Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Welsh clean air bill 18:10 - Mar 21 with 6471 viewsFlashberryjack

THE Welsh Government could push ahead with tolls on roads like the M4 in Newport, as part of its latest action against climate change.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

New Welsh clean air bill on 06:35 - Mar 22 with 1537 viewsDr_Winston

Let's be honest, the Welsh Govt could introduce a "Kill Kittens" bill and Kilks would think it was an awesome idea. We're not dealing with a towering intellect here. Bigots are rarely smart.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

New Welsh clean air bill on 07:19 - Mar 22 with 1517 viewsBoundy

New Welsh clean air bill on 21:31 - Mar 21 by Kilkennyjack

So a clean air bill is actually a bad thing ?
There you go then.

And I bet all the tourists love polluted welsh air …..

Most popular destinations for tourists in Wales "
https://www.coastmagazine.co.uk/places/coastal-guides/10-best-holiday-destinatio

and not a smoke stack in site , .
As Yoda might say , mince, thick as

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

New Welsh clean air bill on 07:22 - Mar 22 with 1514 viewsBoundy

New Welsh clean air bill on 21:42 - Mar 21 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

With the enforced switch to electric cars looming in the next decade the government is facing a huge drop in revenue from fuel duty so we can expect more and more toll booths popping up in the name of climate measures in the next few years.

What they'll do is revert back to taxation for the use of the vehicle instead of what emissions it produces , they'll get their money ,don't worry about that

New Welsh clean air bill on 07:26 - Mar 22 with 1510 viewsBoundy

New Welsh clean air bill on 06:30 - Mar 22 by pencoedjack

Obviously it’s worked.

Just wrap a shirt around its shoulders stick a daff up its arse and the oiks would vote for a budgie

New Welsh clean air bill on 09:42 - Mar 22 with 1473 viewsWhiterockin

New Welsh clean air bill on 22:48 - Mar 21 by felixstowe_jack

Westminster offered to build and pay for it as part of the UK infrastructure programme. Drakeford turned it down.

I know, strangely enough it would have helped the pollution in the worst affected areas.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

New Welsh clean air bill on 12:36 - Mar 22 with 1432 viewsBoundy

Over enthusiastic matrix operatators caused absolute chaos this morning , warning and reducing the already reduced 50 mph limit east bound between Llandarcy and the end of the 50 mph limit at Port Talbot , traffic was nose to tail with many diverting off to try and avoid the snarl up to go over the old Ferry bridge that in itself elf was on stop,
this was not because on a multi vehicle pile up , nor somone attempting suicide , all because one of these fake traffic cops was assisting someone who had pulled up on the hard shoulder , we're doomed

New Welsh clean air bill on 17:37 - Mar 22 with 1383 viewsSullutaCreturned

New Welsh clean air bill on 21:31 - Mar 21 by Kilkennyjack

So a clean air bill is actually a bad thing ?
There you go then.

And I bet all the tourists love polluted welsh air …..

It is a bad thing the way the Senedd are doing it.

I'll start with the obvious, to avoid the toll people will use other roads so clogging up the residential roads and increasing pollution in towns and villages.

I'll move on to what should be another obvious, the problem is the clogged up traffic at Brynglas, as long as that situation is allowed to continue and traffic continues to increase, things can only get worse, pollution there is only going to increase regardless of tolls.

Next tourism, faced with a slow journey through Wales that includes a tourist tax AND the new toll, I wonder how many tourists might be put off and just head for Devon instead.

I wonder if Lee Waters and his 12k miles per year will pay this tax or claim it on expenses?

Last, the problem at Port Talbot isclogged up, slow moving traffic which is compounded by the emissions from the steel works.
New Welsh clean air bill on 17:46 - Mar 22 with 1381 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

New Welsh clean air bill on 17:37 - Mar 22 by SullutaCreturned

I'll start with the obvious, to avoid the toll people will use other roads so clogging up the residential roads and increasing pollution in towns and villages.

I'll move on to what should be another obvious, the problem is the clogged up traffic at Brynglas, as long as that situation is allowed to continue and traffic continues to increase, things can only get worse, pollution there is only going to increase regardless of tolls.

Next tourism, faced with a slow journey through Wales that includes a tourist tax AND the new toll, I wonder how many tourists might be put off and just head for Devon instead.

I wonder if Lee Waters and his 12k miles per year will pay this tax or claim it on expenses?

Last, the problem at Port Talbot isclogged up, slow moving traffic which is compounded by the emissions from the steel works.

Isn’t it an awful coincidence that any climate measure means we have to pay more money.

Climate change is just an excuse to squeeze a few more quid out of the perennially squeezed motorist.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Login to get fewer ads

New Welsh clean air bill on 18:06 - Mar 22 with 1366 viewsWhiterockin

You are absolutely correct.

People should step back and look at this. Anti pollution charges are used to deter drivers from entering built up areas such as London, Birmingham, Bristol and so on. What is the point of charging on the M4 the main artery into South Wales is it a deterrent to try to stop people using the M4 and as Cat says move the traffic onto B roads and into built up areas and increase pollution. I really can't understand how these idiots continually get voted in.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

New Welsh clean air bill on 19:41 - Mar 22 with 1331 viewsSullutaCreturned

New Welsh clean air bill on 18:06 - Mar 22 by Whiterockin

You are absolutely correct.

People should step back and look at this. Anti pollution charges are used to deter drivers from entering built up areas such as London, Birmingham, Bristol and so on. What is the point of charging on the M4 the main artery into South Wales is it a deterrent to try to stop people using the M4 and as Cat says move the traffic onto B roads and into built up areas and increase pollution. I really can't understand how these idiots continually get voted in.

maybe its the long term plan, get everywhere more polluted and charge drivers for every mile travelled?
New Welsh clean air bill on 20:01 - Mar 22 with 1312 viewsmajorraglan

Totally agree with you, in terms of Port Talbot they could increase the speed limit on the new road next to the steelworks and maybe a few more people would use it taking pressure off the M4. I’d sack Waters and revisit most of the guff that’s being spouted, I’d also ace the 20mph unless it’s outside or close to schools, park or playing fields.
New Welsh clean air bill on 22:18 - Mar 22 with 1258 viewsKilkennyjack

New Welsh clean air bill on 07:19 - Mar 22 by Boundy

Most popular destinations for tourists in Wales "
https://www.coastmagazine.co.uk/places/coastal-guides/10-best-holiday-destinatio

and not a smoke stack in site , .
As Yoda might say , mince, thick as

Open Google, type in the word ‘irony’, press the Enter, and then read the answers.

There is no charge for this education.

[Post edited 22 Mar 2023 22:57]

Beware of the Risen People

New Welsh clean air bill on 22:27 - Mar 22 with 1253 viewsKilkennyjack

New Welsh clean air bill on 07:26 - Mar 22 by Boundy

Just wrap a shirt around its shoulders stick a daff up its arse and the oiks would vote for a budgie

Are you getting mixed up with the behaviour of the Conservative and Unionist party, and their union jack flag…? 🇬🇧

[Post edited 22 Mar 2023 22:58]

New Welsh clean air bill on 16:41 - Mar 23 with 1166 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Meanwhile, the nation with the fastest growing economy in the world continues to build 2 new coal plants PER WEEK.

https://www.npr.org/2023/03/02/1160441919/china-is-building-six-times-more-new-c

Do you know how you win a war without fighting? You get your enemy to destroy itself.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2023 17:17]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

New Welsh clean air bill on 17:23 - Mar 23 with 1144 viewsSullutaCreturned

New Welsh clean air bill on 16:41 - Mar 23 by Tummer_from_Texas

Meanwhile, the nation with the fastest growing economy in the world continues to build 2 new coal plants PER WEEK.

https://www.npr.org/2023/03/02/1160441919/china-is-building-six-times-more-new-c

Do you know how you win a war without fighting? You get your enemy to destroy itself.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2023 17:17]

You still need boots on the ground to win that war though.

Wales is hardly a problem to China though. My big problem is that whatever we do in Wales it really doesn't matter, whateer we do in the whole Uk it really doesn't matter. China's output will dwarf anything we can save.

Unless or until China, Russia and India start to go green what Europe does is a pointless and very expensive waste of time. Of course us plebs will pay for it while the politicians excuse themselves from any of the rules and continue to use expenses to lessen their personal bill. If that doesn't work they'll just do a Bojo.
New Welsh clean air bill on 18:24 - Mar 23 with 1121 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

New Welsh clean air bill on 17:23 - Mar 23 by SullutaCreturned

You still need boots on the ground to win that war though.

Wales is hardly a problem to China though. My big problem is that whatever we do in Wales it really doesn't matter, whateer we do in the whole Uk it really doesn't matter. China's output will dwarf anything we can save.

Unless or until China, Russia and India start to go green what Europe does is a pointless and very expensive waste of time. Of course us plebs will pay for it while the politicians excuse themselves from any of the rules and continue to use expenses to lessen their personal bill. If that doesn't work they'll just do a Bojo.

UK produces about 1 percent of World emissions. India's emissions are growing year on year with little from the government in the way of commitment to reduce them.

"CO2 Emissions by Country - Worldometer" https://www.worldometers.info/co2-emissions/co2-emissions-by-country/

Biden of course being a nice chap has just approved 30 more years of oil extraction in Alaska.

"Biden approves controversial Willow oil drilling project in Alaska | Alaska | The Guardian" https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/mar/13/alaska-willow-project-approved-o

[Post edited 23 Mar 2023 18:27]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

New Welsh clean air bill on 20:27 - Mar 23 with 1086 viewsSullutaCreturned

New Welsh clean air bill on 18:24 - Mar 23 by JACKMANANDBOY

UK produces about 1 percent of World emissions. India's emissions are growing year on year with little from the government in the way of commitment to reduce them.

"CO2 Emissions by Country - Worldometer" https://www.worldometers.info/co2-emissions/co2-emissions-by-country/

Biden of course being a nice chap has just approved 30 more years of oil extraction in Alaska.

"Biden approves controversial Willow oil drilling project in Alaska | Alaska | The Guardian" https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/mar/13/alaska-willow-project-approved-o

[Post edited 23 Mar 2023 18:27]

There you go, if we tripled our emissions it would still only be 10% of China's emissions. The USA has 16 times our output and India 4 times.

In the green race we are so irrelevant it doesn't matter but its us UK mugs footing a very large bill for cuts that will be dwarfed by china's newest power stations alone, never mind anything over 5 years old.
New Welsh clean air bill on 22:29 - Mar 23 with 1048 viewsKilkennyjack

The UK has emitted about 3% of the world total human caused CO 2, although the population is less than 1%.

There is now a huge global industry around renewables and net zero.

Shirley we would want those new jobs ?

New Welsh clean air bill on 11:14 - Mar 24 with 972 viewsfelixstowe_jack

New Welsh clean air bill on 22:29 - Mar 23 by Kilkennyjack

The UK has emitted about 3% of the world total human caused CO 2, although the population is less than 1%.

Yes plenty of new jobs building the M4 relief road which will cut pollution. Seems a win win all round.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

New Welsh clean air bill on 12:20 - Mar 24 with 951 viewsBoundy

I suspect most of it out of your arse

New Welsh clean air bill on 17:32 - Mar 24 with 910 viewsSullutaCreturned

Where did that stat come from?

China puts out more emissions in ONE year than the UK does in 28 years and the gap is widening in which case, in 10 years China has emitted more than we have since the industrial revolution...1750. Lets call it 15 years.

Our share of History's pollution is dropping rapidly.
New Welsh clean air bill on 17:49 - Mar 24 with 900 viewsDr_Winston

New Welsh clean air bill on 17:32 - Mar 24 by SullutaCreturned

Where did that stat come from?

China puts out more emissions in ONE year than the UK does in 28 years and the gap is widening in which case, in 10 years China has emitted more than we have since the industrial revolution...1750. Lets call it 15 years.

Our share of History's pollution is dropping rapidly.

He probably got it from the same place as his stat about Wales being the World's fifth highest producer of energy.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

New Welsh clean air bill on 21:25 - Mar 24 with 852 viewsmajorraglan

New Welsh clean air bill on 17:49 - Mar 24 by Dr_Winston

He probably got it from the same place as his stat about Wales being the World's fifth highest producer of energy.

He didn’t actual say Wales were the 5th highest producer of energy, what he actually said was that Wales was the 5th largest electricity exporter in the world. I know he spouts some stuff, but in terms of his claim according to the below it’s correct.

https://committees.parliament.uk/work/833/renewable-energy-in-wales/news/146982/
New Welsh clean air bill on 22:04 - Mar 24 with 825 viewsKilkennyjack

New Welsh clean air bill on 12:20 - Mar 24 by Boundy

I suspect most of it out of your arse

You should know soldier boy 🫡🇬🇧

New Welsh clean air bill on 22:05 - Mar 24 with 824 viewsKilkennyjack

New Welsh clean air bill on 21:25 - Mar 24 by majorraglan

He didn’t actual say Wales were the 5th highest producer of energy, what he actually said was that Wales was the 5th largest electricity exporter in the world. I know he spouts some stuff, but in terms of his claim according to the below it’s correct.

https://committees.parliament.uk/work/833/renewable-energy-in-wales/news/146982/

Thank you

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024