Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flags 18:04 - Oct 19 with 5377 viewsTreforys_Jack

Not had a good flag thread for a while, there were 2 flags behind me on Sunday, a Swansea "loyal" on the Northern Ireland flag and a Union Jack with Swansea loyal or similar with London is our capital on it. Both lasted about 10mins before stewards removed them. What would be the cause of removal, pretty sure a few around me complained about them, one guy was going nuts asking them to be pulled down. Anyone else see these ?
Flags on 19:50 - Oct 19 with 991 views73__73

Flags on 19:48 - Oct 19 by Chief

Do the Swans have many Northern Irish fans that attend games then?

[Post edited 19 Oct 2021 19:49]

Is that a serious question lol

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Flags on 19:51 - Oct 19 with 987 viewsChief

Flags on 19:50 - Oct 19 by 73__73

Yea, why not?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Flags on 19:52 - Oct 19 with 987 viewsBoundy

Flags on 19:29 - Oct 19 by 73__73

Red hand commandos were a loyalist terrorist group . What has that got to do with that particular flag ?
Would it be ok to ban the Irish flag, because of the ira ?
[Post edited 19 Oct 2021 19:32]

Maybe just maybe the Red Hand extended in the middle may be just a hint of its links to terrorism , but I bow to your superior knowledge .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Flags on 19:53 - Oct 19 with 982 viewsChief

Flags on 19:49 - Oct 19 by 73__73

And what does that look like ?

Bit like an England flag, with a crown and a red hand.

No writing on it though.

Flags on 20:08 - Oct 19 with 951 viewsbritferry

Flags on 18:45 - Oct 19 by KeithHaynes

Just been sent this.
Seemingly the content on the union flag could be seen as the issue. Unlike the others in the ground.

I tend to agree.

at least they have the Union Jack the right way up

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Flags on 20:41 - Oct 19 with 915 viewsGwyn737

Flags on 19:33 - Oct 19 by Flashberryjack

Totally agree, I regard myself as Welsh, but also proud to be part of the UK, stronger together and all that.

Same here.

I don’t get the ‘London is our capital’ though. If you’re in Swansea it’s demonstrably not.
Flags on 20:42 - Oct 19 with 912 viewsGwyn737

I was thinking the same thing.
Flags on 20:50 - Oct 19 with 901 viewsNotLoyal

I know 7 🤔

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Login to get fewer ads

Flags on 20:51 - Oct 19 with 900 viewsFireboy2

Flags on 18:40 - Oct 19 by KeithHaynes

I did add something to my post, regarding the actual union flag.
Had one on my uniform in the military for years, nobody ever tried to remove it 😉

This post has been edited by an administrator

Yes but you were serving in the BRITISH army though, not at a Welsh football clubs ground 😉
Flags on 20:51 - Oct 19 with 898 viewsDr_Winston

Flags on 20:41 - Oct 19 by Gwyn737

Same here.

I don’t get the ‘London is our capital’ though. If you’re in Swansea it’s demonstrably not.

Isn't it?

Wales is part of the UK, the capital city of which is London. Chucking Cardiff the status of regional capital, a title it shares with such metropolises as Magdeburg, Pamplona and Dijon, doesn't a proper Capital City make.

If you're talking the proper, historical Capital of Wales (and even the concept of "Wales" is open for debate) then it should have been Machynlleth.

Otherwise it basically means nothing, no matter what the Basseys who seem to believe that they're on a par with Paris, Madrid, Tokyo or the like feel the need to brag about in order to bolster their largely misplaced sense of self worth think.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2021 21:30]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Flags on 20:54 - Oct 19 with 897 viewsFireboy2

Flags on 18:45 - Oct 19 by pencoedjack

Not being disrespectful Ed but a lot of Swans deem themselves as British as well.

And as I've have said previously penc, I don't think the union flag is as disrespectful as the ulster one and I've also said we are Welsh but that's just my opinion mate.
Flags on 20:55 - Oct 19 with 891 viewsFireboy2

Flags on 19:19 - Oct 19 by 73__73

You don’t even know what flag it was lol 😂

I do actually lol.
Flags on 20:55 - Oct 19 with 889 viewsNotLoyal

Flag thread, here we go.

OK I've changed it.

Flags on 20:58 - Oct 19 with 881 viewsChief

Flags on 20:50 - Oct 19 by NotLoyal

I know 7 🤔

Were they at the game Sunday? Was this their flag?

What's the story with them supporting the Swans?

Flags on 20:59 - Oct 19 with 880 views73__73

Flags on 20:42 - Oct 19 by Gwyn737

I was thinking the same thing.

Don’t think to hard ffs, that one cell you have will feel the strain.
Are people seriously suggesting that people from Ulster haven’t moved to places like Swansea 😂

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Flags on 20:59 - Oct 19 with 878 viewsFireboy2

Flags on 19:21 - Oct 19 by 73__73

Maybe Swansea should play in the Welsh league then

Now now that's a totally different argument.

You obviously don't know your history of league structure of when we were formed, if you did you would know there was no Welsh league to enter, we have got so successful it would be stupid to join the Welsh league now wouldn't it 🤷‍♂️
Flags on 21:04 - Oct 19 with 868 viewsChief

Flags on 20:59 - Oct 19 by 73__73

Are people seriously suggesting that people from Ulster haven’t moved to places like Swansea 😂

So these people are Northern Irish? And have moved to Swansea from there?

Flags on 21:05 - Oct 19 with 867 viewsNotLoyal

Flags on 20:59 - Oct 19 by 73__73

People from ulster?
Both sides of the divide.
Which is the real issue.

OK I've changed it.

Flags on 21:07 - Oct 19 with 862 viewsFireboy2

Flags on 21:05 - Oct 19 by NotLoyal

People from ulster?
Both sides of the divide.
Which is the real issue.

The guy has obviously never been to Northern Ireland has he NL.
Flags on 21:11 - Oct 19 with 856 viewsGwyn737

Flags on 20:51 - Oct 19 by Dr_Winston

Isn't it?

Wales is part of the UK, the capital city of which is London. Chucking Cardiff the status of regional capital, a title it shares with such metropolises as Magdeburg, Pamplona and Dijon, doesn't a proper Capital City make.

If you're talking the proper, historical Capital of Wales (and even the concept of "Wales" is open for debate) then it should have been Machynlleth.

Otherwise it basically means nothing, no matter what the Basseys who seem to believe that they're on a par with Paris, Madrid, Tokyo or the like feel the need to brag about in order to bolster their largely misplaced sense of self worth think.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2021 21:30]

I’ve never really thought about like that.

It’s not something that bothers me, mind.
Flags on 21:22 - Oct 19 with 823 viewsFlashberryjack

Flags on 19:50 - Oct 19 by 73__73

I know quite a few swans fans with Northern Irish connections, including myself.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Flags on 21:23 - Oct 19 with 822 viewsReslovenSwan1

Loyalism is a clear political movement in a part of the world that has seen a long lasting civil disorder deaths and injuries. These people are making a political point. One flag has no reference to the club at all and the other does. The Union flag seeks to align the club with loyalism. Swansea city should support peace and reconciliation (and de facto power sharing established 20 years ago).

Personally I do not want any political statements at the club. No BLM no knees no clenched fists, no poppies, on shirts no political flags. Recognise Armistice day with a clap wreath etc. Every activist want to get a piece of football to tap into 20,000 potential supporters.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Flags on 21:36 - Oct 19 with 799 viewstrampie

It's a disgrace for Swansea to be overrun by fans flying English flags and let's not kid ourselves the Union flag is synonymous with England and Englishness when it comes to sport and football, Swansea is/was a Welsh club and a proud Welsh club at that, sport is tribal, football is tribal, the Union Jack and Northern Ireland unionist flags represent the enemy in sporting terms, I never seen such flags in 70s and 80s, I'm disgusted by it all, if people from England or Northern Ireland want to support Swansea great but fly Welsh flags and not flags synonymous with England and Northern Ireland.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Flags on 21:39 - Oct 19 with 790 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City should be an inclusive club. Its supporters should feel comfortable displaying any flags they wish as long as not obviously beyond the pale.

We should not pander to the small minded bigots who seem to think that they can control what others believe.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Flags on 21:43 - Oct 19 with 786 viewsowainglyndwr

Flags on 18:45 - Oct 19 by pencoedjack

Not being disrespectful Ed but a lot of Swans deem themselves as British as well.

You are Right Pen, there are also a lot especially fans from the valleys who don't really feel British.

I'm not saying people would but its almost the same as Swans fans putting up a IRA flag,
After all many southern Irish settled in the Swansea Bay area to work in the steel work and Mond .
It's all dodgy ground
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024