Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Benitez sacked 15:05 - Jan 16 with 2202 viewsSaintsforeverj

What a surprise. Another one bites the dust at Everton. Stupid appointment in the first place, when the fans were against him from the start. Some owners are so stupid aren't they. And Everton? Well they ought to stop looking for immediate success, stop buying jumped up players on high wages, and build a team over time with a manager that is given time. Not that I care about Everton at all, but it does show me that I'm glad our new owners aren't like theirs.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Benitez sacked on 17:27 - Jan 16 with 960 views1885_SFC

Benitez sacked on 17:21 - Jan 16 by kernow

Given his red credentials, supporters' opposition was a given I would suggest.
Who ever asks the supporters though ?
Poor appointment, no doubt, and lazy.

Similar to Hairy Redcrack when he came here.

Old School is Cool

Benitez sacked on 17:39 - Jan 16 with 933 viewssaint68

Benitez sacked on 17:21 - Jan 16 by kernow

Given his red credentials, supporters' opposition was a given I would suggest.
Who ever asks the supporters though ?
Poor appointment, no doubt, and lazy.

The reappointment of Hoddle is one of those situations that was probably right in reality but supporters made their feelings known and the board took that on board and chose the filthy tax dodging ponce Redknapp instead..a stain on our history that was .but the subsequent relegations and administrations gave us Markus..so not all bad.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Benitez sacked on 17:47 - Jan 16 with 922 viewssolent_toffee

Benitez sacked on 16:30 - Jan 16 by saintwizzler

Ok. I respect your answer.

I hope I am proven wrong about Hassenhüttl and we progress under him.

If Everton came knocking do you think he’d say no?

If Everton went knocking for Ralph, I would call it a day.

Saying I said that before they appointed Allerdyce and Benitez.
Benitez sacked on 17:50 - Jan 16 with 917 viewsBerber

Benitez sacked on 15:49 - Jan 16 by TripleNiemi

Didn't do too bad getting them to the PL in the first though did he...........

Recently I heard “One Nigel Adkins’” ringing around St Mary’s
Benitez sacked on 17:52 - Jan 16 with 918 viewskernow

Benitez sacked on 17:39 - Jan 16 by saint68

The reappointment of Hoddle is one of those situations that was probably right in reality but supporters made their feelings known and the board took that on board and chose the filthy tax dodging ponce Redknapp instead..a stain on our history that was .but the subsequent relegations and administrations gave us Markus..so not all bad.

Agree about the Hoddle scenario but not sure of the chronology regarding the Redknapp appointment. That was some time later if memory serves.
Another lazy appointment though, as was Mark Hughes.
Benitez sacked on 17:53 - Jan 16 with 917 viewssolent_toffee

Benitez sacked on 17:02 - Jan 16 by 1885_SFC

I'd imagine Toffee will be over the moon. Mind you, I think only Watford have had more managers in the past few years. Didn't Benitez once call Everton a "small club"? I'm sure he did... and fans don't forget these things.

It was a terrible appointment, the fact he was a red is not even in the top 100 reasons for him getting the bullet.

He’s a nasty divisive dinosaur who blames all and sundry for his mistakes and takes no accountability. Ridiculously protected by friends in the media (similar to Redknapp) his appalling run could have got him the sack weeks ago and yet Everton fans were getting called out for having a pop at him in some quarters.

He’s set them up to fail in most games, awful tactics, ignoring youngsters over the appalling Rondon. Good riddance.
Benitez sacked on 18:02 - Jan 16 with 901 viewssaint68

Benitez sacked on 17:53 - Jan 16 by solent_toffee

It was a terrible appointment, the fact he was a red is not even in the top 100 reasons for him getting the bullet.

He’s a nasty divisive dinosaur who blames all and sundry for his mistakes and takes no accountability. Ridiculously protected by friends in the media (similar to Redknapp) his appalling run could have got him the sack weeks ago and yet Everton fans were getting called out for having a pop at him in some quarters.

He’s set them up to fail in most games, awful tactics, ignoring youngsters over the appalling Rondon. Good riddance.

I'd imagine the collective relief that he's been binned off is glorious across the blue side of Merseyside...and probably most upsetting for the knobs on the other side of Stanley park...please take Ralph for £20 million..RK pt2

Benitez sacked on 07:08 - Jan 17 with 748 viewssolent_toffee

Benitez sacked on 18:02 - Jan 16 by saint68

I'd imagine the collective relief that he's been binned off is glorious across the blue side of Merseyside...and probably most upsetting for the knobs on the other side of Stanley park...please take Ralph for £20 million..RK pt2

It is strange that there can’t be a bad word said about Benitez despite all the stats pointing to the fact that he has done a terrible job. This is where the media apparently know more more than those who spend their hard earned money to go up and down the country to watch it.

Some of the pundits really are stealing a living barely understanding a small percentage of the specific topic that they are being paid handsomely to give their expertise on.
Login to get fewer ads

Benitez sacked on 07:38 - Jan 17 with 728 viewsJaySaint

He is done as a 'top' manager.

Of course "Rafa" will have loads of cheer leaders because....well, we all know why

He is rather doing at alienating top players. Look at Mitrovic when he was at Newcastle

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Benitez sacked on 08:40 - Jan 17 with 688 viewssolent_toffee

Benitez sacked on 07:38 - Jan 17 by JaySaint

He is done as a 'top' manager.

Of course "Rafa" will have loads of cheer leaders because....well, we all know why

He is rather doing at alienating top players. Look at Mitrovic when he was at Newcastle

If you have ten minutes of your life to waste, pop over to Guillem Bagulle on twitter and look at his campaign to be Benitez PR man for the past five months.

It’s everyone’s fault, but never Benitez seems to be the party line.

As you say, he’s finished.
Benitez sacked on 09:12 - Jan 17 with 662 viewsSadoldgit

Benitez sacked on 08:40 - Jan 17 by solent_toffee

If you have ten minutes of your life to waste, pop over to Guillem Bagulle on twitter and look at his campaign to be Benitez PR man for the past five months.

It’s everyone’s fault, but never Benitez seems to be the party line.

As you say, he’s finished.

Seems like he could have a new career cut out as leader of the Tory Party! 😉
It’s a shame he has gone, I was looking forward to Everton being in a relegation scrap for a change (sorry Toffee).
Benitez sacked on 09:19 - Jan 17 with 650 viewsSonicBoom

It does all back up the point that Nick makes regularly - that just having a pile of cash is not necessarily a guarantee of success.
Moshiri has spent half a billion since 2016 and gone through several high profile managers and right now they are worse off than when they started.
You still have to make smart decisions and spend wisely.
Benitez sacked on 09:24 - Jan 17 with 644 viewsRon11

Benitez sacked on 15:49 - Jan 16 by TripleNiemi

Didn't do too bad getting them to the PL in the first though did he...........

Yeah, that was his one trick....
Benitez sacked on 09:32 - Jan 17 with 640 viewssolent_toffee

Benitez sacked on 09:19 - Jan 17 by SonicBoom

It does all back up the point that Nick makes regularly - that just having a pile of cash is not necessarily a guarantee of success.
Moshiri has spent half a billion since 2016 and gone through several high profile managers and right now they are worse off than when they started.
You still have to make smart decisions and spend wisely.

I’ve said it before on here but of the few billionaires involved in football, it’s so Everton that we have the one that resembles Frank Spencer.

On one hand to be fair to Moshiri, he has backed every manager in the transfer market and he has developed a fantastic new stadium.

However, he needs to leave the football side of it to someone else, who actually knows the game and the fans. What Everton would give for his money and the relationship that Kenwright, as chairman, and Moyes had years back.
Benitez sacked on 09:35 - Jan 17 with 636 viewssolent_toffee

Benitez sacked on 09:12 - Jan 17 by Sadoldgit

Seems like he could have a new career cut out as leader of the Tory Party! 😉
It’s a shame he has gone, I was looking forward to Everton being in a relegation scrap for a change (sorry Toffee).

I think Everton are in a relegation scrap and would be even more so had Clown Cecks not been sacked. The next appointment, even if interim, has to spot on, as this squad is quite fragile and shell shocked after the last couple of seasons.

On paper, the starting eleven is more then decent, but there’s been so much nonsense going on, it will require the better players to really step up now.
Benitez sacked on 09:37 - Jan 17 with 635 viewsRon11

Ralph is doing OK, the bizarre tactics still show up occasionally - if Kyle Walker Peters is fit and available for example, he should be starting.
There are three things Ralph needs - an experienced strong central defender (like Fonte) a goalkeeper with some consistency (Forster pulls off some great stuff one minute then plays like he did against Wolves- the penalty was pathetic, on the deck before the shot was actually hit, and the Coady goal was just embarrassing) and finally - keep Broja.
Benitez sacked on 15:55 - Jan 17 with 553 viewsSaintsforeverj

Apparently, Everton want Martinez as manager. If I remember rightly, the Everton fans weren't impressed with him either. Didn't he get sacked too? Crazy carry on at that club.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Benitez sacked on 16:28 - Jan 17 with 531 viewsSadoldgit

Benitez sacked on 09:35 - Jan 17 by solent_toffee

I think Everton are in a relegation scrap and would be even more so had Clown Cecks not been sacked. The next appointment, even if interim, has to spot on, as this squad is quite fragile and shell shocked after the last couple of seasons.

On paper, the starting eleven is more then decent, but there’s been so much nonsense going on, it will require the better players to really step up now.

I don’t think that I have ever seen either Everton or Arsenal in a proper relegation battle so it would be good from a novelty value point of view. I keep expecting Everton to pull away but they have had a shocking run.
Benitez sacked on 17:11 - Jan 17 with 507 viewsJaySaint

Benitez sacked on 16:28 - Jan 17 by Sadoldgit

I don’t think that I have ever seen either Everton or Arsenal in a proper relegation battle so it would be good from a novelty value point of view. I keep expecting Everton to pull away but they have had a shocking run.

I recall everton being 45 mins from relegation (if I remember rightly) in the 90s.
2-0 and won 3-2 (graeme sharp?) scored a couple

that is it though.

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Benitez sacked on 17:23 - Jan 17 with 488 viewssolent_toffee

Benitez sacked on 17:11 - Jan 17 by JaySaint

I recall everton being 45 mins from relegation (if I remember rightly) in the 90s.
2-0 and won 3-2 (graeme sharp?) scored a couple

that is it though.

Two nil down to Wimbledon needing to win on the last game of the season to stay up. Won 3-2 with minutes to spare. The winner from Graham Stuart was a bit soft from Hans Segers. Wimbledon had their coach (vehicle) torched the morning of the game. It was the craziest game I’ve ever been to.

Four years later they needed to better Bolton’s result, Everton drew with Coventry 1 each at home. Chelsea scored two late goals to beat Bolton.

Two years later and I remember being appalled at the way Everton didn’t show up for the last game of the season as Pahars scored twice to keep Saints up. It felt lousy after the way Chelsea had bailed them out a few years before.
Benitez sacked on 20:20 - Jan 17 with 399 viewssaint68

Benitez sacked on 07:08 - Jan 17 by solent_toffee

It is strange that there can’t be a bad word said about Benitez despite all the stats pointing to the fact that he has done a terrible job. This is where the media apparently know more more than those who spend their hard earned money to go up and down the country to watch it.

Some of the pundits really are stealing a living barely understanding a small percentage of the specific topic that they are being paid handsomely to give their expertise on.

Sadly our football related shows nowadays have become embarrassing and unwatchable. The pundits are either hyrer-biased or just shìt banter wànkfests..as for Rafa the Gafa..the table doesn't lie..he's been shyte and been binned off..those that think he's done well probably get a semi from watching a Klopp pre match interview.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024