Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hoddle 21:52 - Feb 4 with 5390 viewsjruss1

James Pearce ‏@Pearcesport 8m

I'm told that Hoddle is abroad today, but is set to be interviewed for Swansea job before the weekend
Hoddle on 21:53 - Feb 4 with 4182 viewsDarran

FFS.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Hoddle on 21:54 - Feb 4 with 4153 views_Kieran

I'd take him. He's like a proven Garry Monk!

Who gives a f*ck what he said 16 years ago.

Reppin' Cwmbwrla, #SwanseaNation, south Wales. Trundleista. Lowri. ♥ - Cariad gyda fy holl galon, y dywysoges Llanelli. Almost as much as I love the Swans. It's G to the Monk. You ain't ready for this kinda technology - N Dizz. #TMT #TheMonkTeam. “I watched the West Ham game last weekend and, I can’t make stuff up, it wasn’t great at all, was it? I’ve spoken individually to all the players and I’ve told them all what I expect from them." “We’re all in this together and I want everyone to know that we’ve given our all. That’s all I can ask for.”

Hoddle on 21:55 - Feb 4 with 4115 viewsWhiterockin

Strange but I would be happy to have him at the start of the season, but with 14 games to go I am not so sure.
Hoddle on 21:55 - Feb 4 with 4109 viewsattila_the_hun

Hoddle on 21:54 - Feb 4 by _Kieran

yes to Hoddle

"I'm Free"

Hoddle on 21:55 - Feb 4 with 4098 viewsSwansNZ

Hoddle on 21:54 - Feb 4 by _Kieran

16 years ago is the bit that is worrying

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Hoddle on 21:56 - Feb 4 with 4066 viewsRancid

Really hope not.
Hoddle on 21:57 - Feb 4 with 4016 viewsJJJack

Hoddle on 21:53 - Feb 4 by Darran

FFS.

Now if you thought ML was an oddball.............
Hoddle on 22:00 - Feb 4 with 3955 viewsaspas45

Does he play a passing game????

Poll: Surprise first team last minute signing tomorrow?

Login to get fewer ads

Hoddle on 22:00 - Feb 4 with 3950 viewsGeoffThom

Few years ago would have said not on your nelly ,but he's either got off the drugs or got some form of treatment but seems far more rational and grounded and many many pundits are now raving about him but as I said on another stream are we better going back to basics or do the board get star struck again ?
Hoddle on 22:03 - Feb 4 with 3871 viewsWarwickHunt

Hoddle on 22:00 - Feb 4 by aspas45

No but he waves his arms about a lot.

Fending off evil spirits, probably. F*cking nutter.
Hoddle on 22:04 - Feb 4 with 3847 viewsJonnyTheJack

Do the board go British again like they did with Brendan after what happened to Sousa.
Hoddle on 22:04 - Feb 4 with 3820 views_Kieran

He was extremely knowledgeable about our club pre Tottenham on BT Sport I watched the whole intro.

Reppin' Cwmbwrla, #SwanseaNation, south Wales. Trundleista. Lowri. ♥ - Cariad gyda fy holl galon, y dywysoges Llanelli. Almost as much as I love the Swans. It's G to the Monk. You ain't ready for this kinda technology - N Dizz. #TMT #TheMonkTeam. “I watched the West Ham game last weekend and, I can’t make stuff up, it wasn’t great at all, was it? I’ve spoken individually to all the players and I’ve told them all what I expect from them." “We’re all in this together and I want everyone to know that we’ve given our all. That’s all I can ask for.”

Hoddle on 22:06 - Feb 4 with 3787 viewsattila_the_hun

Hoddle on 22:04 - Feb 4 by _Kieran

He was extremely knowledgeable about our club pre Tottenham on BT Sport I watched the whole intro.

"I'm Free"

Hoddle on 22:07 - Feb 4 with 3759 views_Kieran

The manager should release a statement at this point in time these rumours must be unsettling for the squad.

Hoddle on 22:07 - Feb 4 with 3760 viewsJACKARSE

Hoddle on 21:55 - Feb 4 by Whiterockin

Strange but I would be happy to have him at the start of the season, but with 14 games to go I am not so sure.

Stop gap until the end of the season maybe
Be fvcking difficult for anyone with just 14 games
Someone who speaks Spanish might help
Hoddle on 22:09 - Feb 4 with 3689 viewsDarran

Hoddle can't wipe his arse without John Gorman.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Hoddle on 22:14 - Feb 4 with 3610 viewsJJJack

Have many good friends over the yrs who are Spurs fans and a couple of Chelsea fans. I lived in London when Hoddle managed both of these plus of course England. The summation would be:
* Excellent tactician (several England players said he was unparalleled as England manager, better than the much heralded Venables).
* Good judge of player
* Good at identifying specific problems and bringing in players to match his tactics/style of play. Did quite well at Chelsea. Not so well at Spurs. Great football say Wolves fans..not always great results.
* Did supremely well at Swindon
* Best win % as england manager ever (at that time)
* Superb contacts across the football world
* Has run a successful "second chance" academy and got some "abandoned" pro's back into the game
* Extremely good coach
* Very dislikeable individual (according to players). Extremely arrogant. Used to get wound up that players couldn't do what he could do in training and couldn't always implement his tactics.
* Had man-management issues at times, largely because of the above....but was apparently good with the younger players. Used Gorman and Taylor to smooth player-manager relations....both people who were hrealded as being excellent communicators.
Hoddle on 22:14 - Feb 4 with 3609 viewsswanjackal

No, he can't have, the passing game was invented by Martinez in 2007, and Hoddle hasn't managed since 2006.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Hoddle on 22:17 - Feb 4 with 3567 viewsJJJack

Hoddle on 22:14 - Feb 4 by swanjackal

No, he can't have, the passing game was invented by Martinez in 2007, and Hoddle hasn't managed since 2006.

Post of the day!
Hoddle on 22:20 - Feb 4 with 3481 viewsexiledclaseboy

Hoddle's mental. And he needs a haircut. Know his stuff though.

Poll: Tory leader

Hoddle on 22:20 - Feb 4 with 3480 viewsDull1Thomas

Now we're talking Yoda level odd.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Hoddle on 22:25 - Feb 4 with 3386 viewsJethroJack

Hoddle on 22:07 - Feb 4 by _Kieran

The manager should release a statement at this point in time these rumours must be unsettling for the squad.

What "manager"?
We haven't got one any more!
Hoddle on 22:26 - Feb 4 with 3372 viewsLiam12345

when we played Tottenham and he was a pundit they were slagging us off and he was defending us and picking out our weaknesses such as we are not attacking enough, to slow and basically hitting the ail on the head all the time.

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

Hoddle on 22:28 - Feb 4 with 3336 viewsDull1Thomas

TBF He used to be pilloried by the 'experts' for getting his teams passing the ball.
One of the players I used to think was just too good to be English.
As a manager .. been out of the game a while! But after today nothing would surprise me.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Hoddle on 22:28 - Feb 4 with 3334 viewsC_jack

Why on earth is there an almighty effort from the media/sky to get Hoddle back into management? very strange.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024