Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's about ownership - Preview 23:38 - Apr 9 with 3334 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/59993
It's about ownership - Preview on 00:06 - Apr 10 with 3228 viewsdistortR

"We're killed by their incompetence and kept alive by their benevolence".
Excellent, concise summing up of our impossible position as supporters.
It's about ownership - Preview on 01:13 - Apr 10 with 3121 viewsBrianMcCarthy

It's about ownership - Preview on 00:06 - Apr 10 by distortR

"We're killed by their incompetence and kept alive by their benevolence".
Excellent, concise summing up of our impossible position as supporters.

Agreed. What a line.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

It's about ownership - Preview on 01:29 - Apr 10 with 3086 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Calm, concise, and utterly brilliant.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

It's about ownership - Preview on 01:48 - Apr 10 with 3072 viewsVancouverHoop

In that respect, [our directors are] the opposite of Lai, and yet when it comes to running a football club they’re very alike. Ours is benevolent, and we’re reliant on them; theirs is parasitic, and it’s killing them. But neither group — West Brom’s ownership, and ours — knows what it’s doing, really.

This. A thousand times this. Right now, as I mentioned in a post yesterday, it is the curse of English football. Too many people at too many clubs who don't have a scintilla of understanding about football. Frankly, QPR aside, it's why I've stopped watching. I'd rather watch the Bundesliga. The football is better (ie: no shithousing, getting in the officials' faces, or blatant time-wasting) mainly due to the 50+1 ownership is retained by club members.
It's about ownership - Preview on 05:55 - Apr 10 with 2938 viewsBushRanger82

The last paragraph sums up the dire situation our club is in, at the moment.
Really hits home.
It's about ownership - Preview on 07:15 - Apr 10 with 2874 viewsdaveB

sums up how I feel, Ferdinand will end up going but I don't trust our owners to get his replacement right or make things anything other than worse
It's about ownership - Preview on 07:50 - Apr 10 with 2817 viewsLblock

If I had the ability, the prose and the gumption…… I could’ve written this word for word at anytime over the last decade.

Utterly, utterly brilliant piece and I commend it to the house.

I can never manage to get my point across here on the current incompetences…. sorry I mean incumbents…. without it sounding like I want to see the demise of the club.
Of course I don’t want an implosion, the spiral down the leagues or the possible fatal effects that admin etc would bring. However I have no idea how we rid ourselves of these clowns any other way and aren’t they just pouring cash onto the bonfire en route to this anyway?

I’m also mystified as to the workings of this. Isn’t the debt all to them (apart from the FFP fine balance that they created anyway) so they’re never going to put the club in admin as they’re effectively burning their own hands?????
As this brilliant match preview screams - can’t live with em and can’t survive without them.
I’d suspect the owners have exactly the same feelings…… they’d sooner not be here now but are in too deep.

Such a sad situation

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

It's about ownership - Preview on 07:55 - Apr 10 with 2807 viewsAshteadR

Jeez, what an excellent but sobering read - anything of interest in the group email thread
Login to get fewer ads

It's about ownership - Preview on 08:47 - Apr 10 with 2664 viewsNortholt_Rs

“ Mark Warburton was sacked at the end of last season, in part, for not entertaining some people on that list, who are earning great money, or their ideas on who should and shouldn’t be in his first team squad, and he was fùcking right.” Just like in the SAF Rd bogs at half time, what a line!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

It's about ownership - Preview on 09:39 - Apr 10 with 2488 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Well that was a depressing read 😂.

Is anyone able to confirm who pulled the trigger on Critchley, and then appointed Ainsworth? Was it DoF or the owners stepping in?

A huge, huge mistake in my opinion.
It's about ownership - Preview on 09:43 - Apr 10 with 2473 viewskropotkin41

Brilliant stuff as per usual.

The owners are keeping QPR alive, the question is at this point is it a life worth living? There presumably is a solution here where the owners find that switched on, hands on talent and delegate power thoroughly to him or her, but short of that, they have to go, and one imagines that sooner or later they will, and Chessington it is... and still better fun that scrolling down to see predictions of miserable defeat in every preview because I can't face, and don't need to read the recap of our form.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

It's about ownership - Preview on 10:12 - Apr 10 with 2377 viewsPaddyhoops

In hindsight Critchley’s point here and a point there would probably have kept us up.
Gareth could end up with three points from a possible 36 . It’s not a good look.
Superb article however I’m pretty certain one or two people would love to see our owners leave the club but the alternative is not going to be particularly good .
They’ve chucked money at it and it hasn’t worked.
Do we honestly think someone else will do the same?
It's about ownership - Preview on 10:20 - Apr 10 with 2352 viewsdmm

I think Gnanalingam et al have now lost confidence in Ferdinand. He'll be gone in the summer and the DoF position binned. Ainsworth and Dobson will take over with the instruction to replicate what they achieved at Wycombe.

The big question is then, can they do it at QPR? It looks like it might be easier for them to start building in League 1 not only for obvious reasons but also because the new EFL's financial rules for L1 and L2 appear to give more leeway for owners to pump money in.
It's about ownership - Preview on 10:32 - Apr 10 with 2314 viewsdaveB

It's about ownership - Preview on 10:20 - Apr 10 by dmm

I think Gnanalingam et al have now lost confidence in Ferdinand. He'll be gone in the summer and the DoF position binned. Ainsworth and Dobson will take over with the instruction to replicate what they achieved at Wycombe.

The big question is then, can they do it at QPR? It looks like it might be easier for them to start building in League 1 not only for obvious reasons but also because the new EFL's financial rules for L1 and L2 appear to give more leeway for owners to pump money in.

you can replicate what he did at Wycombe here but no one will be happy with it, will be about punching above your weight and at best being mid table in the championship, pretty much what we were doing under Holloway

The plan at QPR is the right one in developing players, sell them on and then improve the squad, we just have to do it a lot better than we have in the last few years. To see us tear up that plan is bonkers
It's about ownership - Preview on 11:13 - Apr 10 with 2195 viewsAndybrat

Great writing, the owners heart is in the right place but needs more than that.
It's about ownership - Preview on 11:13 - Apr 10 with 2195 viewsE15Hoop

It's about ownership - Preview on 10:32 - Apr 10 by daveB

you can replicate what he did at Wycombe here but no one will be happy with it, will be about punching above your weight and at best being mid table in the championship, pretty much what we were doing under Holloway

The plan at QPR is the right one in developing players, sell them on and then improve the squad, we just have to do it a lot better than we have in the last few years. To see us tear up that plan is bonkers

i think the more sensible element of our fanbase have known for a long time what reality looks like for us, Dave.

Personally, I hope that you're right and that Wild Thing and Dobbo are given the chance to put their own stamp on the future without outside interference. This club has always been at its best when it does the simple things well and doesn't try to be something its not.

Whichever division we're in next season - and I think we all know which one it will be - we will have no choice but to get "back to basics" anyway.
It's about ownership - Preview on 11:16 - Apr 10 with 2181 viewsdmm

I don't necessarily disagree, Dave. Personally, I wish the plan was working but for a variety of reasons it hasn't, Eze excepted. Given the investment in the new training ground perhaps the owners would still want at least some emphasis on youth development.

That aside, I can imagine the owners want Ainsworth and Dobson to do their thing in order to build the same club ethos they achieved at Wycombe which, by all accounts, was pretty special.
It's about ownership - Preview on 11:25 - Apr 10 with 2149 viewsBurnleyhoop

The plan is no more than an idealistic dream that has failed on every level (with the exception of Eze who is a once in a generation talent). We have produced the sum total of diddly squat over the last 2/3 seasons despite a massive outlay for the training ground and a small army of personnel behind the scenes.

The team and club are now nothing more than an embarrassment and a laughing stock. Fundamental and far reaching change is now needed. There can be no glossing over the utter catastrophe of this season.
It's about ownership - Preview on 12:04 - Apr 10 with 2020 viewsOldPedro

This preview sums up the current situation at the club (and in wider football) perfectly.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

It's about ownership - Preview on 14:23 - Apr 10 with 1731 viewstraininvain

It’s such a sad state of affairs, I’m sure there’s an alternative universe where Van Bronckhorst wasn’t sacked at Rangers, Beale stayed put and we’re still challenging for promotion.

It wouldn’t change the fact that our owners are incompetent and reliant on getting lucky with a good managerial appointment. But it would certainly alter our perception of Ferdinand’s performance as DOF if Beale had stuck around and continued our early season form.

Luton comparison is fair in some ways but it doesn’t take into account that we have a mentally fragile squad as shown by last season’s capitulation. Beale lifted many of these players up off the ground after last season, added his own core of players and left them in the lurch at the first (or was it 2nd/3rd!) opportunity. It was always going to end in tears.

Ferdinand has to accept responsibility for allowing this situation to unravel and the players have reached lows I didn’t think were possible. But I’ll never forgive Beale for his role in all of this, he was the catalyst for all that has followed since his departure.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2023 14:24]
It's about ownership - Preview on 19:39 - Apr 10 with 1414 viewslondonscottish

PL money; "don’t turn your Grindr on during the pre-season tour and nobody gets beheaded".

ROFL

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

It's about ownership - Preview on 22:44 - Apr 10 with 1268 viewsNoelmc

Thanks Clive.

I only had a chance to read it post-match but well worth catching up on it - excellent analysis!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024