Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Newcastle Allowed To Jet Off To Dubai 12:21 - Jan 21 with 938 viewsTimSaint

WTF is the FA up to, allowing them to jet off to Dubai, straight after their game with Leeds tomorrow ?

Honestly, I think they have lost the plot. They should be saying to them that they can't go and that because there are no Prem games next week, they, as well as other clubs, should be rescheduling games that have been cancelled.

......but of course they can't do that. The Transfer Window is still open, so they need to be granted the biggest advantage possible in their bid to stay up and of course, they FA won't demand fixture rescheduling whilst players are still away at the AFCON.

TimSaint

Newcastle Allowed To Jet Off To Dubai on 12:38 - Jan 21 with 896 viewsBicester_North

Just seen this, what a joke. If they stay up, whoever goes down should be able to legally challenge it, but of course that won’t happen.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Newcastle Allowed To Jet Off To Dubai on 13:27 - Jan 21 with 848 viewsA1079

Completely agree TimSaint. Since Newcastle Utd have acquired new rich owners the PL/FA or whoever seem to be bending over backwards to help them.

So they cancel games supposedly on the pretext of covid and then risk flying to another country which may or may not have it's own covid issues.

I like Newcastle as a city and the people and didn't used to have an issue with the football club but they are fast moving up my personal league of least liked clubs. I don't have a problem with them having money or being lucky enough to get an owner that may take them to a new level (though they are not the sort of owner I would want to see at Southampton) but I do hate the way that they have bent the rules recently though you could say that the PL/FA are more to blame for allowing them to do so.
Newcastle Allowed To Jet Off To Dubai on 13:35 - Jan 21 with 829 viewsSadoldgit

It is not unusual for clubs to go off on a mid season break if they don’t have any fixtures. Perhaps they should have our game rearranged, but it hasn’t been so I don’t see the problem. They aren’t going to become a better team thanks to a bit of sunshine. It is possible that any signings made in this window won’t be allowed to play in rearranged cancelled matches. If we signed two quality players, one being a decent goalkeeper, wouldn’t we want them playing against Newcastle? If we end up in a relegation fight, not that I think we will, it will be because of our performances, not because Newcastle had a few games called off or spent a few days in Dubai.
Newcastle Allowed To Jet Off To Dubai on 15:20 - Jan 21 with 729 views1ASIN12

Newcastle Allowed To Jet Off To Dubai on 13:35 - Jan 21 by Sadoldgit

It is not unusual for clubs to go off on a mid season break if they don’t have any fixtures. Perhaps they should have our game rearranged, but it hasn’t been so I don’t see the problem. They aren’t going to become a better team thanks to a bit of sunshine. It is possible that any signings made in this window won’t be allowed to play in rearranged cancelled matches. If we signed two quality players, one being a decent goalkeeper, wouldn’t we want them playing against Newcastle? If we end up in a relegation fight, not that I think we will, it will be because of our performances, not because Newcastle had a few games called off or spent a few days in Dubai.

Do you actually belive that Newcastle won’t be able to play their new signings against us and Everton ?

They will be able too.

Newcastle , like a few others , have used the rules to allow them to play as many games as possible with a stronger team them what they might have done if the games were played when they were scheduled.

And that’s the main bug bearer of many fans . If Newcastle had not got new owners then I doubt anyone would have mosned too much .

Under more normal times you are right lots of teams jetted of to warmer countries when there was a break of some sort . The point now is no country is free of Covid and is travelling half way round the world in the current climate wise - what happens if a few players get covid ? I’m not sure how many clubs may be jetting of but personally I think it shouldn’t have been allowed.
Newcastle Allowed To Jet Off To Dubai on 15:41 - Jan 21 with 697 viewssolent_toffee

Newcastle Allowed To Jet Off To Dubai on 15:20 - Jan 21 by 1ASIN12

Do you actually belive that Newcastle won’t be able to play their new signings against us and Everton ?

They will be able too.

Newcastle , like a few others , have used the rules to allow them to play as many games as possible with a stronger team them what they might have done if the games were played when they were scheduled.

And that’s the main bug bearer of many fans . If Newcastle had not got new owners then I doubt anyone would have mosned too much .

Under more normal times you are right lots of teams jetted of to warmer countries when there was a break of some sort . The point now is no country is free of Covid and is travelling half way round the world in the current climate wise - what happens if a few players get covid ? I’m not sure how many clubs may be jetting of but personally I think it shouldn’t have been allowed.

If a few players get COVID then they will cancel the game, well depending on if the players are any good or if they have vastly superior replacements that they’ve just signed in which case they will play the match.
Newcastle Allowed To Jet Off To Dubai on 16:17 - Jan 21 with 666 viewsA1079

Newcastle Allowed To Jet Off To Dubai on 13:35 - Jan 21 by Sadoldgit

I think you have missed the point SOG.

You are right, lots of teams travel away somewhere when they have a break in games and it can often be beneficial and in theory I do not have a problem with it, but Newcastle's recent antics with cancelling games and the Covid situation abroad and given that was one of their supposed reasons for cancelling it kind of sticks in the craw a bit. But, yes, you are right, does it really matter that much and nothing is going to change and whenever we play them and whoever they play we just have to be better than them and win.
Newcastle Allowed To Jet Off To Dubai on 16:19 - Jan 21 with 664 viewsSadoldgit

Newcastle Allowed To Jet Off To Dubai on 15:20 - Jan 21 by 1ASIN12

They will be able too.

I really don’t know, but the Prem are looking at the situation apparently.
As for Newcastle, I don’t give a stuff about them. They have had to put up with Mike Ashley for years so I can understand their fans now letting off some steam. If they end up buying success they won’t be the first club to have done so. We still have to beat them, no matter who they put out there and the stronger the team they field, so much the better if we turn them over.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024