Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next Manager Sweepstake 20:31 - Jun 2 with 2594 viewsspell_chekker

There's not much info out there yet.

I'll have a sniff around.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Next Manager Sweepstake on 07:04 - Jun 16 with 339 viewsspell_chekker

Next Manager Sweepstake on 17:36 - Jun 15 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Is it all starting to get a bit messy?

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Next Manager Sweepstake on 10:57 - Jun 16 with 327 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Next Manager Sweepstake on 07:04 - Jun 16 by spell_chekker

Is it all starting to get a bit messy?

Please, not Appleton, and yes very messy.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Next Manager Sweepstake on 18:53 - Jun 16 with 298 viewsspell_chekker

Next Manager Sweepstake on 10:57 - Jun 16 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Please, not Appleton, and yes very messy.

I don't understand the Appleton thing.

He's had an OK career as a manager but he's getting to the stage where he's been round the track a bit.

I can't see here he'd fit with our 3 pillars of recruitment, academy and coaching. He can sort of tick thses boxes without being convincing.

Also, we're sure to be looking for someone who "understands" the town and who can build a club and a team in its image. Not on the cards at all as he's a Preston man.

The only thing I can think of is he'd be a number 2 in the way we had Calderwood and McCall. that could be a good move but would depend on who the head coach was.

We could always take him on an then swap him for Ryan Lowe.

Next Manager Sweepstake on 21:29 - Jun 16 with 287 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Next Manager Sweepstake on 18:53 - Jun 16 by spell_chekker

I don't understand the Appleton thing.

He's had an OK career as a manager but he's getting to the stage where he's been round the track a bit.

I can't see here he'd fit with our 3 pillars of recruitment, academy and coaching. He can sort of tick thses boxes without being convincing.

Also, we're sure to be looking for someone who "understands" the town and who can build a club and a team in its image. Not on the cards at all as he's a Preston man.

The only thing I can think of is he'd be a number 2 in the way we had Calderwood and McCall. that could be a good move but would depend on who the head coach was.

We could always take him on an then swap him for Ryan Lowe.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Next Manager Sweepstake on 06:13 - Jun 17 with 274 viewsspell_chekker

Next Manager Sweepstake on 21:29 - Jun 16 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Nixon hinting at "an appointment" being made today.

I hope he's right and I hope it's us - transfer windoow already open and pre-season training starting on Monday.

Next Manager Sweepstake on 08:44 - Jun 17 with 265 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Next Manager Sweepstake on 06:13 - Jun 17 by spell_chekker

Nixon hinting at "an appointment" being made today.

I hope he's right and I hope it's us - transfer windoow already open and pre-season training starting on Monday.

Next Manager Sweepstake on 11:34 - Jun 17 with 257 viewsspell_chekker

It's Appleton

Next Manager Sweepstake on 11:48 - Jun 17 with 256 viewsspell_chekker

Next Manager Sweepstake on 11:34 - Jun 17 by spell_chekker

It's Appleton

I'm not convinced by this.

It's ironic that Appleton first time around would've fitted the profile we'd / I'd prefer now. That being young, dynamic, up and coming, modern, ambitious etc ....

Appleton's had an OK career but has never lived up to early expectations. I reckon he made some poor career decisions. Coming to us under the Oystons being one and then jumping ship to the Venkeys another. As far as I can remember he then disappeared down a rabbit hole by going coaching for the FA, finally killing of any momentum. He buggered his career up this way and has done decent jobs since.

The Appleton we've got now isn't exactly damaged goods but he's getting to the stage where he's long in the tooth. Stale. Many managers are shadows of themselves after burning out in a demanding job but still keep going on the merry-go-round. As I fear, will this be the case with Appleton or will he manage to rekindle the desire?

A non-burnt out and revitalised Appleton could be a real success. The board have called it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024