Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fake fans 08:07 - May 10 with 3832 viewsMouggy93

Wondering how may season tickets going next season that will show who the real Fans are
Fake fans on 09:28 - May 10 with 3727 viewsswanjackal

I gave mine up two seasons back, after slowly falling out of love with both the game itself and the Swans after over 25 years of being a season ticket holder. I said to Cardiff supporting mates years back that if we became a plaything to foreign "investors" like they had with Tan, then it would kill off my fanaticism for supporting the club, and I would not be able to bring myself to go anymore. And since the takeover I have not gone. To be honest, outside the novelty of the first season in the Prem League, have been very "Meh!" about football in the last few seasons, and that included the League Cup win.

Still follow the results and watch games on the net (although this will be less next season) but no longer have the depressive feeling for a couple of days after a loss, and the certain relegation of this season has not even caused a blip on my mood, which in itself is the only thing that saddens me.

At least those with a season ticket for next season have better value of having 4 more games to attend, and a more traditional fixture set up of more regular 3 pm Saturday games and Tuesday night matches. Don't forget the possibility of more Friday night matches too. So not all negatives

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Fake fans on 12:02 - May 10 with 3612 viewsMouggy93

Fake fans on 09:28 - May 10 by swanjackal

I gave mine up two seasons back, after slowly falling out of love with both the game itself and the Swans after over 25 years of being a season ticket holder. I said to Cardiff supporting mates years back that if we became a plaything to foreign "investors" like they had with Tan, then it would kill off my fanaticism for supporting the club, and I would not be able to bring myself to go anymore. And since the takeover I have not gone. To be honest, outside the novelty of the first season in the Prem League, have been very "Meh!" about football in the last few seasons, and that included the League Cup win.

Still follow the results and watch games on the net (although this will be less next season) but no longer have the depressive feeling for a couple of days after a loss, and the certain relegation of this season has not even caused a blip on my mood, which in itself is the only thing that saddens me.

At least those with a season ticket for next season have better value of having 4 more games to attend, and a more traditional fixture set up of more regular 3 pm Saturday games and Tuesday night matches. Don't forget the possibility of more Friday night matches too. So not all negatives

Fair enough I cant argue with that. I just meant the people that will now not support because we might go down its just a sad sight to behold.

ID like Martinez back if he decides to leave Belgium.
Fake fans on 13:23 - May 10 with 3515 viewsAguycalledJack

A mate of mine in work is interested in purchasing a season ticket now that we are in the championship.

He became disillusioned with Premiere League football.
Fake fans on 13:34 - May 10 with 3487 viewsswanforthemoney

Attendances will hold up well next season, I think. Its what happens on and off the pitch next season could see our attendances slip back to about 12 - 15 k the season after.
I hope it will bring in the younger supporters who may have been squeezed out over the last 7 years as they become old enough to buy their own tickets but may have been thwarted by availability issues.

I stand in the North Stand

Fake fans on 16:39 - May 10 with 3336 viewsgosfordjack

I gave up my my season ticket for the same reasons as swanjackal. I refuse to finance a foreign hedge fund and until all the sell outs leave i will not set foot in the Liberty.
Money & greed has ruined the beautiful game, and that includes overpaid mercenary players who are stealing a living.
Most fans are being conned every week by the hype and lazy journalism being written in the tabloids. happy to watch from the outside
Fake fans on 19:03 - May 10 with 3140 viewsdickythorpe

I'll be able to see more.games.now!!!
Fake fans on 20:31 - May 10 with 3024 viewslonglostjack

Fake fans on 12:02 - May 10 by Mouggy93

Fair enough I cant argue with that. I just meant the people that will now not support because we might go down its just a sad sight to behold.

ID like Martinez back if he decides to leave Belgium.

The last person I'd want back is Martinez. No need to offer him a springboard to salvage his reputation.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Fake fans on 20:57 - May 10 with 2977 viewsPacemaker

My son had given up his ST last year as he bought a house. Tried to buy one for next season was told he was on list but 2k in front of him.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Login to get fewer ads

Fake fans on 22:17 - May 10 with 2880 viewspencoedjack

Fake fans on 20:57 - May 10 by Pacemaker

My son had given up his ST last year as he bought a house. Tried to buy one for next season was told he was on list but 2k in front of him.

I had a phone call last night asking if I wanted one I only joined the waiting list a month ago ( I have 1 but I joined for a Mate)
Fake fans on 22:46 - May 10 with 2826 viewsjackharris

Fake fans on 20:57 - May 10 by Pacemaker

I hardly ever renewed before I wanted to renew, sometimes in March but the last few seasons I have renewed by putting my name down on the waiting list and getting a call in the summer to renew. I was phoned last Saturday and renewed in the East Stand Lower on the halfway line. I’m actually excited about next season. This season was pathetic. My hopes are for...

A new manager ✔️
New Chairman and vice chair
New players suited to this league

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Fake fans on 23:12 - May 10 with 2800 viewsTreforys_Jack

Fake fans on 09:28 - May 10 by swanjackal

This sums up my feelings as well, It used to ruin my weekend if we lost, now it's a shrug and off to get a Chinese. I'm still passionate and want to win when I'm there, however i rarely watch a game on tv, never watch MOTD and got zero interest in the world cup. Mrs Treforys describes it as I'm cured.
Fake fans on 07:01 - May 11 with 2653 viewsscottishjack

Fake fans on 13:23 - May 10 by AguycalledJack

A mate of mine in work is interested in purchasing a season ticket now that we are in the championship.

That’s exactly where I’m at, gave mine up 2 years ago through a mixture of work commitments at the time, but I can’t say I was enjoying the Premier League...

It’ll sound bizarre but a part of me is looking forward to a more level playing field next season... and if I can’t get a season ticket, then getting a ticket after my rota is published isn’t going to be a massive ball ache anymore...
Fake fans on 09:09 - May 11 with 2565 viewsItchySphincter

Fake fans on 13:23 - May 10 by AguycalledJack

I can completely understand that.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024