Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
An open letter to Andrew Kelly 09:36 - Jul 3 with 42183 viewsColDale

With all the issues that have taken place this year, Dale fans have never associated yourself with any of that. You can see that with your re-election vote at the AGM where 95% of supporters voted in favour of you. You are not seen in the same light as Bottomley and Rawlinson. Dale supporters know you for what you are — a proper Rochdale bloke who loves both the Club and the town.

Arguably, you’ve been the one constant at the Club in the past twenty years, the one constant through the most successful time in our 114 year history and from my dealings with you, I am well aware of all the work you have done that doesn’t reach the public domain — whether that be your work with the academy, or your work with both Hilly and Flicker throughout that time. This club would not be what it is had you not been involved.

We’re Rochdale, we’ve always been different. We’ve never had an owner in modern history. The likes of Cannon have tried but there’s been a Rochdale way that has seen us shine since the dark days of the 80’s where we almost dropped into non league. That Rochdale way has led to a succession of hard working individuals acting in the best interests of the Club — you as much as any of them — and that has seen us survive and prosper.

We’ve not had the debts of other clubs, we’ve not gone into admin unlike every other EFL club in the area. We’ve had the stadium rebuilt into what it is today, we’ve had the most successful time on the field in our entire history, and we’ve been a benchmark for every other club to follow. That’s come on your watch.

This weekend is the most important weekend in the history of the Club.

By the end of this weekend, we might be in a position where we have a single owner or pair of owners. That fantastic video that the club put out about “This is my club” that got me all emotional might need remaking.

What do we know about them? Practically nothing — one comes from Essex seems to have no trail whatsoever which carries it own set of red flags and the other comes from Worksop with a history in housing developments.

But we are at the stage where they are close to getting the keys to the club.

What else do we know? Well I believe that they’d already shown an interest and you’d knocked it back. They weren’t good enough for the club a few months ago, so why now?

We know we disagreed about MH and whether that was in the best interests of the club, but if MH wasn’t the answer, why are we going with people who were dismissed as tyre kickers previously?

You can understand the others for selling to them. They’ve not got the history you have, despite their claims. They’ve never been here for most of their lives, they’ve never put their own money in year after year. They are not what we would call proper Rochdale people. You are. You’ve always been “What can I do for this club?” rather than “What’s in it for me” and that is why you are so respected within the town/

I implore you not to sell your shares in the Club, and if you do there are alternatives that protect the best interests of the Football Club and give you the legacy that you richly deserve. You’ve done your time and nobody can blame you for wanting to enjoy your retirement. You’ve done far more than any of the rest of us would do, but there’s one thing left to do that will protect the Club you love and have done so much for.
An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 15:34 - Jul 4 with 4400 viewsThreeLions

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 02:59 - Jul 4 by ThreeLions

It's too late Curran and Rose have the necessary amount of shares needed to take over the club. I'm done with it. Whoever sold out to them you are shisters. RIP RAFC

Never have I been so happy for a change in direction in such a short amount of time. I'm so bloody happy this was wrong now
An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 15:35 - Jul 4 with 4378 viewsTomRAFC

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 15:23 - Jul 4 by Shun

My post a couple of hours ago clearly fell on deaf ears!

The phrase "in the know" and "in the loop" are two different things.

I'm neither and the suspense is killing me but I'd rather wait and get correct information.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 15:36 - Jul 4 with 4364 viewsThreeLions

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 15:23 - Jul 4 by Shun

My post a couple of hours ago clearly fell on deaf ears!

Take a deep breath and wait for confirmation. But things are looking a lot better than late last night.
An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 15:46 - Jul 4 with 4228 viewsalderleydale

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 15:24 - Jul 4 by SuddenLad

Jesus, Joseph, Mary and the wee donkey. Supporting this club is like riding the worlds' most tortuous roller-coaster.

Every twist and turn brings a new and unexpected emotion. As long as it arrives safely at the right destination, all's well.

Ffs Sudden please make a phone call
This is having a terrible affect on my failing health
An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 15:49 - Jul 4 with 4155 viewselectricblue

John McGreal 2nd fav for the Dale job.........
Ex Swindon Town manager.

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 16:03 - Jul 4 with 3947 viewsStourdale

Is it possible funds from the Cloughie estate have been used to save the club and purchase AK’s shares?
An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 16:07 - Jul 4 with 3876 viewsTomRAFC

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 16:03 - Jul 4 by Stourdale

Is it possible funds from the Cloughie estate have been used to save the club and purchase AK’s shares?

If A.K. hasn't sold, I'm sure enough donations could be made to the trust to fund the purchase.

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 16:11 - Jul 4 with 3851 viewsrochedale

Can someone explain what is happening please? It’s all very cryptic. Where’s the info coming from?

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Login to get fewer ads

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 16:14 - Jul 4 with 3798 viewsD_Alien

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 16:07 - Jul 4 by TomRAFC

If A.K. hasn't sold, I'm sure enough donations could be made to the trust to fund the purchase.

Hmm... depends on what he's willing to sell for and that could be in relation to what he's been offered by those seeking to take control. I doubt it'll have been £2 a share...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 16:21 - Jul 4 with 3693 viewsBarrowdale

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 16:14 - Jul 4 by D_Alien

Hmm... depends on what he's willing to sell for and that could be in relation to what he's been offered by those seeking to take control. I doubt it'll have been £2 a share...

We really need an official explanation from the club TOMORROW.
Clearly some people have info that the majority dont but until I know
My visit to buy our 3 sc’s planned for tomorrow is on hold and I guess i’m not the only one.
Lets hop our club is safe and if turns out have DB’s prints on the sh itshow then i’ll throw myself on my sword and admit he properly twirled me!
An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 16:25 - Jul 4 with 3644 viewsseasidedale

I may be a bit niave with regards Twitter ect, but where are we getting the info from that Jarvis, Curran ect have got enough shares
An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 16:26 - Jul 4 with 3625 viewsSuddenLad

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 15:46 - Jul 4 by alderleydale

Ffs Sudden please make a phone call
This is having a terrible affect on my failing health

'Three Lions' sums it up adequately.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 16:29 - Jul 4 with 3564 viewsJames1980

Is it too late to prevent the other AK's shares being transferred?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 16:31 - Jul 4 with 3543 views1907

Bottomley needs to pay what he’s done to our club.

The scumbag needs to be held accountable, no slinking off into the sunset.
An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 17:45 - Jul 4 with 3044 viewsBrierls

Thank you for doing the right thing, Andrew!

For other shareholders that have agreed to sell their shares, but have not yet completed the transfer, I ask that you cancel that sale. There will be buyers who are Dale fans or have an affiliation or affection for the club and town. Sell to them and avoid a situation where your name and reputation is forever tarnished by actions that put the immediate future of the club at risk.
An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 17:53 - Jul 4 with 2957 viewsSuddenLad

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 17:45 - Jul 4 by Brierls

Thank you for doing the right thing, Andrew!

For other shareholders that have agreed to sell their shares, but have not yet completed the transfer, I ask that you cancel that sale. There will be buyers who are Dale fans or have an affiliation or affection for the club and town. Sell to them and avoid a situation where your name and reputation is forever tarnished by actions that put the immediate future of the club at risk.

Amen to that...

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 18:06 - Jul 4 with 2820 viewsfermin

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 16:11 - Jul 4 by rochedale

Can someone explain what is happening please? It’s all very cryptic. Where’s the info coming from?

Likewise for me. About day ago it seemed there was news about internet conmen trying to 'buy' shares (I had an email from the club about this the other day) and now I log on to see a thread about Andrew Kelly being asked to save the club from some more dodgy chancers and all sorts of stuff about someone called Mandy. Where has all this info about shares being transferred come from and what has Andrew Kelly said recently?
An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 20:07 - Jul 4 with 2224 viewsboromat

Sounds like a rollercoaster of a day and I'm still not quite sure what situation we find ourselves in. I get the feeling now that A.Kelly is confirmed to not be selling his shares and this hopefully means any overall majority can not be held by the incoming parasites. What I'm more unsure of is if that also means any other private transactions have therefore also broke down or they've still bought shares in the club and are a major shareholder.

Intrigued to see what communication comes out of the club and Trust tomorrow.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 20:34 - Jul 4 with 2054 viewskel

I received a veiled threat on Twitter today by somebody who seems to be very much in support of the named people sniffing around the club. They deleted it rather quickly but not before I got a screenshot. As I’ve said previously many times, the internet always remembers so it’s in the hands of GMP now.

Must be my lucky weekend for threats over the internet.
An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 20:37 - Jul 4 with 2021 viewsboromat

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 20:34 - Jul 4 by kel

I received a veiled threat on Twitter today by somebody who seems to be very much in support of the named people sniffing around the club. They deleted it rather quickly but not before I got a screenshot. As I’ve said previously many times, the internet always remembers so it’s in the hands of GMP now.

The Terry Mccrypto account by any chance? That account has now been deleted.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 20:38 - Jul 4 with 2012 viewsTVOS1907

kal

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 20:38 - Jul 4 with 2010 viewskel

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 20:37 - Jul 4 by boromat

The Terry Mccrypto account by any chance? That account has now been deleted.

Yes. Silly boy didn’t do it in time though.
An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 20:42 - Jul 4 with 1965 viewskel

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 20:38 - Jul 4 by TVOS1907

kal

Kav
An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 20:44 - Jul 4 with 1946 viewsBrierls

An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 20:07 - Jul 4 by boromat

Sounds like a rollercoaster of a day and I'm still not quite sure what situation we find ourselves in. I get the feeling now that A.Kelly is confirmed to not be selling his shares and this hopefully means any overall majority can not be held by the incoming parasites. What I'm more unsure of is if that also means any other private transactions have therefore also broke down or they've still bought shares in the club and are a major shareholder.

Intrigued to see what communication comes out of the club and Trust tomorrow.

I’m not sure how share purchases of volume work, whether there’s a cooling off period of sorts where money sits in an account before being released, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see some (if not all) of these deals fall through if Andrew Kelly has decided not to sell his shares.

If I was aiming to gain a majority shareholding in a club I have no attachment or affiliation to, so I could do as I wish without challenge, my worst case scenario would be ending up with less than 50% of shares.

What do you think Mr Curran?
[Post edited 5 Jul 2021 0:58]
An open letter to Andrew Kelly on 20:47 - Jul 4 with 1910 viewsTomRAFC

Dodgy people with a vested interest in the club always do themselves proud on the internet.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024