Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Too Risky for Office Parties? 08:01 - Dec 3 with 1082 viewsBerber

On the BBC Website
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59414343

It is an interesting one. In Oslo Friday last week, 120 office workers held a Christmas get together after work at a venue on the harbourside. Drinks were involved, maybe other stuff too. I don't know how much snogging went on, but this week, 61 of them tested positive for Covid, 15 of them with Omicron.

Given Norway's very high vaccination rate, you might say, "So what? They aren't going to get seriously ill." Apart from Omicron, and we don't know if that is needless scaremongering (which I suspect is the case) or a real reason to hold back and be careful, which is understandable too.

Should I go to the match on Saturday (yes probably)?

I just wish I knew the answer to how safe it is, now. meantime, I'll carry on with the masks and frequent lateral flow testing.
Too Risky for Office Parties? on 09:27 - Dec 3 with 1042 viewsSadoldgit

You are perfectly safe if you are amongst a group of Tories apparently. 😉
Too Risky for Office Parties? on 10:21 - Dec 3 with 1030 viewsBerber

Too Risky for Office Parties? on 09:27 - Dec 3 by Sadoldgit

You are perfectly safe if you are amongst a group of Tories apparently. 😉

Let's just hope that boar's head isn't on the menu.
Too Risky for Office Parties? on 10:28 - Dec 3 with 1028 viewsBerber

Update:

All the Omicron cases were from one source, an employee recently returned from SA who claimed to have done a LTF before attending (yeah, right). But 15 cases from one case at one even shows how contagious it is. The good news, is that all the cases have very mild symptoms, but no old codgers at the Christmas Party though.
Too Risky for Office Parties? on 11:12 - Dec 3 with 1013 viewssolent_toffee

We had a works get together a few weeks ago in Manchester. It was a stay over with around 60 from our organisation who hadn’t been together for 18 months.

Over 20 people tested positive for COVID a few days later. Who then it onto family, friends etc who they cam into contact with.

Christmas do has now been postponed until Spring.
Too Risky for Office Parties? on 07:18 - Dec 4 with 952 viewsBerber

Too Risky for Office Parties? on 10:21 - Dec 3 by Berber

Let's just hope that boar's head isn't on the menu.

Another 30 people have now tested positive, so a total of 90 out of 120. 20 of them are Omicron.
Too Risky for Office Parties? on 08:53 - Dec 4 with 928 viewsBison

Too Risky for Office Parties? on 07:18 - Dec 4 by Berber

Another 30 people have now tested positive, so a total of 90 out of 120. 20 of them are Omicron.

90 out of 120 ? That sort of indicates the vaccines are not working , I am not an anti-vaxer and have my booster on Monday , open goal for Jelly and co here .

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Too Risky for Office Parties? on 09:16 - Dec 4 with 911 viewssaint22

There is a downside to no Xmas parties?!?
Too Risky for Office Parties? on 09:32 - Dec 4 with 905 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

It's a great reason not to suffer the yearly bullsh*t that is "Christmas at work". Work jumpers, forced fun, secret f**king santa, parties with Clive from Accounts buying everyone Jaegerbombs and trying to grope everyone. The marketing girls all with orange skin drinking prosecco and shrieking about getting mortal.

Absolutely hideous. Work Christmas parties should be banned full stop. Vile events.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Login to get fewer ads

Too Risky for Office Parties? on 09:41 - Dec 4 with 888 viewssaint68

Too Risky for Office Parties? on 09:32 - Dec 4 by Gennaro_Contaldo

It's a great reason not to suffer the yearly bullsh*t that is "Christmas at work". Work jumpers, forced fun, secret f**king santa, parties with Clive from Accounts buying everyone Jaegerbombs and trying to grope everyone. The marketing girls all with orange skin drinking prosecco and shrieking about getting mortal.

Absolutely hideous. Work Christmas parties should be banned full stop. Vile events.

Company Christmas parties are awful, I used to prefer a couple of drinks with colleagues outside of the official gathering in a more sedate setting than being at a whacky party with knobheads in full party animal mode.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Too Risky for Office Parties? on 11:08 - Dec 4 with 870 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Too Risky for Office Parties? on 09:41 - Dec 4 by saint68

Company Christmas parties are awful, I used to prefer a couple of drinks with colleagues outside of the official gathering in a more sedate setting than being at a whacky party with knobheads in full party animal mode.

That's genuinely what I've always done for the last 12 years or so - at one company I didn't actually like anyone there, so I went out with another mate at the same time they had their sh*t party. I am an intensely miserable b*stard though.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Too Risky for Office Parties? on 12:41 - Dec 4 with 813 viewssaint68

Too Risky for Office Parties? on 11:08 - Dec 4 by Gennaro_Contaldo

That's genuinely what I've always done for the last 12 years or so - at one company I didn't actually like anyone there, so I went out with another mate at the same time they had their sh*t party. I am an intensely miserable b*stard though.

Nothing wrong at all with that GC.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024