Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Long gone! 14:09 - Jul 1 with 1905 viewsMytchettSaint

Just confirmed apparently.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Long gone! on 14:18 - Jul 1 with 1870 viewsElijahK

Don’t know how to feel about that, as it’s just Adams and Armstrong we’ve got up front now, so have to certainly sign a new striker, especially with how unreliable those two are.

But with regards to Long, I think he was a great player for the team and helped us get far in leagues and cups (especially that all faithful night at Anfield!…) and has given us some great memories (like his goal against Watford), but these days he’s only ever used for when we’ve got games in the bag/for the last 5 minutes, which isn’t often at all. So he’s always got my respect, but I do think it was the right time for him to move on.

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Long gone! on 14:29 - Jul 1 with 1832 viewscocklebreath

Long gone! on 14:18 - Jul 1 by ElijahK

Don’t know how to feel about that, as it’s just Adams and Armstrong we’ve got up front now, so have to certainly sign a new striker, especially with how unreliable those two are.

But with regards to Long, I think he was a great player for the team and helped us get far in leagues and cups (especially that all faithful night at Anfield!…) and has given us some great memories (like his goal against Watford), but these days he’s only ever used for when we’ve got games in the bag/for the last 5 minutes, which isn’t often at all. So he’s always got my respect, but I do think it was the right time for him to move on.

I think it’s pretty obvious we’re gonna sign another striker

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Long gone! on 14:34 - Jul 1 with 1816 viewsElijahK

Long gone! on 14:29 - Jul 1 by cocklebreath

You say that but if he’d stayed, I wouldn’t have been gobsmacked if we hadn’t signed one, as we’ve been desperate for positions before and have left them before

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Long gone! on 14:39 - Jul 1 with 1799 viewscocklebreath

Long gone! on 14:34 - Jul 1 by ElijahK

You say that but if he’d stayed, I wouldn’t have been gobsmacked if we hadn’t signed one, as we’ve been desperate for positions before and have left them before

You never know Ralph might give one of our superstar youth strikers a chance to stop them going to Newcastle, doubt it as Ralph doesn’t take risks

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Long gone! on 14:39 - Jul 1 with 1785 viewsSadoldgit

He always put in a shift and was a model professional. Good luck for the future Shane and thanks for some wonderful memories.
Long gone! on 14:49 - Jul 1 with 1772 views1teeminants

Thank you for that goal at Anfield Shane . We even had the scousers buying us champagne in the Scouse pubs. One of the greatest nights supporting the mighty Saints.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Long gone! on 14:50 - Jul 1 with 1769 viewsPatfromPoole

Much-maligned.

A superb pro.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Long gone! on 15:25 - Jul 1 with 1701 viewssaints__fan__73

Long gone! on 14:39 - Jul 1 by cocklebreath

You never know Ralph might give one of our superstar youth strikers a chance to stop them going to Newcastle, doubt it as Ralph doesn’t take risks

Don't you mean that Semmens might give our superstar youth strikers a decent contract instead of giving this money to the Academy kids of other clubs?

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Login to get fewer ads

Long gone! on 15:29 - Jul 1 with 1701 viewsfranniesTache

Bang average player, the modern day Brett Omerrod, but scored one huge goal and seemed like a nice bloke who tried hard.

Absolutely the right decision to let him go as it frees up wages for other players.
Long gone! on 15:43 - Jul 1 with 1662 viewsI_would

Long gone! on 14:29 - Jul 1 by cocklebreath

Longy wasn't a striker. Strikers are supposed to score goals, not run about hoping something might happen.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Long gone! on 16:00 - Jul 1 with 1635 viewssaints__fan__73

Long gone! on 15:43 - Jul 1 by I_would

Longy wasn't a striker. Strikers are supposed to score goals, not run about hoping something might happen.

So that counts Armstrong out so we've only one striker left on the books?

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Long gone! on 16:36 - Jul 1 with 1590 viewsSonicBoom

Long gone! on 15:29 - Jul 1 by franniesTache

Bang average player, the modern day Brett Omerrod, but scored one huge goal and seemed like a nice bloke who tried hard.

Absolutely the right decision to let him go as it frees up wages for other players.

Absolutely this.
He did a few good things and tried hard - but he also cost us points by missing sitters. He was also ridiculously well paid for it. I'd say overall he did his job. No more no less.
Nice guy but I'm glad he's gone now.
Long gone! on 16:42 - Jul 1 with 1573 viewsI_would

Long gone! on 16:00 - Jul 1 by saints__fan__73

So that counts Armstrong out so we've only one striker left on the books?

AA should be played as a no 10, he ain't no striker. Yes we need strikers. Three.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Long gone! on 18:51 - Jul 1 with 1479 viewsTripleNiemi

Long gone! on 14:18 - Jul 1 by ElijahK

Whilst i liked Longy its all about the wages saved under the current ways of working. Made sense saving those pennies. Now for Diallo and Redders please as more monies that could go towards more pressing positions.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2022 18:56]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Long gone! on 03:41 - Jul 2 with 1310 viewsBicester_North

Long gone! on 15:29 - Jul 1 by franniesTache

Say it louder king! Controversy is your middle name.

Long has been half decent as a sub the last couple of years but he’s a good footballer and a good player for Saints overall rather than a “bang average” player.

[Post edited 2 Jul 2022 3:54]

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Long gone! on 13:45 - Jul 2 with 1125 viewsfranniesTache

Long gone! on 03:41 - Jul 2 by Bicester_North

Say it louder king! Controversy is your middle name.

Long has been half decent as a sub the last couple of years but he’s a good footballer and a good player for Saints overall rather than a “bang average” player.

[Post edited 2 Jul 2022 3:54]

He scored 29 goals in 174 games as a striker or forward player. I'm not sure what your idea of good is but that's not mine.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2022 13:45]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024