Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Timewasting in football 10:48 - Nov 20 with 674 viewsA1079

Make of what you will of stats etc but if this is anything to go by we are the third worst for time wasting. I know we are not averse to it, but I would have thought Burnley would have been below us.

I must admit, it has felt timewasting has become worse in games and officials rarely really deal with it. May be they need to bring something in of so many seconds to take a free kick or it gets reversed the other way!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10220473/Premier-League-time-
Timewasting in football on 12:03 - Nov 20 with 606 viewsdwayne_dibley

normal game management

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Timewasting in football on 12:22 - Nov 20 with 584 viewsBison

I dont think its time wasting by us , as JWP takes all free kicks and corners it takes him time to get there and as for our throw ins we only have 2 who can take them so again we have to wait for him to arrive on the scene.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Timewasting in football on 13:46 - Nov 20 with 546 viewsdirk_doone

No surprises there:

Time wasting - why are referees allowing it? by saint901 24 Oct 2021 10:18
The last two matches at St Mary's have seen the opposition blatantly and with malice aforethought waste time from the first minute.

Why are refs allowing this?

I absolutely get why refs are allowing for a more robust and physical match with fewer stoppages but time wasting is frustrating for fans and not good for the flow of the game.

[Post edited 20 Nov 2021 13:48]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Timewasting in football on 13:56 - Nov 20 with 523 viewsericofarabia

imagine if we still has Bertie on throw ins.
Timewasting in football on 13:59 - Nov 20 with 522 viewsHeisenberg

It’s easy to solve. For injuries theyref can call time off as they do in rugby. For other time wasting such as taking ages to take goal kicks or throw ins the ref should warn the captain of the team then if it continues book both him and the offending players with a further warning that if it continues it could lead to a red.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024