Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Man City game 23:17 - Jan 17 with 2286 viewsSaintsforeverj

Bit of a free hit on Saturday. Looking forward to it though. Game very nearly sold out and will be a sell out in the next few days. Should be a good atmosphere, under the lights for a later kick off. We nearly beat them up at their place, after not being given a clear penalty. They are clear at the top, so may be due a defeat, after a run of victories? We should have a few more players back too. Let's hope we can get a surprise result.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2022 23:18]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Man City game on 06:01 - Jan 18 with 2184 viewssaintwizzler

Pick a 4-4-2 with the best available players in their correct positions.
Cut out the individual errors.
And who knows?

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Man City game on 08:52 - Jan 18 with 2121 viewsSalisburySaint

Man City game on 06:01 - Jan 18 by saintwizzler

And who knows?

in the away game we were flexible and switched throughout the game from 4-4-2 to 3-5-2 and got a 0-0 draw, so would suggest doing the same might work well again
Man City game on 09:59 - Jan 18 with 2084 viewssaintwizzler

Man City game on 08:52 - Jan 18 by SalisburySaint

in the away game we were flexible and switched throughout the game from 4-4-2 to 3-5-2 and got a 0-0 draw, so would suggest doing the same might work well again

If KWP or Livramento are available it would be an option.
Tella or Valery would be disastrous.
And ffs don’t stick JWP there.

Man City game on 10:54 - Jan 18 with 2053 viewsBison

Man City game on 09:59 - Jan 18 by saintwizzler

If KWP or Livramento are available it would be an option.
Tella or Valery would be disastrous.
And ffs don’t stick JWP there.

I've got tickets for the game and going with mates and kids so used all my friends and family up and filled in the covid form. However some of the tickets are not for the name of the friend or family member so what happens there ? For instance one guy is going under my dads membership so does that mean I have to fake it and get a copy of my dads COVID status or is there a more practical way of getting the correct COVID status or am i just breaking all the rules ? We all been vaxxed apart from the kids.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Man City game on 10:57 - Jan 18 with 2045 viewsSaintNick

Man City game on 10:54 - Jan 18 by Bison

I've got tickets for the game and going with mates and kids so used all my friends and family up and filled in the covid form. However some of the tickets are not for the name of the friend or family member so what happens there ? For instance one guy is going under my dads membership so does that mean I have to fake it and get a copy of my dads COVID status or is there a more practical way of getting the correct COVID status or am i just breaking all the rules ? We all been vaxxed apart from the kids.

At the turnstile, they dont check names on the covid pass against who bought the ticket, they just check that the person going in has the required covid pass

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Man City game on 11:24 - Jan 18 with 2027 viewsBison

Man City game on 10:57 - Jan 18 by SaintNick

At the turnstile, they dont check names on the covid pass against who bought the ticket, they just check that the person going in has the required covid pass

Cheers Nick.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Man City game on 14:09 - Jan 18 with 1986 viewssaint901

I would very much go with 3-5-2 for the City game.

City make and score a lot of goals from the midlfield players pushing on. De Bruyne, Sterling, Jesus etc. By packing out that midfield and closing the space it denies them some freedom.

Let's face it though, they have some talented players and if somebody offered us a draw today, we'd take it.
Man City game on 10:16 - Jan 19 with 1858 viewsSaintNick

Man City game on 14:09 - Jan 18 by saint901

I would very much go with 3-5-2 for the City game.

City make and score a lot of goals from the midlfield players pushing on. De Bruyne, Sterling, Jesus etc. By packing out that midfield and closing the space it denies them some freedom.

Let's face it though, they have some talented players and if somebody offered us a draw today, we'd take it.

If they offered us a 0-1 defeat today id take it

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Login to get fewer ads

Man City game on 13:09 - Jan 19 with 1782 viewsSonicBoom

I'd take 3 to be perfectly honest.
Man City game on 16:21 - Jan 19 with 1689 viewsIWOZTHERE

Man City game on 06:01 - Jan 18 by saintwizzler

And who knows?

Bit off piste, but I think Perraud is solid enough to play in most positions. He's not been a main topic with the Tino/KWP situation, but I think he should be one of the first on the team-sheet? He's capable and has been under-used.
Man City game on 16:28 - Jan 19 with 1678 viewssaint901

Are the same Covid rules we saw for Brentford going to be in place for the City game?
Man City game on 19:10 - Jan 19 with 1647 viewssaintwizzler

Man City game on 16:21 - Jan 19 by IWOZTHERE

Bit off piste, but I think Perraud is solid enough to play in most positions. He's not been a main topic with the Tino/KWP situation, but I think he should be one of the first on the team-sheet? He's capable and has been under-used.

Round pegs in round holes everytime.

Man City game on 19:45 - Jan 19 with 1620 viewsSaintsforeverj

Man City game on 13:09 - Jan 19 by SonicBoom

I'd take 3 to be perfectly honest.

Yep, wouldn't ever take a defeat. We might as well lose 5 nil as to.lose 1 nil. But we might nick.a win or draw, like we did at their place.

Man City game on 20:20 - Jan 19 with 1597 viewsA1079

There should never ever be a free hit. Heaven knows where this saying has come from but I seem to see it alot on this forum in the last few seasons. We never used to believe in "free hits". It's as good as saying we are defeated before we even play so we may as well not bother turning up if that is our attitude.

Why can we not beat Man City? No team is invincible. Why can't we be the team that upsets the odds? Yes, on paper and on results I get it that the likelihood of a Man City win is greater than a Saints win but we are Southampton - we used to believe in beating these teams even if we were not as good on paper.
Man City game on 20:26 - Jan 19 with 1583 viewsSaintsforeverj

Man City game on 20:20 - Jan 19 by A1079

There should never ever be a free hit. Heaven knows where this saying has come from but I seem to see it alot on this forum in the last few seasons. We never used to believe in "free hits". It's as good as saying we are defeated before we even play so we may as well not bother turning up if that is our attitude.

Why can we not beat Man City? No team is invincible. Why can't we be the team that upsets the odds? Yes, on paper and on results I get it that the likelihood of a Man City win is greater than a Saints win but we are Southampton - we used to believe in beating these teams even if we were not as good on paper.

Take your point. Free hit as in, if we lose, it will be expected. if we get a result, which we could, it would be a huge celebration.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2022 20:27]

Man City game on 21:39 - Jan 19 with 1551 viewskernow

Man City game on 20:26 - Jan 19 by Saintsforeverj

Take your point. Free hit as in, if we lose, it will be expected. if we get a result, which we could, it would be a huge celebration.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2022 20:27]

You can just hear it. Below par, injury ravaged , Manchester City unlucky to lose against cup tie(ish) inspired Southampton.
I remember when we beat them frequently and routinely.
Man City game on 12:39 - Jan 21 with 1354 viewsTimSaint

Now officially a Sell Out.

Ticket Exchange is open for any ST Holders who can't make it

Looking forward to it, but not expecting much. Despite them being hit by Covid recently, their squad has been big enough and good enough to still ensure they have won something stupid like their last 11 league games in a row. Hopefully we can be the ones to break their run, after all, we are usually the go-to team if someone needs to break a record, or score a first goal or get a first win etc !!

TimSaint

Man City game on 12:49 - Jan 21 with 1348 views1885_SFC

For me - it's all about giving them a good game. As long as we walk off the pitch at full time with each player having given it their best & the manager making the right calls in terms of team selection, tactics, the use of subs, etc - then that'll do.

I don't expect a win - but I do expect a bloody good go at them.

Old School is Cool

Man City game on 13:39 - Jan 21 with 1321 viewsSadoldgit

Man City game on 12:49 - Jan 21 by 1885_SFC

For me - it's all about giving them a good game. As long as we walk off the pitch at full time with each player having given it their best & the manager making the right calls in terms of team selection, tactics, the use of subs, etc - then that'll do.

I don't expect a win - but I do expect a bloody good go at them.

My thoughts too. We have given them some good games recently so hopefully we shall do so again tomorrow. Win, lose or draw, give it their all and I will be a happy bunny. Oh, and here’s hoping the result isn’t influenced by a crap VAR decision.
Man City game on 18:43 - Jan 21 with 1261 viewsInsideOut

here's a good one for i_would :)
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/60087960

Poll: WTF is a little pompey ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024