Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Questions for Lee 11:54 - Jan 25 with 12082 viewsvanrrrr

This should be interesting

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/lee-hoos-answers-fans-questions-230123/

My current one is : Lee why won’t our ticket sales site let me give you money? When I try to checkout it directs to your profile page. Would be a good idea to fix this I think.
Questions for Lee on 14:51 - Jan 29 with 1987 viewsDejR_vu

With FFP / P&S slowly strangling the life out of football clubs without Premier League money/parachute payments are the Football League clubs considering trying to force some change or just accepting that football outside of the ‘elite’ will die?

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Questions for Lee on 17:52 - Jan 29 with 1839 viewsridethewave

Questions for Lee on 20:03 - Jan 25 by DavieQPR

Love that 'loans blocking younger players pathways'. What younger players? What younger player is good enough to play in the first team?

At what point does Chris Ramsey come under any criticism at all on here? Barely a single youth player in years has been good enough. For a club desperate for the sell-on model, we’ve not got a good enough academy for it, not even close. And no, one success story doesn’t cut it for a club that needs to make a success of this model every single year.
Questions for Lee on 17:59 - Jan 29 with 1803 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Questions for Lee on 17:52 - Jan 29 by ridethewave

At what point does Chris Ramsey come under any criticism at all on here? Barely a single youth player in years has been good enough. For a club desperate for the sell-on model, we’ve not got a good enough academy for it, not even close. And no, one success story doesn’t cut it for a club that needs to make a success of this model every single year.

I’ve literally just used the search button, and it delivered at least a dozen anti Chris Ramsey threads.
Questions for Lee on 18:12 - Jan 29 with 1769 viewsridethewave

Questions for Lee on 17:59 - Jan 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

I’ve literally just used the search button, and it delivered at least a dozen anti Chris Ramsey threads.

Congratulations.
Questions for Lee on 20:21 - Jan 29 with 1610 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Questions for Lee on 20:51 - Jan 28 by BazzaInTheLoft

Definition of a bad performance I suppose.

25 first team players in 8 years following a 10 year gap after Richard Langley is pretty decent, especially bearing in mind the Hackney Marshes standard facilities.

25 first-team players? I'm intrigued. Do you have the full list? I assume that's not 25 first-team regulars.
Questions for Lee on 20:40 - Jan 29 with 1598 viewsDixie_CT

Questions for Lee on 17:52 - Jan 29 by ridethewave

I spoke to someone last night who worked in the Academy, and he told me that the philosophy Ramsey has instilled is all about Individual technique over everything, which in theory, should allow you to play in any system in the men’s game.

They do the same 7 practices from U8 to U21 (with variations).

The problem is you need the best technical players to make it work and those types of players aren’t at QPR due to EPPP, therefore the whole system is flawed.

In his opinion, he said the model at QPR should be to target exceptional athletes at younger ages, and refining their technique where possible, sort of what Brentford used to do when they would recruit players from gymnastics and athletics backgrounds. The other route is making the most of released players from elsewhere that are late bloomers.

Although he thinks the philosophy in theory is good It better suits a bigger club and the recruitment priorities are all wrong. Ramsey is still trading off his success at Spurs but is struggling to replicate it at QPR.

QPR’s biggest success is Eze, who joined at 16 and is therefore by definition not a Chris Ramsey player.

If this is the wrong strategy for us, who is allowing it to happen?
Questions for Lee on 20:49 - Jan 29 with 1579 viewsNorthernr

Questions for Lee on 20:21 - Jan 29 by Wegerles_Stairs

25 first-team players? I'm intrigued. Do you have the full list? I assume that's not 25 first-team regulars.

Well this is the thing, Paul Hall said 30 graduates to the first team in his interview with us 18 months ago, but you only get to that number by including things like Deshane Dalling, one sub appearance in the cup, and now playing for Lewes.

Lot of people trying to justify their position, and salaries. Chris Ramsey, once at Spurs, once our first team manager, how much is he earning? His salary was a big bone of contention/subject of pis taking for Warburton and his group when relations deteriorated. Beale had Ramsey coaching the strikers - a six figure bibs balls and cones man, and we're meant to be skint.

Paul Hall, an international manager, we need him and Ramsey why? This is the same gig right? We also have an academy manager, Alex Carroll. There's a lot of cooks here, and not a lot of broth.

Beale said in a meeting I was in back in August "you guys have a B Team here because everybody fell out with each other and you needed something for them to do".
Questions for Lee on 21:03 - Jan 29 with 1539 viewsPunteR

Questions for Lee on 20:49 - Jan 29 by Northernr

Well this is the thing, Paul Hall said 30 graduates to the first team in his interview with us 18 months ago, but you only get to that number by including things like Deshane Dalling, one sub appearance in the cup, and now playing for Lewes.

Lot of people trying to justify their position, and salaries. Chris Ramsey, once at Spurs, once our first team manager, how much is he earning? His salary was a big bone of contention/subject of pis taking for Warburton and his group when relations deteriorated. Beale had Ramsey coaching the strikers - a six figure bibs balls and cones man, and we're meant to be skint.

Paul Hall, an international manager, we need him and Ramsey why? This is the same gig right? We also have an academy manager, Alex Carroll. There's a lot of cooks here, and not a lot of broth.

Beale said in a meeting I was in back in August "you guys have a B Team here because everybody fell out with each other and you needed something for them to do".

So it is jobs for the boys?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

Questions for Lee on 21:18 - Jan 29 with 1519 viewsDixie_CT

Ramsey is on at least £150k+, and someone suggested that we keep him on in the academy instead of paying his contract up when he failed and was rightly sacked as first-team head coach. Well, that old contract must have expired by now, so why is he still here? Maybe because it is his mate who would have to sack him.

Alex Carroll is the Director of Operations, which is quite a job. I went for the same job as Alex when he joined the club, albeit in a lesser role of Head of Operations. He was given the job and did have more experience than me in an Academy Admin role, so it was a fair choice, and I was chuffed to just get an interview. He did always have one massive advantage over me, and that was he came from Spurs.

As well as Hall, who is for some reason now involved with the first team, you have Furs, Andy Impey (wtf!??) and Micah Hyde floating about. Hyde joined the club by starting with the Trust, which was frankly bizarre, and a little while later, he was full-time in the Academy.

I assume that Warburton wasn’t afraid to call some of the bullshit out, and that was the beginning of the end for him, especially as he knew what he was talking about with youth development and could tell them that the players weren’t good enough.

The Academy part of the club reeks of cronyism, with little to no scrutiny and the same amount of accountability. I get the feeling that they all feel like they are getting away with it and are probably surprised that no one is asking any pressing questions of them. House of cards.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2023 21:28]
Questions for Lee on 21:20 - Jan 29 with 1510 viewsridethewave

Questions for Lee on 20:40 - Jan 29 by Dixie_CT

I spoke to someone last night who worked in the Academy, and he told me that the philosophy Ramsey has instilled is all about Individual technique over everything, which in theory, should allow you to play in any system in the men’s game.

They do the same 7 practices from U8 to U21 (with variations).

The problem is you need the best technical players to make it work and those types of players aren’t at QPR due to EPPP, therefore the whole system is flawed.

In his opinion, he said the model at QPR should be to target exceptional athletes at younger ages, and refining their technique where possible, sort of what Brentford used to do when they would recruit players from gymnastics and athletics backgrounds. The other route is making the most of released players from elsewhere that are late bloomers.

Although he thinks the philosophy in theory is good It better suits a bigger club and the recruitment priorities are all wrong. Ramsey is still trading off his success at Spurs but is struggling to replicate it at QPR.

QPR’s biggest success is Eze, who joined at 16 and is therefore by definition not a Chris Ramsey player.

If this is the wrong strategy for us, who is allowing it to happen?

Really interesting if true. Clearly, something is wrong given our supposed focus and acknowledgment that we need to develop players to sell, yet we seem totally incapable of doing it.

During this time we’ve been hearing this from the club, we’ve had to watch both Fulham and Brentford succeed whilst we go nowhere. Something needs to change.
Questions for Lee on 21:25 - Jan 29 with 1480 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Havn’t we been cooking the broth in an old shoe though?

Who’d tour all the London football facilities and decide that QPR are the best fit for their promising kid? Not many parents I’d wager.

My biggest fear, and sometimes it keeps me up at night, is that this board fcks it all off and do a QPR 2014 tribute act.
Questions for Lee on 21:44 - Jan 29 with 1457 views1JD

Questions for Lee on 21:18 - Jan 29 by Dixie_CT

Ramsey is on at least £150k+, and someone suggested that we keep him on in the academy instead of paying his contract up when he failed and was rightly sacked as first-team head coach. Well, that old contract must have expired by now, so why is he still here? Maybe because it is his mate who would have to sack him.

Alex Carroll is the Director of Operations, which is quite a job. I went for the same job as Alex when he joined the club, albeit in a lesser role of Head of Operations. He was given the job and did have more experience than me in an Academy Admin role, so it was a fair choice, and I was chuffed to just get an interview. He did always have one massive advantage over me, and that was he came from Spurs.

As well as Hall, who is for some reason now involved with the first team, you have Furs, Andy Impey (wtf!??) and Micah Hyde floating about. Hyde joined the club by starting with the Trust, which was frankly bizarre, and a little while later, he was full-time in the Academy.

I assume that Warburton wasn’t afraid to call some of the bullshit out, and that was the beginning of the end for him, especially as he knew what he was talking about with youth development and could tell them that the players weren’t good enough.

The Academy part of the club reeks of cronyism, with little to no scrutiny and the same amount of accountability. I get the feeling that they all feel like they are getting away with it and are probably surprised that no one is asking any pressing questions of them. House of cards.

On the topic of Paul Hall being elevated to first team affairs, I too have noticed this. He has stayed with the first team after his caretaker role, and is seen both in first team training and on match days warming the team up. There is also a noticeable promotion-based ethos occurring with the coaches.

Hall is one of several. Micah Hyde from under age groups to u18s. Paul Furlong from u18s to 21s. Paul Hall from U21s/B to first team coach. Part of the reason could be related to “coach development”, which alongside “player development”, facilities, and other criteria, I’ve read has a bearing on securing category one academy status. I assume we are going for this level, once our facilities are ready, to stop the talent bleed we have in the under age groups. A question for the club at the next forum?
Questions for Lee on 22:00 - Jan 29 with 1419 viewsDejR_vu

Questions for Lee on 21:18 - Jan 29 by Dixie_CT

I’d be v v v surprised if CR is only one £150kpa.

Questions for Lee on 22:05 - Jan 29 with 1412 viewsDejR_vu

Questions for Lee on 21:25 - Jan 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

Havn’t we been cooking the broth in an old shoe though?

Who’d tour all the London football facilities and decide that QPR are the best fit for their promising kid? Not many parents I’d wager.

My biggest fear, and sometimes it keeps me up at night, is that this board fcks it all off and do a QPR 2014 tribute act.

Baz, believe me, our old facilities were nowhere near the worst. Not Tottenham / Chelsea standard, but there were worse. This is just a smokescreen to excuse ineptitude. There’s something very odd going on with the academy.

Questions for Lee on 22:10 - Jan 29 with 1403 viewsQPsyR

To put it more intelligently, I think Ferdinand's biggest mistake was putting Ramsey in charge when we could easily have stayed up in 2014-2015. I had no problem with Ramsey going back to the job he was recruited for when he stopped being manager - made sense at the time rather than wasting money on a payoff and he is proven in the position he went back into but that was 2016.

Ferdinand has done some good things but it really is time for him Ramsey and Hall to go as it's just not working and the club needs a massive shake up IMHO

With FFP and other clubs basically being able to steal our young players for virtually nothing cos of the catagory we have is it really worth having anything other them a B team and perhaps an under 21 team ? , Wouldn't the best thing to do which we have done quite well at is pick up players at 17-19 and improve them ?
[Post edited 30 Jan 2023 18:21]

FKA AcidPixie

Questions for Lee on 22:14 - Jan 29 with 1390 viewsQPR_Jim

Questions for Lee on 22:00 - Jan 29 by DejR_vu

I’d be v v v surprised if CR is only one £150kpa.

How much should a coach be earning? 150k a year is under 3k a week, if he was on that much as first team coach while players were earning 20k a week or more. I'm not sure if those figures are correct but I can imagine that it's a tough position to be in.

I think Les has to go and someone come in to restructure and perhaps Warburton could be that guy. But I'd be sceptical of anyone coming in if we're to believe LF has been using what little funds we have to line his friends pocket. What makes us think that the next football man won't do the same?
Questions for Lee on 22:18 - Jan 29 with 1377 viewsDejR_vu

Questions for Lee on 22:14 - Jan 29 by QPR_Jim

How much should a coach be earning? 150k a year is under 3k a week, if he was on that much as first team coach while players were earning 20k a week or more. I'm not sure if those figures are correct but I can imagine that it's a tough position to be in.

I think Les has to go and someone come in to restructure and perhaps Warburton could be that guy. But I'd be sceptical of anyone coming in if we're to believe LF has been using what little funds we have to line his friends pocket. What makes us think that the next football man won't do the same?

Warburton would 100% be the right guy imo, but I suspect he wouldn’t touch it with a barge pole.

The wrong person left in the Summer.

Questions for Lee on 22:47 - Jan 29 with 1319 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"But I'd be sceptical of anyone coming in if we're to believe LF has been using what little funds we have to line his friends pocket. What makes us think that the next football man won't do the same? "

This is where we've got to on this board, is it?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Questions for Lee on 23:02 - Jan 29 with 1280 viewsQPR_Jim

Questions for Lee on 22:47 - Jan 29 by BrianMcCarthy

"But I'd be sceptical of anyone coming in if we're to believe LF has been using what little funds we have to line his friends pocket. What makes us think that the next football man won't do the same? "

That's where I'm at, I'd always argue that LF would put the club first and I certainly believe he is better than those before him (Redknapp and Hughes) but I also trust what Clive is saying and his post earlier doesn't paint a great picture for LF.
Questions for Lee on 23:09 - Jan 29 with 1256 viewsNortholt_Rs

Questions for Lee on 23:02 - Jan 29 by QPR_Jim

That's where I'm at, I'd always argue that LF would put the club first and I certainly believe he is better than those before him (Redknapp and Hughes) but I also trust what Clive is saying and his post earlier doesn't paint a great picture for LF.

From Clive’s post above: “ Beale said in a meeting I was in back in August "you guys have a B Team here because everybody fell out with each other and you needed something for them to do".

Christ alive….

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Questions for Lee on 23:24 - Jan 29 with 1223 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Questions for Lee on 22:47 - Jan 29 by BrianMcCarthy

Libellous if it isn’t true.
Questions for Lee on 23:29 - Jan 29 with 1194 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Questions for Lee on 23:09 - Jan 29 by Northolt_Rs

From Clive’s post above: “ Beale said in a meeting I was in back in August "you guys have a B Team here because everybody fell out with each other and you needed something for them to do".

Christ alive….

But that's Beale.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Questions for Lee on 00:04 - Jan 30 with 1118 viewsHuckerMOTM

That isn't the scandal...

There's people out there who know what the biggest problem is with Les but they're too frightened to publicly comment and anyone who even hints at the right answer will be shouted down by the unknowing masses....
Questions for Lee on 00:09 - Jan 30 with 1103 viewseastside_r

Questions for Lee on 00:04 - Jan 30 by HuckerMOTM

That isn't the scandal...

There's people out there who know what the biggest problem is with Les but they're too frightened to publicly comment and anyone who even hints at the right answer will be shouted down by the unknowing masses....

So you know what this scandal is?

And your not prepared to share it with us?
Questions for Lee on 00:18 - Jan 30 with 1071 viewsQPsyR

Basically sack the lot (on the football side) from the topdown and start again, especially Travelman.the worst 'footballer' I've ever seen'
Though I think Hoos should be looked at too he is someone who has been proven in his job at other clubs.
Not Critchley We made £2.7 million getting him in (ie saving £1.2M to Blacpool + the £1.5M for FPBBC) and he was our 1st choice before FPBBC
[Post edited 30 Jan 2023 18:24]

FKA AcidPixie

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024