Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Newcastle got Wood 20:39 - Jan 11 with 1380 viewsButty101

No not a hardon but the Burnley forward.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Newcastle got Wood on 04:12 - Jan 12 with 1219 viewsBuenosSaint

Avoiding relegation by weakening their rivals.

Poll: The Long Future

Newcastle got Wood on 07:23 - Jan 12 with 1173 viewsCity_boy

Not exactly the most exciting signing or the one of the best players in Europe they thought their millions would attract.
Newcastle got Wood on 08:00 - Jan 12 with 1139 viewsBuenosSaint

Newcastle got Wood on 07:23 - Jan 12 by City_boy

Not exactly the most exciting signing or the one of the best players in Europe they thought their millions would attract.

Would be great if Burnley now spend that money wisely on a quality replacement. Someone who subsequently ends up scoring against Newcastle. I love karma in football.

Poll: The Long Future

Newcastle got Wood on 09:24 - Jan 12 with 1070 viewsSaintNick

Newcastle got Wood on 08:00 - Jan 12 by BuenosSaint

Would be great if Burnley now spend that money wisely on a quality replacement. Someone who subsequently ends up scoring against Newcastle. I love karma in football.

Wood goes to Newcastle aged 30 and knowing that if they stay up he probably wont play again, it is purely a money move in terms of his career, likewise Kieran Trippier who is already 31.

Newcastle are spending money on players who they hope can keep them up, £37 million on Wood & Trippier shows that money isnt an object they are going to buy their way out of trouble

But will Trippier and wood really care about grafting to get them out of trouble, this is going to be the question, in the back of their mind they know that if they keep them up then they are going to be bit part players who can't leave because no one can afford their wages

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Newcastle got Wood on 09:43 - Jan 12 with 1052 viewsdirk_doone

Newcastle got Wood on 04:12 - Jan 12 by BuenosSaint

Avoiding relegation by weakening their rivals.

It's a calculated, ruthless move to do just that. Newcastle are prepared to spend at least £50 mill in this transfer window to save more than £100 milll Premier League money next season. The summer is when their long term planning will begin.

I hope Newcastle go down although I must admit I never look forward to the dour games against Burnley.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Newcastle got Wood on 15:15 - Jan 12 with 962 viewsBerber

There will be thousands of "Toon" fans that get exactly that reaction.
Newcastle got Wood on 17:53 - Jan 12 with 921 viewsSadoldgit

Preparing for life in the Championship perhaps? 😂
Newcastle got Wood on 06:40 - Jan 13 with 792 viewskernow

Newcastle got Wood on 09:43 - Jan 12 by dirk_doone

It's a calculated, ruthless move to do just that. Newcastle are prepared to spend at least £50 mill in this transfer window to save more than £100 milll Premier League money next season. The summer is when their long term planning will begin.

I hope Newcastle go down although I must admit I never look forward to the dour games against Burnley.

What exactly are FFP rules?
Login to get fewer ads

Newcastle got Wood on 10:17 - Jan 13 with 714 viewsBerber

Newcastle got Wood on 06:40 - Jan 13 by kernow

What exactly are FFP rules?

Isn't it that wages have to be 80% of income, maximum? Hence the FPP limit on owner sponsored advertising after Man City and Newcastle both chucked a wad at their clubs. Also, they have to cumulatively break even over 5 years or something.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2022 10:19]
Newcastle got Wood on 11:00 - Jan 13 with 691 viewsIanSouthstander

Newcastle got Wood on 09:24 - Jan 12 by SaintNick

Wood goes to Newcastle aged 30 and knowing that if they stay up he probably wont play again, it is purely a money move in terms of his career, likewise Kieran Trippier who is already 31.

Newcastle are spending money on players who they hope can keep them up, £37 million on Wood & Trippier shows that money isnt an object they are going to buy their way out of trouble

But will Trippier and wood really care about grafting to get them out of trouble, this is going to be the question, in the back of their mind they know that if they keep them up then they are going to be bit part players who can't leave because no one can afford their wages

"Will Trippier and Wood really care about grafting to get them out of trouble".

Absolutely they will. I would be astonished if their wasn't an incentive clause written into their contracts. Stay up and you get a mega bonus. As you say, money is no object.

Its all about the money.
Newcastle got Wood on 11:43 - Jan 13 with 656 viewsChesham_Saint

Never mind those whinging Geordie tools, where does this leave Burnley? Have they given up on survival - it wasn’t that long ago that their new owner was hailed as some kind of savour was it?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Newcastle got Wood on 11:58 - Jan 13 with 650 viewsdirk_doone

Newcastle got Wood on 11:43 - Jan 13 by Chesham_Saint

Never mind those whinging Geordie tools, where does this leave Burnley? Have they given up on survival - it wasn’t that long ago that their new owner was hailed as some kind of savour was it?

Perhaps he was just the flavour of the month.

"If there is unease amongst Burnley fans, it comes through the funding of Pace's project.

Pace won't say exactly how much he has borrowed from Michael Dell's MSD UK Holdings but it is clearly a significant sum, which brings back uncomfortable memories of how the Glazer family funded their purchase of Manchester United, plunging the club into a huge amount of debt.

"I believe there is a way to be financially responsible that is sustainable," he said.

"The loans for this transaction are absolutely reasonable and in line with what can be supported by this club."

He tried to buy Sheffield United but they turned him down.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2022 12:01]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Newcastle got Wood on 12:03 - Jan 13 with 637 viewsChesham_Saint

Newcastle got Wood on 11:58 - Jan 13 by dirk_doone

Perhaps he was just the flavour of the month.

"If there is unease amongst Burnley fans, it comes through the funding of Pace's project.

Pace won't say exactly how much he has borrowed from Michael Dell's MSD UK Holdings but it is clearly a significant sum, which brings back uncomfortable memories of how the Glazer family funded their purchase of Manchester United, plunging the club into a huge amount of debt.

"I believe there is a way to be financially responsible that is sustainable," he said.

"The loans for this transaction are absolutely reasonable and in line with what can be supported by this club."

He tried to buy Sheffield United but they turned him down.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2022 12:01]

Doesn’t sound good. Just the sort of owner we would want by the sound of it…

If they go down I imagine Dyche would stay, but it would be interesting to see what he could do with a bigger club, like say Everton?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024