Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Relegation Battle 05:28 - Jul 13 with 5700 viewsJoeSoccerFan

Let me be the first to announce that we're in a relegation battle in the 2014-2015 season. It's obvious that even the team concurs with this assertion by simply looking at the team site has us in 18th (and being relegated if the season ended today).
(see http://www.swanseacity.net/fixtures-results/league-table/index.aspx). I will disregard any delusional arguments stating alphabetical nonsense.

Last year, I was dismayed that many "chicken little" (my term) fans at the slightest downturn (or challenge) would panic and would profess that the Swans were going down. So, I suggest that each poster make their baseline prediction for the position that they think that we'll reside at the end of the season. Then, we can mock these posters who start panicking when the Swans lose 3 or 4 games in a row in January.

For me, we have a chance to be relegated in any year if beset with a huge swath of critical injuries or if we have horrific additions that don't pan out. However, I believe that annually we should finish somewhere in the middle of the pack (8-12) and that we could poke up in the top 6 if we get breaks and maybe 14th if we don't get breaks.

Relegation Battle on 05:53 - Jul 13 with 4585 viewsParlay

12th

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Relegation Battle on 07:36 - Jul 13 with 4489 viewsbarry_island

17th. Another successful season

Above that anything else is a bonus.

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

Relegation Battle on 07:44 - Jul 13 with 4476 viewsdameedna

10th
Relegation Battle on 07:48 - Jul 13 with 4467 viewsParlay

Relegation Battle on 07:36 - Jul 13 by barry_island

17th. Another successful season

Above that anything else is a bonus.

Behave, but ill bite.

This is our 4th year now and each year has been mid table.

17th without the distraction of Europe and with the players we have would be a seriously underachieving season and will probably cost garry his job.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Relegation Battle on 08:01 - Jul 13 with 4438 viewsJohnw102

13th and FA Cup ¼ final

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Relegation Battle on 08:12 - Jul 13 with 4406 viewsbarry_island

Relegation Battle on 07:48 - Jul 13 by Parlay

Behave, but ill bite.

This is our 4th year now and each year has been mid table.

17th without the distraction of Europe and with the players we have would be a seriously underachieving season and will probably cost garry his job.

I think we're due an underachieving season,if it happens then 17th will do me fine.

Think of the benefits of an underachieving year:

No need to expand the ground;
No one will want any of our players next Summer;
A year of lively debate,panic and "I'll see you outside the Railway" conversations on PS;
Speculation over trips to Bournemouth and Barnsley the next year;
Should we have released Gwion;
Should Welsh speakers have their own singing section;
Would Cockett Jack go in there if it was a safe standing area;
Can we arrange an un spontaneous clap on 41 minutes and 52 minutes for those enjoying their half time pint;
People debating what's happening at Cardiff more than our club and whether Gorseinon is a Fire and Rain stronghold;
Less games getting shifted to a fecking Sunday.

The list could be endless.

Relegation Battle on 08:22 - Jul 13 with 4371 viewsHighjack

I would like a good solid mid table, but if we go making 11 changes for a game against some little diddy league team like Accrington or Cardiff in the cup then I would be disappointed as I think we should be having a go at those competitions.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Relegation Battle on 08:29 - Jul 13 with 4352 viewsbarry_island

We should use the cups to give Fabianski game time

Login to get fewer ads

Relegation Battle on 08:32 - Jul 13 with 4343 viewsRancid

What Parlay said.No Europe to contend with so we should be looking at a top 12 finish and dare I say it higher.
Relegation Battle on 08:34 - Jul 13 with 4330 viewsItchySphincter

11th

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Relegation Battle on 09:06 - Jul 13 with 4268 viewsslate_dk

A year ago I predicted:
"12, because of Europe. But if our luck on the injury side continue we could be as high as 7."

12th it was; no luck on the injury side at all and I did not foresee the collaps of Michu and that it would take so long for Bony to get up to BPL speed. But when he did, oh boy did he save us

At the moment there are to many unknowns:
- which players are in/out... when do the window close this year?
- and Monk still have to convince me; yet to see the tactical change at halftime to turn a game around.

So at the moment I hope for anything above 18th.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2014 9:07]
Relegation Battle on 09:08 - Jul 13 with 4249 viewscrackerjack

11th

"Lead me from tortured dreams Childhood themes of nights alone...."

Relegation Battle on 09:11 - Jul 13 with 4228 viewsRebMegJack

9th and a run in the cups COYS

#livingthedream

Relegation Battle on 09:55 - Jul 13 with 4102 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Relegation Battle on 08:12 - Jul 13 by barry_island

I think we're due an underachieving season,if it happens then 17th will do me fine.

Think of the benefits of an underachieving year:

No need to expand the ground;
No one will want any of our players next Summer;
A year of lively debate,panic and "I'll see you outside the Railway" conversations on PS;
Speculation over trips to Bournemouth and Barnsley the next year;
Should we have released Gwion;
Should Welsh speakers have their own singing section;
Would Cockett Jack go in there if it was a safe standing area;
Can we arrange an un spontaneous clap on 41 minutes and 52 minutes for those enjoying their half time pint;
People debating what's happening at Cardiff more than our club and whether Gorseinon is a Fire and Rain stronghold;
Less games getting shifted to a fecking Sunday.

The list could be endless.

Welcome back Barry, haven't seen you on PS for ages. I think if we get the right AM , RB, CDM , keep Bony and sign Montero plus a couple of good utility players we stand a good chance of being 12th - 14th worst case scenario to 8th-10th best case scenario. An FA cup win and 8th would be a glorious season for us.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Relegation Battle on 09:57 - Jul 13 with 4086 viewsperchrockjack

12th. A very good season is ahead including a FA cup semi final appearance

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Relegation Battle on 10:13 - Jul 13 with 4029 viewslonglostjack

Relegation Battle on 09:57 - Jul 13 by perchrockjack

12th. A very good season is ahead including a FA cup semi final appearance

Top 10 finish, FA Cup winners and Cardiff get relegated again

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Relegation Battle on 10:18 - Jul 13 with 4012 viewsblaine_scfc

12th, good cup run, maybe another Wembley appearance.
Relegation Battle on 10:19 - Jul 13 with 4000 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Relegation Battle on 10:13 - Jul 13 by longlostjack

Top 10 finish, FA Cup winners and Cardiff get relegated again

We could definitely get tickets for their last NPC game. They're extending the stadium to 33k so in theory if you take away the 2000 away fans, 1000 for segregation and 12000 home fans it's possible that 18,000 Jacks could go and enjoy the spectacle. All In red of course.

Relegation Battle on 10:56 - Jul 13 with 3932 viewsbermudajack

Too early to guess as I think there will be lots of ins/outs to be sorted, the key for me is will Bony stay?

With our current squad only I'd say 9th/10th is achievable, (if Monk & the team continues end of last season form)

Lose a few key players though and we could be 14th/15th

Oh... and 2015/16 FA cup winners, (beating Cardiff 3-0 in the 5th round) 😎😎👍😎🍻😜

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Relegation Battle on 11:02 - Jul 13 with 3912 viewsDaithejack

9th and a FA cup semi final.

Poll: Shelvey's Goal, Best Swans goal ever?

Relegation Battle on 11:04 - Jul 13 with 3898 viewsicecoldjack

Agree with above comment.
Impossible to say until we know what squad we have.

If Bony,Michu,Pablo,JDG,Vorm and Davies leave it will need us to bring in high end replacements.

It could be that Gomis has a storming season and we do really well, it could also be that Gomis needs time to adjust.

Maybe we sign Gylfi or somebody else of note ?

Bloody hard to pick a position but if i was pushed,with our current squad as things stand and with Monk in charge id say 14 th to 16 th
Relegation Battle on 11:06 - Jul 13 with 3884 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Relegation Battle on 11:04 - Jul 13 by icecoldjack

Agree with above comment.
Impossible to say until we know what squad we have.

If Bony,Michu,Pablo,JDG,Vorm and Davies leave it will need us to bring in high end replacements.

It could be that Gomis has a storming season and we do really well, it could also be that Gomis needs time to adjust.

Maybe we sign Gylfi or somebody else of note ?

Bloody hard to pick a position but if i was pushed,with our current squad as things stand and with Monk in charge id say 14 th to 16 th

Gomis I don't think will be as prolific as Bony so if Bony goes we'll have to get another striker

Relegation Battle on 11:13 - Jul 13 with 3861 viewsicecoldjack

Relegation Battle on 11:06 - Jul 13 by Brynmill_Jack

Gomis I don't think will be as prolific as Bony so if Bony goes we'll have to get another striker

I agree with you there. I was happy for Wilf to target 10-12 premier league goals on his debut season , id take the same for Gomis.

Goals will make us or break us, we cant keep the ball out of our own net so scoring is vital for us to get points IMO .

The big Question though,was Gomis bought to replace Wilf or to play with him ?

The way things have panned out since the world cup return of Bony is that it looks like his agent is looking to move him on, the 19m figure was put out there and since then its been pretty much non stop stories.
Relegation Battle on 11:25 - Jul 13 with 3822 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Relegation Battle on 11:13 - Jul 13 by icecoldjack

I agree with you there. I was happy for Wilf to target 10-12 premier league goals on his debut season , id take the same for Gomis.

Goals will make us or break us, we cant keep the ball out of our own net so scoring is vital for us to get points IMO .

The big Question though,was Gomis bought to replace Wilf or to play with him ?

The way things have panned out since the world cup return of Bony is that it looks like his agent is looking to move him on, the 19m figure was put out there and since then its been pretty much non stop stories.

I genuinely believe to play with Wilf or to play behind him but not to replace him. The board now realise what a few injuries can do to our season so want to add strength in depth and quality strength in depth at that.

As for leaking goals we still finished with 0 goal difference which in itself was a massive achievement. Our 2 worst defeats were against Man U (Moyes first game) 1-4 and Man City away 3-0. What killed us last year were the amount of 1-0 defeats. Close games but no reward.
We have already improved the GK situation and have 4 capable centre halves. RB needs strengthening but the key position for us is Leon's role, CDM.

If we have Besic playing there and a good RB to complement AR we will have an awesome back 6 unit which by cutting out some of those close 1-0's and turning them to draw and draws into victories we may end up with a points total in the mid to late fifties (obviously depends also on keeping Wilf, buying Montero and a young attacking midfielder by the name of Ravel Morrison).
If we get this window right we will have a very comfortable and enjoyable season.

P.S. If we can't get Besic get Behrahmi from Napoli. Swap Michu for him

Relegation Battle on 11:33 - Jul 13 with 3804 viewsJACKARSE

Relegation Battle on 11:06 - Jul 13 by Brynmill_Jack

We need at least 3 strikers IMO ..... is one of those Donnelly .... I hope not he hasn't played for a season .... he showed good potential but has missed the boat IMO .... I hope we have Bony, Gomis plus one .....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024