Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bony coming back maybe? 20:48 - May 16 with 6845 viewsandrew

http://websta.me/n/w.bony

Scroll down to picture of him Wayne and Leon, and what it says.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Bony coming back maybe? on 20:52 - May 16 with 3778 viewsNeathJack

It was posted on Saturday and it says "See you soon".

He saw them the following day.

Nothing to see here.
Bony coming back maybe? on 20:52 - May 16 with 3773 viewsbuilthjack

Hope they are not his bodyguards

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Bony coming back maybe? on 20:52 - May 16 with 3767 viewsDarran

Looks like a 'done deal' to me.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Bony coming back maybe? on 20:59 - May 16 with 3719 viewsjedijack

I don't post rumours I hear on here usually, but fekk it.

Was told today, by somebody with a bit of form for such things, that Bony has been offered back to us for 20M. 12M spend with 8M owing from the original debt.

It could be a load of old balls, but I certainly hope it's not, personally.
Bony coming back maybe? on 21:01 - May 16 with 3691 viewsjack247

Bony coming back maybe? on 20:59 - May 16 by jedijack

I don't post rumours I hear on here usually, but fekk it.

Was told today, by somebody with a bit of form for such things, that Bony has been offered back to us for 20M. 12M spend with 8M owing from the original debt.

It could be a load of old balls, but I certainly hope it's not, personally.

I think they would sell for less than that. Whether he would come back here or we could meet his demands is another thing
Bony coming back maybe? on 21:05 - May 16 with 3649 viewsMolliemick

When he left it was all about Champios League. He hardly had a kick. He needs ten chances per goal. I do not think we want him back since he will clear off again when he gets an opportunity.
Bony coming back maybe? on 21:09 - May 16 with 3613 viewsjack247

Bony coming back maybe? on 21:05 - May 16 by Molliemick

When he left it was all about Champios League. He hardly had a kick. He needs ten chances per goal. I do not think we want him back since he will clear off again when he gets an opportunity.

Thing is, he creates 7 of those 10 himself. I don't think he is coming back, but let's not pretend he was shit for us.
Bony coming back maybe? on 21:10 - May 16 with 3610 viewsmonmouth

Someone told me his opening gambit was 100K per week. I have no comment on this.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Bony coming back maybe? on 21:14 - May 16 with 3572 viewsmorningstar

Bony coming back maybe? on 21:01 - May 16 by jack247

I think they would sell for less than that. Whether he would come back here or we could meet his demands is another thing

I'm sorry, but i don't want him back here. The last thing we need to do right now is spend £20m (because that is effectively what the fee will be thereabouts) on a player who blew his chance at the big time!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Bony coming back maybe? on 21:19 - May 16 with 3519 viewsjack247

Bony coming back maybe? on 21:14 - May 16 by morningstar

I'm sorry, but i don't want him back here. The last thing we need to do right now is spend £20m (because that is effectively what the fee will be thereabouts) on a player who blew his chance at the big time!

I'm surprised G. I don't think he will cost near £20m and don't think he will want to come back anyway, but I'd take him in an instant.

Siggy blew his shot at the big(gish) time
Bony coming back maybe? on 21:19 - May 16 with 3520 viewspikeypaul

Bony coming back maybe? on 21:05 - May 16 by Molliemick

The only way he will clear off once he gets the chance has you put it is if he is very successful on his return and we would all be happy with that.If he is then to go we would be making money on the deal and have benefited from his success on the field.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Bony coming back maybe? on 21:23 - May 16 with 3489 viewsmax936

Bony coming back maybe? on 21:14 - May 16 by morningstar

This maybe a slight exaggeration, but I'd sign Joey Allen before Bony all-day long, the midfield is an area where we need his quality, don't get me wrong we do need a striker, sort out a decent dominating CB probably a decent right and left full back a winger and a Striker, both Joey and Bony would be brilliant signings, but if its got to be one or t'other its Joey for me.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Bony coming back maybe? on 21:25 - May 16 with 3466 viewsmorningstar

Bony coming back maybe? on 21:19 - May 16 by jack247

I'm surprised G. I don't think he will cost near £20m and don't think he will want to come back anyway, but I'd take him in an instant.

Siggy blew his shot at the big(gish) time

They still owe us £9.3m Tim. Do you think they'll let him come back here and call it quits? Siggy has never had delusions of granduer. Bony has always believed he is Champions league material, maybe he is, but not with us.

Bony coming back maybe? on 21:27 - May 16 with 3456 viewsmorningstar

Bony coming back maybe? on 21:23 - May 16 by max936

This maybe a slight exaggeration, but I'd sign Joey Allen before Bony all-day long, the midfield is an area where we need his quality, don't get me wrong we do need a striker, sort out a decent dominating CB probably a decent right and left full back a winger and a Striker, both Joey and Bony would be brilliant signings, but if its got to be one or t'other its Joey for me.

So would i Max. Local boy comes home rather than someone who has no real bond with us or the area coming back because he failed somewhere else.

Bony coming back maybe? on 21:29 - May 16 with 3431 viewslondonlisa2001

Bony coming back maybe? on 21:19 - May 16 by pikeypaul

The only way he will clear off once he gets the chance has you put it is if he is very successful on his return and we would all be happy with that.If he is then to go we would be making money on the deal and have benefited from his success on the field.

I don't think we should continue being so happy when players go elsewhere.

Players using us as a stepping stone (a) don't care as much if it starts to go wrong and (b) we don't ever have the continuity to build a team if we are constantly changing. I know it happens to an extent because of where we are in the league, but the only way we'll progress is by trying to build and add rather than replace.

Also Bony would be too old to demand a large fee after another 2 years with us and he has already shown he doesn't quite cut it at that level, so I think £20m could be better spent however good he was for us.
Bony coming back maybe? on 21:29 - May 16 with 3427 viewsbuilthjack

Bony coming back maybe? on 21:25 - May 16 by morningstar

They still owe us £9.3m Tim. Do you think they'll let him come back here and call it quits? Siggy has never had delusions of granduer. Bony has always believed he is Champions league material, maybe he is, but not with us.

Buy him, then loan him to TNS for a fortnight. He can have Champions League then.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Bony coming back maybe? on 21:33 - May 16 with 3393 viewsjack247

No, but I don't think it will take £11m on top. That's essentially the same as selling him for £20m to someone else and still owing us the £9.3m. No-one is going to pay that for him, his value must have dropped a lot in the last 18 months.

Siggy would have gone to City as would any of our squad, most of them probably see us as stepping stone if they do well. The only difference is Bony openly said it not long after he joined. If you want to avoid players not having ambitions beyond playing for Swansea, we have to sign players who know we are the best they can hope to achieve.
Bony coming back maybe? on 21:33 - May 16 with 3388 viewsPozuelosSideys

Bony
Gylfi
Montero Barrow

Nom nom. Not happening though

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Bony coming back maybe? on 21:34 - May 16 with 3382 viewspencoedjack

You really believe Gylfi wouldn't have done what Wilf did ?

I am sure (correctly) Gylfi knows he is good enough to play for a top CL club.
Bony coming back maybe? on 21:39 - May 16 with 3336 viewspikeypaul

Bony coming back maybe? on 21:29 - May 16 by londonlisa2001

I don't think we should continue being so happy when players go elsewhere.

Players using us as a stepping stone (a) don't care as much if it starts to go wrong and (b) we don't ever have the continuity to build a team if we are constantly changing. I know it happens to an extent because of where we are in the league, but the only way we'll progress is by trying to build and add rather than replace.

Also Bony would be too old to demand a large fee after another 2 years with us and he has already shown he doesn't quite cut it at that level, so I think £20m could be better spent however good he was for us.

I would love it if successful players with us were never interested in moving to bigger and richer clubs,but we need to be realistic and accept it will always be the case.
Bony has shown he can do a good job for us although he has been a big disappointment at Man City.
The point I was making was the only way other top teams would be interested in the future was if he started banging them in again for us for a season or two and I for one would be happy to see that.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Bony coming back maybe? on 21:41 - May 16 with 3319 viewsmorningstar

Bony coming back maybe? on 21:33 - May 16 by jack247

No, but I don't think it will take £11m on top. That's essentially the same as selling him for £20m to someone else and still owing us the £9.3m. No-one is going to pay that for him, his value must have dropped a lot in the last 18 months.

Siggy would have gone to City as would any of our squad, most of them probably see us as stepping stone if they do well. The only difference is Bony openly said it not long after he joined. If you want to avoid players not having ambitions beyond playing for Swansea, we have to sign players who know we are the best they can hope to achieve.

I don't want to split hairs here Tim, but bringing Wilfried Bony back to Swansea will blow our budget to the max, and no I certainly do not have a problem with players coming to us in order to make the next step, it's just that once they've made that step bye bye. I don't think we should be taking them back once they've failed at the 'next level'!

Bony coming back maybe? on 21:44 - May 16 with 3300 viewsmorningstar

Bony coming back maybe? on 21:34 - May 16 by pencoedjack

You really believe Gylfi wouldn't have done what Wilf did ?

I am sure (correctly) Gylfi knows he is good enough to play for a top CL club.

Is this thread about Gylfi? No, it's about Wilfied Bony. I don't want him back. Do you?

Bony coming back maybe? on 21:45 - May 16 with 3292 viewslondonlisa2001

Bony coming back maybe? on 21:39 - May 16 by pikeypaul

I would love it if successful players with us were never interested in moving to bigger and richer clubs,but we need to be realistic and accept it will always be the case.
Bony has shown he can do a good job for us although he has been a big disappointment at Man City.
The point I was making was the only way other top teams would be interested in the future was if he started banging them in again for us for a season or two and I for one would be happy to see that.

I agree in general but I don't think he'll get another move to the top clubs in this country at least.

I just don't think we're big enough that we can pay £20m for a player that we're unlikely to get a big resale on. I'd rather we spent it (or £15m or whatever) on a 22 / 23 year old who wants to move to the Premier League and can stay with us for 2 or 3 years before we sell them for £30m.

Easier said than done I'm sure.
Bony coming back maybe? on 21:46 - May 16 with 3276 viewsPozuelosSideys

Bony coming back maybe? on 21:45 - May 16 by londonlisa2001

I agree in general but I don't think he'll get another move to the top clubs in this country at least.

I just don't think we're big enough that we can pay £20m for a player that we're unlikely to get a big resale on. I'd rather we spent it (or £15m or whatever) on a 22 / 23 year old who wants to move to the Premier League and can stay with us for 2 or 3 years before we sell them for £30m.

Easier said than done I'm sure.

Also comes with sizeable risk

We did well with Bony first time around. We know he can do the job. The next one we spend that sort of cash on we may not be so fortunate

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Bony coming back maybe? on 21:46 - May 16 with 3263 viewsjack247

Bony coming back maybe? on 21:41 - May 16 by morningstar

I don't want to split hairs here Tim, but bringing Wilfried Bony back to Swansea will blow our budget to the max, and no I certainly do not have a problem with players coming to us in order to make the next step, it's just that once they've made that step bye bye. I don't think we should be taking them back once they've failed at the 'next level'!

Yeah mate, I've said earlier in the thread I don't think we could meet his demands (though I do think we could meet City's). Have to agree to disagree on the rest of it. I had no problem with Siggy coming back and finances permitting I'd have no problem with Bony or Allen (or hypothetically Ben Davies) doing it either.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024