Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New poppy badge 09:22 - Aug 14 with 2029 viewsTenbySwan

The new Poppy Badges are out at £4.99 each with the Swans one in pride of place in the promotional photo.

https://www.poppyshop.org.uk/collections/football-pins?utm_source=facebook&u
New poppy badge on 10:47 - Aug 14 with 1959 viewsswan65split

will these be available at the shop,?
New poppy badge on 10:54 - Aug 14 with 1956 viewsTreforys_Jack

New poppy badge on 10:47 - Aug 14 by swan65split

will these be available at the shop,?

Wouldn't have thought so.
New poppy badge on 12:35 - Aug 14 with 1916 viewsCatullus

New poppy badge on 10:54 - Aug 14 by Treforys_Jack

Wouldn't have thought so.

They should be though, the club should take pride in supporting this and use it in advertising. I wonder how many of our supporters are currently serving or are veterans? We should support this as a club even if its only for our own fans.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

New poppy badge on 12:57 - Aug 14 with 1900 viewsKeithHaynes

New poppy badge on 12:35 - Aug 14 by Catullus

They should be though, the club should take pride in supporting this and use it in advertising. I wonder how many of our supporters are currently serving or are veterans? We should support this as a club even if its only for our own fans.

There are quite a few on here.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

New poppy badge on 13:11 - Aug 14 with 1888 viewsCatullus

New poppy badge on 12:57 - Aug 14 by KeithHaynes

There are quite a few on here.

I know, I was wondering more about the whole support?

I've said it before, Keith, most of us have heroes, many are sporting heroes. My hero above all others is my Grandfather, a Royal marine Commando who survived the war. He came home and never boasted about what he did. All I have heard is he didn't talk about what he did, his attitude was the war is behind us now, lets get on with life. It seemed to me he was even ashamed of things he'd had to do though they had to be done.
Every year I buy a poppy and say thanks Grandpa and I will until my dying day.

Our other veterans deserve that respect too, as do those still serving.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

New poppy badge on 13:35 - Aug 14 with 1877 viewsswan65split

New poppy badge on 13:11 - Aug 14 by Catullus

I know, I was wondering more about the whole support?

I've said it before, Keith, most of us have heroes, many are sporting heroes. My hero above all others is my Grandfather, a Royal marine Commando who survived the war. He came home and never boasted about what he did. All I have heard is he didn't talk about what he did, his attitude was the war is behind us now, lets get on with life. It seemed to me he was even ashamed of things he'd had to do though they had to be done.
Every year I buy a poppy and say thanks Grandpa and I will until my dying day.

Our other veterans deserve that respect too, as do those still serving.

I can relate to that, my father was the same, never talked about it, its now as I reach old age I would love to know his army record, I have some details, but too know it all the info they seek I dont have.

The surreal thing is on a visit to Normandy in June I met a WW2 who was the spitting image of my father, we spoke for 10-15 mins through burning eyes,
New poppy badge on 15:11 - Aug 14 with 1852 viewsTreforys_Jack

New poppy badge on 13:35 - Aug 14 by swan65split

I can relate to that, my father was the same, never talked about it, its now as I reach old age I would love to know his army record, I have some details, but too know it all the info they seek I dont have.

The surreal thing is on a visit to Normandy in June I met a WW2 who was the spitting image of my father, we spoke for 10-15 mins through burning eyes,

Without being too intrusive, what info don't you have, I found they were really helpful when getting my Great Grandfather's.
New poppy badge on 15:17 - Aug 14 with 1845 viewspencoedjack

New poppy badge on 12:35 - Aug 14 by Catullus

I agree but by the time they sort it out it would be after Christmas.

Probably more concerned about selling pride bucket hats.
Login to get fewer ads

New poppy badge on 15:26 - Aug 14 with 1839 viewsswan65split

New poppy badge on 15:11 - Aug 14 by Treforys_Jack

Without being too intrusive, what info don't you have, I found they were really helpful when getting my Great Grandfather's.

I"ll Pm you .
New poppy badge on 16:25 - Aug 14 with 1815 viewsCatullus

I know some of my Grandads record, some of it came from friends who served with him. At Operation Agreement he had his next door neighbour and a neighbour from across the road in his platoon. I t was they that told my father some things, including the context of a letter home after one of those neighbours wives had written him that my Gran was "going dancing" with other servicemen while he was away, the info was passed on. it made the letters very real, very personal.
So from North Africa..well he had a Burma Star, the Africa Star, the Italy Star, the France and Germany Star and finally, my father says there was a Pacific Star too but he cannot find it, or couldn't the last time we spoke. 5 Campaign stars was the most you could get so where did he go, what did he see and do. I'd love to know but sadly I probably never will. All I know for sure is Tobruk (Op Agreement), El Alamein and D Day and many people may think that is more than enough.

I'll be buying a poppy tho maybe not an SCFC one, not if they won't supply them.

New poppy badge on 17:21 - Aug 14 with 1781 views73__73

The poppy Isn’t woke, so therefore the club will not be interested.

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

New poppy badge on 18:38 - Aug 14 with 1776 viewsswan65split

New poppy badge on 16:25 - Aug 14 by Catullus

I know some of my Grandads record, some of it came from friends who served with him. At Operation Agreement he had his next door neighbour and a neighbour from across the road in his platoon. I t was they that told my father some things, including the context of a letter home after one of those neighbours wives had written him that my Gran was "going dancing" with other servicemen while he was away, the info was passed on. it made the letters very real, very personal.
So from North Africa..well he had a Burma Star, the Africa Star, the Italy Star, the France and Germany Star and finally, my father says there was a Pacific Star too but he cannot find it, or couldn't the last time we spoke. 5 Campaign stars was the most you could get so where did he go, what did he see and do. I'd love to know but sadly I probably never will. All I know for sure is Tobruk (Op Agreement), El Alamein and D Day and many people may think that is more than enough.

I'll be buying a poppy tho maybe not an SCFC one, not if they won't supply them.

My father was in North Africa, I have 2 medals Africa star and campaign one, there were 3 other medals that went elsewhere. I was told they were the better of the 5 !
New poppy badge on 18:51 - Aug 14 with 1767 viewstheloneranger

You can apply online for RAF and Royal Navy service records, but only by post for the Army records.

It costs £30

There's a massive backlog for the British Army records.

https://www.gov.uk/get-copy-military-service-records

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

New poppy badge on 19:20 - Aug 14 with 1742 viewsTenbySwan

I did see them in the shop on previous years but they just had them.on the counter in the shop and not selling
That year in.the PL we had a game on remembrance weekend and I would quite happy gave stood outside the shop to sell as would many others I'm sure.
That year they would have sent loads back but could have sold them all with a bit of effort.
As I said I'm sure many would volunteer to sell.
New poppy badge on 19:25 - Aug 14 with 1735 viewspencoedjack

Why can’t people buy online?

https://www.poppyshop.org.uk/products/swansea-city-poppy-football-pin-2022

If possible add a donation as well 👍
New poppy badge on 19:58 - Aug 14 with 1710 viewsFireboy2

New poppy badge on 18:38 - Aug 14 by swan65split

My father was in North Africa, I have 2 medals Africa star and campaign one, there were 3 other medals that went elsewhere. I was told they were the better of the 5 !

One grampy who was also a desert rat had 3 stars, think 2 from North Africa and the other from Italy, don't know if he went into Germany though, no idea where they are, my other grampy was part of the Russian convoys, got told some hairy stories from my dad, only met the convoy one and i cant remember as i was a baby, he died sson after and the desert rat died in 53, absolutely gutted I didn't get to know them.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2022 20:00]
New poppy badge on 20:09 - Aug 14 with 1694 viewsswan65split

New poppy badge on 19:58 - Aug 14 by Fireboy2

One grampy who was also a desert rat had 3 stars, think 2 from North Africa and the other from Italy, don't know if he went into Germany though, no idea where they are, my other grampy was part of the Russian convoys, got told some hairy stories from my dad, only met the convoy one and i cant remember as i was a baby, he died sson after and the desert rat died in 53, absolutely gutted I didn't get to know them.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2022 20:00]

I was told he went into Italy, and that hed had a bad time.
New poppy badge on 20:45 - Aug 14 with 1683 viewsFireboy2

New poppy badge on 20:09 - Aug 14 by swan65split

I was told he went into Italy, and that hed had a bad time.

Thats a shame, my rat grampy got locked up in the cooler for tw@tting 3 yanks because he wouldn't stand aside on the pavement to let the arrogant c@nts pass, I've idolised him ever since my nan told me the story 😍
New poppy badge on 23:21 - Aug 14 with 1643 viewsKilkennyjack

If you can get some basic info then there are researchers who can help you for a relatively small amount to cover their. Most are ex-forces.

Cos they do it all the time they can work magic compared to what you can do yourself.
Especially if something is less than straight forward.

I would do it again without hesitation.
Did a great job and for a very reasonable fee. Very friendly.

Unless you want to do it yourself of course.
The fella more than doubled what i knew.

Beware of the Risen People

New poppy badge on 09:52 - Aug 15 with 1589 viewsswan65split

New poppy badge on 23:21 - Aug 14 by Kilkennyjack

If you can get some basic info then there are researchers who can help you for a relatively small amount to cover their. Most are ex-forces.

Cos they do it all the time they can work magic compared to what you can do yourself.
Especially if something is less than straight forward.

I would do it again without hesitation.
Did a great job and for a very reasonable fee. Very friendly.

Unless you want to do it yourself of course.
The fella more than doubled what i knew.

I am extremely pleased by the offers from you guys, as Ive told TJ I will dig out later this week or over the weekend the stuff ive got , have a look to see if theres any info I can find to assist.

Thanks again really appreciated all,
New poppy badge on 19:17 - Aug 15 with 1540 viewsTreforys_Jack

New poppy badge on 09:52 - Aug 15 by swan65split

I am extremely pleased by the offers from you guys, as Ive told TJ I will dig out later this week or over the weekend the stuff ive got , have a look to see if theres any info I can find to assist.

Thanks again really appreciated all,

No worries at all, good luck 👍
New poppy badge on 19:28 - Aug 15 with 1538 viewsFlashberryjack

New poppy badge on 16:25 - Aug 14 by Catullus

My father had the pacific star., aircraft carrier.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

New poppy badge on 19:39 - Aug 15 with 1531 viewsAnotherJohn

I'm all for seeing the poppy badge on the shirt. It is the other badge I'm not so keen on. Why on earth did we bin an elegant piece of graphic art for a cartoon-like depiction of a swan? I've had quite a few foreign visitors over the years who really liked our old badge.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024