Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rugby 20:49 - Oct 23 with 3705 viewsTreforys_Jack

Watching the Ospreys on S4C , what the hell has happened to rugby, its not the game I grew up watching, zero flair, its just an 80min arm wrestle, no wonder regional attendances are pathetic.
Rugby on 20:57 - Oct 23 with 2990 viewsonehunglow

Just as well you have me on ignore because I would offend you with my thoughts about Wales chances next Saturday

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Rugby on 21:03 - Oct 23 with 2998 viewsCatullus

It's thepragmatic choice see, entertainment doesn't matter, it's all about winning. Maybe that's why attendances are so low, because people actually want to be entertained.

I'm pretty sure a few on here would argue that point though, results are everything to them.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Rugby on 21:06 - Oct 23 with 2986 viewsTreforys_Jack

Rugby on 21:03 - Oct 23 by Catullus

It's thepragmatic choice see, entertainment doesn't matter, it's all about winning. Maybe that's why attendances are so low, because people actually want to be entertained.

I'm pretty sure a few on here would argue that point though, results are everything to them.

Its an awful standard cat, dread to think what the AB's will do to them next week or whenever it is. Apart from the odd result now and again, the Southern Hemisphere play a complete different game, its almost unrecognisable to the stuff served up by the regions.
Rugby on 21:09 - Oct 23 with 2970 viewsonehunglow

Rugby on 21:06 - Oct 23 by Treforys_Jack

Its an awful standard cat, dread to think what the AB's will do to them next week or whenever it is. Apart from the odd result now and again, the Southern Hemisphere play a complete different game, its almost unrecognisable to the stuff served up by the regions.

If they kick the ball away,it will be 50+ defeat.
With their full backs and wings it could be utter carnage.

Might just as well concentrate of set pieces and bore the shyte out of everyone.

Rugby on 21:13 - Oct 23 with 2974 viewsTreforys_Jack

Winning 15 - 10 atm, with 10mins to play, from my limited knowledge, it quite unusual to get a result against Munster isn't it?, so assume this will be a great win , if they indeed do win.
Rugby on 21:14 - Oct 23 with 2968 viewsbuilthjack

If the Swans continually kicked it to the opposition there is uproar.
Yet the modern rugby game is all about kicking it straight back to the opposition. Mad. Boring. Defeatist.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Rugby on 21:19 - Oct 23 with 2960 viewsTreforys_Jack

Rugby on 21:14 - Oct 23 by builthjack

Yet the modern rugby game is all about kicking it straight back to the opposition. Mad. Boring. Defeatist.

I was goin to ask, is box kicking effective ? Because that's all Rhys Webb seems to do , surely it invites pressure back on you. But what do I know 🤔
Rugby on 21:29 - Oct 23 with 2947 viewsProfessor

Very pragmatic display to beat a team who destroyed the Scarlets recently. The game has lost its flair and spontaneity though. The referee was excellent
Login to get fewer ads

Rugby on 21:35 - Oct 23 with 2939 viewsTreforys_Jack

Rugby on 21:29 - Oct 23 by Professor

Very pragmatic display to beat a team who destroyed the Scarlets recently. The game has lost its flair and spontaneity though. The referee was excellent

Yes she was.
Rugby on 22:49 - Oct 23 with 2886 viewsKilkennyjack

Rugby on 21:35 - Oct 23 by Treforys_Jack

Yes she was.

Excellent refereeing.

Beware of the Risen People

Rugby on 23:43 - Oct 23 with 2866 viewsProfessor

Rugby on 22:49 - Oct 23 by Kilkennyjack

Excellent refereeing.

Hollie Davidson- Scottish. Former scrum half. A 5 foot five scrap of a girl . Controlled the game superbly, took no crap and was consistent and clear without making herself the centre of attention. Streets ahead of much officiating in the EFL. Kudos to the URC (and pro14 before) for having the best officials regardless of who they are
Rugby on 23:51 - Oct 23 with 2863 viewsTreforys_Jack

Rugby on 23:43 - Oct 23 by Professor

Hollie Davidson- Scottish. Former scrum half. A 5 foot five scrap of a girl . Controlled the game superbly, took no crap and was consistent and clear without making herself the centre of attention. Streets ahead of much officiating in the EFL. Kudos to the URC (and pro14 before) for having the best officials regardless of who they are

It's difficult not to sound patronising, but she really was good, irrespective of her gender.Football could learn a lot from the way rugby officials are treated.
Rugby on 02:04 - Oct 24 with 2814 viewsDr_Parnassus

Rugby on 21:03 - Oct 23 by Catullus

If a fan doesn’t care if the team wins or not and just goes “to be entertained”, then I would argue they aren’t a fan at all.

May as well go to the cinema.

Football is about winning.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Rugby on 05:30 - Oct 24 with 2802 viewsTreforys_Jack

Rugby on 02:04 - Oct 24 by Dr_Parnassus

If a fan doesn’t care if the team wins or not and just goes “to be entertained”, then I would argue they aren’t a fan at all.

May as well go to the cinema.

Football is about winning.

It's your right to argue that, but it's not "all" about winning for everyone. Winning is important, but not everything, if it was, we'd all be Man City supporters.
Rugby on 06:09 - Oct 24 with 2797 viewsDr_Parnassus

Rugby on 05:30 - Oct 24 by Treforys_Jack

It's your right to argue that, but it's not "all" about winning for everyone. Winning is important, but not everything, if it was, we'd all be Man City supporters.

That’s what I mean, those that don’t care if the team wins or not and values their own entertainment over the welfare of the club, I don’t consider a fan.

A true supporter would prefer a drab game if a drab game meant their team have a better chance of winning.

I remember in the mid 90’s when we played some top teams of the time. Darlington come to mind, when they had Marco Gabbiadini, I prayed for a boring game, the less open it was the more chance we had of being in the game.

If I wanted to be entertained I would have chosen a Man City like you said.

Supporting Swansea is about wanting them to do well and as a result bringing money to the wider area and local community.

People who want entertainment and have a go at those preferring their team to do well really should stay at home and stick on a movie.

Rugby on 09:27 - Oct 24 with 2734 viewsonehunglow

Rugby on 21:14 - Oct 23 by builthjack

All Blecks do not kick good ball away Ken.

Rugby on 09:30 - Oct 24 with 2738 viewsProfessor

Rugby on 23:51 - Oct 23 by Treforys_Jack

It's difficult not to sound patronising, but she really was good, irrespective of her gender.Football could learn a lot from the way rugby officials are treated.

It is. I watched the last 30 minutes last night and was surprised to see her at first. I am a terrible armchair ref for rugby and usually end up shouting at randomness of scrum pens (refs have no idea) and the way back rowers get away with constant offside (Irish teams in particular), but got these areas spot on. She played to a high standard (Scotland U20s) and seemed to understand the flow of the game well. But as you said it’s hard not to sound patronising.
Rugby on 10:02 - Oct 24 with 2717 viewsmonmouth

Rugby on 09:27 - Oct 24 by onehunglow

This.

They kick well and effectively with a purpose. Just like Barry John did when the Lions destroyed them in 1971. Rugby has always involved good kicking, but now it’s just Rugby League with unlimited phases and offside defences, crooked put ins and rigged lines out.

It’s the lack of even basic skills that is incredible in full time professionals though. I guess they are too busy doing tackle drills to catch, pass and kick accurately. How far have we fallen when the likes of Hallam Amos is an international player.

Could be 100 points next week as a lot of Wales decent players not available as the match is outside the window. If we can keep it to an arm wrestle, that’s the only hope of non humilification.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Rugby on 11:28 - Oct 24 with 2696 viewsbuilthjack

Rugby on 09:27 - Oct 24 by onehunglow

True. Our lot boot it straight to the opposition full back. Continuously. Haven't the players and coaches got a brain?
I can't watch that shite now.
Prefer watching league.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Rugby on 11:34 - Oct 24 with 2688 views73__73

I enjoy rugby, and have been twice to watch the ospreys, once v Cardiff and once v Biarritz I think it was. I only lasted until half time for both matches, was so bored, and will not go again.
Skill and running with the ball has been replaced with just strength and kicking

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Rugby on 11:38 - Oct 24 with 2686 views73__73

There’s a great video on YouTube when Llanelli played the All blacks in 1973.
Those were undoubtedly great days ( before my time )
They drank Llanelli dry.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2021 11:39]

Rugby on 12:35 - Oct 24 with 2652 viewsTreforys_Jack

Rugby on 06:09 - Oct 24 by Dr_Parnassus

That’s what I mean, those that don’t care if the team wins or not and values their own entertainment over the welfare of the club, I don’t consider a fan.

A true supporter would prefer a drab game if a drab game meant their team have a better chance of winning.

I remember in the mid 90’s when we played some top teams of the time. Darlington come to mind, when they had Marco Gabbiadini, I prayed for a boring game, the less open it was the more chance we had of being in the game.

If I wanted to be entertained I would have chosen a Man City like you said.

Supporting Swansea is about wanting them to do well and as a result bringing money to the wider area and local community.

People who want entertainment and have a go at those preferring their team to do well really should stay at home and stick on a movie.

Absolutely happy for a drab game that we win, however not continued drab performances in a drab season, drab tactics and just plain boring. If that was the case then I would indeed rather go to the cinema and look for the result afterwards.
Rugby on 12:46 - Oct 24 with 2633 viewsDr_Parnassus

Rugby on 12:35 - Oct 24 by Treforys_Jack

Absolutely happy for a drab game that we win, however not continued drab performances in a drab season, drab tactics and just plain boring. If that was the case then I would indeed rather go to the cinema and look for the result afterwards.

Drab is depending on what you like though isn’t it.

One mans boring game is another mans exciting one.

The 0-0 games this season I absolutely hated, just nonsense passing for passings sake not going anywhere. Others enjoyed it because we had the ball.

Can’t please everyone.

Winning should please every true fan though.

Rugby on 12:57 - Oct 24 with 2624 viewsGwyn737

Rugby on 11:28 - Oct 24 by builthjack

True. Our lot boot it straight to the opposition full back. Continuously. Haven't the players and coaches got a brain?
I can't watch that shite now.
Prefer watching league.

I’ve started watching the NRL on Saturday mornings.

It’s the game I wish rugby union was.
Rugby on 12:59 - Oct 24 with 2623 views73__73

Rugby on 12:46 - Oct 24 by Dr_Parnassus

Drab is depending on what you like though isn’t it.

One mans boring game is another mans exciting one.

The 0-0 games this season I absolutely hated, just nonsense passing for passings sake not going anywhere. Others enjoyed it because we had the ball.

Can’t please everyone.

Winning should please every true fan though.

Not if you are a Real Madrid fan. Just as Jose Mourinho.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024