Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ralph Hasenhuttl Relishing the New Substitution Rule 08:15 - Aug 5 with 1517 viewsSaintsNews

Ralph Hasenhuttl Relishing the New Substitution Rule 5th Aug 2022 08:13
There are some who say the new rule allowing 5 substitutes in the Premier League will favour the bigger clubs, but it seems that Ralph Hasenhuttl is not among them. 8

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Ralph Hasenhuttl Relishing the New Substitution Rule on 08:31 - Aug 5 with 1443 viewsPatfromPoole

This makes absolutely no sense.

He is talking about substituting the two strikers as they will be knackered at half-time and bringing two more on to play a high-press game.

1. We haven’t played a high-press game since February

2. We only have 3 strikers; Che (possibly about to leave), Adam Armstrong and Mara. So we are at least one short there.-

3. Might as well have kept Shane. Manically running around as a supersub was his best attribute

This is another example of Hassenhutl thinking he is cleverer than everybody else, and he will just repeat his horrendous error from the Man City quarter-final by leaving our best strikers (in that case Broja and Che) on the bench.

The season hasn’t started and already I have had enough of his gibberish.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Ralph Hasenhuttl Relishing the New Substitution Rule on 08:53 - Aug 5 with 1418 viewsButty101

Ralph Hasenhuttl Relishing the New Substitution Rule on 08:31 - Aug 5 by PatfromPoole

He is talking about substituting the two strikers as they will be knackered at half-time and bringing two more on to play a high-press game.

2. We only have 3 strikers; Che (possibly about to leave), Adam Armstrong and Mara. So we are at least one short there.-

3. Might as well have kept Shane. Manically running around as a supersub was his best attribute

This is another example of Hassenhutl thinking he is cleverer than everybody else, and he will just repeat his horrendous error from the Man City quarter-final by leaving our best strikers (in that case Broja and Che) on the bench.

He never made substitution's last year. I saw a stat that showed he made the least subs last season.
I reckon he will be gone this season, shame because for a while i thought it was a real coup getting him. But last the 2nd half of last season was enough for me.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Ralph Hasenhuttl Relishing the New Substitution Rule on 09:52 - Aug 5 with 1357 viewssaintwizzler

Ralph Hasenhuttl Relishing the New Substitution Rule on 08:31 - Aug 5 by PatfromPoole

I’ve said it before and I will say it again…

It’s like he wants the sack.

WE MARCH ON

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Ralph Hasenhuttl Relishing the New Substitution Rule on 10:17 - Aug 5 with 1333 viewsPatfromPoole

Ralph Hasenhuttl Relishing the New Substitution Rule on 09:52 - Aug 5 by saintwizzler

I’ve said it before and I will say it again…

It’s like he wants the sack.

WE MARCH ON

Maybe that’s why he looks so miserable in the press conferences.

We haven’t paid him off yet.

Ralph Hasenhuttl Relishing the New Substitution Rule on 11:16 - Aug 5 with 1290 viewsDorsetIan

Ralph would do well to keep his mouth shut about the tactical use of substitutes.

He is absolutely hopeless at it. Hopeless.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Ralph Hasenhuttl Relishing the New Substitution Rule on 11:39 - Aug 5 with 1253 viewssaints__fan__73

The amount of abuse that Ralph gets from the brains trust on here is hilarious. Yes, he has his faults, he needs to have more patience with young players and his use of subs needs to improve but have any of you dullards actually had a look at our squad? Brighton have a net spend of £200m more than us the past 5 seasons and he's still having to rely on players like Romeu who were signed about 5 managers ago and still has the likes of Stephens and McCarthy hanging around.

Last season the club generously sold our star striker a week before the season started and this season we have done nothing except buy kids.

Given the support from the board it's a miracle we haven't been relegated and the fact is it's incredible that we have had some good periods where we were top of the f'kin league in November one season and had the 3rd best record in the PL during the empty stadium end to the covid season. (might be a link there...)

It's very amusing that we genuinely have some fans who think we could stick Shaun Dyche in charge of our squad and we'd be flying up the table.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Ralph Hasenhuttl Relishing the New Substitution Rule on 13:42 - Aug 5 with 1233 viewsDorsetIan

Ralph Hasenhuttl Relishing the New Substitution Rule on 11:39 - Aug 5 by saints__fan__73

The amount of abuse that Ralph gets from the brains trust on here is hilarious. Yes, he has his faults, he needs to have more patience with young players and his use of subs needs to improve but have any of you dullards actually had a look at our squad? Brighton have a net spend of £200m more than us the past 5 seasons and he's still having to rely on players like Romeu who were signed about 5 managers ago and still has the likes of Stephens and McCarthy hanging around.

Last season the club generously sold our star striker a week before the season started and this season we have done nothing except buy kids.

Given the support from the board it's a miracle we haven't been relegated and the fact is it's incredible that we have had some good periods where we were top of the f'kin league in November one season and had the 3rd best record in the PL during the empty stadium end to the covid season. (might be a link there...)

It's very amusing that we genuinely have some fans who think we could stick Shaun Dyche in charge of our squad and we'd be flying up the table.

In recent seasons it's hard to conclude that he's getting the best out of the squad he's got.

Too many unforced errors. Too little sense that he or the team know what they're doing.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Ralph Hasenhuttl Relishing the New Substitution Rule on 13:55 - Aug 5 with 1221 viewsfranniesTache

Ralph Hasenhuttl Relishing the New Substitution Rule on 11:39 - Aug 5 by saints__fan__73

If "getting the best out of the players" is conceding over 60 goals every season he's been here, breaking the record loses home and away, setting a new record in the clubs 137 year history for not winning a game and finishing on average about 16th in the league i'd hate to see what him doing badly is.

Honestly at this point in time if you're not criticising him you're not a fan, you're a member of a cult.
Login to get fewer ads

Ralph Hasenhuttl Relishing the New Substitution Rule on 13:56 - Aug 5 with 1218 viewsPatfromPoole

Romeu is a class act, Einstein.

Not sure of the relevance of the Brighton comparison. They were comfortably us in the table last season, and didn’t piss away a Cup quarter-final by leaving their best two strikers on the bench.

Ralph Hasenhuttl Relishing the New Substitution Rule on 15:15 - Aug 5 with 1165 viewssaints__fan__73

Ralph Hasenhuttl Relishing the New Substitution Rule on 13:55 - Aug 5 by franniesTache

If "getting the best out of the players" is conceding over 60 goals every season he's been here, breaking the record loses home and away, setting a new record in the clubs 137 year history for not winning a game and finishing on average about 16th in the league i'd hate to see what him doing badly is.

Honestly at this point in time if you're not criticising him you're not a fan, you're a member of a cult.

Isn't it obvious what doing badly would be? That's relegation and pretty much certain financial meltdown/administration.

We've been in the bottom half but never really in a relegation dog-fight since the days of Hughes.

We're now one of the longest tenured PL members other than the big boys, given the amount of money spent that's impressive. When the Championship is full of clubs who have spent more than us but were relegated and even the likes of Brighton have net spend of around £200m more than us then you should see that survival is the very most we could hope for.

Have you seen our squad? McCarthy, Lyanco, Valery, Elyounossi, Adam Armstrong, Djenepo, etc. These are some truly awful players who would not get near the minutes they play in even a promoted team but they do with us as they are all we have.

Yes, Ralph could improve his use of subs but it's laughable you think he is the biggest problem. It may be crap that the most we can hope for each year is around 15th but until things change in how the club is financed and run by the board it will be a miracle if we don't go down in the next couple of years no matter who the manger may be.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Ralph Hasenhuttl Relishing the New Substitution Rule on 16:51 - Aug 5 with 1130 viewsfranniesTache

Ralph Hasenhuttl Relishing the New Substitution Rule on 15:15 - Aug 5 by saints__fan__73

Isn't it obvious what doing badly would be? That's relegation and pretty much certain financial meltdown/administration.

We've been in the bottom half but never really in a relegation dog-fight since the days of Hughes.

We're now one of the longest tenured PL members other than the big boys, given the amount of money spent that's impressive. When the Championship is full of clubs who have spent more than us but were relegated and even the likes of Brighton have net spend of around £200m more than us then you should see that survival is the very most we could hope for.

Have you seen our squad? McCarthy, Lyanco, Valery, Elyounossi, Adam Armstrong, Djenepo, etc. These are some truly awful players who would not get near the minutes they play in even a promoted team but they do with us as they are all we have.

Yes, Ralph could improve his use of subs but it's laughable you think he is the biggest problem. It may be crap that the most we can hope for each year is around 15th but until things change in how the club is financed and run by the board it will be a miracle if we don't go down in the next couple of years no matter who the manger may be.

No one said i thought he was the biggest problem, but i think we're due a change. We can't keep shipping goals the way we have been and he's not fixed it the entire time.

Also the team are mentally weak and that's the manager. I don't buy that Ralph is anything special, i think he's pretty bog standard, and we missed a trick not going for Thomas Frank when Brentford didn't get promoted.

The problem is too many of our fans think Ralph is a nice guy and will forgive him anything, well being a nice guy is part of the problem, the team, club and fans need a bit more arsehole about them.

We need to learn to win dirty, we need to be a place people don't want to come to, and if we win by diving, or by taking another clubs manger, or by tapping players up, then good, because being nice in football doesn't work.
Ralph Hasenhuttl Relishing the New Substitution Rule on 16:54 - Aug 5 with 1119 viewsPatfromPoole

Ralph Hasenhuttl Relishing the New Substitution Rule on 16:51 - Aug 5 by franniesTache

No one said i thought he was the biggest problem, but i think we're due a change. We can't keep shipping goals the way we have been and he's not fixed it the entire time.

Also the team are mentally weak and that's the manager. I don't buy that Ralph is anything special, i think he's pretty bog standard, and we missed a trick not going for Thomas Frank when Brentford didn't get promoted.

The problem is too many of our fans think Ralph is a nice guy and will forgive him anything, well being a nice guy is part of the problem, the team, club and fans need a bit more arsehole about them.

We need to learn to win dirty, we need to be a place people don't want to come to, and if we win by diving, or by taking another clubs manger, or by tapping players up, then good, because being nice in football doesn't work.

Shithousery.

Love it.

Ralph Hasenhuttl Relishing the New Substitution Rule on 19:38 - Aug 5 with 1033 viewssaintwizzler

Ralph Hasenhuttl Relishing the New Substitution Rule on 16:51 - Aug 5 by franniesTache

Nailed it

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Ralph Hasenhuttl Relishing the New Substitution Rule on 19:58 - Aug 5 with 1027 viewsTripleNiemi

PMSL, can you picture an `arsehole` Redmond or Diallo?

#Lilywhites #BoldisBrave

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Ralph Hasenhuttl Relishing the New Substitution Rule on 07:35 - Aug 6 with 893 viewsJimmyMeliaPhD

sorry saints fan 73, you're way off. This man could be replaced by a monkey on typewriter and the results would probably be better.
Seriously though, the idea of him now having more sun options is laughable. When he did make subs last years it was usually too late or just wrong. Giving him more rope to be wrong seems worrying.
The old argument abut there beng nobody better to replace him is really in the end just stupid. Like a said, a monkey on a typewriter would do.
Ralph Hasenhuttl Relishing the New Substitution Rule on 09:40 - Aug 6 with 829 viewsRon11

Ralph Hasenhuttl Relishing the New Substitution Rule on 07:35 - Aug 6 by JimmyMeliaPhD

sorry saints fan 73, you're way off. This man could be replaced by a monkey on typewriter and the results would probably be better.
Seriously though, the idea of him now having more sun options is laughable. When he did make subs last years it was usually too late or just wrong. Giving him more rope to be wrong seems worrying.
The old argument abut there beng nobody better to replace him is really in the end just stupid. Like a said, a monkey on a typewriter would do.

We'll all know which way the wind's blowing at ten to five today.
If there's more of the same old back/sideways passing as if nobody actually wants the ball, and McCarthy in goal with a few very late pointless substitutions, we'll know it's all over
for the bloke who thinks we don't need experienced players - that the young players will 'become experienced'.
Ralph Hasenhuttl Relishing the New Substitution Rule on 17:26 - Aug 6 with 734 viewsMrangry25

The bloke is an idiot, no clue how to use substitutions, get rid of him now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024