Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Respect 20:07 - Jan 31 with 4462 viewsTreforys_Jack

There is a serious lack of respect on this forum for the board. Grow up is it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Support the club, support the board.
Respect on 20:08 - Jan 31 with 3011 viewsunion_jack

Just a venting of the old spleen in frustration!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Respect on 20:10 - Jan 31 with 2987 viewsTreforys_Jack

I understand that, but it ain't like the board have let us down over the last decade or so.
Respect on 20:14 - Jan 31 with 2943 viewsunion_jack

Respect on 20:10 - Jan 31 by Treforys_Jack

I understand that, but it ain't like the board have let us down over the last decade or so.

That's a fair comment.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Respect on 20:37 - Jan 31 with 2794 viewsWatchman

Respect on 20:10 - Jan 31 by Treforys_Jack

The day the Board decided to accept Dividend the rule book changed, their call , so they have to take the consequence.
It is no longer a club owned by fans run by fans for fans

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Respect on 20:47 - Jan 31 with 2736 viewsTreforys_Jack

With respect, that's bollux !
Respect on 20:49 - Jan 31 with 2712 viewsdeanscfc

Respect on 20:37 - Jan 31 by Watchman

The day the Board decided to accept Dividend the rule book changed, their call , so they have to take the consequence.
It is no longer a club owned by fans run by fans for fans

how isn't it?
Respect on 20:53 - Jan 31 with 2678 viewsWatchman

Respect on 20:49 - Jan 31 by deanscfc

how isn't it?

investment is still needed on and off the pitch they decided to take money out of the club ( perfectly entitled too) but the moment they did the whole dynamic changed.
That is not criticism just a reality of cause and effect

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Respect on 20:55 - Jan 31 with 2644 viewsSwanfan1

Hehe I am just happy im not the only one,
finally you can all realize what is going on..

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

Login to get fewer ads

Respect on 20:57 - Jan 31 with 2604 viewsTreforys_Jack

Any board has to take the hit, irrespective of dividends or not. We have a board who won't push us beyond our means, and the new fair weather fans screaming that we haven't signed Lionel Messi can do one !
Respect on 20:58 - Jan 31 with 2600 viewssammylee3

Respect on 20:55 - Jan 31 by Swanfan1

Hehe I am just happy im not the only one,
finally you can all realize what is going on..

we are not signing Mata so all the UTD wannabe's start crying as we are looking at baragins
Respect on 20:58 - Jan 31 with 2599 viewsborinifanclub

respect.....rumours about emnes every transfer window now firmly put to bed!

Every day I thank the good Lord for the blessings he gives me. Every new day gives me a new opportunity to laugh at the red chumps up the road.

Respect on 20:59 - Jan 31 with 2577 viewssnork44

The board and the club don't deserve the fans! I have never seen such a fickle bunch of fools as on here, we are Swansea City not Man Utd, Bayern Munich or even Real Madrid. Get some perspective ffs, we are a small club punching way above our weight with a prudent board and a world class Manager. When Huw does something right he is lauded as a genius, but when it is something the glory hunters don't like he is public enemy number one.

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Respect on 21:02 - Jan 31 with 2550 viewssammylee3

Respect on 20:59 - Jan 31 by snork44

The board and the club don't deserve the fans! I have never seen such a fickle bunch of fools as on here, we are Swansea City not Man Utd, Bayern Munich or even Real Madrid. Get some perspective ffs, we are a small club punching way above our weight with a prudent board and a world class Manager. When Huw does something right he is lauded as a genius, but when it is something the glory hunters don't like he is public enemy number one.

you knows it !
Respect on 21:03 - Jan 31 with 2547 viewsTreforys_Jack

We are punching way above our weight, something some people fail to grasp.
Respect on 21:06 - Jan 31 with 2515 viewsSwanfan1

so is either Ronaldo, Mata, Messi or Ngog and Emnes and Bannan

Ok !

Respect on 21:13 - Jan 31 with 2475 viewsJackSomething

I'm still waiting for the penny to drop with some of our fans that it is not in the nature of our club to do major business in January.

The last (and only?) time the board were convinced to spend in January, they got their fingers burnt.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Respect on 21:13 - Jan 31 with 2472 viewsLiberty

The board have done amazing with the managers appointed and lots more, but there will come a time when they reach their peak and lack of experience and other factors will come in, its a fact of life unfortunately.

For now great job, but as soon as they started to take money out of the club they leave themselves open to questions.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Respect on 21:15 - Jan 31 with 2459 viewsShaky

Respect on 21:03 - Jan 31 by Treforys_Jack

We are punching way above our weight, something some people fail to grasp.

What you mean like Jenkins who said:

"When I hear some of our players and staff talking [about getting to 40 points] now it really upsets me that they can actually think like that, because you are more or less conceding a third of the games you play in before you start. I find that the hardest thing to take, that we have actually got staff and players that struggle at this point in time to see where we can compete. And that's the biggest challenge I've got, to make sure that turns around and that everybody working with the club believes if we keep doing things differently, we can compete, irrespective of the size of the club or budgets."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/nov/02/swansea-chairman-huw-jenkins-car

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Respect on 21:17 - Jan 31 with 2430 viewssnork44

Respect on 21:06 - Jan 31 by Swanfan1

so is either Ronaldo, Mata, Messi or Ngog and Emnes and Bannan

Ok !

Ngog, Emnes and possibly Bannan are squad players , Jesus wept who the hell are you expecting Rooney, Mata or Messi. The negativity on this board is astonishing I just shake my head at the fickleness of our so called fans

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Respect on 21:23 - Jan 31 with 2380 viewsTreforys_Jack

Respect on 21:15 - Jan 31 by Shaky

What you mean like Jenkins who said:

"When I hear some of our players and staff talking [about getting to 40 points] now it really upsets me that they can actually think like that, because you are more or less conceding a third of the games you play in before you start. I find that the hardest thing to take, that we have actually got staff and players that struggle at this point in time to see where we can compete. And that's the biggest challenge I've got, to make sure that turns around and that everybody working with the club believes if we keep doing things differently, we can compete, irrespective of the size of the club or budgets."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/nov/02/swansea-chairman-huw-jenkins-car

I'm talking about transfers, wages and general budget, not where we end up in the league. We laugh at them lot up the road spending obscene amounts of money on mediocrity but many of our "fans" would follow their lead.
Respect on 21:26 - Jan 31 with 2356 viewsSwanfan1

Arsenal fan:
Let's bid £15million for Bony. Swansea have bought in N'Gog and Emnes you never know....

Respect on 21:26 - Jan 31 with 2354 viewslovejuicejack

Respect on 21:23 - Jan 31 by Treforys_Jack

I'm talking about transfers, wages and general budget, not where we end up in the league. We laugh at them lot up the road spending obscene amounts of money on mediocrity but many of our "fans" would follow their lead.

The voice of reason, we would all love to sign the superstars of the football world but we are not in a position to do that. the signing's are loan players who if they don't perform can be f*cked off at the end of this season when we finish tenth.

Am I the only one who thinks Marvin will do alright for us?
Respect on 21:28 - Jan 31 with 2334 viewsblaine_scfc

Respect on 21:17 - Jan 31 by snork44

Ngog, Emnes and possibly Bannan are squad players , Jesus wept who the hell are you expecting Rooney, Mata or Messi. The negativity on this board is astonishing I just shake my head at the fickleness of our so called fans

Squad players who don't really cut it at championship level. I'd have preferred us to stay as we are, N'Gog was signed for cover, don't see the need in signing another championship player to sit on the bench.
Respect on 21:28 - Jan 31 with 2334 viewsSwanzay

The Emnes signing, highlights the fact we have our own
backroom staff, scouts etc, as in not MLs. The board have
highlighted this model for a long time over the last few
years, so that if a manager does leave our back room stage
wont automatically head in the same direction. This does
bring stability to the club and ML was aware of the set up
when he came and should be used to it as its common in
Spain. Many Spanish clubs operate this way!
Question is though is he happy with it and is that the reason
for the speculated friction between the board and ML and
why he may be not here next season?
Respect on 21:33 - Jan 31 with 2291 viewsJackSomething

Respect on 21:26 - Jan 31 by lovejuicejack

The voice of reason, we would all love to sign the superstars of the football world but we are not in a position to do that. the signing's are loan players who if they don't perform can be f*cked off at the end of this season when we finish tenth.

Am I the only one who thinks Marvin will do alright for us?

Neither Emnes nor N'gog fill me with excitement, but they're low-risk signings that have a chance of surprising us. Comparable to Brendan signing Routledge and Lita. One paid off, one didn't.

People have quite rightly been complaining that Vasquez and Donnelly are not good enough back-up to Bony. We now have two players who should be upgrades and can cover out wide also. If they don't work out, we don't keep them next season and acquire a better player in the summer for less money.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024