Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loan thread 22:07 - Mar 14 with 3577 viewsTreforys_Jack

When did "loan" players become a thing ? Listening to soccer Saturday and it was game after game where the goal scorer was on loan from another team. I know we've done relatively well using the loan market, but surely its detrimental to the sport.
I think it was Chelsea who had 20 odd players out on loan that cannot be right. It distorts whatever division these players are loaned to.

Edit
First players I remember being on loan to us were John Salako or Joey Beauchamp, any earlier?
[Post edited 14 Mar 2022 22:10]
Loan thread on 09:11 - Apr 16 with 554 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Loan thread on 20:13 - Mar 15 by Catullus

Didn't Chelsea have 35 out on loan a few seasons back? Several at their Dutch "feeder" team.

The rules should be changed. These players at Chelsea, 19/19/20 years old and on wages we could never afford if they were first team regulars here. it is harming the sport as a whole and simply reinforcing the dominance of a few teams at the top.

It's money again.

There was one point I think they had Salah, de Bruyne and Lukaku all out on loan at the same time.
Loan thread on 11:10 - Apr 16 with 521 viewsTreforys_Jack

Loan thread on 09:11 - Apr 16 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

There was one point I think they had Salah, de Bruyne and Lukaku all out on loan at the same time.

Corrupt system
Loan thread on 13:50 - Apr 16 with 492 viewsKeithHaynes

Loan thread on 23:08 - Mar 14 by STID2017

SANDY ALLAN
Scottish striker Sandy Allan had a loan spell at Swansea City during the 1972-73 season. A former amateur with Barnsley and Doncaster Rovers, he was a prolific goalscorer for Rhyl prior to joining Cardiff City for £12,500 in March 1967. He netted a hat-trick against Mjondalen in the 1969-70 ECWC and moved to Bristol Rovers for £12,500 in March 1970. Harry Gregg signed him on loan in March 1973 and he scored once in seven League games for struggling Swansea. He joined Cape Town City in March 1974, then had a spell as Harrogate Railway's player-boss before returning to South Africa to set up a window company.

He probably saw a lot clearer after he retired.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024