Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rasmus Ankersen 13:28 - Jan 4 with 3820 viewsdirk_doone

This is great news. What he has achieved at a small club like Brentord is remarkable. Imagine what he can achieve here.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2023 15:22]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Rasmus Ankersen is brilliant on 13:34 - Jan 4 with 2931 viewsSaintNick

It is far easier to take a small club from League 1 or the Championship up to the Premier League, than it is to get from 10th to 6th, I keep an open mind, till I know what the budget is, but he is not proven at the level we are looking for

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Rasmus Ankersen is brilliant on 13:42 - Jan 4 with 2885 viewsdirk_doone

Hopefully, he shouldn't have too many problems here. As well as Brentford, he has been hired by Facebook, Google, LEGO, Microsoft, Roche, Astra Zeneca, Coca-Cola and Cisco to share his research on how to build high performance organisations.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2023 15:23]

Rasmus Ankersen is brilliant on 13:45 - Jan 4 with 2869 viewsButty101

Rasmus Ankersen is brilliant on 13:42 - Jan 4 by dirk_doone

Hopefully, he shouldn't have too many problems here. As well as Brentford, he has been hired by Facebook, Google, LEGO, Microsoft, Roche, Astra Zeneca, Coca-Cola and Cisco to share his research on how to build high performance organisations.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2023 15:23]

Ive worked for Cisco. They are not a high performance organisation :-)

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Rasmus Ankersen is brilliant on 13:56 - Jan 4 with 2828 viewssaints__fan__73

Rasmus Ankersen is brilliant on 13:34 - Jan 4 by SaintNick

It is far easier to take a small club from League 1 or the Championship up to the Premier League, than it is to get from 10th to 6th, I keep an open mind, till I know what the budget is, but he is not proven at the level we are looking for

Yes, I mean his football Cv can't be anything like as impressive as Martin Semmens was.....

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Rasmus Ankersen is brilliant on 14:01 - Jan 4 with 2811 viewsarfurdent

Will he bring Les Reed back?

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Rasmus Ankersen is brilliant on 14:10 - Jan 4 with 2770 viewsSaintNick

Rasmus Ankersen is brilliant on 13:56 - Jan 4 by saints__fan__73

Yes, I mean his football Cv can't be anything like as impressive as Martin Semmens was.....

Tell me how many Professional footballers go on the be succesful ceo's or Chairmen of football clubs, you want your CEO to know how to run a business and put the right people in place, not to think he knows better than the professionals

Rasmus Ankersen is brilliant on 14:17 - Jan 4 with 2747 viewssaints__fan__73

Rasmus Ankersen is brilliant on 14:10 - Jan 4 by SaintNick

Tell me how many Professional footballers go on the be succesful ceo's or Chairmen of football clubs, you want your CEO to know how to run a business and put the right people in place, not to think he knows better than the professionals

Are you trying to say Rasmus Ankersen was a professional footballer? A bit of a leap, the bloke had one senior game....

Rasmus Ankersen is brilliant on 14:19 - Jan 4 with 2742 viewsdirk_doone

Rasmus Ankersen is brilliant on 13:56 - Jan 4 by saints__fan__73

Kraft, Ankersen and Solak are already getting the Cortese treatment from Nick. Looks like he's lost his PR job.

Login to get fewer ads

Rasmus Ankersen is brilliant on 14:27 - Jan 4 with 2704 viewssaints__fan__73

Rasmus Ankersen is brilliant on 14:19 - Jan 4 by dirk_doone

Kraft, Ankersen and Solak are already getting the Cortese treatment from Nick. Looks like he's lost his PR job.

Lol. I can see it now, 2023 and we're pushing for a place in Europe while Nick pens his 'to be blunt we could be doing so much better' editorials.

Rasmus Ankersen is brilliant on 14:34 - Jan 4 with 2679 viewsSoton

Rasmus Ankersen is brilliant on 13:34 - Jan 4 by SaintNick

Surely if he ends up doing nothing that will make him a good owner?
Rasmus Ankersen is brilliant on 14:43 - Jan 4 with 2663 viewsdirk_doone

Brentford fans' view:

https://griffinpark.org/index.php?threads/rasmus-ankersen-leaves-bfc-and-buys-so

Rasmus Ankersen is brilliant on 15:17 - Jan 4 with 2561 viewsNewdawn2014

All very positive comments from Bee`s fans , we have to trust that he`s the right man ,time will tell .
Rasmus Ankersen is brilliant on 15:19 - Jan 4 with 2559 viewsBuenosSaint

Rasmus Ankersen is brilliant on 14:43 - Jan 4 by dirk_doone

Brentford fans' view:

https://griffinpark.org/index.php?threads/rasmus-ankersen-leaves-bfc-and-buys-so

I had a quick read through. Cheers Dirk.
Interesting comments.
But basically they adore him.
They are worried about him poaching good staff now though. Yet, not overly annoyed at sfc as such.

Seemed a decent bunch of fans going by their posts on this thread.

Poll: The Long Future

Rasmus Ankersen is brilliant on 15:27 - Jan 4 with 2540 viewsSaintNick

Rasmus Ankersen is brilliant on 14:19 - Jan 4 by dirk_doone

Not at all im just being cautious until i know the set up and how things will work, you say Rasmus Andersen is brilliant, but so far his achievements are getting two small clubs to a high position, Bournemouth have achieved more yet we would not want their management.

So I will be cautious and applaud them when they do things right, which hopefully they will, in essence though things will evolve not suddenly have 100's of millions thrown at it.

Rasmus Ankersen is brilliant on 16:14 - Jan 4 with 2449 viewsPaleRider

Rasmus Ankersen is brilliant on 15:19 - Jan 4 by BuenosSaint

I had a quick read through. Cheers Dirk.
Interesting comments.
But basically they adore him.
They are worried about him poaching good staff now though. Yet, not overly annoyed at sfc as such.

Seemed a decent bunch of fans going by their posts on this thread.

Agreed.
Rasmus Ankersen is brilliant on 16:21 - Jan 4 with 2418 viewsPaleRider

Rasmus Ankersen is brilliant on 15:27 - Jan 4 by SaintNick

Not at all im just being cautious until i know the set up and how things will work, you say Rasmus Andersen is brilliant, but so far his achievements are getting two small clubs to a high position, Bournemouth have achieved more yet we would not want their management.

So I will be cautious and applaud them when they do things right, which hopefully they will, in essence though things will evolve not suddenly have 100's of millions thrown at it.

Nick - you are right to be cautious but let's just bask in the joy of getting rid of an uninterested owner who gave not a single toss about the Saints' fanbase or even bothered to come to games. You are right that it will be evolution but to me the better story than Brentford is Midtjylland. Hopefully they believe that they can achieve a measure of the same success with Saints. These guys seem to understand football and have said the right things so far, so I'm going for cautious optimism.
Rasmus Ankersen is brilliant on 16:26 - Jan 4 with 2394 viewsSaintNick

Rasmus Ankersen is brilliant on 16:21 - Jan 4 by PaleRider

Nick - you are right to be cautious but let's just bask in the joy of getting rid of an uninterested owner who gave not a single toss about the Saints' fanbase or even bothered to come to games. You are right that it will be evolution but to me the better story than Brentford is Midtjylland. Hopefully they believe that they can achieve a measure of the same success with Saints. These guys seem to understand football and have said the right things so far, so I'm going for cautious optimism.

If you think Gao was disinterested you were very wrong, for 2 of the 3 1/2 years he owned it he was unable to come to games because of covid, if you judge an owner on his ability to attend all the games then you need to look at the other teams in the Premier league and their owners there are many who dont attend and many who have taken their club down

Rasmus Ankersen is brilliant on 16:45 - Jan 4 with 2347 viewsA1079

Rasmus Ankersen is brilliant on 16:26 - Jan 4 by SaintNick

If you think Gao was disinterested you were very wrong, for 2 of the 3 1/2 years he owned it he was unable to come to games because of covid, if you judge an owner on his ability to attend all the games then you need to look at the other teams in the Premier league and their owners there are many who dont attend and many who have taken their club down

3000 Chinese come to my place to work regularly. They never seem to have a problem coming to the UK - Covid or no Covid. Gao was not interested in how the club performed, the team, the fans or the local community - compare that to the Leicester City owners. Yes, he did not asset strip and there have been worse owners in football but neither did he show any genuine interest.

I will wait and see as to whether our new owners will be an improvement on what we have had (and as always the proof is in the pudding and time will tell), but no matter how much you try Nick, nothing will convince me that Kat Liebherr did not make poor judgement when partnering up with Gao. Lets hope that this time those in charge have got it right.

Just a minor footnote: The last Serbian to own a south coast club was a certain Milan Mandaric!!!!!! Just saying...............
[Post edited 4 Jan 2022 16:55]
Rasmus Ankersen is brilliant on 16:49 - Jan 4 with 2338 viewsPaleRider

Rasmus Ankersen is brilliant on 16:26 - Jan 4 by SaintNick

Nick - rich people especially with ownership interests have been able to travel, so that fact is on a par with your "fact" about not investing due to the Chinese government - wrong! In addition he has not communicated to fans once - even on Zoom. The best thing you can say for him as an owner is that he hasn't asset stripped.

The case for him being an interested (i.e.) the opposite of disinterested) owner is very shaky. It's time to move on and embrace the new ownership as a chance to put Gao behind us - onwards and upwards!
Rasmus Ankersen is brilliant on 16:54 - Jan 4 with 2325 viewsSaintNick

Rasmus Ankersen is brilliant on 16:49 - Jan 4 by PaleRider

Nick - rich people especially with ownership interests have been able to travel, so that fact is on a par with your "fact" about not investing due to the Chinese government - wrong! In addition he has not communicated to fans once - even on Zoom. The best thing you can say for him as an owner is that he hasn't asset stripped.

The case for him being an interested (i.e.) the opposite of disinterested) owner is very shaky. It's time to move on and embrace the new ownership as a chance to put Gao behind us - onwards and upwards!

How many times did Markus Liebherr communicate with fans ?

I agree it is time to move on, im not the one still slagging off Gao, everything i have typed today has been said by Adam Blackmore and indeed Martin Semmens to quote " An owner in his position could have taken us to a very different place"

I acknowledge Gao's part in our history and I have moved on. He has done no worse than anyone else who has pre ceded him

Rasmus Ankersen is brilliant on 17:11 - Jan 4 with 2272 viewssaints__fan__73

Rasmus Ankersen is brilliant on 16:54 - Jan 4 by SaintNick

I agree it is time to move on, im not the one still slagging off Gao, everything i have typed today has been said by Adam Blackmore and indeed Martin Semmens to quote " An owner in his position could have taken us to a very different place"

I acknowledge Gao's part in our history and I have moved on. He has done no worse than anyone else who has pre ceded him

It's funny how the training ground revamp going a few million over budget was very serious to you but the club going to around £100m in debt under Gao is conveniently forgotten.....

Rasmus Ankersen is brilliant on 17:17 - Jan 4 with 2248 viewsSadoldgit

More importantly, how long do we give the new owner before we slag him off for not spending enough money on transfers? 🤔
Rasmus Ankersen is brilliant on 22:42 - Jan 4 with 2024 viewsChesham_Saint

Rasmus Ankersen is brilliant on 17:11 - Jan 4 by saints__fan__73

It's funny how the training ground revamp going a few million over budget was very serious to you but the club going to around £100m in debt under Gao is conveniently forgotten.....

To be fair, no previous owner had to deal with Covid. It would be interesting to see how other clubs outside the top 6 have fared in comparison to us.

Meanwhile, having done a little research I’m more optimistic about these new guys. I’d also add that yes, those Brentford fans seem a solid bunch.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Rasmus Ankersen is brilliant on 23:18 - Jan 4 with 1975 viewsButty101

Rasmus Ankersen is brilliant on 16:54 - Jan 4 by SaintNick

Do you really think Martin Semmens is going to suddenly slag Gao off in an interview?? Never going to happen. What was more telling, was when he was asked what Gao's legacy and all really came up with was that Gao and Nelly are nice people....

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Rasmus Ankersen is brilliant on 23:38 - Jan 4 with 1948 viewsSadoldgit

Rasmus Ankersen is brilliant on 23:18 - Jan 4 by Butty101

Do you really think Martin Semmens is going to suddenly slag Gao off in an interview?? Never going to happen. What was more telling, was when he was asked what Gao's legacy and all really came up with was that Gao and Nelly are nice people....

The legacy is that we are still in the EPL, there has been no fire sale and (hopefully) we have now been sold to some decent owners who (hopefully) will take the club forward. It could have been a lot worse.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024