Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Perspective. 22:04 - Feb 27 with 1518 viewsjudgejonevs

Being in the premier league has I fear caused some people to lose their sense of perspective. I know that we cannot live in the past but we cannot forget it. We have to look to the future because that's what will ultimately make the club succeed. We have been knocked out of the Europa league by a team in 3rd place in a European league where the top 4 or 5 are amongst the best in Europe. Napoli who narrowly missed out on qualifying for the knockout phase of the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE paid 34.5 million for one player. Were we disgraced tonight, no, we competed and a few individual errors cost us but that's football and it has been all the time I've watched this team in any league we've been in. I am immensely proud of this team and my only disappointment is that we didn't beat a team I think we deserved to beat over two legs. An amazing effort tonight simply amazing.

Life is too short !!!!!!!!! Swansea til I die...........

Perspective. on 22:11 - Feb 27 with 1464 viewsjeza739

Absolutely!! Yes a few errors were disappointing but they would say the same too. Over the two legs we were the better team without doubt. Yes we are all disappointed but look at it another way, we could have been beaten comprehensively stuffed over the tie (personally I think we would of a month ago). We werent, we were as good as if not better than a top Italian team. Onward and upward and let's keep a sense of perspective
Perspective. on 23:49 - Feb 27 with 1328 viewsJethroJack

Just to ram this point home...they beat Dortmund, Marseille & Arsenal much more convincingly than their fluked win against us. Also, only 2 weeks ago, they beat 2nd place Roma 3-0 (5-3 on aggregate) in the Coppa Italia semis.

And we made them look VERY AVERAGE over 180 minutes
[Post edited 27 Feb 2014 23:50]
Perspective. on 23:54 - Feb 27 with 1312 viewsUxbridge

So long as we stay up, I think we can look very favourably at this season and be optimistic about the future. If we stay up of course. More hard work starts now.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Perspective. on 00:00 - Feb 28 with 1296 viewsJethroJack

The break after Palace because of the postponed Arsenal game should be a big help.

More training sessions for GM.
Players can rest & re-charge.
Players can recover from various knocks.

BRING IT ON
Perspective. on 01:31 - Feb 28 with 1237 viewsCatullus

Perspective. on 00:00 - Feb 28 by JethroJack

The break after Palace because of the postponed Arsenal game should be a big help.

More training sessions for GM.
Players can rest & re-charge.
Players can recover from various knocks.

BRING IT ON

This. As proud of our team as I am tonight, we have a more important game on Sunday. Then a chance to regroup, rest and prepare for the last third of the league season.
If we keep playing like this we'll be comfortably safe. But I'll take nothing for granted, starting with Palace!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024