Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Lyanco going too? 13:30 - Jun 26 with 1237 viewsSaintsforeverj

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hampshirelive.news/sport/football/transfer-news

Could these departures explain the collapse at the end of the season? They knew their time was up? I assume Saints have a plan to replace Bednerak and Lyanco and probably others.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Is Lyanco going too? on 14:25 - Jun 26 with 1158 viewsPatfromPoole

One can but hope, in his case.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Is Lyanco going too? on 14:27 - Jun 26 with 1154 viewsPatfromPoole

Intriguing rumour on there that Sport Republic are also looking to buy the French club Valenciennes.

One wonders how much of their time is spent worrying about Saints…..

Is Lyanco going too? on 14:42 - Jun 26 with 1125 viewsTripleNiemi

Is Lyanco going too? on 14:27 - Jun 26 by PatfromPoole

Intriguing rumour on there that Sport Republic are also looking to buy the French club Valenciennes.

One wonders how much of their time is spent worrying about Saints…..

Must really love their footy if they are buying up all these clubs..........
[Post edited 26 Jun 2022 14:44]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Is Lyanco going too? on 15:03 - Jun 26 with 1101 viewsSaintsforeverj

On the one hand, it's good that the new owners are taking action to sort out our terrible defence. But we are yet to see who their replacements will be and whether we will change direction a bit. Moving on young players who weren't good enough, to replace them with other young players who have never played in the PL, doesn't seem like the answer. Still time in the transfer window, but we need to see a couple of experienced players come in. Do the same things, get the same results..

Is Lyanco going too? on 15:16 - Jun 26 with 1089 viewssaintwizzler

Is Lyanco going too? on 15:03 - Jun 26 by Saintsforeverj

On the one hand, it's good that the new owners are taking action to sort out our terrible defence. But we are yet to see who their replacements will be and whether we will change direction a bit. Moving on young players who weren't good enough, to replace them with other young players who have never played in the PL, doesn't seem like the answer. Still time in the transfer window, but we need to see a couple of experienced players come in. Do the same things, get the same results..

Does Hassenhüttl not have a say in transfers then?
You refer to the owners bringing players in…

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Is Lyanco going too? on 15:27 - Jun 26 with 1066 viewsSaintsforeverj

Is Lyanco going too? on 15:16 - Jun 26 by saintwizzler

Does Hassenhüttl not have a say in transfers then?
You refer to the owners bringing players in…

I assume he has a say in who to bring in under the conditions set by the owners, i.e. the player has to be under 23 years old with a sell on value, under 15 million blah blah blah. Ralph might say he wants Pope and an established defender, but he can't if it doesn't fit the criteria set by the owners. So, I hope there is some leeway on these restrictions. As I say, if we can only buy young untried players once again, we will have more of the same next season as they will make mistakes, just like Lyanco and Bednerak did. As Nick said, we need some experience in defence.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2022 15:28]

Is Lyanco going too? on 15:44 - Jun 26 with 1026 viewssaintwizzler

Is Lyanco going too? on 15:27 - Jun 26 by Saintsforeverj

I assume he has a say in who to bring in under the conditions set by the owners, i.e. the player has to be under 23 years old with a sell on value, under 15 million blah blah blah. Ralph might say he wants Pope and an established defender, but he can't if it doesn't fit the criteria set by the owners. So, I hope there is some leeway on these restrictions. As I say, if we can only buy young untried players once again, we will have more of the same next season as they will make mistakes, just like Lyanco and Bednerak did. As Nick said, we need some experience in defence.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2022 15:28]

I agree totally with what you’ve said but unless this constant conceding of 60+ goals per season ends we are always going to be looking over our shoulders.
I would of thought the manager would be emphasising this.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Is Lyanco going too? on 15:50 - Jun 26 with 998 viewsPatfromPoole

Is Lyanco going too? on 15:44 - Jun 26 by saintwizzler

I agree totally with what you’ve said but unless this constant conceding of 60+ goals per season ends we are always going to be looking over our shoulders.

Basics; man-marking, watching runners in the area, not letting the oppo have easy possession at throw-ins etc etc…..

Login to get fewer ads

Is Lyanco going too? on 15:51 - Jun 26 with 995 viewsSaintsforeverj

Is Lyanco going too? on 15:44 - Jun 26 by saintwizzler

I expect he is, but this policy of buy young to make a profit seems to be set in stone. If Ralph was allowed to buy an established defender for 30 million, from Burnley or whatever, im sure he would but he won't be allowed. They seem to think that we can find gems cheaply, I'm not convinced. I'm hoping we do see a few signings, quality established players. If we don't, I think it's a huge risk and could go terribly wrong. But we shall see.

Is Lyanco going too? on 16:00 - Jun 26 with 981 viewsSadoldgit

CH is a crucial position and as we know, we have been weak in that area since VVD and Fonte left.Just look at Man Utd’s defensive performances with Maguire at the back. Frankly I don’t care what age they are so long as we start the season with 2 Premier quality centre halves.
Is Lyanco going too? on 16:28 - Jun 26 with 932 viewsBicester_North

This signing looked useless from the start, terrible reputation at Torino and no sign that he was going to be a steady presence at the back. Whoever made the call to sign him needs to look at themselves and the clubs decision making process.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Is Lyanco going too? on 16:30 - Jun 26 with 928 viewsSaintsforeverj

Is Lyanco going too? on 16:28 - Jun 26 by Bicester_North

This signing looked useless from the start, terrible reputation at Torino and no sign that he was going to be a steady presence at the back. Whoever made the call to sign him needs to look at themselves and the clubs decision making process.

He was cheap. That's what worries me going forward. Nowadays, PL teams need to invest properly to get anywhere.

Is Lyanco going too? on 16:33 - Jun 26 with 917 viewssledger

we havent got one centre back who doesnt consistantly make mistakes hence we concede for fun
Is Lyanco going too? on 17:13 - Jun 26 with 870 viewsDorsetIan

Is Lyanco going too? on 16:30 - Jun 26 by Saintsforeverj

He was cheap. That's what worries me going forward. Nowadays, PL teams need to invest properly to get anywhere.

Accordingl to Nick, even if you do ‚invest properly‘ you still might not get anywhere (see Everton) so it’s best not to bother.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Is Lyanco going too? on 17:29 - Jun 26 with 845 viewsRon11

Is Lyanco going too? on 16:28 - Jun 26 by Bicester_North

And I'm sure the club's owners realise that. They have after all been watching some of the wonderful defensive displays at St Mary's and probably at away grounds.
Is Lyanco going too? on 18:06 - Jun 26 with 806 viewskingslandstand1

I'm more concerned with the non headline making paragraph in the article that Sports Republic are looking at buying yet another 2 clubs giving more fuel to the fire re their actual interest in using us as fodder for their corporate growth rather than investing in us to grow just the one club
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024