Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
St Marys is a bit rowdy ffs 16:26 - Feb 28 with 3700 viewsButty101

If you are taking your Kids sit in the bloody family bit. half the fun of going to footy is having a load of beer with your mates before and after.

As for the woman who thinks she was assaulted... give me strength. Go and watch Southampton ladies in stead, that way you can have a block of seats to yourself.

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/19956923.southampton-football-club-warn-unruly-

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

St Marys is a bit rowdy ffs on 16:43 - Feb 28 with 3091 viewssaints__fan__73

Hope they get long bans. People want to watch a football match, not get involved with drunken / drug addled cretins leaping about.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

St Marys is a bit rowdy ffs on 16:46 - Feb 28 with 3067 viewsBicester_North

A few blocks around the away end get a bit rowdy, no more than any other club.

I have taken kids to St Mary’s many many times and never had any problem as know to go in the Chapel/family/kingsland or Itchen centres where it’s tamer than a Cliff Richard concert.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

St Marys is a bit rowdy ffs on 17:16 - Feb 28 with 2995 viewsHeisenberg

Let’s face it if you drink 10 pints of fizzy piss then stick a load of vim up your nose anyone would get a bit arsey. Dim wit new ‘fans’. Even the drugs they take are substandard.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

St Marys is a bit rowdy ffs on 17:17 - Feb 28 with 2996 viewsElijahK

HTF is someone falling on you now assault!? Sheesh, she sounds like one of those proper Karen’s that’ll complain about a seat that makes a bit of a squeaking noise when you pull it down!
I was at that Coventry game and right on the boarder line between us and the Coventry fans in the Northam end, and there weren’t many major issues whatsoever there, as that’s where all the sh*t happens. But I do remember on the other hand loads of stupid phone lights getting turned on and waved around like it’s some concert, so that game sure had more embarrassing fans for thee lights and such, rather than “feisty” ones, and even then, I’ve been up in the Itchen North for a long time now, and yeah you get a few drunk idiots, but very rarely anything actually that serious.

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

St Marys is a bit rowdy ffs on 17:34 - Feb 28 with 2953 viewsPatfromPoole

St Marys is a bit rowdy ffs on 16:43 - Feb 28 by saints__fan__73

Hope they get long bans. People want to watch a football match, not get involved with drunken / drug addled cretins leaping about.

You do come out with some very weird stuff, sir.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

St Marys is a bit rowdy ffs on 17:37 - Feb 28 with 2945 viewsfranniesTache

St Marys is a bit rowdy ffs on 17:17 - Feb 28 by ElijahK

HTF is someone falling on you now assault!? Sheesh, she sounds like one of those proper Karen’s that’ll complain about a seat that makes a bit of a squeaking noise when you pull it down!
I was at that Coventry game and right on the boarder line between us and the Coventry fans in the Northam end, and there weren’t many major issues whatsoever there, as that’s where all the sh*t happens. But I do remember on the other hand loads of stupid phone lights getting turned on and waved around like it’s some concert, so that game sure had more embarrassing fans for thee lights and such, rather than “feisty” ones, and even then, I’ve been up in the Itchen North for a long time now, and yeah you get a few drunk idiots, but very rarely anything actually that serious.

Personally i blame Mike Disney
St Marys is a bit rowdy ffs on 18:06 - Feb 28 with 2892 viewsTripleNiemi

Never thought i would hear the words 'St. Marys' and 'hostile' in the same sentence.......

[Post edited 28 Feb 2022 18:07]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

St Marys is a bit rowdy ffs on 18:08 - Feb 28 with 2873 viewsBerber

I took my grandsons to sit in the family section a few seasons ago. It was Burnley, first home game. Never again. The little tw** next to me was hammering his seat up and down for half the game. It was the season the club started putting out those sodding cardboard clacker things, and if the wretch in front of me wasn't sticking it in my face, the ones behind were whacking me around the head. I resolved to take the lads into the regular sections thereafter where it was a much more enjoyable experience for them and me despite a more "adult" environment.
Login to get fewer ads

St Marys is a bit rowdy ffs on 18:28 - Feb 28 with 2824 viewsSaintsforeverj

I think this is referring to the Coventry game. I don't think I have seen many problems in St Mary's stadium for PL games for a while apart from when we play Liverpool. This is because it's all people on the database for most games. But against Cov, tickets went on general sale and loads of Coventry fans bought tickets in the home end, as the game was like their cup final. It aggravated a lot of our fans, so things got a bit heated and when we scored our fans went crazy to get back at the Coventry fans. But there we are, it's a football ground not a theatre.

I think it was mentioned, but West Ham fans will be a lot worse than Coventry. This game is on general sale too, so.i hope they are ready!

As for the club.warning fans, well they were happy to take the money from all the Coventry fans buying hospitality tickets and in the home end, but didn't like the reaction when they all celebrated. Well, there could be further trouble Wednesday. Anyone can buy a ticket.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2022 18:36]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

St Marys is a bit rowdy ffs on 20:01 - Feb 28 with 2670 viewshedgeend61

St Marys is a bit rowdy ffs on 18:28 - Feb 28 by Saintsforeverj

I think this is referring to the Coventry game. I don't think I have seen many problems in St Mary's stadium for PL games for a while apart from when we play Liverpool. This is because it's all people on the database for most games. But against Cov, tickets went on general sale and loads of Coventry fans bought tickets in the home end, as the game was like their cup final. It aggravated a lot of our fans, so things got a bit heated and when we scored our fans went crazy to get back at the Coventry fans. But there we are, it's a football ground not a theatre.

I think it was mentioned, but West Ham fans will be a lot worse than Coventry. This game is on general sale too, so.i hope they are ready!

As for the club.warning fans, well they were happy to take the money from all the Coventry fans buying hospitality tickets and in the home end, but didn't like the reaction when they all celebrated. Well, there could be further trouble Wednesday. Anyone can buy a ticket.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2022 18:36]

I don't think anyone can buy a ticket (not 100% sure) on general sale, thought you had to be on database. Can't imagine them sending out home end tickets to Coventry addresses, guess locals brought them for them.

For the Chelsea semi a few years back you could only buy a ticket if you had ST, member and you could only buy one ticket, no extras for friends, no general sale and we didn't shift about 10,000.

Has it all changed?
St Marys is a bit rowdy ffs on 20:44 - Feb 28 with 2597 viewsSaintsforeverj

St Marys is a bit rowdy ffs on 20:01 - Feb 28 by hedgeend61

I don't think anyone can buy a ticket (not 100% sure) on general sale, thought you had to be on database. Can't imagine them sending out home end tickets to Coventry addresses, guess locals brought them for them.

For the Chelsea semi a few years back you could only buy a ticket if you had ST, member and you could only buy one ticket, no extras for friends, no general sale and we didn't shift about 10,000.

Has it all changed?

I'm pretty sure general sale means general sale. It seems daft that they would send tickets to Cov post codes but the Coventry fans forums confirmed that they were able to buy tickets. I suppose once all the loyal Saints fans have their tickets, why shouldn't a neutral be able to go (that's how the club see it I guess)? Usually, when we play lower teams, Burnley, Watford etc it's not a problem, they can't even sell their away allocation, so you get a few people buy tickets from across the country as "neutrals" or uni students etc come to see a game without being on the database. Saints just misjudged how many Coventry fans wanted tickets I think. They didn't think, more than 5000 fans wanted tickets from a championship club, so just sent them out to midlands post codes thinking they were home fans or neutral? Or even they just took the money. In the PL all the big games do require you to be on the database, but most seats are already taken from ST holders and members, so it's never an issue. For cup games, it's a free for all where anyone can get tickets after a few days.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2022 20:48]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

St Marys is a bit rowdy ffs on 21:37 - Feb 28 with 2498 viewsChesham_Saint

I can only assume she’s never been to an away game.

Drunk and disorderly is wrong but a bit of swearing is to be expected. If not enlarge the family sections and go and sit there.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

St Marys is a bit rowdy ffs on 09:09 - Mar 1 with 2305 viewsSaintNick

St Marys is a bit rowdy ffs on 20:44 - Feb 28 by Saintsforeverj

I'm pretty sure general sale means general sale. It seems daft that they would send tickets to Cov post codes but the Coventry fans forums confirmed that they were able to buy tickets. I suppose once all the loyal Saints fans have their tickets, why shouldn't a neutral be able to go (that's how the club see it I guess)? Usually, when we play lower teams, Burnley, Watford etc it's not a problem, they can't even sell their away allocation, so you get a few people buy tickets from across the country as "neutrals" or uni students etc come to see a game without being on the database. Saints just misjudged how many Coventry fans wanted tickets I think. They didn't think, more than 5000 fans wanted tickets from a championship club, so just sent them out to midlands post codes thinking they were home fans or neutral? Or even they just took the money. In the PL all the big games do require you to be on the database, but most seats are already taken from ST holders and members, so it's never an issue. For cup games, it's a free for all where anyone can get tickets after a few days.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2022 20:48]

Back in the old days, teams used to bring as many as they wanted most of the time, when we played FA Cup ties in the 1980's the away team could have something like 7,000.

Even a league game would see a team given the whole Archers road and some seats ie around 5,000 in a 24,000 capacity.

Back then we all appreciated that clubs had passionate fans and they wanted to see their club.

The Premier League and all seater stadium with reduced capacity's changed all that.

Those complaining about sterile stadiums are the first to complain when Coventry got an extra 300 tickets, personally I didn't see the argument, better a supporter of Coventry has them than left empty. We would be the first to moan if the situation was reversed.

Now the debate is all about not giving an away club a seat more than they are entitled to.

For the Coventry game i didn't see any away fans in the Kingsland stand, at least none that made themselves known, there was an issue in the corporate sections though.

Tickets in the corporate sections are not usually database, it is easy for someone to buy them under the guise of a company.

My understanding is that you have to be on the database to buy a ticket on general sale for certain games that could see big away followings buying tickets and that for others you don't have to be , to be honest that shouldn't be a problem for anyone, even this season there have been plenty of games that tickets could have been bought in order to get on the data base.

However the club have lost the plot a little this season with ticket issues, the new system for instance is awful.

Saints fans should know the area of the grounds were you can be rowdy and the areas that aren't, if someone is insisting on people being seated in the Northam end for example they can't complain, but similarly you cant stand up and fall about in the family centre

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

St Marys is a bit rowdy ffs on 09:31 - Mar 1 with 2281 viewsSouthSeaSaint

I would imagine the Coventry issue was in the hospitality section in front of the Press Box which was referenced by the Radio Solent team.
This area contains quite a few older supporters and I have heard stories of older supporters (mainly women) having to leave their seats due to the antics of quite a few inebriated Coventry fans who were in hospitality seats.
There were no stewards there either.
St Marys is a bit rowdy ffs on 09:33 - Mar 1 with 2278 viewsMytchettSaint

St Marys is a bit rowdy ffs on 09:09 - Mar 1 by SaintNick

Back in the old days, teams used to bring as many as they wanted most of the time, when we played FA Cup ties in the 1980's the away team could have something like 7,000.

Even a league game would see a team given the whole Archers road and some seats ie around 5,000 in a 24,000 capacity.

Back then we all appreciated that clubs had passionate fans and they wanted to see their club.

The Premier League and all seater stadium with reduced capacity's changed all that.

Those complaining about sterile stadiums are the first to complain when Coventry got an extra 300 tickets, personally I didn't see the argument, better a supporter of Coventry has them than left empty. We would be the first to moan if the situation was reversed.

Now the debate is all about not giving an away club a seat more than they are entitled to.

For the Coventry game i didn't see any away fans in the Kingsland stand, at least none that made themselves known, there was an issue in the corporate sections though.

Tickets in the corporate sections are not usually database, it is easy for someone to buy them under the guise of a company.

My understanding is that you have to be on the database to buy a ticket on general sale for certain games that could see big away followings buying tickets and that for others you don't have to be , to be honest that shouldn't be a problem for anyone, even this season there have been plenty of games that tickets could have been bought in order to get on the data base.

However the club have lost the plot a little this season with ticket issues, the new system for instance is awful.

Saints fans should know the area of the grounds were you can be rowdy and the areas that aren't, if someone is insisting on people being seated in the Northam end for example they can't complain, but similarly you cant stand up and fall about in the family centre

That’s the thing with your last paragraph Nick. The issue was caused by the club displacing fans from the Northam around the ground, with a large portion ending up down the chapel end. Not the best mix of fans to have.

There were a couple of Coventry fans in the Itchen South that were encouraged to leave not long the game started after making themselves known. They must have bought their tickets directly from the club.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

St Marys is a bit rowdy ffs on 10:51 - Mar 1 with 2216 viewshuelinsaint

St Marys is a bit rowdy ffs on 09:09 - Mar 1 by SaintNick

I don't remember anyone having 7,000 at the Dell in the 80s,who would that have been?
St Marys is a bit rowdy ffs on 12:33 - Mar 1 with 2146 viewsChesham_Saint

St Marys is a bit rowdy ffs on 10:51 - Mar 1 by huelinsaint

I don't remember anyone having 7,000 at the Dell in the 80s,who would that have been?

Aston Villa in 76 and Man U in 77 (mayhem central that was)…

St Marys is a bit rowdy ffs on 16:49 - Mar 1 with 2001 viewscocklebreath

St Marys is a bit rowdy ffs on 12:33 - Mar 1 by Chesham_Saint

76 and 77 are not in the 80’s👍

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

St Marys is a bit rowdy ffs on 19:21 - Mar 1 with 1892 viewsChesham_Saint

St Marys is a bit rowdy ffs on 16:49 - Mar 1 by cocklebreath

76 and 77 are not in the 80’s👍

Oops! Sorry CB - thought you said 70s!

St Marys is a bit rowdy ffs on 05:33 - Mar 2 with 1764 viewshuelinsaint

St Marys is a bit rowdy ffs on 12:33 - Mar 1 by Chesham_Saint

I remember the United game,but never anyone above 5,000 in the 80's Chelsea were probably one of the biggest in 1981
I do remember in the late 80's Saints would give teams the whole of the Archers Road end in the league
[Post edited 2 Mar 2022 6:48]
St Marys is a bit rowdy ffs on 08:15 - Mar 2 with 1694 viewsSaintNick

St Marys is a bit rowdy ffs on 05:33 - Mar 2 by huelinsaint

I remember the United game,but never anyone above 5,000 in the 80's Chelsea were probably one of the biggest in 1981
I do remember in the late 80's Saints would give teams the whole of the Archers Road end in the league
[Post edited 2 Mar 2022 6:48]

I did say something like 7,000, Chelsea in the FA Cup in 1981, would have been given the whole Archers plus seats and would have had 6,000 plus, likewise Everton in the same year, who as footage recently showed on the Big Match revisited had loads in the home sections

St Marys is a bit rowdy ffs on 08:21 - Mar 2 with 1685 viewsSaintNick

St Marys is a bit rowdy ffs on 09:33 - Mar 1 by MytchettSaint

That’s the thing with your last paragraph Nick. The issue was caused by the club displacing fans from the Northam around the ground, with a large portion ending up down the chapel end. Not the best mix of fans to have.

There were a couple of Coventry fans in the Itchen South that were encouraged to leave not long the game started after making themselves known. They must have bought their tickets directly from the club.

The club have had to displace fans from the home area for the last 40 years, back in the 1980's one half of the Archers Road end was home fans, but they had to be moved everytime there was a big away support.

There were approximately 3,000 fans displaced for the Coventry game, it would be hard to say accurately how many went were, certainly some went in the Itchen North, many went in the Kingsland Corner of the Kingsland and some would go in the Chapel.

Hard to say whether the club sold them tickets or not, we have to accept that the Police wont allow the club to move away fans to another area due to logistic reasons, the club probably are happy with this as it would mean structural changes to the ground having to build new turnstile blocks etc.

There is one simple answer, stop selling season tickets in the Northam and those in there move to the Chapel end

St Marys is a bit rowdy ffs on 08:59 - Mar 2 with 1664 viewshuelinsaint

St Marys is a bit rowdy ffs on 08:15 - Mar 2 by SaintNick

I did say something like 7,000, Chelsea in the FA Cup in 1981, would have been given the whole Archers plus seats and would have had 6,000 plus, likewise Everton in the same year, who as footage recently showed on the Big Match revisited had loads in the home sections

They would have been given only a couple of hundred seats,the Archers fitted less than 5,000 after the fences were put in because Tottenham on the last day of 77-78 had 5,000 with no fences.
I remember when we went to Portsmouth in the cup in 1984,I think they gave us about 200 seats in the North Stand
St Marys is a bit rowdy ffs on 09:02 - Mar 2 with 1659 viewshuelinsaint

St Marys is a bit rowdy ffs on 08:15 - Mar 2 by SaintNick

As we're talking about large away support at the Dell,what's the biggest away following anyone has seen there? Mine has to be United in 77
St Marys is a bit rowdy ffs on 10:07 - Mar 2 with 1591 viewsgrumpy

Chelsea in 71.
Didn't the riot squad get called out for that one?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024