Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flags 18:04 - Oct 19 with 5368 viewsTreforys_Jack

Not had a good flag thread for a while, there were 2 flags behind me on Sunday, a Swansea "loyal" on the Northern Ireland flag and a Union Jack with Swansea loyal or similar with London is our capital on it. Both lasted about 10mins before stewards removed them. What would be the cause of removal, pretty sure a few around me complained about them, one guy was going nuts asking them to be pulled down. Anyone else see these ?
Flags on 21:46 - Oct 19 with 802 views73__73

Flags on 20:59 - Oct 19 by Fireboy2

Now now that's a totally different argument.

You obviously don't know your history of league structure of when we were formed, if you did you would know there was no Welsh league to enter, we have got so successful it would be stupid to join the Welsh league now wouldn't it 🤷‍♂️

Doesn’t matter whichever way you want to put it, Swansea play in the English leagues.
Without the English leagues, football in Swansea would be nonexistent.

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Flags on 21:50 - Oct 19 with 791 viewsChief

Flags on 21:39 - Oct 19 by Dr_Winston

Swansea City should be an inclusive club. Its supporters should feel comfortable displaying any flags they wish as long as not obviously beyond the pale.

We should not pander to the small minded bigots who seem to think that they can control what others believe.

So let me get this right....

You don't think the people displaying flags with obvious loyalist (and probably terrorist) regalia and slogans are the bigots......

But some other section of our supporters are?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Flags on 21:51 - Oct 19 with 789 views73__73

Flags on 21:22 - Oct 19 by Flashberryjack

I know quite a few swans fans with Northern Irish connections, including myself.

Some people are having difficulty in believing someone would be able to move from one part of the U.K. to another part of the U.K.

Flags on 21:53 - Oct 19 with 785 viewsChief

Flags on 21:51 - Oct 19 by 73__73

Some people are having difficulty in believing someone would be able to move from one part of the U.K. to another part of the U.K.

So the Swans fans that have those flags are Northern Irish people? Do they come over just for games or do they live in Swansea?

Flags on 21:54 - Oct 19 with 780 views73__73

Flags on 21:50 - Oct 19 by Chief

You don't think the people displaying flags with obvious loyalist (and probably terrorist) regalia and slogans are the bigots......

You obviously haven’t got a clue what you are talking about.
Being a unionist or loyalist, doesn’t mean you support terrorism, it means you support the Union of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Flags on 21:54 - Oct 19 with 780 viewsDr_Winston

Flags on 21:50 - Oct 19 by Chief

"Probably terrorist".

That's your interpretation isn't it?

If people want to fly Loyalist or Unionist flags they should be free to do so. If people want to fly Nationalist or Independence flags they should be free to do so. If someone wants to fly a Congolese flag they can do it as far as I'm concerned. I don't care, unless it's something obviously wrong like a Swastika.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Flags on 21:56 - Oct 19 with 770 views73__73

Flags on 21:53 - Oct 19 by Chief

So the Swans fans that have those flags are Northern Irish people? Do they come over just for games or do they live in Swansea?

I don’t know, ask them if you see them.

Flags on 21:58 - Oct 19 with 766 viewsChief

Flags on 21:54 - Oct 19 by Dr_Winston

"Probably terrorist".

If people want to fly Loyalist or Unionist flags they should be free to do so. If people want to fly Nationalist or Independence flags they should be free to do so. If someone wants to fly a Congolese flag they can do it as far as I'm concerned. I don't care, unless it's something obviously wrong like a Swastika.

'obviously wrong'

Maybe some people (evidently a lot of people) think associating the club with a conflict which still festers and sparks up from time to time in which thousands died in a part of the world that has no real connection to Swansea or the football club is 'obviously wrong'

Login to get fewer ads

Flags on 21:59 - Oct 19 with 756 viewsChief

Flags on 21:56 - Oct 19 by 73__73

I don’t know, ask them if you see them.

Oh I thought you knew them by the way you were suggesting they were migrants from across the Irish Sea.

Flags on 21:59 - Oct 19 with 755 views73__73

Flags on 21:58 - Oct 19 by Chief

'obviously wrong'

Maybe some people (evidently a lot of people) think associating the club with a conflict which still festers and sparks up from time to time in which thousands died in a part of the world that has no real connection to Swansea or the football club is 'obviously wrong'

Do you feel the same when you see an Irish tricolour?

Flags on 22:03 - Oct 19 with 739 viewsChief

Flags on 21:59 - Oct 19 by 73__73

Do you feel the same when you see an Irish tricolour?

When it's just an Irish flag with no political or separatist slogans across it, no.

Usually they when they are displayed aren't to try and further a political cause are they. Because I've never seen any displayed that make any claim to owning Ulster or anything..

Flags on 22:04 - Oct 19 with 737 views73__73

Flags on 21:59 - Oct 19 by Chief

Oh I thought you knew them by the way you were suggesting they were migrants from across the Irish Sea.

I don’t are where they come from. They should be allowed to show those flags
Imagine Birmingham stewards on Saturday taking down a Welsh flag with Yes cymru on it.
How about banning the Stars and Stripes ( American imperialism)

Flags on 22:04 - Oct 19 with 734 viewsChief

Flags on 21:54 - Oct 19 by 73__73

You obviously haven’t got a clue what you are talking about.
Being a unionist or loyalist, doesn’t mean you support terrorism, it means you support the Union of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Well please educate me and tell me what exactly this has to do with Swansea City football club?

Flags on 22:07 - Oct 19 with 720 views73__73

Flags on 22:03 - Oct 19 by Chief

When it's just an Irish flag with no political or separatist slogans across it, no.

Usually they when they are displayed aren't to try and further a political cause are they. Because I've never seen any displayed that make any claim to owning Ulster or anything..

Supporting the union is perfectly legal. What if someone had an eu flag with no to Brexit on it ? Would you want that taken down ?

Flags on 22:07 - Oct 19 with 713 viewsChief

Flags on 22:04 - Oct 19 by 73__73

I don’t are where they come from. They should be allowed to show those flags
Imagine Birmingham stewards on Saturday taking down a Welsh flag with Yes cymru on it.
How about banning the Stars and Stripes ( American imperialism)

Yes I wouldn't be at all surprised if yes Cymru flags aren't allowed. I believe there have been complaint's about similar flags.

Why do you think the Stars and Stripes relates to American imperialism? Isn't it simply just the flag of their nation? When it doesn't have any slogans emblazoned across it?

Flags on 22:09 - Oct 19 with 700 views73__73

Flags on 22:04 - Oct 19 by Chief

Well please educate me and tell me what exactly this has to do with Swansea City football club?

Since when does a flag have to represent the club ? How do you know those flags didn’t belong to someone who is from Ulster ?

Flags on 22:10 - Oct 19 with 696 viewsChief

Flags on 22:07 - Oct 19 by 73__73

Supporting the union is perfectly legal. What if someone had an eu flag with no to Brexit on it ? Would you want that taken down ?

That's hardly comparable. Thousands of people died in the troubles. No one died fighting the EU.

But yes, as the rules go technically it should be taken down. It's s political symbol that has nothing to do with Swansea City football club.

Flags on 22:12 - Oct 19 with 695 views73__73

Flags on 22:07 - Oct 19 by Chief

Yes I wouldn't be at all surprised if yes Cymru flags aren't allowed. I believe there have been complaint's about similar flags.

Why do you think the Stars and Stripes relates to American imperialism? Isn't it simply just the flag of their nation? When it doesn't have any slogans emblazoned across it?

There was a Welsh flag at Sunday’s game with a slogan, buy your own fooking glue, should that be taken down ?

Flags on 22:12 - Oct 19 with 694 viewsFireboy2

Flags on 21:46 - Oct 19 by 73__73

Doesn’t matter whichever way you want to put it, Swansea play in the English leagues.
Without the English leagues, football in Swansea would be nonexistent.

You obviously didn't read my post thoroughly 🙄
Flags on 22:14 - Oct 19 with 681 viewsChief

Flags on 22:12 - Oct 19 by 73__73

There was a Welsh flag at Sunday’s game with a slogan, buy your own fooking glue, should that be taken down ?

Is 'buy your own fooking glue' a political statement?

Or a line from a film synonymous with the City. You know

the City of Swansea where the team plays.

Flags on 22:14 - Oct 19 with 681 views73__73

Flags on 22:10 - Oct 19 by Chief

That's hardly comparable. Thousands of people died in the troubles. No one died fighting the EU.

But yes, as the rules go technically it should be taken down. It's s political symbol that has nothing to do with Swansea City football club.

You obviously can’t tell the difference between unionism and terrorism , or do you think over 1,000,000 unionists in Ulster are terrorists

Flags on 22:16 - Oct 19 with 670 views73__73

Flags on 22:14 - Oct 19 by Chief

Is 'buy your own fooking glue' a political statement?

Or a line from a film synonymous with the City. You know

the City of Swansea where the team plays.

It could be making light of drug taking

Flags on 22:18 - Oct 19 with 663 viewsChief

Flags on 22:14 - Oct 19 by 73__73

You obviously can’t tell the difference between unionism and terrorism , or do you think over 1,000,000 unionists in Ulster are terrorists

I obviously can.

What I am struggling to decipher however, is what on Earth people wanting Northern Ireland to remain as part of Britain has to do with Swansea City football Club.

Flags on 22:20 - Oct 19 with 659 viewsChief

Flags on 22:16 - Oct 19 by 73__73

It could be making light of drug taking

Or making model aeroplanes.....

Flags on 22:22 - Oct 19 with 654 views73__73

Flags on 22:18 - Oct 19 by Chief

I obviously can.

What I am struggling to decipher however, is what on Earth people wanting Northern Ireland to remain as part of Britain has to do with Swansea City football Club.

Who said it has got anything to do with the club ? You are obviously seeing things that aren’t there.
Maybe we should have a flag vetting system in place, where all legal flags are scrutinised to make sure they pass the snowflake test.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024