Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Other people's views on players. 18:43 - Aug 27 with 551 views1teeminants

I always find it very strange when i sometimes read or hear other fans views on players and sometimes i feel im watching a different game. Take this week as an example i have heard many say that Guly was the best player for saints on saturday and Wigan fans commented how well he played yet several papers gave him 4 out of 10 and The Echo said he struggled and was rarely in it. I have heard some criticise Hoovield yet i thought he played well and the echo gave him 7 out of 10 and also stated how well Hooiveld is doing and how he looks a prem player which i totally agree with. Fonte is the one we need to replace IMO.

Clyne IMO has been the best player so far yet the echo gave him 6 out of 10 and said he struggled. wtf? Some people never rated Harding others prefered him to Fox . Fox is rated by many including myself, others reckon we need to replace him. Puncheon had a very good pre season yet many think we should get rid. I think Saints should play Shaw at Left BACK and maybe push Fox up in midfield. Others think Shaw is far too young but will be good ,to that i counter look at Ward Prowse and Chamberlain if you're good enough you are old enough.

Some reckon De Ridder should play others say there's no way he's prem material .i tend to agree with the latter

The one thing we all seem to agree on is Rodriguez is wasted out on the wing.

Its what makes the game interesting i guess.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Other people's views on players. on 19:06 - Aug 27 with 520 viewsdirk_doone

Agree with you about Clyne.

The one player that gets really noticed in the Premier League is a goalscorer, and I've already heard Man United fans saying that they were impressed by Lambert (perhaps because he scored against City). Saints have always survived in the top flight because of goalscorers - almost never defenders: Ron Davies, Martin Chivers, Mick Channon, Ted MacDougall, Steve Moran, Kevin Keegan, Matt Le Tissier, Alan Shearer, Kevin Davies, James Beattie etc. That is the Saints way.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Would you like a home 'kop' at St. Mary's directly behind one of the goals?

Other people's views on players. on 19:16 - Aug 27 with 505 views1teeminants

Other people's views on players. on 19:06 - Aug 27 by dirk_doone

Agree with you about Clyne.

The one player that gets really noticed in the Premier League is a goalscorer, and I've already heard Man United fans saying that they were impressed by Lambert (perhaps because he scored against City). Saints have always survived in the top flight because of goalscorers - almost never defenders: Ron Davies, Martin Chivers, Mick Channon, Ted MacDougall, Steve Moran, Kevin Keegan, Matt Le Tissier, Alan Shearer, Kevin Davies, James Beattie etc. That is the Saints way.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

I can see Clyne playing For England one day, i reckon he's that good.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Other people's views on players. on 19:19 - Aug 27 with 500 viewsdirk_doone

Other people's views on players. on 19:16 - Aug 27 by 1teeminants

I can see Clyne playing For England one day, i reckon he's that good.

I agree: it's 100% certain that Clyne will play for England.

Poll: Would you like a home 'kop' at St. Mary's directly behind one of the goals?

Other people's views on players. on 19:20 - Aug 27 with 497 viewstiptop

If Ramirez signs I think he'll play left.
Rodriguez will be a sub then.
Soon Tadanari Lee will be back in contention then there's Sharpe.
And if we sign the Zambian striker thats another one. 4 strikers on the bench?
I wonder if they will all be here when the window closes.

Don't understand why we are playing that system with Jay.
Why not put J-Rod up the front with Ricky?

The pride of Southampton

Other people's views on players. on 21:22 - Aug 27 with 422 viewsemigrant

Other people's views on players. on 19:20 - Aug 27 by tiptop

If Ramirez signs I think he'll play left.
Rodriguez will be a sub then.
Soon Tadanari Lee will be back in contention then there's Sharpe.
And if we sign the Zambian striker thats another one. 4 strikers on the bench?
I wonder if they will all be here when the window closes.

Don't understand why we are playing that system with Jay.
Why not put J-Rod up the front with Ricky?

On Sat. I felt that we just lost it when we went 2 up front. But Vectis will give you the reason

Poll: Who Can Explain Their Investment Procedures

Other people's views on players. on 00:37 - Aug 28 with 356 viewsvectis

Other people's views on players. on 21:22 - Aug 27 by emigrant

On Sat. I felt that we just lost it when we went 2 up front. But Vectis will give you the reason

Emigrant.
Other people's views on players. on 09:37 - Aug 28 with 303 viewsemigrant

Other people's views on players. on 00:37 - Aug 28 by vectis

Emigrant.

Other people's views on players. on 09:40 - Aug 28 with 299 viewsSaintNick

Other people's views on players. on 21:22 - Aug 27 by emigrant

The reason we lost it when we went two up front was that our four left in midfield were disjointed and couldnt cope with the loss of the extra man

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Login to get fewer ads

Other people's views on players. on 09:58 - Aug 28 with 284 viewsemigrant

Other people's views on players. on 09:40 - Aug 28 by SaintNick

The reason we lost it when we went two up front was that our four left in midfield were disjointed and couldnt cope with the loss of the extra man

Agree!!

Other people's views on players. on 10:43 - Aug 28 with 266 viewssaintlee

I totally agree that it's Fonte who is the weakest link. He was brilliant in the championship last season, but the the prem is a different ball game. He got totally skinned by Tevez for City's first goal. He was at fault for their second with a poor header that went straight to Kompany and Saturday got robbed by Kone for Wigans second. Of the 5 goals we've conceded this season Fonte has been at fault for 60% of them. Sorry, but that's not good enough. Centre back to play with Hoiveldt is defo the main requirement. Guly is only good enough to be on the bench. Jay Rod is still young, not sure he is ready yet and possibly a left back also needed. The jury is still out on Fox at the moment. We need a bit more pace. We didn't seem to get many crosses in Saturday, that is where Lambert needs the service from, out wide and this 4-3-3 system limits this because in the prem our full backs don't seem to be getting forward as much to provide crosses into the box. Everything is going through Lallana through the middle. He should be playing where Jay Rod is. Make the midfield harder to break through and I think you'll find we'll be fine.
Other people's views on players. on 11:07 - Aug 28 with 253 viewsvectis

Other people's views on players. on 10:43 - Aug 28 by saintlee

I totally agree that it's Fonte who is the weakest link. He was brilliant in the championship last season, but the the prem is a different ball game. He got totally skinned by Tevez for City's first goal. He was at fault for their second with a poor header that went straight to Kompany and Saturday got robbed by Kone for Wigans second. Of the 5 goals we've conceded this season Fonte has been at fault for 60% of them. Sorry, but that's not good enough. Centre back to play with Hoiveldt is defo the main requirement. Guly is only good enough to be on the bench. Jay Rod is still young, not sure he is ready yet and possibly a left back also needed. The jury is still out on Fox at the moment. We need a bit more pace. We didn't seem to get many crosses in Saturday, that is where Lambert needs the service from, out wide and this 4-3-3 system limits this because in the prem our full backs don't seem to be getting forward as much to provide crosses into the box. Everything is going through Lallana through the middle. He should be playing where Jay Rod is. Make the midfield harder to break through and I think you'll find we'll be fine.

I personally don't see much to choose between Fonte and Hooiveld. I think they are both decent for most of the 90mins but then usually go and make a silly mistake that costs us. If one doesn't lose concentration, the other will.

It seems obvious that NA is targeting competition for both CB spots...of the central defenders we seem to have been actively linked with in the press (ie, more than once and with sums actually mentioned in the article):

Yoshida and Dann are both right footed defenders

Kana-Biyak, Fontas and Benalouane are all left footed

I believe the argument against playing Lallana on the wing is that he lacks pace at this level.

Whatever the case, Ramirez, Mayuka, Aubameyang and Matt Phillips are just some of the winger/strikers we have been linked with lately. And they all have pace in buckets. And spades.

And statistically Rodriguez scored most of his goals at Burnley by cutting in from the left and using his right foot. There was a link I posted a while back that analyzed this very point. NA puts a lot of store in such statistics. And why not? He has been very successful so far in his career, so I will trust him on this.

But I have to admit, he has looked a bit off the pace pushed 'so' far out wide.

Whatever the case, long way to go yet and exciting times ahead either way. Its gonna be a fun week and a fun season :)

Other people's views on players. on 12:57 - Aug 28 with 185 viewsst_bangkok

I actually believe the issue at the back is the Jos and Joe simply cannot play together and thus make each other look bad. I thin one new CB should be enough to partner either as and when.

Sometime people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed.
Poll: 9/11 - Conspiracy or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2020