Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non vaxxed players in Euro comps 11:17 - Jan 21 with 854 viewssaint901

A report in the Times today claims that the second leg match between Chelsea and Lille due to be played in France will have to exclude any Chelsea players not vaccinated.

Apparently French rules say that nobody - fans, players, media, officials can be allowed into a stadium without proof of vaccination.

There may well be exemptions but the Times suggests that these are for use in extreme situations.

Chelsea are "worried" that the rule will identify those players who are not vaxxed! On grounds of personal privacy they therefore want UEFA to negotiate them an exemption. No signs that the French are interested.

A professional athlete needs to comply with whatever rules are in place to ensure that they can honour the contract they signed and are paid handsomely for.

Or

A professional athlete is a human with unalienable rights first and foremost and should be allowed to exploit his/her talent and rules that don't allow him/her to do so are unfair.

(No anti vaxxers, conspiracy theorists, political partisans, etc please).
Non vaxxed players in Euro comps on 12:54 - Jan 21 with 796 viewsPaleRider

The precedent has been set with Djokovic. I don't think Chelsea have a leg to stand on - particularly as the French government are unlikely to be swayed by an English club.
Non vaxxed players in Euro comps on 13:23 - Jan 21 with 774 viewsSadoldgit

People have the right to be vaccinated or not. Governments and organisations have the right to exclude them if they are not vaccinated. If a by product of the process means that those who choose, for whatever reasons, not to be vaccinated, are “outed” that is unfortunate but is part of the process (unless they choose to pretend to be injured etc). I guess you could argue that the privacy of those who choose to be vaccinated will also be compromised when they run out into the pitch. I get the arguments about civil liberties and all that stuff, but we have had, and are still in an abnormal situation where daily rules and conventions have had to be parked in the interests of society as a whole.
Non vaxxed players in Euro comps on 14:43 - Jan 23 with 598 viewsNewdawn2014

Their Country their rules .
Non vaxxed players in Euro comps on 15:37 - Jan 23 with 561 viewsSaintsforeverj

Non vaxxed players in Euro comps on 14:43 - Jan 23 by Newdawn2014

Their Country their rules .

I tend to agree but had this discussion with somebody yesterday saying but what if a country said "no black people, no Jews, no gays" Their country, their rules? Is it acceptable?

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Non vaxxed players in Euro comps on 17:06 - Jan 23 with 532 viewsSadoldgit

Non vaxxed players in Euro comps on 15:37 - Jan 23 by Saintsforeverj

I tend to agree but had this discussion with somebody yesterday saying but what if a country said "no black people, no Jews, no gays" Their country, their rules? Is it acceptable?

Hmmmm…racist based decision against protecting your boundaries against a deadly virus??? Hardly a good comparison is it?
Non vaxxed players in Euro comps on 17:35 - Jan 23 with 520 viewsBison

Non vaxxed players in Euro comps on 15:37 - Jan 23 by Saintsforeverj

Sounds very similar to Saudi Arabia where Newcastle United have just flown out for a weeks sunshine. Cant they apply to the ECJ doesn't that overrule any decisions the French make ?

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Non vaxxed players in Euro comps on 17:47 - Jan 23 with 509 viewsSaintsforeverj

Non vaxxed players in Euro comps on 17:35 - Jan 23 by Bison

Sounds very similar to Saudi Arabia where Newcastle United have just flown out for a weeks sunshine. Cant they apply to the ECJ doesn't that overrule any decisions the French make ?

Very true. I hope the Newcastle players don't touch a drop of alcohol, as it's illegal there. To be honest, I don't understand why they don't just test every player for the virus and if they are negative what is the problem? Vaccinated or not, anyone can get it and pass it on, so stopping the unvaccinated from playing is arguably not logical, hence the vast differences in opinions. They let in the vaccinated, who could still pass it on, but not the unvaccinated, who can also pass it on. As long as as they test everyone, there isn't a problem. In Australia, they have these rules, but don't they have a really high infection rate?
[Post edited 23 Jan 2022 17:50]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Non vaxxed players in Euro comps on 20:18 - Jan 23 with 462 viewsdwayne_dibley

simple solution is to expose the unvaxxed to covid and ban them from the NHS

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024