Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oz go out 18:16 - Jan 25 with 2408 viewsNorthernr

Luongo home in time for Wigan A.
Oz go out on 18:21 - Jan 25 with 2387 viewsPinnerPaul

Hoorah!

Sorry any Aussie Rs out there!
Oz go out on 19:25 - Jan 25 with 2253 viewseastside_r

UAE!!!!!
Oz go out on 20:06 - Jan 25 with 2189 viewsstevec

And he’s had a four week holiday so should be raring to go
Oz go out on 21:53 - Jan 25 with 2069 viewsozranger

Yes, Luongo will be back. However, considering the amount of game time he was given - 188mins out of a total of 480 with only 9mins in the knockout stage, one wonders again what his mind is like. I would not be surprised if he considers retiring from the National team owing to being neglected with worse players taking his place. He was player of the tournament in the 2015 version of this event and yet has now been seen by the current hierarchy as not good enough.

So, how will he react? Will Mass have his head screwed on when we travel to the DW next Saturday? Or will he sulk like he did after the WC and take a good few games to get back to his previous self? I do hope the eight days in between will be enough for SM to drag him back to earth as the old triumvirate of Scowen, Luongo and Freeman may be just what is needed to get this team back on the winning track in the league.
Oz go out on 22:28 - Jan 25 with 2015 viewsHoopsie

Australia got kicking at all in this Asian cup and we could sense that we were on our way out Luongo has barely featured and I wondered if his inclusion would make us any better? To lose to a defensive lapse is very poor and I wondered if they have seen China’s defeat to Iran to learn a trick or two? It would not be the fact that Luongo is playing in the English second tier that he was not in the starting eleven as the Aussie squad is littered with players from minor leagues (as in not the European top leagues) including A-League. Surely he’s in a league that is the 6th most competively in the world? I am just justifying that Luongo need to look for a better club than us QPR to rekindle his national team aspirations. Someone in the Socceroos establishment just doesn’t fancy our lad

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

Oz go out on 22:32 - Jan 25 with 2006 viewsHoopsie

Sorry in a hurry, “Australia NEVER got kicking” and “Luongo NEED NOT look for another club”

Oz go out on 22:53 - Jan 25 with 1966 viewsNorthernr

Reading through the Twitter comments after his appearance in one of the early games the locals seem to not rate him at all. Given how shafted he was at the World Cup, put up for all the publicity and then never picked, and now this just as he was rediscovering his QPR form right in the middle of the season you do start to wonder whether he might just give it the finger.

I know some on here still don't see it with him, but watching our midfield v Preston while he was away will hopefully bring a few more into the fold.
Oz go out on 23:07 - Jan 25 with 1939 viewsHoopsie

Luongo was never in the Socceroos set up since the World Cup and this has been apparent with the past and present coaches. Don’t think that is going to change any time soon especially we see how many new players introduced to the squad with players of Australian roots by descent, that hibs striker and others

Login to get fewer ads

Oz go out on 23:16 - Jan 25 with 1926 viewscaliforniahoop

Oz go out on 22:53 - Jan 25 by Northernr

Reading through the Twitter comments after his appearance in one of the early games the locals seem to not rate him at all. Given how shafted he was at the World Cup, put up for all the publicity and then never picked, and now this just as he was rediscovering his QPR form right in the middle of the season you do start to wonder whether he might just give it the finger.

I know some on here still don't see it with him, but watching our midfield v Preston while he was away will hopefully bring a few more into the fold.

Let’s hope he learnt from the last disappointment and recovers quickly this time, I think he should think of calling it a day and focus on his club form.
Oz go out on 23:41 - Jan 25 with 1892 viewsBoston

Waltzing Matilda, waltzing Matilda....

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Oz go out on 08:51 - Jan 26 with 1649 viewsDejR_vu

Never been Luongo’s biggest fan, in fact i’ve always thought he’s a bit overrated. But, the last few games have been an eye-opener, we’ve missed him badly.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Oz go out on 08:57 - Jan 26 with 1639 viewsToast_R

In his last interview before he f*cked off, he sounded like he was very much a patriot to the cause and loved playing for his country. Can't blame him I suppose, they won it last time so a chance to get medals before he's done.
Oz go out on 10:25 - Jan 26 with 1559 viewsstevec

He’s been better this season, especially when Cameron is directing the orchestra, but he’s always struck me as a player who fills a hole and suspect it wouldn’t be too difficult to find someone cheap who filled the hole better.

Half the Preston midfield you mention for a start.
Oz go out on 10:29 - Jan 26 with 1553 viewsLblock

So a training camp (others allowed to continue playing for clubs), then 4 weeks at a tournament where he hardly played and a journey back....will be change the habit of a lifetime or still be poor for about 3 weeks after return?

Hope Manning plays and has a blinder today
Cousins won’t displace Mass

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Oz go out on 11:14 - Jan 26 with 1523 viewsisawqpratwcity

No prophet is accepted in his home town. From 2015 Asian Cup POTT and Ballon d'Or nominee to fringe sub, Mass has been an outcast since Postecoglou went, and Australia have been shit.

Football Federation of Australia is too busy trying to sort out it's own management problems to be able to find a decent manager for the national team. F*ck 'em. F*ck 'em all.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Oz go out on 13:09 - Jan 26 with 1437 viewstimcocking

Phew
Oz go out on 17:38 - Jan 26 with 1279 viewsTGRRRSSS

At least Jet Lag shouldnt be an issue as it was in the UAE and as he didnt play too much could almost be like a warm weather change of scene, as for his international future, Australia and elsewhwhere where they play regularly (mostly) is a long way to sit on the bench constantly and get a few minutes here and there.
Oz go out on 17:47 - Jan 26 with 1262 viewstraininvain

Oz go out on 10:29 - Jan 26 by Lblock

So a training camp (others allowed to continue playing for clubs), then 4 weeks at a tournament where he hardly played and a journey back....will be change the habit of a lifetime or still be poor for about 3 weeks after return?

Hope Manning plays and has a blinder today
Cousins won’t displace Mass

Not much chance of Manning displacing Luongo any time soon after that performance.

The sooner we get Cameron and Luongo back in the team the better.
Oz go out on 17:49 - Jan 26 with 1256 viewsTGRRRSSS

Give Manning time to settle back in at the club and everything, he's still young and could well still be a star of the future - I hope.

Cameron's been brilliant though it's true.
Oz go out on 17:51 - Jan 26 with 1249 viewstraininvain

I’m not convinced by Manning but I hope he proves me wrong.
Oz go out on 20:24 - Jan 26 with 1152 viewsjonno

Oz go out on 10:25 - Jan 26 by stevec

He’s been better this season, especially when Cameron is directing the orchestra, but he’s always struck me as a player who fills a hole and suspect it wouldn’t be too difficult to find someone cheap who filled the hole better.

Half the Preston midfield you mention for a start.

Luongo isn't brilliant but he's better than most of our other midfield players. We've probably missed Cameron more though.
Oz go out on 22:54 - Jan 26 with 1065 viewsbrokenframe1982

Great stuff.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024