Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Seriously a round of applause .... 09:50 - Jan 24 with 1158 viewsSonicBoom

For the performance.
I am guilty as anyone of moaning and seeing the negatives too often. But most of us thought we were going to get a routine beating and even feared another record hammering.
I have to say though that despite their obvious superiority we fought really hard and every player put in a hundred per cent. I can even forgive Forster doing what he does when there's a cross into the box (bites fist...), because to be fair to him he made some fantastic saves.

Any point you get against City is a real bonus and they earned it this weekend.
Seriously a round of applause .... on 10:04 - Jan 24 with 1130 viewsChesham_Saint

Hard to disagree with any of that!

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Seriously a round of applause .... on 10:17 - Jan 24 with 1118 viewsSaintNick

I dont think Forster was to blame for the goal as much as the defending was, the truth was we lost concentration and didn't mark the players, watch the tv replay, we have 4 players on the edge of the box in the D marking no one and then behind them are 3 players completely unmarked, Broja stopped and put his hand up for offside, but we had just left them..

I think Forster came out but knew he was exposed, it was a great cross in but I don't know what we were doing with the marking

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Seriously a round of applause .... on 10:28 - Jan 24 with 1096 viewsBuggalugs

Seriously a round of applause .... on 10:17 - Jan 24 by SaintNick

I dont think Forster was to blame for the goal as much as the defending was, the truth was we lost concentration and didn't mark the players, watch the tv replay, we have 4 players on the edge of the box in the D marking no one and then behind them are 3 players completely unmarked, Broja stopped and put his hand up for offside, but we had just left them..

I think Forster came out but knew he was exposed, it was a great cross in but I don't know what we were doing with the marking

I agree, especially as we've been exposed by these type of wide free kicks a few times previously this season. We overload the near post and middle of the penalty area, but seem oblivious to attackers making runs round the back.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Seriously a round of applause .... on 10:36 - Jan 24 with 1080 viewsDorsetIan

Was the person most to blame for the free kick Che Adams, who gave it away?

Not sure if his foul was accidental but we had been defending against players in that position all game, so not sure why he had to drag Gabriel Jesus down like he did...

...had a another look at it and it didn't seem accidental. And Romeu was right in front of Jesus, so pretty unnecessary.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Seriously a round of applause .... on 10:55 - Jan 24 with 1064 viewssaintwizzler

It was a free header.
Lack of marking cost us again.

Forster did what was required as he has done since he returned to the side.
Apart from the error v Wolves he has done well

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Seriously a round of applause .... on 10:57 - Jan 24 with 1063 viewsSaintsforeverj

Yes credit where it is due. And credit to Ralph too, for making the right substitutions, tactics spot on and for being the only manager to stop City twice this season. We really are very lucky to have Ralph, more than many realise. The players give absolutely everything on the pitch when it really matters. This kind of result is always possible under Ralph. The next great result will be Man U away. Got tickets for that one just because we are gonna win. Early start but it's sold out already.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2022 10:59]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Seriously a round of applause .... on 11:05 - Jan 24 with 1044 views1teeminants

The spirit in the club is spot on . The Spurs game when we were down to 10 men they all thought like dogs, West Ham away was magnificent every one putting in a shift and now this game. They’re all playing for Ralph there’s no doubt about that .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Seriously a round of applause .... on 11:34 - Jan 24 with 1022 viewsSonicBoom

As I said Nick I don't really want to blame anyone for anything. It was just a great battling performance. City are a bloody good side and they are going to make chances. Of course we weren't perfect but I just wanted to enjoy the moment! We even scored a great goal.
Login to get fewer ads

Seriously a round of applause .... on 11:37 - Jan 24 with 1013 viewsA1079

Completely agree with your sentiments Sonic.
There has been times when it has been frustrating but there have been games this season where I have felt a sense of togetherness and fighting spirit. We still have alot of work to do because those below us have games in hand so we cannot afford to lapse or lose focus. I do feel though that we have a group of players that may not always get it right but seem to be working for the team and the club. This is then backed up by some good support the fans.
Seriously a round of applause .... on 11:56 - Jan 24 with 994 viewsthissceptredsaint

RH is getting it right more often than he gets it wrong tactically these days, still not totally convinced but he clearly can't be accused of winging it any more. He seems far less stressed since the take over
Seriously a round of applause .... on 12:05 - Jan 24 with 979 viewsSaintsforeverj

Seriously a round of applause .... on 11:56 - Jan 24 by thissceptredsaint

RH is getting it right more often than he gets it wrong tactically these days, still not totally convinced but he clearly can't be accused of winging it any more. He seems far less stressed since the take over

You're right. He certainly does seem happier and far less stressed since the takeover. He must know things are much better at the club.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Seriously a round of applause .... on 12:35 - Jan 24 with 946 viewsTimSaint

A great performance indeed.

Of course we got away with it a few times, but then City did as well.

Perhaps that 10 man backs-to-the-wall 2nd half display against Spurs was a blessing in disguise and prepared us well for our defensive duties in this game. Funnily enough though, Salisu was our best defender, but missed the 2nd half of the Spurs game for some reason !! :-)

We are getting a good vibe from last few performances at St Marys and feel good factor is coming back, so hopefully the new owners get fully on board. A purchase this window and some activity in the summer and we will hopefully be back on track !!

Looking at a few things on City sites yesterday and Jeez, you'd think they had been relegated, not Won 12, Drawn 1 !! Moan like mad about everything from VAR and the Prem being against them, to how badly they were treated by our stewards when they ran onto the pitch !!

On a funny note, walking to the game there were some City fans near the King Alfred, commenting on the mattresses and rubbish left out on the street for collection. My mate said that it had been put out for them, to make it look like Moss Side, so they feel more at home !! :-)
[Post edited 24 Jan 2022 13:03]

TimSaint

Seriously a round of applause .... on 12:30 - Jan 25 with 730 viewsdarthvader

Seriously a round of applause .... on 12:35 - Jan 24 by TimSaint

A great performance indeed.

Of course we got away with it a few times, but then City did as well.

Perhaps that 10 man backs-to-the-wall 2nd half display against Spurs was a blessing in disguise and prepared us well for our defensive duties in this game. Funnily enough though, Salisu was our best defender, but missed the 2nd half of the Spurs game for some reason !! :-)

We are getting a good vibe from last few performances at St Marys and feel good factor is coming back, so hopefully the new owners get fully on board. A purchase this window and some activity in the summer and we will hopefully be back on track !!

Looking at a few things on City sites yesterday and Jeez, you'd think they had been relegated, not Won 12, Drawn 1 !! Moan like mad about everything from VAR and the Prem being against them, to how badly they were treated by our stewards when they ran onto the pitch !!

On a funny note, walking to the game there were some City fans near the King Alfred, commenting on the mattresses and rubbish left out on the street for collection. My mate said that it had been put out for them, to make it look like Moss Side, so they feel more at home !! :-)
[Post edited 24 Jan 2022 13:03]

Yes deffo a feel good factor , and for me it started the moment the ball left JWPs boot when he scored that free kick away at Crystal Palace .

Since then we have stepped up a gear . in all the games since then the performances have been tip top .
On the pitch and in the stands . Loving it .

keep the faith coyr

Seriously a round of applause .... on 12:42 - Jan 25 with 719 viewsPaleRider

Seriously a round of applause .... on 12:30 - Jan 25 by darthvader

Yes deffo a feel good factor , and for me it started the moment the ball left JWPs boot when he scored that free kick away at Crystal Palace .

Since then we have stepped up a gear . in all the games since then the performances have been tip top .
On the pitch and in the stands . Loving it .

Me too - enjoy it while it lasts. As it's Saints the wheels are bound to come off at some stage but I think my favourite thing is the growing bond between the players/coaches and fans. To me that's what supporting a team like Saints, rooted in the local community, is what it's all about.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024