Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Era Begins At Southampton Football Club 10:20 - May 24 with 2202 viewsSaintsNews

New Era Begins At Southampton Football Club 24th May 2022 10:16
Yes the new owners have been with us for the last four months, but it is only now with the season over they can start to implement their plans for the club, it is a case now of Saints fans sitting back and giving them a chance to show what they can do. 29

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
New Era Begins At Southampton Football Club on 11:36 - May 24 with 2098 viewsPatfromPoole

Have we been stripped of our 15th Place Trophy?

DRAGAN OUT!

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

New Era Begins At Southampton Football Club on 11:54 - May 24 with 2064 viewsButty101

New Era Begins At Southampton Football Club on 11:36 - May 24 by PatfromPoole

Have we been stripped of our 15th Place Trophy?

DRAGAN OUT!

Give the new owner a chance Nick says......... Yet he still bangs on about Nasty Nick. The success we had after Nasty Nic left was funded by selling the players that where already at the club....

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

New Era Begins At Southampton Football Club on 12:35 - May 24 with 2000 viewsSaintNick

New Era Begins At Southampton Football Club on 11:54 - May 24 by Butty101

Give the new owner a chance Nick says......... Yet he still bangs on about Nasty Nick. The success we had after Nasty Nic left was funded by selling the players that where already at the club....

I didnt bang on about Cortese aside to say eveyone went into meltdown after he left, I offered no real opinion on his time here.

The message is clear, give those a chance to show what they can do before you pass judgement

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

New Era Begins At Southampton Football Club on 13:24 - May 24 with 1920 viewsSonicBoom

Well the owners must be decent because Brentford had a lower profile manager, supposedly a squad with less quality, and a smaller budget and they finished above us!
New Era Begins At Southampton Football Club on 14:52 - May 24 with 1828 viewsMytchettSaint

New Era Begins At Southampton Football Club on 13:24 - May 24 by SonicBoom

Well the owners must be decent because Brentford had a lower profile manager, supposedly a squad with less quality, and a smaller budget and they finished above us!

No, that’s not possible. No one could achieve more than Ralph has done with less, we keep being told.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

New Era Begins At Southampton Football Club on 15:01 - May 24 with 1815 viewssaints__fan__73

New Era Begins At Southampton Football Club on 14:52 - May 24 by MytchettSaint

No, that’s not possible. No one could achieve more than Ralph has done with less, we keep being told.

With such PL greats as Forster, McCarthy, Bednarek, Stephens, Lyanco, Diallo, Elywotsit, Djenepo and the goal machines that are Long and Armstrong it's baffling we are not challenging for the CL.

I'm sure a change of manager would have us firing on all cylinders and the new boss will get that lot challenging Spurs and Man Utd where a squad of that caliber should be.

#ralphout

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

New Era Begins At Southampton Football Club on 23:39 - May 24 with 1627 viewsMytchettSaint

New Era Begins At Southampton Football Club on 15:01 - May 24 by saints__fan__73

With such PL greats as Forster, McCarthy, Bednarek, Stephens, Lyanco, Diallo, Elywotsit, Djenepo and the goal machines that are Long and Armstrong it's baffling we are not challenging for the CL.

I'm sure a change of manager would have us firing on all cylinders and the new boss will get that lot challenging Spurs and Man Utd where a squad of that caliber should be.

#ralphout

You keep accepting he’s just been dealt a sh1t hand and it’s only Southampton holding this tactical genius back from the Real Madrid job….

New Era Begins At Southampton Football Club on 09:46 - May 25 with 1487 viewssaints__fan__73

New Era Begins At Southampton Football Club on 23:39 - May 24 by MytchettSaint

You keep accepting he’s just been dealt a sh1t hand and it’s only Southampton holding this tactical genius back from the Real Madrid job….

No one said he's good enough for the Madrid job but when the club is consistently last in net spending and the club constantly sells it's best players and replaces them with inferior players (Armstrong for Ings (sold the week before the season started), Diallo for PEH, Lyanco for Vesteergard, etc) fans must be mental to think we should be competing in the top half.

The owners (new and old) have only one ambition in life, not to be relegated, and there are plenty of clubs who spent far more than us in the PL but were relegated.

It's a miracle we haven't gone down given how badly Semmens and the owners run the club but if we don't make changes on this front we won't dodge the bullet forever.

Login to get fewer ads

New Era Begins At Southampton Football Club on 11:25 - May 25 with 1461 viewsMytchettSaint

New Era Begins At Southampton Football Club on 09:46 - May 25 by saints__fan__73

No one said he's good enough for the Madrid job but when the club is consistently last in net spending and the club constantly sells it's best players and replaces them with inferior players (Armstrong for Ings (sold the week before the season started), Diallo for PEH, Lyanco for Vesteergard, etc) fans must be mental to think we should be competing in the top half.

The owners (new and old) have only one ambition in life, not to be relegated, and there are plenty of clubs who spent far more than us in the PL but were relegated.

It's a miracle we haven't gone down given how badly Semmens and the owners run the club but if we don't make changes on this front we won't dodge the bullet forever.

And I didn’t say that I expected us to be a top team challenging for Europe, but that didn’t stop you being sarcastic enough to try and make out that was what I was inferring when you quoted my post previously…..

I’ll repeat if again so you might understand it. Ralph has had a sh1t hand dealt to him with what he’s had to work with. But my issue is with his selection tinkering and game management skills. I appreciate some people think he’s the new messiah. I don’t. I’d like my team to show a bit of bollox and fight when things aren’t too well. Not down tools every March.

New Era Begins At Southampton Football Club on 12:11 - May 25 with 1414 viewsButty101

I suspect the new regime will be no different to the old one.
They had the chance to make a statement in January and get Broja in or something similar. Dont forget we still had circa 15mill left over from the summer spending

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

New Era Begins At Southampton Football Club on 12:43 - May 25 with 1368 viewsfranniesTache

New Era Begins At Southampton Football Club on 12:11 - May 25 by Butty101

They had the chance to make a statement in January and get Broja in or something similar. Dont forget we still had circa 15mill left over from the summer spending

I mean they've literally said that but for some reason no one is taking any notice of what they've actually said

"Kraft said: "We will be an active and engaged owner, but we will not be starting any revolutions.

"We were attracted to Southampton because it is already a well-run club that follows a clearly defined strategy."
New Era Begins At Southampton Football Club on 19:21 - May 25 with 1171 viewsPatfromPoole

New Era Begins At Southampton Football Club on 12:43 - May 25 by franniesTache

I mean they've literally said that but for some reason no one is taking any notice of what they've actually said

"Kraft said: "We will be an active and engaged owner, but we will not be starting any revolutions.

"We were attracted to Southampton because it is already a well-run club that follows a clearly defined strategy."

That’s not the same as saying:

“We won’t be investing any money in the club over and above buying Gao’s shares.”

Depends on how one defines a revolution, I guess.

I hadn’t interpreted not having to sell players any more before we can buy as a revolution.

New Era Begins At Southampton Football Club on 19:31 - May 25 with 1148 viewsdirk_doone

It's begun in earnest with the sackings of Kelvin Davis, Dave Watson and Craig Fleming. It always struck me as very amateurish to have those three as first team coaches. It looks like the Club is going to become more professional in the way it's run.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

New Era Begins At Southampton Football Club on 05:59 - May 26 with 967 viewssaint68

New Era Begins At Southampton Football Club on 19:31 - May 25 by dirk_doone

It's begun in earnest with the sackings of Kelvin Davis, Dave Watson and Craig Fleming. It always struck me as very amateurish to have those three as first team coaches. It looks like the Club is going to become more professional in the way it's run.

Id be more than happy to see Ralph go and be replaced by Vincent Kompany, if we're looking for a new era then Kompany would be my choice currently.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

New Era Begins At Southampton Football Club on 06:31 - May 26 with 942 viewsPatfromPoole

New Era Begins At Southampton Football Club on 05:59 - May 26 by saint68

Id be more than happy to see Ralph go and be replaced by Vincent Kompany, if we're looking for a new era then Kompany would be my choice currently.

Kompany linked with Burnley, I see.

I’d rather have him playing at CB in our defence……

New Era Begins At Southampton Football Club on 06:39 - May 26 with 934 viewssaintwizzler

New Era Begins At Southampton Football Club on 05:59 - May 26 by saint68

See what Saints Fan 73 thinks.
He’s the man with all the answers.
Please let me know what his verdict is.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

New Era Begins At Southampton Football Club on 09:23 - May 26 with 828 viewssaints__fan__73

New Era Begins At Southampton Football Club on 06:39 - May 26 by saintwizzler

See what Saints Fan 73 thinks.
He’s the man with all the answers.
Please let me know what his verdict is.

My verdict is that you're a little bit special! x

New Era Begins At Southampton Football Club on 10:12 - May 26 with 753 viewsfranniesTache

New Era Begins At Southampton Football Club on 19:21 - May 25 by PatfromPoole

That’s not the same as saying:

“We won’t be investing any money in the club over and above buying Gao’s shares.”

Depends on how one defines a revolution, I guess.

I hadn’t interpreted not having to sell players any more before we can buy as a revolution.

our transfer policy will remain the same, Martin Semmens has gone on record saying it.

Although the way Southampton recruit won’t drastically change — they will still be targeting players of Tino Livramento’s ilk after the success of the teenager’s £5 million move from Chelsea last summer — the current structure of the board is being altered.

Southampton Football Club currently sits under the umbrella of St Mary’s Football Group Ltd, meaning two separate boards have two different purposes.

“We have a St Mary’s Football Group board, which I would call the ownership board,” Semmens explains. “Rasmus and Henrik will sit on that, as will Dragan.

“Toby (Steele, the managing director) will be going onto the board because they (Sport Republic) have seen the partnership between us. Katharina (Liebherr) and Rolf (Bogli) will also be on it. That group will be about strategy, other clubs, how we interact and future budgets.

“We then have a football club board, which operates the club day to day, and that won’t change.”
New Era Begins At Southampton Football Club on 10:21 - May 26 with 729 viewsSadoldgit

New Era Begins At Southampton Football Club on 12:11 - May 25 by Butty101

Perhaps they were waiting to see how things panned out before making any big decisions? Seems a sensible approach to me. They will have a much better idea about what is needed and the way forward now rather than making some knee jerk decisions early on.
New Era Begins At Southampton Football Club on 10:28 - May 26 with 718 viewsSaintNick

New Era Begins At Southampton Football Club on 10:12 - May 26 by franniesTache

our transfer policy will remain the same, Martin Semmens has gone on record saying it.

Although the way Southampton recruit won’t drastically change — they will still be targeting players of Tino Livramento’s ilk after the success of the teenager’s £5 million move from Chelsea last summer — the current structure of the board is being altered.

Southampton Football Club currently sits under the umbrella of St Mary’s Football Group Ltd, meaning two separate boards have two different purposes.

“We have a St Mary’s Football Group board, which I would call the ownership board,” Semmens explains. “Rasmus and Henrik will sit on that, as will Dragan.

“Toby (Steele, the managing director) will be going onto the board because they (Sport Republic) have seen the partnership between us. Katharina (Liebherr) and Rolf (Bogli) will also be on it. That group will be about strategy, other clubs, how we interact and future budgets.

“We then have a football club board, which operates the club day to day, and that won’t change.”

You are right Semmens did say that our transfer policy would not differ greatly, but he also said that we would now have the ability to fine tune it and do things quicker.

Our transfer policy if implemented properly has been successful, it fell down around 2017, when we started to look for the players a step up, from those brought before, we spent higher transfer fees and wages, but ultimately bought dross and Les Reed paid the price for that.

The statement “We then have a football club board, which operates the club day to day, and that won’t change.” is a little misleading, it can be taken that this is the board that decides the footballing side of things, to a degree yes, but I take it that operating the club day to day is more about bringing in revenue etc not about signing players

We now effectively have Rasmus Ankersen calling the shots, the ownership board is deciding the strategy and budgets etc.

The transfer strategy will change slightly, we have Ankersens knowledge on players Brentford were watching, when he was there, he didn't restrict signing to those 27 and under, he saw the need for experience, so I think this will be a subtle change

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024