Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Premier League Owl on Harry Redknapp 18:34 - Mar 3 with 4268 viewsOnlyHereForTheNiko

Don't know if any of you have already seen this, but it's interesting reading!

http://thepremierleagueowl.com/harry-redknapp-repeating-his-tottenham-trick-at-q
The Premier League Owl on Harry Redknapp on 21:01 - Mar 3 with 4125 viewsCamberleyR

Good article.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

The Premier League Owl on Harry Redknapp on 07:52 - Mar 4 with 3962 viewsGetMeRangers

Not sure about others, but it is the rather dull and poor performances that have made this season hard rather than the league position... had hoped for more under HR

I have some sympathy for him, as we have been ravaged bu injuries, in a way other teams havent, though as a team we were far better disciplined when Schtevee was here.... whether that was down to better coaching or a better atmosphere within the dressing room.

I feel a bit for the players.... I find it hard to listen to Kevin Bond or HR talk about football!
The Premier League Owl on Harry Redknapp on 09:06 - Mar 4 with 3900 viewstoboboly

The Premier League Owl on Harry Redknapp on 07:52 - Mar 4 by GetMeRangers

Not sure about others, but it is the rather dull and poor performances that have made this season hard rather than the league position... had hoped for more under HR

I have some sympathy for him, as we have been ravaged bu injuries, in a way other teams havent, though as a team we were far better disciplined when Schtevee was here.... whether that was down to better coaching or a better atmosphere within the dressing room.

I feel a bit for the players.... I find it hard to listen to Kevin Bond or HR talk about football!

Very true.

I would have bitten your fingers off to just avoid doing a Wolves this year. However it is watching such mundane, error strewn, pedestrian dross that has me tearing my hair out this season.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

The Premier League Owl on Harry Redknapp on 09:54 - Mar 4 with 3859 viewsTacticalR

That article points out how the Spurs season fell away in 2011/12, but offers no explanation of why that might be.

In 'Harry's Games', John Crace's explanation is that Redknapp did not rotate at the beginning of the 2011/12 season (i.e. the very opposite of what he has recently been accused of on this forum), as he had an ideal eleven, and this lead to injury problems later in the season.

'In the previous season, van der Vaart had played brilliantly before Christmas, creating havoc in opposition defences and seemingly scoring at will, but in February, March and April he had noticeably faded and had become far less effective. It’s something all the fans had noticed, so it can’t have escaped the eyes of Redknapp and his coaching team.

Exactly the same thing had happened to van der Vaart in this season, and yet, if Redknapp had noticed, he did nothing about it as the Dutchman was virtually ever-present in the first team. More than that, the whole team was set up for van der Vaart to play a roving role between the midfield and the lone striker, Adebayor, and when van der Vaart was unable to fulfil that role effectively the formation came unstuck. Just as Redknapp had one Team A, so he had no Plan B. It was as if he had a single, idealized view — a platonic form — of how he wanted the team to play and was unable to react pragmatically when circumstances prevented him.'

Air hostess clique

The Premier League Owl on Harry Redknapp on 09:54 - Mar 4 with 3858 viewsToast_R

Hang on a second, the person who wrote that conveniently forgets that when Redknapp took took charge of Spurs they were terrible and in the bottom 3 of the Premier League and since his removal, they have not matched his record despite going on to spend even more money then what Redknapp did. He is criticising him for flunking third to Arsenal, not for getting Spurs so such high standards in the first place. If Chelsea hadnt won the Champions league with the luck of the Gods, the third place miss wouldn't ever have been an issue or thrown at Redknapp as some kind of failure.

Just another typical Spurs whinger wanting to stick the boot in.
The Premier League Owl on Harry Redknapp on 10:37 - Mar 4 with 3829 viewsAntti_Heinola

The Premier League Owl on Harry Redknapp on 09:54 - Mar 4 by Toast_R

Hang on a second, the person who wrote that conveniently forgets that when Redknapp took took charge of Spurs they were terrible and in the bottom 3 of the Premier League and since his removal, they have not matched his record despite going on to spend even more money then what Redknapp did. He is criticising him for flunking third to Arsenal, not for getting Spurs so such high standards in the first place. If Chelsea hadnt won the Champions league with the luck of the Gods, the third place miss wouldn't ever have been an issue or thrown at Redknapp as some kind of failure.

Can't agree Toast. Harry had a 12 point lead over Arsenal and blew it because he cared more about getting the England job than doing the job in hand. Simple as that.
Spurs had had a poor start when he took over, but that was it. They had a great squad.
The article is spot on. Redknapp builds his own narrative, where all good things are down to him and all bad things are bad luck or someone else's fault.

All these excuses about injuries make me laugh. It's as if before the injuries we were playing great football and winning every week. We simply weren't. We didn't have many injuries, apart from Austin, in December, and had several very poor results and performances. Austin was fit and we won every game in Jan, because Redknapp's entire gameplan rests on one player scoring a goal. This despite signing 20 players in a year. Sorry, I have sympathy over the injuries, but overall the job he's done this season has been at best adequate with the resources he has.

Bare bones.

The Premier League Owl on Harry Redknapp on 10:51 - Mar 4 with 3811 viewsToast_R

The Premier League Owl on Harry Redknapp on 10:37 - Mar 4 by Antti_Heinola

Can't agree Toast. Harry had a 12 point lead over Arsenal and blew it because he cared more about getting the England job than doing the job in hand. Simple as that.
Spurs had had a poor start when he took over, but that was it. They had a great squad.
The article is spot on. Redknapp builds his own narrative, where all good things are down to him and all bad things are bad luck or someone else's fault.

All these excuses about injuries make me laugh. It's as if before the injuries we were playing great football and winning every week. We simply weren't. We didn't have many injuries, apart from Austin, in December, and had several very poor results and performances. Austin was fit and we won every game in Jan, because Redknapp's entire gameplan rests on one player scoring a goal. This despite signing 20 players in a year. Sorry, I have sympathy over the injuries, but overall the job he's done this season has been at best adequate with the resources he has.

The England job issue aside, he can be forgiven for that surely as a man who obviously wanted the England job. Who wouldn't take their eye off the ball a little bit if there was a hint of uncertainty and a chance of getting your dream job? The players evidently stopped performing at the level they were due to this or it could just have been a coincidence that Spurs hit some rocky form at that time and that Arsenal hit amazing form (which they did).

I'm not questioning the job he's done at QPR, completely differennt kettle of fish and I agree it's hardly been great. What I beleive is harsh is that a Spurs fan is putting the boot in to Redknapp as if he did a bad job at Spurs. He didn't in my opinion, he gave them the most successful spell for 30 odd years and since they sacked him, they have not been as good,FACT!

It's true though, thesedays your only as good as your last game and Spurs fans are notorious whingers.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2014 10:52]
The Premier League Owl on Harry Redknapp on 16:35 - Mar 4 with 3673 viewsfrancisbowles

Was that also the season he had the trial? If so that must have taken a big toll on him.
Login to get fewer ads

The Premier League Owl on Harry Redknapp on 16:55 - Mar 4 with 3645 viewsTacticalR

The Premier League Owl on Harry Redknapp on 16:35 - Mar 4 by francisbowles

Was that also the season he had the trial? If so that must have taken a big toll on him.

Yes.

Air hostess clique

The Premier League Owl on Harry Redknapp on 18:15 - Mar 4 with 3578 viewsterryb

The Premier League Owl on Harry Redknapp on 09:54 - Mar 4 by Toast_R

Yes, Tottenham were bottom when Redknapp took over, but had they not finished in the top four the previous season? That would hardly qualify as a terrible team.
The Premier League Owl on Harry Redknapp on 18:31 - Mar 4 with 3559 viewsCamberleyR

It wasn't a poor team Redknapp inherited at Spurs, it was just severely underperforming. It had the likes of King, Woodgate, Dawson, Bale, Lennon, Modric, Zakora, Bent.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024