Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chelsea Cup Game Matchday Thread 13:20 - Oct 26 with 3734 viewsSaintNick

Getting the thread up early today

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Chelsea Cup Game Matchday Thread on 21:20 - Oct 26 with 828 viewsSaintNick

Chelsea Cup Game Matchday Thread on 21:18 - Oct 26 by saint22

Yes I agree very good so why bring Walcott on

Romeu on for Diallo and Smallbone on for stuart armstrong fresh legs in the centre

Chelsea Cup Game Matchday Thread on 21:25 - Oct 26 with 785 viewsSaintNick

Chelsea Cup Game Matchday Thread on 21:20 - Oct 26 by SaintNick

Romeu on for Diallo and Smallbone on for stuart armstrong fresh legs in the centre

Livramento on for Djenepo

Chelsea Cup Game Matchday Thread on 21:25 - Oct 26 with 782 viewscocklebreath

Chelsea Cup Game Matchday Thread on 21:25 - Oct 26 by SaintNick

Livramento on for Djenepo

Great sub, Tino to win it

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Chelsea Cup Game Matchday Thread on 21:32 - Oct 26 with 731 viewssaint22

Lyanco looking rather solid tonight
Chelsea Cup Game Matchday Thread on 21:37 - Oct 26 with 701 viewsSaintsforeverj

Chelsea Cup Game Matchday Thread on 21:32 - Oct 26 by saint22

And he nearly scored. Yes he has done well.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Chelsea Cup Game Matchday Thread on 21:38 - Oct 26 with 693 viewsSaintNick

Chelsea Cup Game Matchday Thread on 21:32 - Oct 26 by saint22

Saints could have won it twice in the 2nd last minute and Chelsea almost did with last kick.

Man of the Match Fraser Forster and lyanco both of whom were immense

Chelsea Cup Game Matchday Thread on 21:39 - Oct 26 with 680 viewssaint22

Did Walcott actually touch the ball??
Chelsea Cup Game Matchday Thread on 21:39 - Oct 26 with 679 views1885_SFC

Chelsea Cup Game Matchday Thread on 21:38 - Oct 26 by SaintNick

Saints could have won it twice in the 2nd last minute and Chelsea almost did with last kick.

Man of the Match Fraser Forster and lyanco both of whom were immense

... along with Salisu.

Old School is Cool

Login to get fewer ads

Chelsea Cup Game Matchday Thread on 21:43 - Oct 26 with 656 viewsRon11

Chelsea Cup Game Matchday Thread on 21:39 - Oct 26 by 1885_SFC

... along with Salisu.

And, predictably, Walcott misses, then Fraser saves one.
Chelsea Cup Game Matchday Thread on 21:46 - Oct 26 with 642 viewssaint22

Chelsea Cup Game Matchday Thread on 21:39 - Oct 26 by saint22

Did Walcott actually touch the ball??

Oh he did now though wish he hadn’t
Please Ralph him him off ffs
Chelsea Cup Game Matchday Thread on 21:49 - Oct 26 with 609 viewsdirk_doone

As I've always said, McCarthy and Walcott should be nowhere near Saints first team as they are both cr@p. Unfortunately, Walcott was.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2021 21:49]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Chelsea Cup Game Matchday Thread on 21:49 - Oct 26 with 602 viewsSaintsforeverj

Why an earth did Smallbone take a penalty? Hasn't played for more than a year, first game and he is a young player. Far too much pressure for the lad. And Walcott, well no surprise there

Chelsea Cup Game Matchday Thread on 21:51 - Oct 26 with 577 viewsHeisenberg

Hard luck Saints. Played really well. Smallbone shouldn’t have taken a penalty. He always looked like he was going to miss. Can hold there heads up high though.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Chelsea Cup Game Matchday Thread on 21:51 - Oct 26 with 567 viewsdirk_doone

So, after seeing a proper Premier League goalkeeper play for us tonight, will Ralph go back to League One standard McCarthy for our next game? Of course, he will. We'll probably see Walcott again too.

I won't blame Smallbone. Bringing Walcott on cost us the game. Did anyone seriously believe Walcott would score his penalty? There must have been a collective 'oh no' from 99.999% of Saunts' fans when Walcott came on as sub.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2021 21:54]

Chelsea Cup Game Matchday Thread on 21:54 - Oct 26 with 520 views10i

When you have to wonder about three of the five penalty takers, it is now wonder how it ends (long didn't fill me with confidence neither...)
Chelsea Cup Game Matchday Thread on 21:54 - Oct 26 with 516 viewsA1079

Proud of the team tonight. Great effort lads. Exception is Walcott. He really is a waste of space. Please Ralph do not pick him again. I can excuse Smallbone. But, that aside despite the defeat dead chuffed with the work put in and again giving Chelsea a game. If only we could be more clinical when it matters and imagine some of the results we could have had this season.
Chelsea Cup Game Matchday Thread on 21:55 - Oct 26 with 490 viewsdirk_doone

Chelsea Cup Game Matchday Thread on 21:54 - Oct 26 by A1079

Proud of the team tonight. Great effort lads. Exception is Walcott. He really is a waste of space. Please Ralph do not pick him again. I can excuse Smallbone. But, that aside despite the defeat dead chuffed with the work put in and again giving Chelsea a game. If only we could be more clinical when it matters and imagine some of the results we could have had this season.

Forster was MOTM. If McCarthy had been in goal, Chelsea would have won that easily, at least 3-1.

Chelsea Cup Game Matchday Thread on 21:56 - Oct 26 with 479 viewskingslandstand1

Chelsea Cup Game Matchday Thread on 21:54 - Oct 26 by 10i

When you have to wonder about three of the five penalty takers, it is now wonder how it ends (long didn't fill me with confidence neither...)

But Long's was one of the better ones?
Chelsea Cup Game Matchday Thread on 21:57 - Oct 26 with 477 viewsSaintsforeverj

Chelsea Cup Game Matchday Thread on 21:54 - Oct 26 by A1079

Clinical is the word. We play well but don't ever score enough goals. We miss far too many chances. Not Smallbone fault. You can't blame a young player who hasn't played for a year. He shouldn't have been chosen to take one. Oh well never mind! Chelsea can enjoy winning the league, the cup after having already won the champions League.

Chelsea Cup Game Matchday Thread on 21:57 - Oct 26 with 471 viewsNYC_Saint

Chelsea Cup Game Matchday Thread on 21:51 - Oct 26 by dirk_doone

So, after seeing a proper Premier League goalkeeper play for us tonight, will Ralph go back to League One standard McCarthy for our next game? Of course, he will. We'll probably see Walcott again too.

I won't blame Smallbone. Bringing Walcott on cost us the game. Did anyone seriously believe Walcott would score his penalty? There must have been a collective 'oh no' from 99.999% of Saunts' fans when Walcott came on as sub.

I wonder if signing Walcott full time was not what Ralph wanted and he's under some sort of pressure to keep playing him given he's on one of the higher salaries? I don't think he's been as bad as many suggest but I do think we have better options to at least try.

I only saw the second half but I thought we looked good and played some good quick passing through the middle which was a refreshing change.
Chelsea Cup Game Matchday Thread on 21:58 - Oct 26 with 466 viewssaint22

Chelsea Cup Game Matchday Thread on 21:51 - Oct 26 by dirk_doone

I seriously think Walcott only touch was to miss a penalty
Surely Ralph cannot pick him again!!?
And I don’t blame smallbone though after a year out why would he take one?
Chelsea Cup Game Matchday Thread on 22:00 - Oct 26 with 455 viewsdirk_doone

Chelsea Cup Game Matchday Thread on 21:57 - Oct 26 by Saintsforeverj

Clinical is the word. We play well but don't ever score enough goals. We miss far too many chances. Not Smallbone fault. You can't blame a young player who hasn't played for a year. He shouldn't have been chosen to take one. Oh well never mind! Chelsea can enjoy winning the league, the cup after having already won the champions League.

Chelsea had 14 shots on target; Saints had 7.

Forster is the word. He's the only reason we kept them down to one goal.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2021 22:01]

Chelsea Cup Game Matchday Thread on 22:01 - Oct 26 with 454 viewssaint22

Chelsea Cup Game Matchday Thread on 21:57 - Oct 26 by NYC_Saint

I wonder if signing Walcott full time was not what Ralph wanted and he's under some sort of pressure to keep playing him given he's on one of the higher salaries? I don't think he's been as bad as many suggest but I do think we have better options to at least try.

I only saw the second half but I thought we looked good and played some good quick passing through the middle which was a refreshing change.

I keep saying this, I think it’s contractual,if fit must play some part
There is no other reason
Everton and Arsenal fans agree he was crap for them
Chelsea Cup Game Matchday Thread on 22:01 - Oct 26 with 449 viewsSadoldgit

Much better performance in the second half although I had a crap stream and missed everything of importance including our goal and Forsters penalty save. No disgrace in losing by penalties. Good to see Lyanco put in a solid performance.
Chelsea Cup Game Matchday Thread on 22:06 - Oct 26 with 411 viewsSaintsforeverj

Just disappointing to lose on penalties, after again playing so well. But yep let's take the positives. Lyanco much better than we all expected.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024