Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City have no money but the Trust do. 12:13 - Aug 8 with 2288 viewsReslovenSwan1

The SCST had £880,000 in the last accoundts I read and are due another £500,000. I suggest the members stop moaning and get the SCST to reinvest the £500,000 back into the club by buying the new cheap shares due to become available in the Convertible loan note.

This will

a) Validate the commitment of the SCST to the day to day running of the club
b) Earn respect off the membership who feel badly let down but the court case fiasco
c) Reduce the effects of dilution
d) Help the club and the manager
e) Boost the image of the SCST who otherwise looks like passengers
f) Get respect off the other owners.

The Trust now has the option of never investing in the club again given that is it protected from dilution once their holding hits 5%. Put on the auto pilot and have a snooze.

I suspect this post will be seen as laughable. Why not invest?
[Post edited 8 Aug 2022 18:02]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swansea City have no money but the Trust do. on 12:23 - Aug 8 with 1855 viewsBadlands

Please god no more shares for this waste of space.
When I started reading I thought you were going to suggest the lend the money to the club to improve the squad … but I forgot it’s only the US consortium that should do that and the pther shareholders should give back the profit from share sales!

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City have no money but the Trust do. on 18:01 - Aug 8 with 1703 viewsReslovenSwan1

Any members with any comments on why the SCST should not re invest its £500,000 taken from the other owner / club(?) when it arrives?.

In the Santander current account it will get less than 1% interest with inflation at 9%+. With the CLN at a reported 5% it is a no brainer as far as I can see. If Mr SIlverstein can get 5% why not the Trust? Are these concepts a little to radical?

Once the convertible loan note is converted into shares the SCST contribution to overall investment into the club will be at my estimate 1.4% of the total investment made in the club post 2002 'Jenkinista era'. (200k out of £14m)

When you hand over your £10 or £5 or whatever please wonder how this money is benefiting the club? I cannot see it. From what I can see the only beneficiary or Santander Bank. All you get from them for you £1.3m is a couple of thousand interest and a cup of tea and rich tea biscuit.

What happened to Chief anyway.?
[Post edited 8 Aug 2022 18:04]

Swansea City have no money but the Trust do. on 18:07 - Aug 8 with 1686 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City have no money but the Trust do. on 18:01 - Aug 8 by ReslovenSwan1

Any members with any comments on why the SCST should not re invest its £500,000 taken from the other owner / club(?) when it arrives?.

In the Santander current account it will get less than 1% interest with inflation at 9%+. With the CLN at a reported 5% it is a no brainer as far as I can see. If Mr SIlverstein can get 5% why not the Trust? Are these concepts a little to radical?

Once the convertible loan note is converted into shares the SCST contribution to overall investment into the club will be at my estimate 1.4% of the total investment made in the club post 2002 'Jenkinista era'. (200k out of £14m)

When you hand over your £10 or £5 or whatever please wonder how this money is benefiting the club? I cannot see it. From what I can see the only beneficiary or Santander Bank. All you get from them for you £1.3m is a couple of thousand interest and a cup of tea and rich tea biscuit.

What happened to Chief anyway.?
[Post edited 8 Aug 2022 18:04]

If only people cared about the trust, they don’t. And I for one am pleased the relentless threads are a thing of the past. Proof if it was ever needed that clicks mean nothing, only in the minds of those who are looking for confrontation on Twitter etc.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City have no money but the Trust do. on 18:25 - Aug 8 with 1645 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea City have no money but the Trust do. on 18:07 - Aug 8 by KeithHaynes

If only people cared about the trust, they don’t. And I for one am pleased the relentless threads are a thing of the past. Proof if it was ever needed that clicks mean nothing, only in the minds of those who are looking for confrontation on Twitter etc.

This post has been edited by an administrator

If they do not care why to 1500 plus fans hand over £10 every season? This is 10% of those in the stadium on Saturday. What is the money for because it will never be used by the club it seems.

Swansea City have no money but the Trust do. on 18:29 - Aug 8 with 1641 viewsBillyChong

Why are the Americans having to loan money from anyone? Jenkins promised the next level under the yanks, instead we’ve got a sizeable debt to an American who’s yet to commit to converting his loan, money owed to Australian loan sharks, and are languishing in the bottom half of the championship with a manager who’s losing the fans. Why don’t any of the other 20+ yanks put their fingers in their pockets?
Swansea City have no money but the Trust do. on 18:46 - Aug 8 with 1609 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea City have no money but the Trust do. on 18:29 - Aug 8 by BillyChong

Why are the Americans having to loan money from anyone? Jenkins promised the next level under the yanks, instead we’ve got a sizeable debt to an American who’s yet to commit to converting his loan, money owed to Australian loan sharks, and are languishing in the bottom half of the championship with a manager who’s losing the fans. Why don’t any of the other 20+ yanks put their fingers in their pockets?

The are not loaning money from anyone they have brought in Silverstein as an investor. Jenkins did not promise next level but did say the US people had deeper pockets and could invest while the sellers could not. This is actually happening now if the CLN is converted.

Silverstein would not be here if he was not going to convert in my opinion.

The Chief has confused you . The Australian bank loan was standard banking business. A small fee paid to even out the transfer money which comes in in lump sums. A cash flow issue. It is comparing apples to pears. Losers of arguments create confusions and lose the weak of mind.

You want the lovely actress from LA to invest while the old men of Swansea Trust sit on £1.3m do not. A great Welsh freeloader scenario. A national embarrassment if you ask me. Even Ian Walsh is deluded. Further proof the members of the Trust are simply not up to being on the board of Swansea city. The 20 + probably have invested anyway.

Swansea City have no money but the Trust do. on 18:50 - Aug 8 with 1594 viewsDr_Parnassus

They should loan the club their money at 7% interest.

That makes perfect sense as they can’t spend it as it is. May as well help the club and make profit, in the long run.

I certainly wouldn’t be buying any shares though as they don’t have enough money to fend off dilution. Plus they are a group of people that have no idea what they are doing, the more basic the strategy the better.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Swansea City have no money but the Trust do. on 19:16 - Aug 8 with 1555 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City have no money but the Trust do. on 18:50 - Aug 8 by Dr_Parnassus

That makes perfect sense as they can’t spend it as it is. May as well help the club and make profit, in the long run.

I certainly wouldn’t be buying any shares though as they don’t have enough money to fend off dilution. Plus they are a group of people that have no idea what they are doing, the more basic the strategy the better.

Anything they do will end up in threats of violence on Twitter, people encouraging hatred towards the majority of them. Thankless task, no matter what they do it or when they do it. Loads of people with opinions out there who do nothing but complain.

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City have no money but the Trust do. on 20:19 - Aug 8 with 1497 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City have no money but the Trust do. on 19:16 - Aug 8 by KeithHaynes

Anything they do will end up in threats of violence on Twitter, people encouraging hatred towards the majority of them. Thankless task, no matter what they do it or when they do it. Loads of people with opinions out there who do nothing but complain.

They simply are there to act in the interests of the people they represent.

Put decisions out to the fans and carry out their wishes. If they do that, as well as keep decent lines of regular communication, then there can be little come back on them.

They made the biggest decision they have ever made with the largest impact on the club for decades not only without consulting their members - but against the members wishes.

I find it hard to not understand the anger felt towards them. Personal insults are never called for of course, but the incompetence of doing such things certainly will make them obvious targets for such frustrations.

Swansea City have no money but the Trust do. on 21:10 - Aug 8 with 1458 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea City have no money but the Trust do. on 20:19 - Aug 8 by Dr_Parnassus

Put decisions out to the fans and carry out their wishes. If they do that, as well as keep decent lines of regular communication, then there can be little come back on them.

They made the biggest decision they have ever made with the largest impact on the club for decades not only without consulting their members - but against the members wishes.

I find it hard to not understand the anger felt towards them. Personal insults are never called for of course, but the incompetence of doing such things certainly will make them obvious targets for such frustrations.

What is the members decisions are illogical and put the organization at risk from bankruptcy and ruination?.

The Trust stated they did not have funding to pursue the court case. In this case they could have gone back to the members and asked for a deposit of £500 each to take the case on. This would have seen the members running for the hills. They are to blame.

Swansea City have no money but the Trust do. on 21:17 - Aug 8 with 1429 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City have no money but the Trust do. on 21:10 - Aug 8 by ReslovenSwan1

What is the members decisions are illogical and put the organization at risk from bankruptcy and ruination?.

The Trust stated they did not have funding to pursue the court case. In this case they could have gone back to the members and asked for a deposit of £500 each to take the case on. This would have seen the members running for the hills. They are to blame.

Then the members would have to be blamed if that were the case. They have no remit to act in their own unqualified opinion.

The Trust is the membership, not the board. The board are there to carry out the memberships wishes, nothing more.

Swansea City have no money but the Trust do. on 21:57 - Aug 8 with 1389 viewsGwyn737

Swansea City have no money but the Trust do. on 18:50 - Aug 8 by Dr_Parnassus

…Is the correct response.
Swansea City have no money but the Trust do. on 22:06 - Aug 8 with 1372 viewsQJumpingJack

Lets rewind the clock back to Summer 2016 and see what was promised:

Swansea City have no money but the Trust do. on 22:09 - Aug 8 with 1360 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City have no money but the Trust do. on 22:06 - Aug 8 by QJumpingJack

Do you think with Cooper they would say they did ?

Swansea City have no money but the Trust do. on 22:40 - Aug 8 with 1314 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea City have no money but the Trust do. on 22:06 - Aug 8 by QJumpingJack

No great promises no talk of 'next level' from what I can determine.

No big splash
Best practice
Be competitive
Try and sty in the PL
Try to expand the stadium

Jenkins left with Potter in charge with a £7m transfer budget and James playing well at least until the end of the season. The US people have patched up the Trust relationship and invested £13m currently a loan. Martin has some way to go to prove he is the right man for the job and needs to up his game.

Swansea City have no money but the Trust do. on 23:38 - Aug 8 with 1285 viewsCatullus

Swansea City have no money but the Trust do. on 22:40 - Aug 8 by ReslovenSwan1

No great promises no talk of 'next level' from what I can determine.

No big splash
Best practice
Be competitive
Try and sty in the PL
Try to expand the stadium

Jenkins left with Potter in charge with a £7m transfer budget and James playing well at least until the end of the season. The US people have patched up the Trust relationship and invested £13m currently a loan. Martin has some way to go to prove he is the right man for the job and needs to up his game.

Res stop telling lies, SCFC have clearly borrowed money as it says in "CLN" convertible LOAN note.

The actress from LA isn't from LA, she's from Swansea but lives in LA. You always have to spin stuff.

Jenkins said they had to sell the club for it to move to the next level because they didn't have the money to take us there.

What you determine, assume or understand is always whatever suits your personal narrative. You always have to throw a cheap insult in somewhere too.

Silverstein is making profit on his loan with as of yet no sign of it being converted.. Its costing SCFC 500k per year in interest too.

There is little point in the trust investing in the club now, they don't have enough to make a difference. 1.3 million isn't enough to buy a player we want AND pay his wages, besides, would the owners take such an offer? You probably assume they will because that suits you but we just dont know. it seems to me they are more likely to sell another player because it reduces running costs but nbody wants to pay 20 million for Piroe.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swansea City have no money but the Trust do. on 00:10 - Aug 9 with 1268 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea City have no money but the Trust do. on 23:38 - Aug 8 by Catullus

Res stop telling lies, SCFC have clearly borrowed money as it says in "CLN" convertible LOAN note.

The actress from LA isn't from LA, she's from Swansea but lives in LA. You always have to spin stuff.

Jenkins said they had to sell the club for it to move to the next level because they didn't have the money to take us there.

What you determine, assume or understand is always whatever suits your personal narrative. You always have to throw a cheap insult in somewhere too.

Silverstein is making profit on his loan with as of yet no sign of it being converted.. Its costing SCFC 500k per year in interest too.

There is little point in the trust investing in the club now, they don't have enough to make a difference. 1.3 million isn't enough to buy a player we want AND pay his wages, besides, would the owners take such an offer? You probably assume they will because that suits you but we just dont know. it seems to me they are more likely to sell another player because it reduces running costs but nbody wants to pay 20 million for Piroe.

It is a loan due to be converted into an investment on the CONVERSION date. The Trust probably know this date. I know this because SIlverstein told he fans this in his last visit in a pod cast he wanted to buy shares with it.

I will be disappointed in him if he does not follow through as he has already been making club decisions it seems and discussing stuff with Martin. It would be a bit odd if he does not buy the shares do you not think?

It is not even crystal clear if any interest payment are made in the event of conversion. It depends on T&C as I understand it. Again the Trust will probably know this. We know the shares are sold at cheap price which is another reason the Trust should be buying some of them them.

The LA actress I was referring to is Mindy Kalling not CZJ by the way. I temporarily forgot her name. I pointed out the embarrassing fact that she personally had probably invested more cash in Swansea than the 1000+ strong members of the Trust with their whopping 21% holding.

The Trust can demand to be involved in the new spirit of openness. Why can outsider Silverstein buy them at a cheap price but the Trust not allowed to? I believe they can but do not want to. They are happy to coast to 5% ownership and the 'protection' they wanted.

Fisher was bought for £400k and £500k now would be very handy for Martin I suspect.

Swansea City have no money but the Trust do. on 00:47 - Aug 9 with 1259 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City have no money but the Trust do. on 20:19 - Aug 8 by Dr_Parnassus

Word perfect. Not much that can be argued with there surely.
Swansea City have no money but the Trust do. on 10:43 - Aug 9 with 1101 viewswhiterock

Swansea City have no money but the Trust do. on 19:16 - Aug 8 by KeithHaynes

Spot on Keith, my membership will be paid yet again, 21 years and counting
Swansea City have no money but the Trust do. on 11:06 - Aug 9 with 1082 viewspete

Swansea City have no money but the Trust do. on 10:43 - Aug 9 by whiterock

Spot on Keith, my membership will be paid yet again, 21 years and counting

first time in 12 yrs not renewing after the "DEAL" with out putting to the members
Swansea City have no money but the Trust do. on 13:26 - Aug 9 with 1017 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea City have no money but the Trust do. on 00:47 - Aug 9 by Treforys_Jack

Word perfect. Not much that can be argued with there surely.

Think again. I can argue with it.

The Trust board have to represent the best interests of the Trust not necessarily the wishes of the membership. The Board discovered they did not have enough money to go to court so could not deliver the wishes of the membership anyway.

The members who are arguing they feel let down have a childlike spoilt brat approach. They demand things they cannot afford. It was a bad idea going to court from 2016 onward as everyone knew it wa very expensive and everyone knew they had no money. It took them six years to face reality.

I am not lawyer but would not have been surprised if the potential action was unconstitutional. The Trust would have been taken on a very expensive long walk to ruination.

Buying shares in the CLN is a good investment They lose 5% through dilution and buy 1% back for £300k or so. This 1% would be worth £2m in the Premier league. 2% £4m.

Swansea City have no money but the Trust do. on 13:38 - Aug 9 with 1007 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City have no money but the Trust do. on 13:26 - Aug 9 by ReslovenSwan1

Think again. I can argue with it.

The Trust board have to represent the best interests of the Trust not necessarily the wishes of the membership. The Board discovered they did not have enough money to go to court so could not deliver the wishes of the membership anyway.

The members who are arguing they feel let down have a childlike spoilt brat approach. They demand things they cannot afford. It was a bad idea going to court from 2016 onward as everyone knew it wa very expensive and everyone knew they had no money. It took them six years to face reality.

I am not lawyer but would not have been surprised if the potential action was unconstitutional. The Trust would have been taken on a very expensive long walk to ruination.

Buying shares in the CLN is a good investment They lose 5% through dilution and buy 1% back for £300k or so. This 1% would be worth £2m in the Premier league. 2% £4m.

Mate you'd argue black was white and vice versa if you could shoehorn your HJ obsession into the discussion.
Swansea City have no money but the Trust do. on 13:55 - Aug 9 with 994 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea City have no money but the Trust do. on 13:38 - Aug 9 by Treforys_Jack

Mate you'd argue black was white and vice versa if you could shoehorn your HJ obsession into the discussion.

The members were duped. Look at the results not the spin. 6 years of posturing followed by surrender. It is not as if members were not warned.

Members were trusted to make good decision in the interests of the Trust and the club and have come up short.

Buying Swansea city shares 1% for £300k is a good investment do you not think? Silverstein want s to buy, the Trust put their cash in Santander for perhaps less than 0.5% interest pa..

Why are they not registering an interest in buying new shares? No answer. You tell me.

Swansea City have no money but the Trust do. on 14:18 - Aug 9 with 977 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ah, another Resolven thread about the Trust. I bet you’re a wheeze at dinner parties

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea City have no money but the Trust do. on 14:23 - Aug 9 with 969 viewsBrynmill_Jack

This 800k. The trust could gain immortality if they used some of it to pay Russ the imposter off

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024