Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans 19:59 - May 6 with 5721 viewsSouthamptonfan

Cheer on millionaires, feed the poor 🎵🎵🎵

[Post edited 6 May 2023 20:48]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 20:18 - May 6 with 4309 views1885_SFC

Classy.

I'd imagine the ghosts of The Liverpool Pals battalions were proud of them today.

Old School is Cool

The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 22:42 - May 6 with 4147 views1ASIN12

I take it they are all going into work Monday too .
The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 23:45 - May 6 with 4091 viewsRon11

The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 20:18 - May 6 by 1885_SFC

Classy.

I'd imagine the ghosts of The Liverpool Pals battalions were proud of them today.

They can fu ck off and become another addition to a united Ireland.
The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 10:33 - May 7 with 3888 viewsHeisenberg

I’m no Liverpool fan but why should anyone sing that dirge. As for that farce yesterday. Estimated cost of £250 million. There are loads of things to be proud about in this country. The Royal Family isn’t one of them. Citizen not subject.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 10:43 - May 7 with 3873 viewsRon11

The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 10:33 - May 7 by Heisenberg

I’m no Liverpool fan but why should anyone sing that dirge. As for that farce yesterday. Estimated cost of £250 million. There are loads of things to be proud about in this country. The Royal Family isn’t one of them. Citizen not subject.

Stick with Putin then.
The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 10:50 - May 7 with 3868 viewsSouthamptonfan

Nobody should have to sing anything they don't want to, but their reasons for booing it are because the money could be spent on the poor, as you can hear from the chants above.

Erm yes, but they don't mind adoring, cheering and idolising players earning 20 Million a year, with Rolex watches, Ferraris, and ten mansions. They don't mind billionaires buying up their executive boxes to make their club massively rich and successful. Kind of makes their argument invalid??? They are a bunch of hypocrites.
[Post edited 7 May 2023 10:51]

The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 10:56 - May 7 with 3861 viewsHeisenberg

The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 10:43 - May 7 by Ron11

Stick with Putin then.

What has Putin got to do with not wanting a Royal Family ?

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'

The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 10:58 - May 7 with 3852 viewssolent_toffee

Liverpool fans have coined the Scouse not English mantra which they bang on about all time with an anti-Tory, anti monarchy agenda. The irony being that the ground is full of tourists who no doubt vote for and live in Conservative constituencies and will no doubt boo the anthem yesterday before attesting a Coronation event this afternoon.

At the end of the day, they are a cult and as with most cults, it’s hard to understand.

As for yesterday, as you say it’s a farce. The bits of commentary I saw on the BBC would have you believe that the whole country was sitting down to watch it and love Prince Charles. This just isn’t true. Most people I know just had a normal Saturday, and bearing in mind how busy Tescos and B and Q was think it was the same for loads. The whole thing just seems to be a huge pantomime.
Login to get fewer ads

The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 11:04 - May 7 with 3836 viewsdwayne_dibley

"At the end of the day, they are a cult and as with most cults, it’s hard to understand"

Think that is spelt with a "n" not a "l"

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 11:07 - May 7 with 3829 viewsSouthamptonfan

The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 10:58 - May 7 by solent_toffee

Liverpool fans have coined the Scouse not English mantra which they bang on about all time with an anti-Tory, anti monarchy agenda. The irony being that the ground is full of tourists who no doubt vote for and live in Conservative constituencies and will no doubt boo the anthem yesterday before attesting a Coronation event this afternoon.

At the end of the day, they are a cult and as with most cults, it’s hard to understand.

As for yesterday, as you say it’s a farce. The bits of commentary I saw on the BBC would have you believe that the whole country was sitting down to watch it and love Prince Charles. This just isn’t true. Most people I know just had a normal Saturday, and bearing in mind how busy Tescos and B and Q was think it was the same for loads. The whole thing just seems to be a huge pantomime.

Yes there would have been many rich, probably conservative voting people at Anfield yesterday from Dorset, London and Malaysia. These rich people are part of why Liverpool can afford the best players in the world. Liverpool fans don't seem to mind that bit or consider this. They are anti-Tori, anti rich, but welcome the money spent by these "Tories" in the club shop and for their executive boxes, allowing the club to pay for the best players. They also don't mind paying their entrance fee to support players earning 20 million a year. Then they sing about feeding the poor, whilst idolising players who have 10 Ferraris. They are total hypocrites.

The message about feeding the poor may be valid, IF they weren't there supporting millionaires on the pitch. They make the noise, bring the attention, they could just shut up and keep quiet. Or they could boo their own players too, for not feeding the poor. If they did that too, they would get a lot more support for the message.
[Post edited 7 May 2023 11:10]

The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 11:24 - May 7 with 3794 viewssaintmark1976

Classy.

That would be The Liverpool Pals who had 200 men killed on one day ( July 1 1916 ) at the opening of the Somme offensive would it? Not forgetting of course that at the end of hostilities they had lost 20% of their regiment dead and 50% of the remainder suffered life changing injury and disfigurement.

Cannon fodder in a war where the opposing heads of state were cousins from the same Royal Family, being King George the Fifth and The Kaiser. They didn’t fight, but then again those who start wars never do so.

Singing a song saying that you don’t agree with something isn’t yet a crime in this country although if our current Home Secretary has her way it may soon be, witness The Metropolitan Police stopping peaceful protest yesterday.
The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 11:33 - May 7 with 3784 viewsdwayne_dibley

A scouse pushes her BMW into a gas station, and tells the mechanic it died.

After he works on it for a few minutes, it is idling smoothly.

She says, 'What's the story?'

He replies, 'Just crap in the carburetor'.

She asks, 'How often do I have to do that ?

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 11:35 - May 7 with 3779 viewsRon11

The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 10:56 - May 7 by Heisenberg

What has Putin got to do with not wanting a Royal Family ?

Well, like you, he doesn't want one either.
[Post edited 7 May 2023 11:36]
The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 11:35 - May 7 with 3778 viewsSouthamptonfan

The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 11:24 - May 7 by saintmark1976

That would be The Liverpool Pals who had 200 men killed on one day ( July 1 1916 ) at the opening of the Somme offensive would it? Not forgetting of course that at the end of hostilities they had lost 20% of their regiment dead and 50% of the remainder suffered life changing injury and disfigurement.

Cannon fodder in a war where the opposing heads of state were cousins from the same Royal Family, being King George the Fifth and The Kaiser. They didn’t fight, but then again those who start wars never do so.

Singing a song saying that you don’t agree with something isn’t yet a crime in this country although if our current Home Secretary has her way it may soon be, witness The Metropolitan Police stopping peaceful protest yesterday.

https://www.alamy.com/liverpool-legend-sir-kenny-dalglish-is-knighted-by-the-pri

I wonder what they think of King Kenny? A rather apt name for another one of their idols.
[Post edited 7 May 2023 11:37]

The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 11:45 - May 7 with 3760 viewsHeisenberg

The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 11:35 - May 7 by Ron11

Well, like you, he doesn't want one either.
[Post edited 7 May 2023 11:36]

Like France, Germany, Italy, Portugal, USA and numerous others you mean ? You keep doffing your cap pal. Charlie boy has amassed a personal fortune estimated at 19 billion. And he didn’t even have to pay inheritance tax on the millions he got when dear mamma died. Rest of us have to pay it of course.

The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 12:13 - May 7 with 3723 viewssledger

The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 11:45 - May 7 by Heisenberg

Like France, Germany, Italy, Portugal, USA and numerous others you mean ? You keep doffing your cap pal. Charlie boy has amassed a personal fortune estimated at 19 billion. And he didn’t even have to pay inheritance tax on the millions he got when dear mamma died. Rest of us have to pay it of course.

im no liverpool lover but am in agreement with you over this and lets not forget this is a family that paid multiple millions to buy off the alleged paedophile charges against one of there own from ever going to court,thats the royal family in a nutshell
The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 13:15 - May 7 with 3668 viewsJellybaby

Classy.

These people thought they were fighting for freedom against tyranny, so they probably would be proud of the dissent shown yesterday, as the British Royal family is certainly part of the global super rich predator class striving to keep the rest of us down.

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 13:31 - May 7 with 3648 viewsfranniesTache

The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 12:13 - May 7 by sledger

im no liverpool lover but am in agreement with you over this and lets not forget this is a family that paid multiple millions to buy off the alleged paedophile charges against one of there own from ever going to court,thats the royal family in a nutshell

I can't get my head round the idea that some rich people who were born to the right family are meant to "rule over us" based on a god i don't believe in.

No problem with others liking the Royal Family but it does feel to me like an anachronism that shouldn't exist in the modern day.

Equally I don't understand why people say "but then you'd end up with X as head of state", why do we even need a head of state? The role at the moment is ceremonial at best so there's absolutely no need to replace them.

Personally much rather a country that ditches the monarchy and makes the lords an elected second chamber, given it's 2023 it feels mad to me that all our positions of power are not elected
The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 13:37 - May 7 with 3644 viewskingolaf

I don’t understand the correlation between the monarchy and feeding the poor. The country makes for more money because it f the Royals than they cost.
Liverpool fans are an absolute disgrace. Always have been. Happy to murder 38 Juventus fans, they have a warped sense of values. Horrible football club.
The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 13:40 - May 7 with 3639 viewsfranniesTache

The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 13:37 - May 7 by kingolaf

I don’t understand the correlation between the monarchy and feeding the poor. The country makes for more money because it f the Royals than they cost.
Liverpool fans are an absolute disgrace. Always have been. Happy to murder 38 Juventus fans, they have a warped sense of values. Horrible football club.

Think the argument is that £250m was spent on the coronation from the public purse which should've been spent elsewhere given we have a record number of foodbanks.

It's not really a controversial argument either, the Royal Family can more than afford to pay for it themselves so really should
The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 14:27 - May 7 with 3591 viewssaintmark1976

The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 13:37 - May 7 by kingolaf

kingolaf, it’s a tad unclear from the spelling of your post, but I assume that you are making a statement that “ The Country makes more money because of The Royals than they cost”. Do you have any evidence to substantiate your comment or maybe you just repeating something that you heard as hearsay?

What is backed up by evidence is that each year the Royals take money from every taxpayer in the UK. In addition ( as was pointed out by a previous contributor) Charles, unlike every other UK citizen, is exempt from needing to pay Inheritance Tax. Thus, he will receive the benefit of a vast monetary fortune from his Mother, added to which is an enormous private art collection together with property such as Sandringham and Balmoral, without him giving a penny back to the rest of us.

Kingolaf, I’m of the opinion that in a modern 21st Century society his preferential Tax treatment is not fair and reasonable. Perhaps you have the ability to convince me otherwise?
The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 14:34 - May 7 with 3578 viewsSFC_Referee

The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 13:31 - May 7 by franniesTache

I can't get my head round the idea that some rich people who were born to the right family are meant to "rule over us" based on a god i don't believe in.

No problem with others liking the Royal Family but it does feel to me like an anachronism that shouldn't exist in the modern day.

Equally I don't understand why people say "but then you'd end up with X as head of state", why do we even need a head of state? The role at the moment is ceremonial at best so there's absolutely no need to replace them.

Personally much rather a country that ditches the monarchy and makes the lords an elected second chamber, given it's 2023 it feels mad to me that all our positions of power are not elected

But that’s the whole point isn’t it, the royal family is just simply outdated now. As for everything they get, it’s just ridiculous for what they actually do. As most people really didn’t give a toss yesterday, as I even myself was refereeing a blooming churches league game (which outta all the leagues would be the one you would expect to be postponing games to watch this coronation) whilst it was all going on, and even most of the players didn’t give a toss, even with all their religious connections in a league where you can’t even swear! 😂

As in my books you earn respect by doing things that no one/very few others can do at a certain level, all of which helps people. As doctors, firefighters, soldiers, risk and give their lives to save others. Footballers, refs, actors, all do their jobs to help entertain others and help them enjoy their lives more as well as inspiring others to do great things. Scientists, politicians, teachers, all help to try and enlighten and educate us and the next generation to try and make our lives better as well as making our world a better one to live in. All of which do these things to levels that very few others can do, most of which started with absolutely nothing yet somehow got to the levels that they did, hence why I give many of the best of these soo much respect.

This old fella on the other hand has had everything laid out to him on a silver lining, and literally does nothing that the average person could not do, if they weren’t in his shoes. As in the past, they did actually do stuff having to manage our lives, fight wars and sort out taxes etc… which is why they did have more of a right and did actually have some respect. But now that’s simply for the government to do. As I don’t see what’s soo challenging about doing a few waves, signing a piece of paper or two, all of which happens whilst he’s got the best chefs around, private jets and literally a palace to live in! Yet all the average person gets in response, is simply a bit of money from some tourists, which you could probably get most of with Buckingham palace alone!

And for what the police were doing yesterday, literally arresting people for “shouting too loud”, “protesting with locks on them” or simply being people who have offended before, but hadn’t done a single thing wrong yesterday! As it’s just a joke that this has all come outta some grandad being coronated for something that should’ve ended many years ago (like it did in most other major countries).

As our monarchy should change, or at the very least loose most of what they’ve got. As why we still to the day sing songs about a god that many don’t even believe in, about a monarchy that does bugger all, is simply ridiculous

Poll: Should Russel Martins be sacked if we don’t win playoffs

The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 14:37 - May 7 with 3570 viewssaintwizzler

The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 14:34 - May 7 by SFC_Referee

But that’s the whole point isn’t it, the royal family is just simply outdated now. As for everything they get, it’s just ridiculous for what they actually do. As most people really didn’t give a toss yesterday, as I even myself was refereeing a blooming churches league game (which outta all the leagues would be the one you would expect to be postponing games to watch this coronation) whilst it was all going on, and even most of the players didn’t give a toss, even with all their religious connections in a league where you can’t even swear! 😂

As in my books you earn respect by doing things that no one/very few others can do at a certain level, all of which helps people. As doctors, firefighters, soldiers, risk and give their lives to save others. Footballers, refs, actors, all do their jobs to help entertain others and help them enjoy their lives more as well as inspiring others to do great things. Scientists, politicians, teachers, all help to try and enlighten and educate us and the next generation to try and make our lives better as well as making our world a better one to live in. All of which do these things to levels that very few others can do, most of which started with absolutely nothing yet somehow got to the levels that they did, hence why I give many of the best of these soo much respect.

This old fella on the other hand has had everything laid out to him on a silver lining, and literally does nothing that the average person could not do, if they weren’t in his shoes. As in the past, they did actually do stuff having to manage our lives, fight wars and sort out taxes etc… which is why they did have more of a right and did actually have some respect. But now that’s simply for the government to do. As I don’t see what’s soo challenging about doing a few waves, signing a piece of paper or two, all of which happens whilst he’s got the best chefs around, private jets and literally a palace to live in! Yet all the average person gets in response, is simply a bit of money from some tourists, which you could probably get most of with Buckingham palace alone!

And for what the police were doing yesterday, literally arresting people for “shouting too loud”, “protesting with locks on them” or simply being people who have offended before, but hadn’t done a single thing wrong yesterday! As it’s just a joke that this has all come outta some grandad being coronated for something that should’ve ended many years ago (like it did in most other major countries).

As our monarchy should change, or at the very least loose most of what they’ve got. As why we still to the day sing songs about a god that many don’t even believe in, about a monarchy that does bugger all, is simply ridiculous

Enjoy your day off tomorrow.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 14:44 - May 7 with 3551 viewsSFC_Referee

The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 14:37 - May 7 by saintwizzler

Enjoy your day off tomorrow.

Not for refs there won’t be

Poll: Should Russel Martins be sacked if we don’t win playoffs

The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 15:10 - May 7 with 3531 views1885_SFC

The hypocrisy of Liverpool fans on 11:24 - May 7 by saintmark1976

That would be The Liverpool Pals who joined up in their thousands to fight for King and Country, yes.

I'm not a Royalist and couldn't give a toss one way or the other. But chanting obscenities against the modern day King just shows a lack or respect and no class whatsoever. Surely saying/singing nothing would be the better option... like at every other ground yesterday?

"Singing a song saying that you don’t agree with something isn’t yet a crime in this country." So if I stand outside the 2023 Eurovision Song Contest venue in Liverpool later this month and sing anti-trans people songs, nothing hateful or obscene mind, I'll be left alone by the authorities will I?

Old School is Cool

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024