Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How do I block posts from certain individuals please? 14:32 - Dec 6 with 1501 viewssaint901

Life is too short for some of the repetitive nonsense posted here.
How do I block posts from certain individuals please? on 14:33 - Dec 6 with 1497 viewsJaySaint

you grow a pair of bollox

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

How do I block posts from certain individuals please? on 14:38 - Dec 6 with 1487 viewsSadoldgit

Click on the small figure in the bottom right hand corner of their post. I’ve used it a few times and it helps!
How do I block posts from certain individuals please? on 13:45 - Dec 9 with 1325 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

How do I block posts from certain individuals please? (n/t) on 15:33 - Dec 9 with 1272 viewssaint68

🤔🥱
[Post edited 9 Dec 2021 15:53]

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

How do I block posts from certain individuals please? on 15:52 - Dec 9 with 1248 viewssaint68

How do I block posts from certain individuals please? on 14:33 - Dec 6 by JaySaint

you grow a pair of bollox

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

How do I block posts from certain individuals please? on 18:24 - Dec 9 with 1194 viewsSadoldgit

How do I block posts from certain individuals please? on 13:45 - Dec 9 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Or alternatively people just don’t want to spend their day dealing with WUMs and trolls.
How do I block posts from certain individuals please? on 18:57 - Dec 9 with 1175 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

How do I block posts from certain individuals please? on 18:24 - Dec 9 by Sadoldgit

Or alternatively people just don’t want to spend their day dealing with WUMs and trolls.

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

How do I block posts from certain individuals please? on 20:25 - Dec 9 with 1145 viewscocklebreath

How do I block posts from certain individuals please? on 18:57 - Dec 9 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

You’re such a sad f()cker what on earth are you doing with your life?

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Login to get fewer ads

How do I block posts from certain individuals please? on 07:04 - Dec 10 with 1062 viewsJellybaby

Groupthink is a psychological phenomenon that occurs within a group of people in which the desire for harmony or conformity in the group results in an irrational or dysfunctional decision-making outcome.

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

How do I block posts from certain individuals please? on 08:29 - Dec 10 with 1035 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

I've never understood why anyone would block anyone on a forum? It's all about opinions whether you agree or not, otherwise it'd be a thread of;

I agree

So do I

I agree

Spot on pal

I agree

Yes

etc.

Even the skate is allowed an opinion, for everyone to ridicule.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

How do I block posts from certain individuals please? on 08:38 - Dec 10 with 1025 viewssaint901

It's not the opinions that are the issue.

A favourite quote from my line of work is a Judge to a barrister.

"Mr X, mere repetition of an opinion does not grant it any more weight nor make it a fact"

The purpose of a forum, rather like an oral debate, is to examine an issue and expose it to different tests and circumstances.

Two parties who cannot or will not engage and instead stick to a dogma that is demonstrably false or weak are simply wasting the readers/listeners time and effort.

We all like to be right - all the time - but in breaking news, we're often not. Accept it, be open to new facts and ideas and views and be an adult.
How do I block posts from certain individuals please? on 09:22 - Dec 10 with 1003 viewsSadoldgit

Different opinions are fine and what forums are all about. What is tiresome is wind up merchants just trying to get a bite, Internet bullies acting out in a safe environment where they can say things to people they are too afraid to say to their face, people with multiple log ins (why would you do that?) and people who just get off on trolling others. You could add to that list those who for whatever reason try and get forums closed down. There are certain posters who ruin forums, not through their opinions but because they need to play the Alpha male and make it all about them. One such poster who used to dominate this place and got himself kicked off is now doing the same thing on another forum with the same results. Unlike the pub where you can just move to another table or bar, without ignore functions you are stuck with these people constantly. Prudent use of the ignore function can make for a less fraught forum experience.
How do I block posts from certain individuals please? on 13:09 - Dec 10 with 955 viewsJellybaby

How do I block posts from certain individuals please? on 08:29 - Dec 10 by Gennaro_Contaldo

I've never understood why anyone would block anyone on a forum? It's all about opinions whether you agree or not, otherwise it'd be a thread of;

I agree

So do I

I agree

Spot on pal

I agree

Yes

etc.

Even the skate is allowed an opinion, for everyone to ridicule.

Yes, 100 per cent, ridicule is fine, censorship and the closing down of debate just feels sinister, as Voltaire said “I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.”

Ironically I may be one of the people that 901is blocking, in which case he is unable to respond.

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

How do I block posts from certain individuals please? on 14:29 - Dec 10 with 932 viewssaint901

How do I block posts from certain individuals please? on 13:09 - Dec 10 by Jellybaby

Yes, 100 per cent, ridicule is fine, censorship and the closing down of debate just feels sinister, as Voltaire said “I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.”

Ironically I may be one of the people that 901is blocking, in which case he is unable to respond.

Mr Jellybaby, you are most definitely not one of those I'm considering blocking.

I may not agree with everything, or much, or indeed anything you post but at least you have some reason and (flawed) logic behind your position. That tells me that I may well learn something from continued interaction.

I'm more concerned about wasting my time with obstinate and unreasonably stubborn people who wilfully ignore facts.

You're safe.
How do I block posts from certain individuals please? on 14:32 - Dec 10 with 931 viewsbarry_sanchez

How do I block posts from certain individuals please? on 14:38 - Dec 6 by Sadoldgit

Click on the small figure in the bottom right hand corner of their post. I’ve used it a few times and it helps!

I've no doubt you have, you remind me of Gareth Keenan.

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone
Poll: What is your favourite poll?

How do I block posts from certain individuals please? on 19:23 - Dec 10 with 860 viewsJellybaby

How do I block posts from certain individuals please? on 14:29 - Dec 10 by saint901

Mr Jellybaby, you are most definitely not one of those I'm considering blocking.

I may not agree with everything, or much, or indeed anything you post but at least you have some reason and (flawed) logic behind your position. That tells me that I may well learn something from continued interaction.

I'm more concerned about wasting my time with obstinate and unreasonably stubborn people who wilfully ignore facts.

You're safe.

Never one to court popularity, but strangely exhilarated to avoid the 901 cull.

How do I block posts from certain individuals please? on 20:51 - Dec 10 with 836 viewsBazza

How do I block posts from certain individuals please? on 08:38 - Dec 10 by saint901

It's not the opinions that are the issue.

A favourite quote from my line of work is a Judge to a barrister.

"Mr X, mere repetition of an opinion does not grant it any more weight nor make it a fact"

The purpose of a forum, rather like an oral debate, is to examine an issue and expose it to different tests and circumstances.

Two parties who cannot or will not engage and instead stick to a dogma that is demonstrably false or weak are simply wasting the readers/listeners time and effort.

We all like to be right - all the time - but in breaking news, we're often not. Accept it, be open to new facts and ideas and views and be an adult.

Some great points. We all need to look at ourselves. I’m not sure many on here are capable or willing to adjust away from their adherence to certain dogma or their party political stance. We should try to open our minds.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024