Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A managers intentions 09:06 - Feb 21 with 1212 viewsderijack

I was thinking about the departures of Martinez, Rodgers and Laudrup and was wondering what you guys think.

As we know, Martinez and Rodgers always played the I love it her / I am not leaving card (more so Martinez) and the players / fans were always happy and performing well right to the end.

Obviously when they left there was a lot of hurt and ill feeling towards them from our end (not everyone!) but Martinez and Rodgers themselves never had a bad word to say about the club.

Laudrup took the approach of never letting the fans get their hopes up by not stating his love for the club (perhaps rightly so) or saying he was staying. This seemed to result in uncertainty wtihin the fans, no real bond, the players weren't happy and perhaps we couldn't attract players because of it.

Then when he leaves he drags the club through the dirt with a silly press conference and we as fans seem apathetic towards it all.

So in hindsight, what would we prefer? and does it affect how you now feel about Martinez and Rodgers?

A managers intentions on 09:11 - Feb 21 with 1189 viewsDr_Winston

Can't recall Rodgers ever spinning the "I love the cloob" bullsh*t. There was always the sense with him that his targets were set a lot higher than us.

Besides, there was a lot more behind Laudrup's departure than that.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

A managers intentions on 09:15 - Feb 21 with 1173 viewsLiberty

I think we must have covered this topic from every conceivable angle possible already.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

A managers intentions on 09:16 - Feb 21 with 1172 viewsderijack

A managers intentions on 09:11 - Feb 21 by Dr_Winston

Can't recall Rodgers ever spinning the "I love the cloob" bullsh*t. There was always the sense with him that his targets were set a lot higher than us.

Besides, there was a lot more behind Laudrup's departure than that.

True, I think Rodgers was more down to the fact he said he was staying (or was it Huw?) and then left.

I am not suggesting that is the sole reason for Laudrup leaving, but the general malaise around the club I have no doubt emanated from him and snowballed into the situation that led him to be sacked.

A managers intentions on 09:18 - Feb 21 with 1160 viewsoldcob

Last season he was great for us. This season he seemed uninterested and lacked passion for the club. Only after he was fired did he say that he would have been here next year, he was non committal before that. I think he lacks commitment and no matter what job he's in he'll lose interest after a while. The boys need to take to the pitch thinking they can beat the world not hear their manager say they are a second class premier team.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024