Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back 17:30 - Apr 4 with 2163 viewsQPR_ARG

From the living room, anyway.

- Three points. Can't think of a bigger positive from today (even with all the positives we saw).

- Thank goodness we were as clinical in that first half because that ref...let me tell you about that ref: 2 penalties (for handball) not given, a clear foul on Yun from Berahino that almost led to them scoring an easy header (Ideye or Anichebe, I don't remember). A yellow for Barton just for "possession of surname". Every little 50-50 challenge, he gave them their way. Lucky we were as clinical, as I said. Otherwise...

- Terrible start. Ten minutes or so of NOTHING FOOTBALL. No closing down, no passing to team-mates, no idea how to get forward. Eduardo's beauty kind of settled our nerves and put the pressure on WBA, but up to that point I was really worried thinking where the fück were we going to get a scoring opportunity from.

- The goals we're scoring! We could get relegated all the way down to the Conference, but this season...just how many goal of the season contenders? Charlie's back-heel at Chelsea. Bobby's strikes at Sunderland and the beauty he scored today. Matty Phillips at Palace. We score a few, but a very good few!

- Relegation battle wide open. Always has, but look at it now. With us and Leicester winning. Hull and Villa losing. We are heading to Villa Park knowing a win will put us above Villa on goal difference (when 95 minutes ago, we were trailing them by 6 pts!). All to play for with Burnley and Sunderland tomorrow, but here's hoping.

- Despite suffering at 1-3 for most of the second half, I liked the way we controlled the last few minutes of the game. Nice passages of possession and a well-fought goal near the end to seal it. We need to play with intelligence. All of our remaining games.

- Eduardo Vargas. Playing out of position once again, but we need him. And I don't like what I saw from that knee. Turned and stayed there. Tried to jog the pain off, but had to ask to be substituted. I hate it, but it reminds me of the last knee injury suffered by Ale. Reports from those at the ground were encouraging. They were saying he was walking around and doing some exercises and that it looked like he dodged a bullet but 24 hours later, we knew what the verdict was. I really don't like what I saw of Eduardo's injury, but here's hoping. We could do with dodging another fatal blow to one of our best player's health before the end of this horrible season.

Vamos QPR! We're still in this!
Just back on 18:43 - Apr 4 with 1954 viewsderbyhoop

Been home 20 minutes and it took 25 to get back to the car. Great result, fantastic feeling, Happy Easter to all.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Just back on 22:11 - Apr 4 with 1774 viewsrsonist

"Terrible start. Ten minutes or so of NOTHING FOOTBALL. No closing down, no passing to team-mates, no idea how to get forward. Eduardo's beauty kind of settled our nerves and put the pressure on WBA, but up to that point I was really worried "

The team's psychology has been a running theme for a few seasons now I feel. Obviously in any match there will be variations in cageyness and comfort but with us the transformations have been consistently drastic, dysfunctionally so compared to anyone else in the league. They're a high strung emotional rollercoaster basically - surprisingly capable football when tails are up, inconceivably sloppy when depressed, and the smallest things are likely to provoke a switch between the two. This is what you get with Hughes and Redknapp both instilling individualistic blame cultures with no larger system to believe in.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2015 22:12]
Just back on 22:16 - Apr 4 with 1751 viewsOnlyHereForTheNiko

I saw Vargas leaving on crutches. I hope they were precautionary.

Someone I spoke to said that Yun left in an ambulance (don't know if true). Was he concussed?
Just back on 22:30 - Apr 4 with 1719 viewsPunteR

Without trying to put a negative spin on such a brilliant score line,i still thought we switched off at the wrong times and potentially let WBA get back in the game.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

wow on 22:44 - Apr 4 with 1677 viewsdoubled

watched game good score line but we were flttered by a poor first half performance if theyed turned up who knows caulker was shaky along with most of the defence anichabie came on no one man marked him lets see what we get against villa
Just back on 00:57 - Apr 5 with 1521 viewsJuzzie

With such a fragile defence, 'attack is the best form of defence' is a must.
For a lot of last season our defence worked their socks off getting little protection from players further upfield.
Now, those players upfield have got to work thier socks off in the remaining games to take the pressure off the defence.
Just back on 01:50 - Apr 5 with 1474 viewsQPR_ARG

Just back on 00:57 - Apr 5 by Juzzie

With such a fragile defence, 'attack is the best form of defence' is a must.
For a lot of last season our defence worked their socks off getting little protection from players further upfield.
Now, those players upfield have got to work thier socks off in the remaining games to take the pressure off the defence.

I agree with that point. I would also point out that we have been overlooking our talented players for a lot more than it is healthy for our football team. Instead, we have tried over and over again to use "soldiers" rather than "mavericks" or skillful players.

Vargas spending all that time he spent on the bench and even out of the squad (when he wasn't injured) has always seemed to me to be a crime.

Now we're probably going to miss him for the rest of the season and we're running out of talent with Zarate back at West Ham and Adel nowhere near (seemingly) match-fit.

This is, of course, a logic consequence of Harry's disgraceful 2 years and a bit at the club. Nobody can deny that.

Tuesday is when our season lives or die, I'm afraid. If we don't rely on our talented players...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024