Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saints Sign Championship Striker 22:38 - Jul 23 with 1606 viewsButty101

This might be the missing part we need

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/20300085.southampton-fc-complete-major-transfe

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Saints Sign Championship Striker on 13:45 - Jul 24 with 1252 viewskingslandstand1

I watched some of the girlie Euros last night for the second time in these championships, also saw some of game the night before, but sorry, I just can't get overly excited about any of it
Cr@p goalkeeping performances, cr@p refereeing decisions (blatant penalty that took an age to give), general inept performances although I will accept some decent skills but still dare I say, it's girlie football being totally over-hyped by the press and radio cos that's what you're supposed to do and say nowadays

Ok, shoot me down for being totally non PC and I may be completely wrong based on just 3/4 hr of watching it but goalkeepers not even moving when shots come in and a referee wearing nail varnish? Come on .......................
Saints Sign Championship Striker on 17:50 - Jul 24 with 1131 viewspjt50

Saints Sign Championship Striker on 13:45 - Jul 24 by kingslandstand1

I watched some of the girlie Euros last night for the second time in these championships, also saw some of game the night before, but sorry, I just can't get overly excited about any of it
Cr@p goalkeeping performances, cr@p refereeing decisions (blatant penalty that took an age to give), general inept performances although I will accept some decent skills but still dare I say, it's girlie football being totally over-hyped by the press and radio cos that's what you're supposed to do and say nowadays

Ok, shoot me down for being totally non PC and I may be completely wrong based on just 3/4 hr of watching it but goalkeepers not even moving when shots come in and a referee wearing nail varnish? Come on .......................

It's not a question of whether you're right or wrong, it's your opinion. If you don't like women's football then you don't have to watch it. There are obviously millions who do; the England quarter final had 9 million UK viewers. Just take a look at the numbers if England make the final.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Saints Sign Championship Striker on 21:23 - Jul 24 with 1017 viewskingslandstand1

Saints Sign Championship Striker on 17:50 - Jul 24 by pjt50

It's not a question of whether you're right or wrong, it's your opinion. If you don't like women's football then you don't have to watch it. There are obviously millions who do; the England quarter final had 9 million UK viewers. Just take a look at the numbers if England make the final.

And I will probably watch the final if England get there (although I haven't a clue when that is) and see how it goes, and will def cheer when they score, but maybe not as much as a JWP direcct free kick in Qatar!

I just think the whole this has been over-hyped re the quality of football, but fair play to the women's game PR people, they've done a good job in taking advantage the current woke situation (IMO!)
Saints Sign Championship Striker on 17:30 - Jul 25 with 918 viewsTinman

Saints Sign Championship Striker on 13:45 - Jul 24 by kingslandstand1

I watched the women's world cup a few years ago and thought the pace was off the men's game and it lacked some intensity - except the semi-final England v USA which picked up a few gears.
The only one I've seen in the Euros so far was our quarter final and I was really impressed at how faster and more intense it seemed - ACCORDING TO WHAT I REMEMBERED!.

What was weird was that there was no mass arguments with the ref (they get booked for it), only a little gamesmanship in a couple of incidents, no bitching and - get this - England went a goal behind, made substitutions and tactical changes which worked and we won - the complete opposite to what happens in the men's game (from what I've seen when the men actually meet a decent team).
I hold little hope for the men's world cup later this year - this is my football tournament hope right now.

In the sexist past, people would call footballers 'girls' or 'big girls' blouses' etc, but England v Spain was a lesson to the men's game.
I was much impressed - men's football in this country has got so pressured with the monetary rewards on offer that it has spoilt the sport and the fun of the game and turned it into a 'win at all costs' event where people argue everything, act injured to get free kicks or penalties and partake in dubious tactics to get unfair advantage.

It was a cleaner, fresher, more sporting event in my humble opinion.

But then, I'm not your typical footie fan.
Saints Sign Championship Striker on 17:45 - Jul 25 with 897 viewspjt50

Saints Sign Championship Striker on 17:30 - Jul 25 by Tinman

I watched the women's world cup a few years ago and thought the pace was off the men's game and it lacked some intensity - except the semi-final England v USA which picked up a few gears.
The only one I've seen in the Euros so far was our quarter final and I was really impressed at how faster and more intense it seemed - ACCORDING TO WHAT I REMEMBERED!.

What was weird was that there was no mass arguments with the ref (they get booked for it), only a little gamesmanship in a couple of incidents, no bitching and - get this - England went a goal behind, made substitutions and tactical changes which worked and we won - the complete opposite to what happens in the men's game (from what I've seen when the men actually meet a decent team).
I hold little hope for the men's world cup later this year - this is my football tournament hope right now.

In the sexist past, people would call footballers 'girls' or 'big girls' blouses' etc, but England v Spain was a lesson to the men's game.
I was much impressed - men's football in this country has got so pressured with the monetary rewards on offer that it has spoilt the sport and the fun of the game and turned it into a 'win at all costs' event where people argue everything, act injured to get free kicks or penalties and partake in dubious tactics to get unfair advantage.

It was a cleaner, fresher, more sporting event in my humble opinion.

But then, I'm not your typical footie fan.

Also it's good to see the fans — men, women & kids - enjoying themselves without having to put up with the louts who often associate with men's international teams.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Saints Sign Championship Striker on 18:24 - Jul 25 with 849 viewskingslandstand1

Saints Sign Championship Striker on 17:45 - Jul 25 by pjt50

Also it's good to see the fans — men, women & kids - enjoying themselves without having to put up with the louts who often associate with men's international teams.

You are both absolutely right re what the men's game could learn although let's see what happens when to commercial boys really get hold of it and they start earning mega bucks and possibly become spoilt brats like the men's game (possibly!), but I am referring to the quality of football on display, From what I've seen it is still not there and would probably be League 1 or 2 standard with a few exceptions at supposedly world international level

Not writing it off completely, but just not my cup of tea (yet) and I certainly won't make a point of staying in to watch it or miss/record another preferred programme for it

But sell out stadiums and high tv viewing figures appear to be proving me wrong?
Saints Sign Championship Striker on 18:39 - Jul 25 with 837 viewsTimSaint

Saints Sign Championship Striker on 18:24 - Jul 25 by kingslandstand1

You are both absolutely right re what the men's game could learn although let's see what happens when to commercial boys really get hold of it and they start earning mega bucks and possibly become spoilt brats like the men's game (possibly!), but I am referring to the quality of football on display, From what I've seen it is still not there and would probably be League 1 or 2 standard with a few exceptions at supposedly world international level

Not writing it off completely, but just not my cup of tea (yet) and I certainly won't make a point of staying in to watch it or miss/record another preferred programme for it

But sell out stadiums and high tv viewing figures appear to be proving me wrong?

Didn't the USA women's team, as world cup holders, famously lose to FC Dallas Boys U15 Academy side 4 or 5-2 ?

TimSaint

Saints Sign Championship Striker on 19:03 - Jul 25 with 808 viewspjt50

Saints Sign Championship Striker on 18:39 - Jul 25 by TimSaint

Didn't the USA women's team, as world cup holders, famously lose to FC Dallas Boys U15 Academy side 4 or 5-2 ?

Just as Bobby Riggs famously beat Margaret Court at tennis back in the 70's. (He later lost in 3 sets to Billie Jean King, but he was 55 at the time).

I don't know why people persist in trying to compare women's football to men's. There's obviously a huge gap between them & I haven't heard anyone claim there isn't.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024