Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thanks Ralph and good bye 17:15 - Apr 9 with 5410 viewsButty101

This season has largely been crap, bar the little run after Christmas. We are no better than when he took over.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Thanks Ralph and good bye on 17:37 - Apr 9 with 3220 viewsSaintal7

If this man still has a job on Monday morning then there is no justice in this world . For someone who has over seen two 9 -0 defeats and now this one of the most spineless and gutless displays i have witnessed in nearly 50 years of watching Saints is truly shocking and if any of you think this is a knee jerk reaction then you are as deluded as Ralph.
Thanks Ralph and good bye on 17:44 - Apr 9 with 3187 viewsBicester_North

It’s hard to support Saints and premier league players in general. These players couldn’t be arsed today and had no pride or determination.

The manager obviously can’t motivate them but you wonder who could when they all have such comfortable lives with no motivation once we are more or less safe from relegation.

Couldve easily been another 9 or worse but Forster played well. The manager has no good excuse for this one.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Thanks Ralph and good bye on 18:10 - Apr 9 with 3117 viewsgrumpy

I never consider us safe until its mathematically so.
Burnley are 3rd from bottom and 12 points behind but 2 games in hand.
Now I know its very unlikely that we will go down but we are in freefall and Burney are real scrappers and we are certainly not .
Today was shocking and I feel sorry for the loyal fans who had to sit and watch that and at home too.
I think we need a new manager, someone who the players respected enough to be afraid of performing like that in front of its home fans.
Thanks Ralph and good bye on 18:15 - Apr 9 with 3089 viewsI_would

0-6.
1 shot on target.
No wins in 6 games in a row.
4 losses from 5 matches.
2 x 9-0 losses under his belt.
Incorrect starting line up.
Incorrect subs at incorrect times.
Nil team organisation.
Nil motivation.
Nil help from the dugout when we're being hammered.
Yet another capitulation.
What do all you Ralphy enthusiasts think now then?
Will we stay up?

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Thanks Ralph and good bye on 18:44 - Apr 9 with 3022 viewsCenturion

Thanks Ralph and good bye on 18:10 - Apr 9 by grumpy

I never consider us safe until its mathematically so.
Burnley are 3rd from bottom and 12 points behind but 2 games in hand.
Now I know its very unlikely that we will go down but we are in freefall and Burney are real scrappers and we are certainly not .
Today was shocking and I feel sorry for the loyal fans who had to sit and watch that and at home too.
I think we need a new manager, someone who the players respected enough to be afraid of performing like that in front of its home fans.

What seemed impossible 4 games ago now looks possible.
How do Saints always make it so hard for themselves.
Of course, a win against Arsenal and all will be well.
Have to say, I hope Norwich win tomorrow.
Thanks Ralph and good bye on 19:38 - Apr 9 with 2894 viewsPoirot

No merit to the hype around Hassenhuttl thats for sure and near on every game i watch there is no uniformed approach in formation, tactics and the back four being organised. The three 'coaches' also need clearing out as they bring nothing to the show.

Not seen a team organised since Koeman left.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2022 8:38]
Thanks Ralph and good bye on 19:48 - Apr 9 with 2866 viewsChesham_Saint

Two things that struck me today:

1. Lots of Chelsea fans in with us as they had to make a special effort to get tickets and so tapped up all their Saints friends as CFC couldn’t sell them. Luckily those near me were ok and didn’t take the piss when they scored. A very minor ripple from the tragedy in Ukraine reaching SMS.

2. Chelsea fans singing “we win everything”. Really does make you wonder what the point of modern football is. Maybe best if the so-called big 6 fvcked off and left the rest to have a meaningful competition.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Thanks Ralph and good bye on 20:17 - Apr 9 with 2791 viewsElijahK

Thanks Ralph and good bye on 19:48 - Apr 9 by Chesham_Saint

Two things that struck me today:

1. Lots of Chelsea fans in with us as they had to make a special effort to get tickets and so tapped up all their Saints friends as CFC couldn’t sell them. Luckily those near me were ok and didn’t take the piss when they scored. A very minor ripple from the tragedy in Ukraine reaching SMS.

2. Chelsea fans singing “we win everything”. Really does make you wonder what the point of modern football is. Maybe best if the so-called big 6 fvcked off and left the rest to have a meaningful competition.

Well yeah that’s exactly what most fans are starting to want now! I mean if your remove that “top 6” from the tables over the last 6 years or so, the league would be A HELL of a lot closer, with even us battling for the title here and there!
As today’s result is the exact sort of scores that are beginning to occur every few months when a “top 3” (as we’ve now got that as well as the “top 6”) plays some mid/lower-table team and end up hammering them like 5/6/7-0 (with today’s result as well as Chelsea getting a 7-0 vs Norwich,
Liverpool a 6-0 vs Leeds, 5-0 against Watford and Man U,
Man City 7-0 vs Leeds, 5-0 vs Arsenal and Norwich
and even Spurs or Arsenal 5-0 vs Everton and Norwich, which all just show/sum up the gap in today’s game!) so that’s 7 teams that have had at least one, 5+ loss this season against those big teams.

As that’s why I don’t really want/expect Ralph to go for this, as we ain’t gonna get anyone any better, and as I’ve just shown above, these results are starting to happen more and more often and are what we might expect, as there’s a difference between a big team hammering a mid table one, to a record breaking score line! And yeah we are on a poor run, but that’s just levelling the ground from the amazing run we were on just over a month ago

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Login to get fewer ads

Thanks Ralph and good bye on 20:34 - Apr 9 with 2766 viewssaint68

He's had his time here..off you trot Ralph. Thanks for the unwanted records and embarrassment you've bestowed upon our wonderful club.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Thanks Ralph and good bye on 21:11 - Apr 9 with 2674 viewsA1079

There is a question that always remains in my head when teams capitulate like we did today and have done previously - what are these players thinking, what do they think they should be doing?

I know football is often lauded as being different to every other business and situation but there is one thing that is not different. When you have a job, once you have learnt your trade you know what your job is. I go to work and have done for decades now and I don't need my manager to tell me what to do all the time. Nor do most of us. If our manager is on leave etc, we still get on with our jobs. Why in theory does this not apply to our footballers or indeed any footballer.

Yes the manager is responsible for who he picks, systems and tactics but there are basic fundamentals that surely apply when you cross those white lines.

If you are an experienced defender, then that is your job, if you are a midfielder it is your job to be the engine, if you are an attacker your job is to create and attempt to score. Defeat is acceptable when you are beaten by a team that is better than you be it by skill or ability etc but capitulation - why? why would you stop doing the basics of defending? why would your midfield stop protecting the backs and supporting the attack, why would an attacker go awol? what is their mentality, because these are not kids fresh from school thrust into a Premier League game - they are experienced footballers - supposedly today was probably as near as possible to our best 11 and yet you would never have known it. What sort of manager is it that appears to have created a mentality in the team that annually goes into a period of meltdown and effectively gives up?

The thing is, is it the manager that needs to go or is it the players? People will say it is up to the manager to motivate the team and give players belief - yes, that is true, but is it not also the jobs of each player to self motivate and apply an attitude that I will do my best and do the job I am paid for even if I don't like everything my manager says or does because of self pride and a duty to the organisation and fans that pay me.

I cannot for the life of me understand what is in the mindset of the Southampton football team. How it can be so polarised in performances. Do they even feel what we feel, do they not realise what a joke they have made us again and it is us that have to face the gloating etc of other fans on a Monday morning.
Thanks Ralph and good bye on 21:23 - Apr 9 with 2663 viewssaint68

Thanks Ralph and good bye on 21:11 - Apr 9 by A1079

There is a question that always remains in my head when teams capitulate like we did today and have done previously - what are these players thinking, what do they think they should be doing?

I know football is often lauded as being different to every other business and situation but there is one thing that is not different. When you have a job, once you have learnt your trade you know what your job is. I go to work and have done for decades now and I don't need my manager to tell me what to do all the time. Nor do most of us. If our manager is on leave etc, we still get on with our jobs. Why in theory does this not apply to our footballers or indeed any footballer.

Yes the manager is responsible for who he picks, systems and tactics but there are basic fundamentals that surely apply when you cross those white lines.

If you are an experienced defender, then that is your job, if you are a midfielder it is your job to be the engine, if you are an attacker your job is to create and attempt to score. Defeat is acceptable when you are beaten by a team that is better than you be it by skill or ability etc but capitulation - why? why would you stop doing the basics of defending? why would your midfield stop protecting the backs and supporting the attack, why would an attacker go awol? what is their mentality, because these are not kids fresh from school thrust into a Premier League game - they are experienced footballers - supposedly today was probably as near as possible to our best 11 and yet you would never have known it. What sort of manager is it that appears to have created a mentality in the team that annually goes into a period of meltdown and effectively gives up?

The thing is, is it the manager that needs to go or is it the players? People will say it is up to the manager to motivate the team and give players belief - yes, that is true, but is it not also the jobs of each player to self motivate and apply an attitude that I will do my best and do the job I am paid for even if I don't like everything my manager says or does because of self pride and a duty to the organisation and fans that pay me.

I cannot for the life of me understand what is in the mindset of the Southampton football team. How it can be so polarised in performances. Do they even feel what we feel, do they not realise what a joke they have made us again and it is us that have to face the gloating etc of other fans on a Monday morning.

If you're manager is an erratic person that chops and changes willy nilly and stifles performance then I'd expect that even with the greatest of professionalism you'd eventually think ..fuk that I've had enough..round wholes square pegitus demoralises and creates animosity eventually.

He needs to shoulder responsibility and do the honourable thing..and walk away in May.

Thanks Ralph and good bye on 21:39 - Apr 9 with 2641 viewsA1079

Thanks Ralph and good bye on 21:23 - Apr 9 by saint68

If you're manager is an erratic person that chops and changes willy nilly and stifles performance then I'd expect that even with the greatest of professionalism you'd eventually think ..fuk that I've had enough..round wholes square pegitus demoralises and creates animosity eventually.

He needs to shoulder responsibility and do the honourable thing..and walk away in May.

Good and valid point Saint68. I must admit, for all the rollercoaster we have been on - good and bad I am struggling hard to continue to back our manager.

I believed for a long time we needed stability at management level and then there were all the financial issues behind the scenes, the lack of funds and investment and the lack of leadership at board level with a missing owner and backer and I thought the one bit of continuity we needed was with the manager of the team.

Right now I do not know whether this is the point where I say that is enough is enough because a few weeks ago it all seemed quite good and I was enjoying it. That West Ham cup game seemed to be the point where it all changed for the worse.
Thanks Ralph and good bye on 21:48 - Apr 9 with 2615 viewsBicester_North

Thanks Ralph and good bye on 21:23 - Apr 9 by saint68

How the fûcking hell can you let players off the hook for being paid 45k a week minimum and deciding not to turn up and play football properly? With the exception of KWP who has mostly been deployed at LB anyway they all started in their favoured positions.

Those players are walking dog turds, filth staining the grass of St Mary’s pitch and taking the p1ss out of the paying fans.

The manager is a cock but as for absolving the squirming toad players, who have liaison officers changing lightbulbs for them, of blame, bollocks to that.

Thanks Ralph and good bye on 21:58 - Apr 9 with 2573 viewsSaintsforeverj

Thanks Ralph and good bye on 21:48 - Apr 9 by Bicester_North

How the fûcking hell can you let players off the hook for being paid 45k a week minimum and deciding not to turn up and play football properly? With the exception of KWP who has mostly been deployed at LB anyway they all started in their favoured positions.

Those players are walking dog turds, filth staining the grass of St Mary’s pitch and taking the p1ss out of the paying fans.

The manager is a cock but as for absolving the squirming toad players, who have liaison officers changing lightbulbs for them, of blame, bollocks to that.

Quite right Bicester. It doesn't matter what the tactics were, if players don't fight, tackle and basically give up then they need a long hard look at themselves. Those players are on the pitch and they were a disgrace today. They earn a lot of money and shouldn't be capitulating like that, regardless of who the manager is.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Thanks Ralph and good bye on 22:13 - Apr 9 with 2518 viewssaint68

Thanks Ralph and good bye on 21:48 - Apr 9 by Bicester_North

Seems the players finally want what I've wanted for the past 2yrs...they've done that this afternoon in a very unprofessional way..but sometimes the ends justify the means

Thanks Ralph and good bye on 22:18 - Apr 9 with 2507 views1teeminants

Yep 24-0 over just three games . Do one Ralph, f@@cking embarrassed you’ve made us a laughing stock .Enoughs enough.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Thanks Ralph and good bye on 22:28 - Apr 9 with 2475 viewsBicester_North

Thanks Ralph and good bye on 22:13 - Apr 9 by saint68

Seems the players finally want what I've wanted for the past 2yrs...they've done that this afternoon in a very unprofessional way..but sometimes the ends justify the means

You wanted him out when we were top of the league?

And were 6th in the points total of 2020 calendar year?

Just to be clear he may as well go now as far as I’m concerned, but you really wanted him gone in those times?
[Post edited 9 Apr 2022 22:28]

Thanks Ralph and good bye on 22:30 - Apr 9 with 2466 viewsBicester_North

Thanks Ralph and good bye on 22:13 - Apr 9 by saint68

They did similar things twice previously, then pulled their socks up under the same manager- they are shameful capitulators.

Thanks Ralph and good bye on 08:05 - Apr 10 with 2248 viewssaint68

Thanks Ralph and good bye on 22:28 - Apr 9 by Bicester_North

You wanted him out when we were top of the league?

And were 6th in the points total of 2020 calendar year?

Just to be clear he may as well go now as far as I’m concerned, but you really wanted him gone in those times?
[Post edited 9 Apr 2022 22:28]

I wanted him gone after his first 0-9 Bicester, a not afraid to say that at all, and at least a dozen times or more since I've called for him to be sacked..many of these occasions I've been called out for wanting him gone..

He's got to be slightly mental as the erratic performances ever since his second in command fuked off have been Bipolar.

My desire for him to go has been similar to I-would's obsession with JWP..but with Hassntaclue I'm correct.

Thanks Ralph and good bye on 08:14 - Apr 10 with 2234 viewssaint68

Thanks Ralph and good bye on 22:30 - Apr 9 by Bicester_North

They did similar things twice previously, then pulled their socks up under the same manager- they are shameful capitulators.

Both the Leicester and Manchester United capitulations were sack worthy..the sending offs happened but the defending was childlike...yesterday was even more embarrassing, Chelsea had conceded 7 in their previous 2 games and you'd have thought the manager would have enthused about getting stuck in and upsetting them from the off..but as the result suggests he obviously didn't...

Thanks Ralph and good bye on 09:22 - Apr 10 with 2141 viewssaint22

Thanks Ralph and good bye on 21:11 - Apr 9 by A1079

I ma very unsure if he should stay in the job BUT who do we get another untried foreign manager or....Frank Lampard??

It seems to be that our continuous problem is defending, we have period where we look solid and don't concede many then the defenders get a bit casual and we go on a run of conceding at the drop of a hat due to silly errors, plus when we sign the two CBs we need this summer PLEASE find someone with some pace! How many goals are we giving away due to the pedestrian speed of our centre backs
Thanks Ralph and good bye on 09:31 - Apr 10 with 2123 viewsHeisenberg

This forums become full of whining bedwetters. Boo hoo. We lost. Ralph out.

Saints and about 8 or 9 other clubs are in 20 year old Ford Mondeos. Ahead are the BMWs and Audis just behind the pack of Porches and Ferraris.

Given this could anyone please outline how any other manager could take Saints beyond mid table and into the latter stages of the cups. Yes there have been some hammerings. This could be avoided by Saints getting 10 men behind the ball and defending against the top clubs. He has a go. We lose. Get over it.

There are a host of clubs who would trade places with us at the moment. Big clubs in the Championship and League one would bite your hand off to be where we are.

Grow a pair you bunch of jessies.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Thanks Ralph and good bye on 09:49 - Apr 10 with 2085 viewsRon11

Thanks Ralph and good bye on 09:31 - Apr 10 by Heisenberg

This forums become full of whining bedwetters. Boo hoo. We lost. Ralph out.

Saints and about 8 or 9 other clubs are in 20 year old Ford Mondeos. Ahead are the BMWs and Audis just behind the pack of Porches and Ferraris.

Given this could anyone please outline how any other manager could take Saints beyond mid table and into the latter stages of the cups. Yes there have been some hammerings. This could be avoided by Saints getting 10 men behind the ball and defending against the top clubs. He has a go. We lose. Get over it.

There are a host of clubs who would trade places with us at the moment. Big clubs in the Championship and League one would bite your hand off to be where we are.

Grow a pair you bunch of jessies.

Now he's quoted as saying that the 'high press game will now stop'.
Fu ck off with your 'grow a pair,' the man's an idiot.
Thanks Ralph and good bye on 10:02 - Apr 10 with 2061 viewssledger

I thought the high press doctrine had been instilled at every age level so surprised to hear we’ve ditched it,the man’s an idiot first team got rid of it themselves with there lack of desire to work and run around a bit
Thanks Ralph and good bye on 10:10 - Apr 10 with 2049 viewsAndylad63

Look as many have said numerous times before me if you want to win every week support Liverpool or Man City. How do you think those Man City fans felt about the C.L. final last year or Liverpool felt about there last season's performance? Yes they can point at other recent triumphs? We are the same in some small way, we were hammered yesterday in an embarrassing capitulation, however we have recently blooded Chelsea's nose a number of times. Chelsea's performances in the their two games has been poor and they were due a recovery, unfortunately for use it was Saints in the crosshairs. It will come as no surprise to anyone on here Player by Player Chelsea have a better team than us. Again it is not unreasonable to argue their Manager and backroom team are better than ours as well. Given this it is not a massive surprise Chelsea should beat Saints every single time. Lets enjoy the wins when they come and try not to over react over a perfectly expected, albeit unecceptible, defeat.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024