Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What was your expectation for this season? 10:15 - Jan 21 with 2281 viewsJesusJack

With all of the doom and gloom going on here, I'm actually interested to learn what the general expectation was from the start of this season. I, for one, think we are pretty much where I expected us to be.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2014 10:17]

Poll: What was your expectation for this season?

What was your expectation for this season? on 10:16 - Jan 21 with 2275 viewsDarran

Mid-table.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

What was your expectation for this season? on 10:17 - Jan 21 with 2263 viewsJesusJack

Whoops, what have I done? lol

Poll: What was your expectation for this season?

What was your expectation for this season? on 10:18 - Jan 21 with 2258 viewsGretsch

I went for bottom half because of Euro
What was your expectation for this season? on 10:21 - Jan 21 with 2242 viewsWhiterockin

8-10 with the problems that Europe brings. But our injury problems have hindered that, I still expect 12-14 which I will be very, very happy with.
What was your expectation for this season? on 10:21 - Jan 21 with 2239 viewsperchrockjack

Ah well there s more to come Im sure but feckit...

When Bony signed I thought we d spend day and night getting them to work together as for me they can still be a force -a big one- I thought with us getting a back up striker and having the promising Donnelly in the wings we d finish 6-10th.

There we go. Next

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

What was your expectation for this season? on 10:41 - Jan 21 with 2208 viewsAndy1300

I opted for above 15th on the poll I believe

Number 1 team in Wales

What was your expectation for this season? on 10:48 - Jan 21 with 2200 viewsmonmouth

Only champions (before Xmas) and a European trophy would satisfy me. We also have to win every game

Oh and the fa cup obviously.

We're just rubbish really aren't we?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

What was your expectation for this season? on 10:55 - Jan 21 with 2185 viewsDull1Thomas

What was your expectation for this season? on 10:41 - Jan 21 by Andy1300

I opted for above 15th on the poll I believe

snap
On the basis we were going into second season syndrome .. as far as ML was concerned, Europe and a serious glass half empty approach to life in general.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Login to get fewer ads

What was your expectation for this season? on 10:59 - Jan 21 with 2180 viewsshandyjack

7/8 i genuinely thought, and if we hadn't had all the injuries i think we would be around southampton region now

Poll: Expectation for the season

What was your expectation for this season? on 11:01 - Jan 21 with 2175 viewsDarran

What was your expectation for this season? on 10:59 - Jan 21 by shandyjack

7/8 i genuinely thought, and if we hadn't had all the injuries i think we would be around southampton region now

7th FFS,fair play that made me laugh Shand.
7th mind.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

What was your expectation for this season? on 11:03 - Jan 21 with 2170 viewsshandyjack

yeah

this is how i saw the top 10 when i did that league prediction

Chelsea
Manchester United
Manchester City
Arsenal
Tottenham Hotspur
Liverpool
Swansea City
West Bromwich Albion
Everton
Fulham

how wrong was I, pre season delusions

Poll: Expectation for the season

What was your expectation for this season? on 11:08 - Jan 21 with 2161 viewsFrankyBurrowsTash

I thought European inclusion may halt your previous excellent progression through the league.
And that you would finish in the bottom half of mid table.

As For my side I knew we were in for a tough ride as soon as I saw Malkys Retained list.

Lappin,Smith,McNaughton,Cowie EtcEtc....
What was your expectation for this season? on 11:22 - Jan 21 with 2135 viewsJohnw102

I thought 9-10-11 and I still do and FA cup semi final at our second home would be a bonus.

And no I am not joking players coming back will be rested and fitter than other club's players that tend to tire around Feb/March and our run in seems to be reasonable.

41-43 points I make it.

Get behind the team and manager.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

What was your expectation for this season? on 11:27 - Jan 21 with 2122 viewspencoedjack

Finish between 8th & 12th

Last 32 of Europe

Nice run in one of the cups

Laudrup jumping up and down on the touch line like Tony Pulis

3 out of 4 still on track
What was your expectation for this season? on 11:36 - Jan 21 with 2109 viewsDewi1jack

What was your expectation for this season? on 10:21 - Jan 21 by Whiterockin

8-10 with the problems that Europe brings. But our injury problems have hindered that, I still expect 12-14 which I will be very, very happy with.

I thought somewhere between 12th and 15th at the start of the season, due to the EL factor and how far we progressed into the competition.
Many other teams have appeared to struggle with the Thursday night travels.
Even with our horrendous injury list, I still think the same. Once we get some of the boys back, we should be at least 14th at the end of the season.
Looking back, I'm just glad we didn't get this sort of injury list under Brenda otherwise we may be discussing if we can make the play-offs or come back up automatically.
No matter how much people slag off our players, we still have more strength in depth than we did in our 1st season. Most of the so called 2nd string players, would have been automatic selections then.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

What was your expectation for this season? on 11:43 - Jan 21 with 2100 viewsNaughty71

I honestly thought, even with the bad run from the Capital One cup to the end of the season (which we finished on a whimper to be honest), that with the new signings, we would be comfortably better in every way to the rest of our "league".

That means that i thought top 7 would be the regulars (Man U, Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool, Everton), bit of a gap, then us comfortably by 5-6 points above the rest.

How wrong I was. This year is proving particularly frustrating. The injuries and tiredness has really taken a toll on the squad. A squad, I thought, flourished with the extra games last year in the run up to the Capital One cup. We seemed to play better the closer together our games were.

I think what bolstered us for the last two seasons in the top flight, is the fact that we picked up points against those top seven, this season, it looks as if we are not going to pick up any points from those teams. So it is even more important to start playing better football against the teams around us, and ensuring that we take points from every game. Mind you, with penalties being denied us and fake hand ball calls in the box giving the opposition penalties against us, it is proving even more difficult for us to do that.

Never mind, we are where we are. Just keep the faith, get behind the team, and as long as we finish 17th or above, I will be happy.

"Who scored that Naughty?", "I don't know, I've forgotten my bl**dy glasses again!".

What was your expectation for this season? on 12:07 - Jan 21 with 2060 viewsshingle

Just to stay in the prem, all this finish in the top six or top half talk never washed with me, i was also gutted about us competing in the Europa, i just hope we can scrape through and keep our place in the Prem this season, next season should then be a little easier with out having to risk burn out again playing all these European games.
What was your expectation for this season? on 12:48 - Jan 21 with 2008 viewssammylee3

given the downer we are on with no players due to injury or otherwise we'll be lucky to stay up. Michu's knees and serious lack of players.

Laudrup and the boards have made too many cock ups with the squad for me sadly. We need 2-3 quality players asap. #threadbare
What was your expectation for this season? on 12:53 - Jan 21 with 1994 viewsblaine_scfc

I wanted 10th to 14th, not as good as last season but to stay up with ease.
What was your expectation for this season? on 13:04 - Jan 21 with 1972 viewslonglostjack

Top half finish and Europa League final in Turin

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

What was your expectation for this season? on 13:04 - Jan 21 with 1972 viewsClinton

I thought we had a good enough side to finish in top 8.

Didn't realise the impact Europe would have .

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

What was your expectation for this season? on 13:41 - Jan 21 with 1948 viewsDr_Winston

Comfortable mid-table finish and qualification out of the EL group stages.

One achieved, one looking dicey.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024