Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EPL Best and Worst Signings of the Season 13/14 12:50 - Feb 26 with 1995 viewsGeneration_Terrorist

Was having a discussion with a few mates from university (Arsenal, Spurs, City, Newcastle and Schalke fans), and it was unanimously agreed among them that, after a slow start, Bony has been one of the signings of the season, second only to Negredo in the striker role (has 7 more goals than Bony, but cost £8 million more and has played more games I think). Fernandinho was also mentioned, alongside Barry, Flamini and Pulis (makes sense I suppose).

Worst was Cornelius, Soldado, Lamela, Altidore, Osvaldo and Van Wolfswinkle, with Fellaini only missing out through injury.

Think it's by now evident that we've pulled off an absolute corker of a signing with Bony, who is destined for far greater things than us I fear (unless we win the Europa League and storm the CL next season ), and thankfully, we seem to have avoided any gash *permanent* signings (on big £££ at least).

Any other additions/omissions from these hallowed lists?
[Post edited 26 Feb 2014 12:55]

"There's no cure for being a c**t."

EPL Best and Worst Signings of the Season 13/14 on 14:24 - Feb 26 with 1847 viewsFar_Post

Loic Remy has been a decent signing for Newcastle and Sunderland have done well bringing in Ki off us for the season. Dejan Lovren for Southampton as well.

Not many others have hit the headlines and there have been a fair amount of flops. Ozil has not yet justified his massive transfer fee at Arsenal, Jozy Altidore for Sunderland has come from the same league as Bony after scoring a hatful of goals but has looked well out of his depth.

I just pray we get to see Bony and Michu play together when they are both in form and fully fit as that would be something if it works. I know they played together earlier in the season but it is only since Christmas that Bony has really hit form.

Blog: The C Word

EPL Best and Worst Signings of the Season 13/14 on 14:29 - Feb 26 with 1832 viewsDevz00

I'd say Loic Remy has been a fantastic signing. There are a few who are looking like they are going to be good signings - Jelavic for example, but I think Remy has shown all season how important he is to Newcastle. Lukaku was doing well until his injury. Adrian has been a very good signing for West Ham too.

Cardiff would have their own section of the bad transfers list .

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024