Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What happened to the thread re: cricket racisim? 11:55 - Nov 18 with 2694 viewssaints__fan__73

??

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

What happened to the thread re: cricket racisim? on 12:28 - Nov 18 with 2043 viewsSadoldgit

I would imagine that Nick deleted it as it was particularly nasty.
What happened to the thread re: cricket racisim? on 12:49 - Nov 18 with 2019 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Why, what did you lot say? It was fine last night when I read it, opinion-based. Or did it get stupid today? *rolls eyes*

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

What happened to the thread re: cricket racisim? on 12:52 - Nov 18 with 2008 viewsSadoldgit

It was stupid yesterday with a certain anti vaxxer trying to conflate racist abuse with sex crimes and ethnicity.
What happened to the thread re: cricket racisim? on 13:26 - Nov 18 with 1973 viewsSaintNick

If a thread gets out of hand i will remove it, opinions are fine insults are not

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

What happened to the thread re: cricket racisim? on 17:00 - Nov 18 with 1873 viewsdirk_doone

Anyway, it's been resolved now. Azeem Rafiq has issued an apology and said that he's "deeply ashamed of his racist messages".

He was punished by Yorkshire CCC many years ago for abusive online messages.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/59338118
[Post edited 19 Nov 2021 6:55]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

What happened to the thread re: cricket racisim? on 17:10 - Nov 18 with 1832 viewskingslandstand1

What happened to the thread re: cricket racisim? on 17:00 - Nov 18 by dirk_doone

Anyway, it's been resolved now. Azeem Rafiq has issued an apology and said that he's "deeply ashamed of his racist messages".

Somehow I don't think it will now be closed seeing that

What goes around comes around etc ..................... but hey, we've all said and done things we regret later but let's just get on with life, stop the name calling (inc on here) and have a group hug ...................... if only
What happened to the thread re: cricket racisim? on 17:12 - Nov 18 with 1820 viewssaint68

As per usual the doddery old rowmongerer got nasty. He can't help himself it would seem.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

What happened to the thread re: cricket racisim? on 21:30 - Nov 18 with 1654 viewsButty101

What happened to the thread re: cricket racisim? on 17:00 - Nov 18 by dirk_doone

Oh dear he doesn’t like people of African origin either.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Login to get fewer ads

What happened to the thread re: cricket racisim? on 22:09 - Nov 18 with 1619 viewsdirk_doone

What happened to the thread re: cricket racisim? on 21:30 - Nov 18 by Butty101

Oh dear he doesn’t like people of African origin either.

NT
[Post edited 19 Nov 2021 6:47]

What happened to the thread re: cricket racisim? on 23:48 - Nov 18 with 1543 viewsSadoldgit

What happened to the thread re: cricket racisim? on 22:09 - Nov 18 by dirk_doone

NT
[Post edited 19 Nov 2021 6:47]

With all due respect there are over 1.8 billion Muslims in the world. What makes you think that they all think the same way? Go to some parts of America and you will find Christians who are just as radical and scary, it doesn’t mean all Christians think that way.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2021 23:59]
What happened to the thread re: cricket racisim? on 00:32 - Nov 19 with 1526 viewsdirk_doone

What happened to the thread re: cricket racisim? on 23:48 - Nov 18 by Sadoldgit

With all due respect there are over 1.8 billion Muslims in the world. What makes you think that they all think the same way? Go to some parts of America and you will find Christians who are just as radical and scary, it doesn’t mean all Christians think that way.

I don't but I have deleted my comment or this thread might end up having to be removed as well.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2021 6:58]

What happened to the thread re: cricket racisim? on 11:20 - Nov 19 with 1359 viewsBison

What happened to the thread re: cricket racisim? on 23:48 - Nov 18 by Sadoldgit

You are right SoG's all religions are dangerous due to people cherry picking what suits them from there respective books. It does not take many muslims who believe they will go to heaven with a load of virgins at their disposal to cause terror and pain to millions , whilst at the same time you have the bible which endorses slavery and even sets out rules on how to treat your slaves depending on where you got them from.

Not once in the history of the world as a supernatural event been proving to of happened and whilst science ploughs onwards the God's of the Gap get smaller and smaller.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

What happened to the thread re: cricket racisim? on 12:59 - Nov 19 with 1286 viewsSonicBoom

Love him or hate him Ricky Gervais made a great point on religion. I paraphrase but he said if we suddenly lost all religions and all scientific principles then in a thousand years time religions would be back in lots of different forms and beliefs different from what we have today. Yet science would return in the exact same form and based on the same principles as it is now.
What happened to the thread re: cricket racisim? on 13:36 - Nov 19 with 1253 viewsSadoldgit

All of the main religions come from the same place and they all preach tolerance, peace etc so why anybody would think it was a good idea to blow themselves up and take others with them goodness only knows. Do they honestly believe that they are going to end up in some kind of paradise or are they just deranged psychopaths? Sadly there doesn’t seem to be a shortage of them. It is staggering to think that millions of people can read and study the same text but some interpret it completely differently. As you rightly say Bison, there is not a shred of scientific evidence to support any of these religious claims so why would you think that you are doing Gods will when murdering innocent people?
What happened to the thread re: cricket racisim? on 13:42 - Nov 19 with 1240 viewsButty101

What happened to the thread re: cricket racisim? on 13:36 - Nov 19 by Sadoldgit

All of the main religions come from the same place and they all preach tolerance, peace etc so why anybody would think it was a good idea to blow themselves up and take others with them goodness only knows. Do they honestly believe that they are going to end up in some kind of paradise or are they just deranged psychopaths? Sadly there doesn’t seem to be a shortage of them. It is staggering to think that millions of people can read and study the same text but some interpret it completely differently. As you rightly say Bison, there is not a shred of scientific evidence to support any of these religious claims so why would you think that you are doing Gods will when murdering innocent people?

exactly

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

What happened to the thread re: cricket racisim? on 13:45 - Nov 19 with 1233 viewssolent_toffee

What happened to the thread re: cricket racisim? on 13:36 - Nov 19 by Sadoldgit

Do you honestly Christianity, Catholism etc preach tolerance and peace? I grew up as a catholic and if anything it was acceptance of anyone who is the same as them and damnation for those who don’t believe in what they do.

Hatred and intolerance is more in line with Catholic Church teachings than peace and tolerance.
What happened to the thread re: cricket racisim? on 14:14 - Nov 19 with 1198 viewsBison

What happened to the thread re: cricket racisim? on 13:45 - Nov 19 by solent_toffee

Do you honestly Christianity, Catholism etc preach tolerance and peace? I grew up as a catholic and if anything it was acceptance of anyone who is the same as them and damnation for those who don’t believe in what they do.

Hatred and intolerance is more in line with Catholic Church teachings than peace and tolerance.

Would you let your daughters get raped ?

“See now, I have two daughters who have not known a man; please, let me bring them out to you, and you may do to them as you wish; only do nothing to these men, since this is the reason they have come under the shadow of my roof.”

What about Slavery ?

“And if a man beats his male or female servant with a rod, so that he dies under his hand, he shall surely be punished. Notwithstanding, if he remains alive a day or two, he shall not be punished; for he is his property.

The disabled dont fair to well either

For any man who has a defect shall not approach: a man blind or lame, who has a marred face or any limb too long, a man who has a broken foot or broken hand, or is a hunchback or a dwarf, or a man who has a defect in his eye, or eczema or scab, or is a eunuch.

And god forbid what should happen to you if you enjoyed the company of your own sex.

If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their blood guiltiness is upon them.

SO no the bible does not preach love and peace and thats why we have all these crazies , you may think it does but then you are guilty as charged of cherry picking what you want to here , for you its the good stuff , for others its the bad stuff.

What happened to the thread re: cricket racisim? on 15:42 - Nov 19 with 1122 viewsNewdawn2014

What happened to the thread re: cricket racisim? on 13:45 - Nov 19 by solent_toffee

yes, I went to a junior catholic school that would make you stand up on Monday morning and have to give a good reason for not attending mass on Sunday .
What happened to the thread re: cricket racisim? on 16:14 - Nov 19 with 1097 viewssaint901

As this seems to be a thread about religion and its part in discrimination, I'll add a couple of thoughts.

First, most mainstream religions preach tolerance and forgiveness. Many of the written texts that encode their ideas and philosophy are very strong on this.

Second, no written code or manual allows for those who believe that non believers should be converted - if necessary at the point of a sword, gun, bomb, army. That is not religion - that is politics and power.

Religion in its pure form is good and sustaining and many, many people find comfort in their faith. However people are fallible and not pure. Even the best of us harbour demons. Therefore any contact between a pure religion and an imperfect human will taint the former.

Add in regimes that see religion as an extension of the state (including the Church of England - why do you think it's called that?) and bad things happen. The King James bible is essentially a political manifesto proclaiming the divine right of Kings to rule.

Far from being the word of God, the bible we see in many places is the word of political advisers desperate to stabilse the country after a civil war.

All you need is a simple rule.

Treat people as you would like to be treated.
What happened to the thread re: cricket racisim? on 16:25 - Nov 19 with 1088 viewsSaintsforeverj

Religions don't preach tolerance and peace at all. Quotes from religious texts above, show why some religious nutters feel they are justified to carry out the acts they do. "Man shall not lie with Man, as he does with a women". Nothing tolerant about that, and this can result in violence and destruction in the name of God. After all, it says it in the Bible, the Koran and.orher texts that man must not lie with man. So what happens when man does lie with man? Is there tolerance or punishment? In most Muslims countries, you simply can't be gay.

There is also a very dangerous part of the Koran which says that murder is forbidden, except when the religion is under attack. Interpret that how you like, but again that's why religious freaks then commit terrorism, as they feel that their religion is being attacked and terrorism is "justice". Is there forgiveness, when an adulterer is stoned to death, as it is suggested should happen, in the Koran? No, there isnt forgiveness, just punishment and death.

So I don't understand how anyone can say they are a Catholic or a Muslim, if they pick and choose and interpret parts of their Sacred texts. We all pick and choose parts of the texts to follow, whether we are religious or not.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2021 16:39]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

What happened to the thread re: cricket racisim? on 16:27 - Nov 19 with 1082 viewsSadoldgit

From what I remember of my Protestant upbringing that has nothing to do with Christianity and everything to do with ignorant bigotry, but then Protestants and Catholic’s never saw eye to eye.
What happened to the thread re: cricket racisim? on 16:34 - Nov 19 with 1061 viewsSaintsforeverj

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/guides/znhf9j6/revision/4

..Take not life, which God has made sacred, except by way of justice and law. Thus does He command you, so that you may learn wisdom.
Qur'an 6:151

Justice? So there we have it. As a Muslim murder is ok for justice and law. That's why we get the terrorism.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2021 16:38]

What happened to the thread re: cricket racisim? on 16:39 - Nov 19 with 1041 viewsdwayne_dibley

so if you are an atheist you are totally screwed

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

What happened to the thread re: cricket racisim? on 16:39 - Nov 19 with 1041 viewsBison

What happened to the thread re: cricket racisim? on 16:14 - Nov 19 by saint901

As this seems to be a thread about religion and its part in discrimination, I'll add a couple of thoughts.

First, most mainstream religions preach tolerance and forgiveness. Many of the written texts that encode their ideas and philosophy are very strong on this.

Second, no written code or manual allows for those who believe that non believers should be converted - if necessary at the point of a sword, gun, bomb, army. That is not religion - that is politics and power.

Religion in its pure form is good and sustaining and many, many people find comfort in their faith. However people are fallible and not pure. Even the best of us harbour demons. Therefore any contact between a pure religion and an imperfect human will taint the former.

Add in regimes that see religion as an extension of the state (including the Church of England - why do you think it's called that?) and bad things happen. The King James bible is essentially a political manifesto proclaiming the divine right of Kings to rule.

Far from being the word of God, the bible we see in many places is the word of political advisers desperate to stabilse the country after a civil war.

All you need is a simple rule.

Treat people as you would like to be treated.

I agree with your last sentence , you don't need books written by stone age farmers to do that.

You often hear that it is not religious belief itself that is problematic but religious extremism. This sounds appealing until you realise that the presence of religious believers, including religious moderates, is what often shields religious extremists from criticism. That is, the presence of religious moderates seems to provide a context in which religious extremism doesn't seem nearly as irrational and dangerous as it probably should. Moderate believers make it more difficult to question even the most extreme religious beliefs.

Deuteronomy 17:5 about what to do with non-believers - Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

Fairly clear, isn't it? A book, claimed by many to be "holy" in some way, instructs people to murder persons who do not believe in their god. Why haven't we heard more about this? Because many Christians are content to ignore certain parts of their bible while obsessing about others (i.e., cherry picking). And what of those who do not ignore such parts of their "sacred" text? We call them extremists...when all they are doing is following the precise wording of their chosen book. They by many who believe that their texts are the true word of good would applaud those that follow it.... religiously.

If I , an atheist die not accepting god but lived a good and charitable life then my punishment is eternal damnation in hell according to the rules of the bible , whilst a murderous rapist who repents and accepts god on his deathbed goes too ...... yes thats right he gets his pass to heaven stamped.

How can any sane person say thats right ?

What happened to the thread re: cricket racisim? on 16:43 - Nov 19 with 1030 viewsSaintsforeverj

What happened to the thread re: cricket racisim? on 16:39 - Nov 19 by Bison

I agree with your last sentence , you don't need books written by stone age farmers to do that.

You often hear that it is not religious belief itself that is problematic but religious extremism. This sounds appealing until you realise that the presence of religious believers, including religious moderates, is what often shields religious extremists from criticism. That is, the presence of religious moderates seems to provide a context in which religious extremism doesn't seem nearly as irrational and dangerous as it probably should. Moderate believers make it more difficult to question even the most extreme religious beliefs.

Deuteronomy 17:5 about what to do with non-believers - Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

Fairly clear, isn't it? A book, claimed by many to be "holy" in some way, instructs people to murder persons who do not believe in their god. Why haven't we heard more about this? Because many Christians are content to ignore certain parts of their bible while obsessing about others (i.e., cherry picking). And what of those who do not ignore such parts of their "sacred" text? We call them extremists...when all they are doing is following the precise wording of their chosen book. They by many who believe that their texts are the true word of good would applaud those that follow it.... religiously.

If I , an atheist die not accepting god but lived a good and charitable life then my punishment is eternal damnation in hell according to the rules of the bible , whilst a murderous rapist who repents and accepts god on his deathbed goes too ...... yes thats right he gets his pass to heaven stamped.

How can any sane person say thats right ?

And how can it be right to torture people to death as a punishment, when it says murder is a sin? It's all a load of hypocritical nonsense.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024