Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone Drive to the game via Richmond today? 22:05 - Sep 16 with 4534 viewsToast_R

Stuck in the worst traffic I've ever had the misfortune to endure in over 26 years of driving. Manor Road roundabout on A316 next to North Sheen Station. Roadworks causing chaos. Gridlocked, there were Box Junctions to navigate, drivers getting stuck inside, trying their best not to for fear of a £60 fine but if you simply didn't take a chance, you weren't ever going to move. There was also a level crossing to risk your life on by trying not to get stuck on it when the traffic edged forwards, about 2 cars worth every 8 minutes. There were arseholes deciding they shouldn't have to wait so over taking the queue while going head to head with oncoming traffic going the other way before trying to force their way back in the queue further up. Roadrage unfolding as they went about it. Cars, vans and trucks bumper to bumber trying to force them back out again. Someone behind me so much so that she rolled into my car, luckily no damage.

Left Molesey at 12pm, arrived in Shepherds Bush at 2:45pm. 12 miles.
Anyone Drive to the game via Richmond today? on 20:43 - Sep 17 with 633 viewsstevec

Anyone Drive to the game via Richmond today? on 19:52 - Sep 17 by nix

Another possibility is to go from Victoria to Clapton Junction and then get the mainline train to Shepherd's Bush (leaves from platform 1). They go quite regularly when there aren't stikes obviously!

Yep the Overground line via Clapham Junction is a godsend coming up from Surrey.

Helps me avoid taking the car, get a couple of pints in and the walking bit means I get in over 10,000 steps. The only downside is the 90 minute interlude mid afternoon, but what can you do?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024