Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton At Chelsea The Carabao Cup Verdict 22:15 - Oct 26 with 1168 viewsSaintsNews

Southampton At Chelsea The Carabao Cup Verdict 26th Oct 2021 22:14
Saints went out of the Carabao Cup in a penalty shootout, but they came through the came with a fighting spirit and pride that made you proud to be a Southampton fan, we can march on with our heads held high. 18

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Southampton At Chelsea The Carabao Cup Verdict on 22:29 - Oct 26 with 1126 viewsRon11

'No one let us down tonight'
Apart from Walcott and his first and last touch of the ball, a penalty not even on target.
Southampton At Chelsea The Carabao Cup Verdict on 22:31 - Oct 26 with 1121 viewsSaintNick

Southampton At Chelsea The Carabao Cup Verdict on 22:29 - Oct 26 by Ron11

Apart from Walcott and his first and last touch of the ball, a penalty not even on target.

Walcott played no worse than Tella, he is not the first man to miss a penalty in a shootout.

Walcott put in a shift, even if things didn't come off

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Southampton At Chelsea The Carabao Cup Verdict on 22:32 - Oct 26 with 1106 viewsSadoldgit

Southampton At Chelsea The Carabao Cup Verdict on 22:29 - Oct 26 by Ron11

I thought he hit the post? At least he didn’t launch it out of the stadium.
Southampton At Chelsea The Carabao Cup Verdict on 07:20 - Oct 27 with 937 viewssaint22

Southampton At Chelsea The Carabao Cup Verdict on 22:31 - Oct 26 by SaintNick

Walcott played no worse than Tella, he is not the first man to miss a penalty in a shootout.

Are you kidding!?
Tella was a live wire and touched the ball

This is now abig test of the actual manager Ralph is, on the back of last night Walcott should only ever be sub at best
Also time to quit this charade and play our best keeper that is FF, we are not in the position to rotate
Southampton At Chelsea The Carabao Cup Verdict on 09:41 - Oct 27 with 840 viewsSonicBoom

I thought it was a performance that us fans could be proud of. No need to dig out individuals as overall it was much better than we have been getting.
Lyanco was a revelation last night. Everything we want from a centre back. It will be interesting to see which is the real Lyanco. The one that player last night, or the one that played against Sheffield United.
Southampton At Chelsea The Carabao Cup Verdict on 09:54 - Oct 27 with 827 viewsSaintNick

Southampton At Chelsea The Carabao Cup Verdict on 09:41 - Oct 27 by SonicBoom

I thought it was a performance that us fans could be proud of. No need to dig out individuals as overall it was much better than we have been getting.
Lyanco was a revelation last night. Everything we want from a centre back. It will be interesting to see which is the real Lyanco. The one that player last night, or the one that played against Sheffield United.

The problem for some is that they always have to have a player to criticise, Walcott is getting a lot of stick but he played 25 minutes or so in a team that battled hard and earned a draw against a far superior on paper Chelsea team.

We should be winning as a team and losing as a team, the players clearly do and so should the fans, we should look to highlight those who were outstanding, not pick out those who didn't play quite so well.

Especially when it is only some who are picked out, on Saturday livramento let his man go and have a free header for Burnley's first goal, barely a mention of that on message boards, if it had been Walcott then it would have been all over the place.

Truth is our best period in the game came in the final 10 minutes when their keeper had to keep them in it.

You are only as good as your last game is the old adage, Lyanco was new to the club when he played at Sheffield, those who went told me he was ok, got caught a couple of times, but other than that looked ok, clearly a little bit more training and learning etc has improved him.

Southampton At Chelsea The Carabao Cup Verdict on 10:08 - Oct 27 with 812 viewsSonicBoom

Nick as I said let's not dig players out but certain players get less stick because they deliver at other times.
Stuart Armstrong is cut slack when he misplaces as pass because often he makes that pass.
Livramento made the odd error and got caught but he does so much other stuff well.

Some players seem to deliver very little and therefore have no "credit" in the bank. Walcott has delivered very little and therefore is on relatively thin ice with the fans.
Southampton At Chelsea The Carabao Cup Verdict on 10:15 - Oct 27 with 800 viewssaint22

Southampton At Chelsea The Carabao Cup Verdict on 22:32 - Oct 26 by Sadoldgit

And that constitutes good enough does it?
ffs
Login to get fewer ads

Southampton At Chelsea The Carabao Cup Verdict on 10:23 - Oct 27 with 798 viewsBerber

Southampton At Chelsea The Carabao Cup Verdict on 09:54 - Oct 27 by SaintNick

The problem for some is that they always have to have a player to criticise, Walcott is getting a lot of stick but he played 25 minutes or so in a team that battled hard and earned a draw against a far superior on paper Chelsea team.

We should be winning as a team and losing as a team, the players clearly do and so should the fans, we should look to highlight those who were outstanding, not pick out those who didn't play quite so well.

Especially when it is only some who are picked out, on Saturday livramento let his man go and have a free header for Burnley's first goal, barely a mention of that on message boards, if it had been Walcott then it would have been all over the place.

Truth is our best period in the game came in the final 10 minutes when their keeper had to keep them in it.

You are only as good as your last game is the old adage, Lyanco was new to the club when he played at Sheffield, those who went told me he was ok, got caught a couple of times, but other than that looked ok, clearly a little bit more training and learning etc has improved him.

RH seems to have a good process of getting players acclimatised to his system, giving them time and not exposing them in the pell mell of the PL. If Lyanco turns out to be anything like Salisu, who was also prone to getting caught out in his early outings, we will not have much to complain about, and the club will likely turn a good profit in time.
Southampton At Chelsea The Carabao Cup Verdict on 10:37 - Oct 27 with 785 viewsSaintNick

Southampton At Chelsea The Carabao Cup Verdict on 10:08 - Oct 27 by SonicBoom

Nick as I said let's not dig players out but certain players get less stick because they deliver at other times.
Stuart Armstrong is cut slack when he misplaces as pass because often he makes that pass.
Livramento made the odd error and got caught but he does so much other stuff well.

Some players seem to deliver very little and therefore have no "credit" in the bank. Walcott has delivered very little and therefore is on relatively thin ice with the fans.

I don't think Walcott has played well this season, I don't think that he deserves a place in the starting line up, but that doesn't mean that I don't want him to do well.

When certain players make a mistake you just know that there will be some out there who will be straight on there back, that whatever they do there will be no praise or indeed any slack.

I have seen people say that Walcott cost us the game last night, that bringing him on stopped us winning, that is just not true, we needed fresh legs, we needed experience, Walcott provided both, what he didn't provide was a match winning pass or shot, so in some peoples eyes that meant he had not done a job or had played badly.

There are certain whipping boys in the squad who some seem to almost relish having a go at them, almost waiting for them to fail so they can gloat and have a rant about why they were selected.

After this game it should have been all about a great performance and a spirit in the camp that should hopefully propel us up the league, it should have been about Lyanco or Fraser Forster or how hard Adam Armstrong grafted, how Yan Valery won the ball and gave it to Walker Peters to lay on the goal for Che Adams, but it wasn't it was about having a go at Theo Walcott

Southampton At Chelsea The Carabao Cup Verdict on 11:21 - Oct 27 with 754 views1885_SFC

I believe they're still looking for the ball from Will Smallbone's penalty somewhere in Fulham this morning...

Old School is Cool

Southampton At Chelsea The Carabao Cup Verdict on 13:17 - Oct 27 with 696 views1teeminants

Tella’s confidence is probably shot after excelling last season and playing very well this pre season. He’s been dumped like a piece of rubbish .You don’t treat young players like that, you tell them how brilliant they are , put your arm round them and tell them to go out and cause havoc.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2021 13:26]

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Southampton At Chelsea The Carabao Cup Verdict on 13:40 - Oct 27 with 678 viewsgrumpy

How can you say ‘Walcott played no worse than Tella’? Walcott was only on the pitch 20 odd minutes.I didn’t see much of a contribution when he came on.As 1Team says Tella has been treated very poorly,he’s a good player who put himself about last night and did his best,to compare him to Walcott is ridiculous.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2021 13:47]
Southampton At Chelsea The Carabao Cup Verdict on 13:46 - Oct 27 with 671 viewssaint22

Southampton At Chelsea The Carabao Cup Verdict on 13:17 - Oct 27 by 1teeminants

Tella’s confidence is probably shot after excelling last season and playing very well this pre season. He’s been dumped like a piece of rubbish .You don’t treat young players like that, you tell them how brilliant they are , put your arm round them and tell them to go out and cause havoc.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2021 13:26]

Fully agreed and the same can be said of KWP
Another major ? where Ralphs "management" skills are concerned
Southampton At Chelsea The Carabao Cup Verdict on 10:31 - Oct 28 with 530 viewsTimSaint

So he still failed to hit the target from 12 yards - fair enough if you hit the target and the keeper saves it, but to not hit the target is criminal. His miss was the same result as Smallbone's - a miss !!

When Walcott and Long came on with 20 mins to go, everyone around us was saying things like 'is Ralph trying to lose this on purpose' and 'why bring on the OAPs' ?

To be fair Long did OK and had a great chance, but Walcott was as poor as he has been in recent games. That was the chance RH had to bring on Livramento in a more advanced role (rather than give him 5 mins at the end). He would have been by far the better option, as he had a point to prove against his old club.

TimSaint

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024