Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Deny the oxygen of publicity 10:30 - Nov 17 with 919 viewssaint901

Incoming rant.

Does anybody remember when Maggie Thatcher decided that the Irish terrorists (of all colours) should be denied the opportunity to explain their latest atrocity on notional TV? I think the phrase she used was as above.

I've only recently joined the active forum community here having been a lurker for a long while. I enjoy the football related pieces and learn a lot. I dabble in the financial/tax issues because that's my job and I'm vain enough to think I can add something. I have views on certain political matters and contribute there when I think I have something to say. (Feel free to ignore those views).

Unfortunately I have also dipped my toe into some of the threads dealing with alleged conspiracies doing the rounds, beginning with Covid and now moving into Climate Change. That was a mistake.

I will no longer contribute to threads alleging conspiracy or control freakery or imagined plots. Partly because opinions there are already polarised beyond reasonable debate but mainly because debating them is a form of validation that in my view is unwarranted.

Thanks for reading tot he end of this rant - as you were..
Deny the oxygen of publicity on 11:56 - Nov 17 with 866 viewsWints76

You might also want to ignore the circular Brexit discussions, and especially the frankly weird debates concerning Mason Mount and any footballers born within the P.O. postcode (bearing in mind that anywhere within the UK can be included in the P.O. postcode for some strange reason)
Deny the oxygen of publicity on 13:09 - Nov 17 with 819 viewssaint68

Blind acceptance, great suggestion.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Deny the oxygen of publicity on 13:25 - Nov 17 with 805 viewsthissceptredsaint

Because we aren't 'woke' no doubt
Deny the oxygen of publicity on 14:03 - Nov 17 with 782 viewsBicester_North

Good advice to yourself Ian

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Deny the oxygen of publicity on 14:41 - Nov 17 with 758 viewssaint901

Deny the oxygen of publicity on 13:09 - Nov 17 by saint68

Blind acceptance, great suggestion.

Think you'll find that choosing not to post about increasingly wild theories on a forum meant for football fans, is a very long way from "blind acceptance".

That I choose to debate these issues elsewhere with people who have evidence led theories and conclusions, rather than vice versa, and who do not repeat the same points time and time again in the vain hope that they gain credence that way, is not blind acceptance.

Last post on this.
Deny the oxygen of publicity on 15:16 - Nov 17 with 735 viewssolent_toffee

On a side note, The Day Today had the best idea on how to deal with this situation...

Deny the oxygen of publicity on 16:25 - Nov 17 with 684 viewsdwayne_dibley

Deny the oxygen of publicity on 15:16 - Nov 17 by solent_toffee

On a side note, The Day Today had the best idea on how to deal with this situation...

is that a bag of Ammonium Nitrate I see in the background?

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Deny the oxygen of publicity on 16:42 - Nov 17 with 668 viewssaint68

Deny the oxygen of publicity on 14:41 - Nov 17 by saint901

Think you'll find that choosing not to post about increasingly wild theories on a forum meant for football fans, is a very long way from "blind acceptance".

That I choose to debate these issues elsewhere with people who have evidence led theories and conclusions, rather than vice versa, and who do not repeat the same points time and time again in the vain hope that they gain credence that way, is not blind acceptance.

Last post on this.

This smacks of a child that used to throw a wobbly and skulk off home with his ball..

I'm right and nothing else matters says S901

Login to get fewer ads

Deny the oxygen of publicity on 18:25 - Nov 17 with 614 viewsSadoldgit

Deny the oxygen of publicity on 16:42 - Nov 17 by saint68

This smacks of a child that used to throw a wobbly and skulk off home with his ball..

I'm right and nothing else matters says S901

And you smack of a spoilt child who will say anything to get attention. Fortunately most people ignore your deliberately provocative posts.
Deny the oxygen of publicity on 19:20 - Nov 17 with 573 viewssaint68

Deny the oxygen of publicity on 18:25 - Nov 17 by Sadoldgit

And you smack of a spoilt child who will say anything to get attention. Fortunately most people ignore your deliberately provocative posts.

Over 30000 on a post you initially made, I enjoyed raiding that and having zero responses???..my god you really are so unselfaware!!

Deny the oxygen of publicity on 19:40 - Nov 17 with 551 viewsSadoldgit

Deny the oxygen of publicity on 19:20 - Nov 17 by saint68

Over 30000 on a post you initially made, I enjoyed raiding that and having zero responses???..my god you really are so unselfaware!!

You call me sad but you spend a great deal of your life spreading cr ap on a football forum where no one gives a damn about your anti vax conspiracy nonsense. You will probably have more luck in your new day job, stirring up hatred of Asians. The reason that thread ran so long is because DorsetIan had the patience to call out your nonsense for the BS it is.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024