Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Difference Monk/Laudrup 08:19 - Feb 21 with 3067 viewsGretsch

Certainly not slating ML just looking for differences, what you all think highlights this.

For me yesterday I straight away thought that it was emphasised when he brought on Emnes to continue chasing the game, ML would have brought on Amat IMO and just tried to hold it. (If he wasnt already playing that is)

I think we are far more positive in overall approach, direction and attitude.

Look at Chico no petulance just solid performances every game.
Difference Monk/Laudrup on 08:36 - Feb 21 with 3015 viewsMattG

The biggest difference for me is that we are, once again, defending from the front - harrying the opposition, forcing them into mistakes and winning the ball back much further up the field.

As a result, the back four looks more solid and we're on the front foot which gives the likes of Dyer and Pablo the chance to really cause problems.
Difference Monk/Laudrup on 09:15 - Feb 21 with 2941 viewsJackSomething

I don't really want to rake up the whole Laudrup debate again, but there are some obvious immediate improvements.

As has been said, the energy levels and pressing the ball have shot back up. We played like this in the first half of last season, but then a strange lethargy seemed to set in that never went away.

Some of the quick one-touch interplay last night was superb. For me, this ties to the increased energy levels. When you harry the opposition and win the ball back quickly, you tend to play with a higher tempo when you have the ball.

What surprised me is how many players seem far happier and more motivated under Monk.

Ash has gone from head down, moaning constantly to looking committed and leading the team by example.
Chico is back to last season's harrying, ball-winning defender.
Dyer and Routledge look thrilled to allowed to be wingers again (although Dyer has been playing well all season to be fair)
The biggest difference is Pablo. It's like Monk has told him he's a brilliant player and his job is to be the creative heartbeat of the team. He's been superb since Cardiff and last night was the highlight (so far). If just one of those through balls had come off it would have been impressive, instead he weighted them perfectly time after time.

I think Laudrup did a great job here and he has my thanks, but no-one can claim we haven't improved significantly since Garry took over. Is it just the new manager bounce? We'll have to wait and see.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Difference Monk/Laudrup on 10:19 - Feb 21 with 2883 viewsperchrockjack

Its a huge difference JS but I cant work out modern day footballers

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Difference Monk/Laudrup on 10:26 - Feb 21 with 2861 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The difference is massive in so many ways and for me especially it's how we are playing without the ball.

Having said that, after Laudrup's first four matches in charge including our biggest ever Premier league win at QPR and stuffing West Ham there weren'tt any complaints.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Difference Monk/Laudrup on 10:31 - Feb 21 with 2844 viewsperchrockjack

Looks like Monk stays awake during games too and speaks to the players as they are playing ffs

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Difference Monk/Laudrup on 11:14 - Feb 21 with 2787 viewsJackSomething

Difference Monk/Laudrup on 10:26 - Feb 21 by Joe_bradshaw

The difference is massive in so many ways and for me especially it's how we are playing without the ball.

Having said that, after Laudrup's first four matches in charge including our biggest ever Premier league win at QPR and stuffing West Ham there weren'tt any complaints.

Fair point, shouldn't get carried away. Encouraging so far, but early days yet.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024