Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derby CountyOn The Verge Of Extinction 10:40 - Jan 18 with 2130 viewsSaintNick

Not really ever had much love for derby but I dont want to see them go out of business and so i signed this petition, many clubs fans chipped in for us when we were in administration we should all help those in trouble.

Its simple just sign the petition and confirm by e mail.

https://www.change.org/p/sports-minister-for-england-sports-minister-to-look-int

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Derby CountyOn The Verge Of Extinction on 10:47 - Jan 18 with 1717 viewsPatfromPoole

I’d quite like them to go out of business.

Their fans are coonts.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Derby CountyOn The Verge Of Extinction on 10:55 - Jan 18 with 1698 viewsSaintNick

Derby CountyOn The Verge Of Extinction on 10:47 - Jan 18 by PatfromPoole

I’d quite like them to go out of business.

Their fans are coonts.

all clubs have fans who are coonts, but I dont want to see any club go to the wall, every club has a majority of good fans who would be devastated if their club went out of business

Derby CountyOn The Verge Of Extinction on 10:58 - Jan 18 with 1692 viewsButty101

Do they owe transfer fees to wycombe and boro?

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Derby CountyOn The Verge Of Extinction on 11:23 - Jan 18 with 1649 viewssaints__fan__73

The company that owns them may go out of business but the football club won't cease to exist. They are too big a club for the FA to allow that to happen.

They will go into administration and be bought by another company.

People who put change into buckets as some did with us are utterly mad. You are doing nothing to help your club, you are just giving money to an owner and a company who is about to go bust. Lunacy.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Derby CountyOn The Verge Of Extinction on 11:29 - Jan 18 with 1640 viewsSaintNick

Derby CountyOn The Verge Of Extinction on 11:23 - Jan 18 by saints__fan__73

The company that owns them may go out of business but the football club won't cease to exist. They are too big a club for the FA to allow that to happen.

They will go into administration and be bought by another company.

People who put change into buckets as some did with us are utterly mad. You are doing nothing to help your club, you are just giving money to an owner and a company who is about to go bust. Lunacy.

When we arranged a bucket collection at Saints, the money went directly to help pay the office staff, if you think that a big club wont go bust then you need to read up a bit, Saints were within about 4 days of being liquidated, the time had run out and legally the administrator had to put us in liquidation as he could not pay the bills, we were given a stay of execution by Leon Crouch effectively putting £100k into a bucket

Derby CountyOn The Verge Of Extinction on 11:53 - Jan 18 with 1592 viewssaints__fan__73

Derby CountyOn The Verge Of Extinction on 11:29 - Jan 18 by SaintNick

When we arranged a bucket collection at Saints, the money went directly to help pay the office staff, if you think that a big club wont go bust then you need to read up a bit, Saints were within about 4 days of being liquidated, the time had run out and legally the administrator had to put us in liquidation as he could not pay the bills, we were given a stay of execution by Leon Crouch effectively putting £100k into a bucket

Unless the money went directly to the staff you have no way of knowing what happened to it.

No, Southampton Leisure Holdings was within days of being liquidating. This is not the same thing as the football club going out of existence.

If the FA doesn't want a club to disappear it won't. The assets like the ground remain and with a club as big as them with crowds of 20k-30k, even in L1 there will be a viable business to pay players the going rate.

The club will 100% not cease to exist. There will be a 'Derby County' in league football next season just owned by a new holding company. Anyone putting loose change into the existing holding company needs sectioning.

Derby CountyOn The Verge Of Extinction on 12:17 - Jan 18 with 1558 viewsdwayne_dibley

Bury?

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Derby CountyOn The Verge Of Extinction on 12:33 - Jan 18 with 1533 viewsMessysaints

break the rules and get punished no sympathy from me....
Login to get fewer ads

Derby CountyOn The Verge Of Extinction on 12:41 - Jan 18 with 1519 views1teeminants

My first ever match at The Dell Saints v Derby 1971. Also remember Saints stuffing them 5-0 at the Dell when they were one of the best teams in England. I’ve always quite liked them. I’ve signed.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Derby CountyOn The Verge Of Extinction on 13:34 - Jan 18 with 1449 viewsTripleNiemi

Derby CountyOn The Verge Of Extinction on 12:41 - Jan 18 by 1teeminants

My first ever match at The Dell Saints v Derby 1971. Also remember Saints stuffing them 5-0 at the Dell when they were one of the best teams in England. I’ve always quite liked them. I’ve signed.

Think the only time i have been to their place was the 0-2 loss back in the early 2000's around easter. Grim place

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Derby CountyOn The Verge Of Extinction on 13:34 - Jan 18 with 1449 viewsSaintNick

Derby CountyOn The Verge Of Extinction on 11:53 - Jan 18 by saints__fan__73

Unless the money went directly to the staff you have no way of knowing what happened to it.

No, Southampton Leisure Holdings was within days of being liquidating. This is not the same thing as the football club going out of existence.

If the FA doesn't want a club to disappear it won't. The assets like the ground remain and with a club as big as them with crowds of 20k-30k, even in L1 there will be a viable business to pay players the going rate.

The club will 100% not cease to exist. There will be a 'Derby County' in league football next season just owned by a new holding company. Anyone putting loose change into the existing holding company needs sectioning.

If you think that if Southampton Leisure Holdings had been liquidated Southampton FC would just carry on as normal then you would have been greatly mistaken.

SLH owned the name and the ground and the name of the club, St Mary's was an asset of SLH which in effect was the club if we went into liquidation we would have been expelled from the league.

In July with the season only a month away, the liquidators would not have been able to sell the ground quickly as they would be bound to get the best price for it, they would be legally obliged to take the best offer whether that was from a football club or not.

Ant phoenix club would have had to start with a new name and would be at the mercy of the Football league as to what position in the pyramid we started back.

All players contracts would be null and void and they would be entitled to a free transfer, so there would be no squad.

If a club could just go into liquidation , stay in the ground and keep their squad etc then there would be nothing to stop an owner starting up a new holding company and then putting the old one into liquidation

Derby CountyOn The Verge Of Extinction on 13:40 - Jan 18 with 1442 viewsMytchettSaint

I’ve never really liked their fans. Especially after the playoff game. That said I don’t want to see football clubs wound up. There but for the grace of god go I.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Derby CountyOn The Verge Of Extinction on 13:45 - Jan 18 with 1422 viewssaints__fan__73

Derby CountyOn The Verge Of Extinction on 13:34 - Jan 18 by SaintNick

If you think that if Southampton Leisure Holdings had been liquidated Southampton FC would just carry on as normal then you would have been greatly mistaken.

SLH owned the name and the ground and the name of the club, St Mary's was an asset of SLH which in effect was the club if we went into liquidation we would have been expelled from the league.

In July with the season only a month away, the liquidators would not have been able to sell the ground quickly as they would be bound to get the best price for it, they would be legally obliged to take the best offer whether that was from a football club or not.

Ant phoenix club would have had to start with a new name and would be at the mercy of the Football league as to what position in the pyramid we started back.

All players contracts would be null and void and they would be entitled to a free transfer, so there would be no squad.

If a club could just go into liquidation , stay in the ground and keep their squad etc then there would be nothing to stop an owner starting up a new holding company and then putting the old one into liquidation

Completely incorrect. There are laws to prevent owners putting one company and starting up a new one to do the same thing....

There was zero % chance of us having to start as a Phoenix club. What actually took place was always going to happen, there was no other scenario.

The club, fairly new stadium, training ground and all other assets were up for sale for the princely sum of around £13m. Given we are a club who can get crowds of around 20k per game in the lower leagues we are always going to be a viable business for a new owner.

This is 100% exactly what will happen to Derby. They are too big a club to just disappear, it simply won't happen.

People putting money into buckets at the Chippy were doing nothing but giving themselves a warm feeling but I guess that was the whole point..

Derby CountyOn The Verge Of Extinction on 13:54 - Jan 18 with 1411 viewsMessysaints

i cant believe any of you support this... Derby gambled for a push to the EPL and failed so hard the club is threatened with liquidation.... tough shit imho..

They cheated for serveral seasons..... new owner or not.....

They deserve the punishment.... they should be relegated to the national league.
Derby CountyOn The Verge Of Extinction on 14:28 - Jan 18 with 1361 viewsSaintNick

Derby CountyOn The Verge Of Extinction on 13:45 - Jan 18 by saints__fan__73

Completely incorrect. There are laws to prevent owners putting one company and starting up a new one to do the same thing....

There was zero % chance of us having to start as a Phoenix club. What actually took place was always going to happen, there was no other scenario.

The club, fairly new stadium, training ground and all other assets were up for sale for the princely sum of around £13m. Given we are a club who can get crowds of around 20k per game in the lower leagues we are always going to be a viable business for a new owner.

This is 100% exactly what will happen to Derby. They are too big a club to just disappear, it simply won't happen.

People putting money into buckets at the Chippy were doing nothing but giving themselves a warm feeling but I guess that was the whole point..

To take your points in order

1. I said that the owners cant do that Ithought that was clear.

2. If you think that there was zero chance of us having to start as a phoenix club then you never had a conversation with the administrator in late June early July

3, Yes the club was up for sale, it was only the ground that Liebherr paid £13 million for and that was mortgaged to Aviva who had first charge on it and could have opted to take ownership and sell it themselves , he also paid out around another £17 million for the club itself. If the club was that viable why were people not queueing around the block

4. Your entire argument is based around the size of club, when you are in administration the receiver doesnt care what size the club is, he is legally bound to see the assets for the highest price.

5. Rangers were a big club

6. You are right it makes people feel better or more to the point that it made them feel like they were doing something !

The only thing that will see a big club go into liquidation is that people do nothing to try and stop it and just sit back and leave it to someone else

Derby CountyOn The Verge Of Extinction on 14:48 - Jan 18 with 1339 viewssaint901

Modern ownership structures separate physical (stadia, training facilities) and intangible assets (player contracts, brand, goodwill) into different companies so that in the event of a liquidation or receivership, something may survive to be the kernel of a phoenix club.

The football authorities have no ownership of club or assets. The FA does not operate a franchise model in which a town or city is given a place in a league, regardless of who owns it.

A club in financial difficulty - despite the best efforts of the FA to impose rules preventing that - is easy prey to those with money. Not very attractive often but if you have the money, easy enough to pick up at a bargain price.

We've all seen how money can buy you a "fit and proper person" award and how you can ignore fair play rules with a little creativity.
Derby CountyOn The Verge Of Extinction on 14:52 - Jan 18 with 1327 viewssaints__fan__73

Derby CountyOn The Verge Of Extinction on 14:28 - Jan 18 by SaintNick

To take your points in order

1. I said that the owners cant do that Ithought that was clear.

2. If you think that there was zero chance of us having to start as a phoenix club then you never had a conversation with the administrator in late June early July

3, Yes the club was up for sale, it was only the ground that Liebherr paid £13 million for and that was mortgaged to Aviva who had first charge on it and could have opted to take ownership and sell it themselves , he also paid out around another £17 million for the club itself. If the club was that viable why were people not queueing around the block

4. Your entire argument is based around the size of club, when you are in administration the receiver doesnt care what size the club is, he is legally bound to see the assets for the highest price.

5. Rangers were a big club

6. You are right it makes people feel better or more to the point that it made them feel like they were doing something !

The only thing that will see a big club go into liquidation is that people do nothing to try and stop it and just sit back and leave it to someone else

Of course administrators might say that, they are trying to drum up business....

No way Liebherr paid £30m for the club. Any evidence you have for this?

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/4481187.marcus-liebherrs-bid-to-buy-southampton

Is that the Rangers that still exist to this day, yes? You are just proving my argument, they stayed in the leagues but never went out of existence..

Derby CountyOn The Verge Of Extinction on 15:42 - Jan 18 with 1246 viewsSonicBoom

Reading seem like they are starting to circle the plug hole too. Wages to turnover 216% !!

https://www.theguardian.com/football/football-league-blog/2022/jan/18/how-readin
Derby CountyOn The Verge Of Extinction on 17:03 - Jan 18 with 1166 views1teeminants

Derby CountyOn The Verge Of Extinction on 13:34 - Jan 18 by TripleNiemi

Think the only time i have been to their place was the 0-2 loss back in the early 2000's around easter. Grim place

I used to love going to the baseball ground. Super atmosphere . That and Filbert street were my two favourite away grounds in the 70’s / 80’s.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Derby CountyOn The Verge Of Extinction on 17:12 - Jan 18 with 1148 viewssaint68

Hard to feel any symparhy for the sheep shaggers.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Derby CountyOn The Verge Of Extinction on 17:14 - Jan 18 with 1141 viewskingslandstand1

Derby CountyOn The Verge Of Extinction on 17:12 - Jan 18 by saint68

Hard to feel any symparhy for the sheep shaggers.

Err, Ram Shaggers to be correct
Derby CountyOn The Verge Of Extinction on 17:15 - Jan 18 with 1141 viewscocklebreath

Fook em. Been there twice first time after getting beat 1-0 some little coont threw a bottle of coke which hit me on my bonce, 2nd time was the play off defeat, horrible night and there fans acted like idiots, rather than celebrating they decided to goad the saints fans.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Derby CountyOn The Verge Of Extinction on 17:19 - Jan 18 with 1132 viewskingslandstand1

Derby CountyOn The Verge Of Extinction on 10:58 - Jan 18 by Butty101

Do they owe transfer fees to wycombe and boro?

Wasn't that to do with the fact that their owner wasn't exactly overly truthful when doing the accounts and all of a sudden changed the value of players as assets to be able comply with FFP which would have meant points deduction meaning the difference between relegation and staying up so one or other of those teams ended up going down?

Or something along those lines
Derby CountyOn The Verge Of Extinction on 17:55 - Jan 18 with 1090 viewskingslandstand1

Derby CountyOn The Verge Of Extinction on 17:15 - Jan 18 by cocklebreath

Fook em. Been there twice first time after getting beat 1-0 some little coont threw a bottle of coke which hit me on my bonce, 2nd time was the play off defeat, horrible night and there fans acted like idiots, rather than celebrating they decided to goad the saints fans.

Went to the FA Cup game couple of years ago when they came back at us from 2 down, and realised what a bunch of tw@ts their fans were alongside us with the 15 year olds really trying to milk it. Very hard to take as we should have had a pen as well
Derby CountyOn The Verge Of Extinction on 18:15 - Jan 18 with 1057 viewssaint901

Derby CountyOn The Verge Of Extinction on 14:52 - Jan 18 by saints__fan__73

Of course administrators might say that, they are trying to drum up business....

No way Liebherr paid £30m for the club. Any evidence you have for this?

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/4481187.marcus-liebherrs-bid-to-buy-southampton

Is that the Rangers that still exist to this day, yes? You are just proving my argument, they stayed in the leagues but never went out of existence..

This is something in my area of work.

The Rangers playing today are not the same team as was present when the parent group went into liquidation, courtesy of a huge tax bill.

The group that owned the ground, players contracts, etc went bust. The Receivers decided that the best way to realise assets for the main creditor (HMRC) was to sell everything on as a going concern.

Consequently a new company/group was formed by parties interested in owning a well known, hugely well supported and profitable, football club.

Do a simple check. The Murray Group owned the club pre receivership and does not now. A different set of shareholders are present.

If the new owners had not come forward with a bid, the club would have folded.

Rangers of course has a huge following and is attractive to investors.

When Saints were rocking, they were in a very different position. They were League 1, shrinking attendances, in need of better facilities and players. They were nowhere near the same prospects as Rangers and any comparison there is moot.

I don't know what was paid for the club. I suspect that whatever was paid (and it will public record if you know where to look) went to creditors and again I suspect HMRC were high on that list.

I do know that those interested in buying a club in our position were not exactly queuing around the block, cheque books open. It needed somebody who could see the potential and make a long term play. Mr Leibherr was that person and although he sadly did not live to see the fruits of his investment, we should be grateful he came along when he did.

If he had not, chances are that the team would have been unable to fulfil fixtures, the ground sold for housing, the players dispersed to other clubs. There is no safety net from the FA and no protection from the league.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024