Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
who has improved... 14:11 - Feb 28 with 7044 viewsmidswan

the most post Laudrup/under GM ? For me the entire team looks brighter but in particular I would say JDG,Routs and Pablo have looked loads better/more comfortable.
who has improved... on 14:16 - Feb 28 with 4438 viewsscottishjack

I would add Chico to your list over the past few games.
who has improved... on 14:19 - Feb 28 with 4415 viewsmidswan

who has improved... on 14:16 - Feb 28 by scottishjack

I would add Chico to your list over the past few games.

couldn't disagree....on the last few games.
who has improved... on 18:32 - Feb 28 with 4283 viewsPlasticman

None. They're just playing a different style.

It's obvious Monk is asking them to pressure, while Laudrup was all about conserving energy for when it was needed. The former (Monks) is more viewer friendly, the latter (Laudrups) is more focused on participating in as many competitions as possible (ie. he's a cup oriented person).

I like how many people are saying "there's always another cup", when the truth is the club never really did as well in the cups with the pressure style as with he conservation of energy long term strategy.

At least there is one major piece of silverware in the cabinet now, which nobody can take away form having been there.

Plastic since 2012

who has improved... on 18:39 - Feb 28 with 4262 viewsVetchitBack

I think it's testament to both how good a manager Monk is and how much Laudrup had run out of steam that I'd nominate De Guzman and Hernandez - two very-much "Laudrup" players.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

who has improved... on 19:19 - Feb 28 with 4191 viewsexiledclaseboy

Pablo, without a single shadow of a doubt.

Poll: Tory leader

who has improved... on 19:32 - Feb 28 with 4158 viewsSwansNZ

Pablo, with honorable mentions to Routledge and Chico.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

who has improved... on 20:43 - Feb 28 with 4082 viewslegoman

Pablo for me too. He's been simply outstanding the last few games. I criticised him a while back, but now I am happy to say I was talking utter cobblers. Sorry Pablo, I won't do it again.

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

who has improved... on 08:56 - Mar 1 with 3924 viewsJackSomething

who has improved... on 20:43 - Feb 28 by legoman

Pablo for me too. He's been simply outstanding the last few games. I criticised him a while back, but now I am happy to say I was talking utter cobblers. Sorry Pablo, I won't do it again.

If anyone claims the performances of the players haven't improved significantly since Monk came in, they're either clueless or the worst kind of Laudrup sycophant.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Login to get fewer ads

who has improved... on 09:47 - Mar 1 with 3884 viewspencoedjack

Totally agree
who has improved... on 09:59 - Mar 1 with 3860 viewsGiant_Penguins

All the players that has come back from injury (Pablo, jdg, heck half the team has just come back from injury). Not sure whether it's because of Monk or getting back into it after injury. Pablo always needed a few games to get back to his best. Maybe Chico has been the most transformed, also didn't have injury.
who has improved... on 10:03 - Mar 1 with 3849 viewsAl_Bundy

Routledge has improved. He has gone on far more mazy runs and beaten fullbacks and runs through the middle. He is still lacking confidence in front of goal which hopefully will change. Shames he can't cross with his left foot.
who has improved... on 10:35 - Mar 1 with 3822 viewsLeonisGod

who has improved... on 20:43 - Feb 28 by legoman

That's what made the transfer window so annoying with lots of people thinking we had to spend reasonably big to bring in 'quality'. We already had decent players, the problem is that we weren't seeing the best from them. That seems to have changed and we are looking like a team again.

I'm not saying we shouldn't be looking to add quality when we can, just that the current team is good enough to stay in this league and spring a few shocks along the way.
who has improved... on 11:21 - Mar 1 with 3772 viewsperchrockjack

Pablo was flaky,frail and not showing much guts.
For whatever reason now he s a new player and frankly its a staggering turn around.

Have to admit I don't understand the mentality of many top league footballers,as it seems they all need a cuddle.

Routledge too has showed incredible upturn in desire. I truly believe that desire was what was missing

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

who has improved... on 11:26 - Mar 1 with 3760 viewsBrynmill_Jack

who has improved... on 11:21 - Mar 1 by perchrockjack

Pablo was flaky,frail and not showing much guts.
For whatever reason now he s a new player and frankly its a staggering turn around.

Have to admit I don't understand the mentality of many top league footballers,as it seems they all need a cuddle.

Routledge too has showed incredible upturn in desire. I truly believe that desire was what was missing

I think Routledge to be fair was playing shackled under Laudrup's orders. I think he desire was there. But he's found his mojo now alright and is back to the form where last year I said he would have been player of the year (if it hadn't been for Michu).

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

who has improved... on 11:46 - Mar 1 with 3726 viewsperchrockjack

if that was true Bryn then it makes it truly shocking. Hes got a a lot of control now ;be nice of he could use his left foot though

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

who has improved... on 11:49 - Mar 1 with 3718 viewsBrynmill_Jack

who has improved... on 11:46 - Mar 1 by perchrockjack

if that was true Bryn then it makes it truly shocking. Hes got a a lot of control now ;be nice of he could use his left foot though

Yes but there's nothing wrong with his lifted right foot crosses from the left though. Bony likes them!

who has improved... on 12:00 - Mar 1 with 3696 viewsmonmouth

P.A.B.L.O.

The fact that I was also thinking about Routs shows how much he's come out of his shell too though. The whole team has improved though out of all recognition. They're helping each other now, and making space for each other.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

who has improved... on 12:02 - Mar 1 with 3692 viewsBrynmill_Jack

who has improved... on 12:00 - Mar 1 by monmouth

P.A.B.L.O.

The fact that I was also thinking about Routs shows how much he's come out of his shell too though. The whole team has improved though out of all recognition. They're helping each other now, and making space for each other.

The team spirit seems to be soaring. I'm not in the slightest worried about relegation, just interested to see who our boys put to the sword on the run in

who has improved... on 12:04 - Mar 1 with 3690 viewsBYMJacks

I think out of all the players Pablo Hernandez has improved the most.
who has improved... on 12:26 - Mar 1 with 3653 viewsCatullus

I had been critical of JDG and Pablo but they have been fantastic since Monk took over.
Most of the squad have with the exception of Leon, his standards never dropped. Under Laudrup even Ash was starting to look ragged.
If I put them in order, most improved first it would be, Pablo and JDG joint top, Chico, Routledge with most of them improved but not as much as the aforementioned.
Bony was possibly the only player to improve while Laudrup was still here and he continues to impress.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

who has improved... on 12:50 - Mar 1 with 3623 viewsHighjack

For me it seems clear they've been doing a hell of a lot more ball work in training. Their first touch, which has often got away from some players all season now suddenly is sticking to them like glue.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

who has improved... on 13:25 - Mar 1 with 3593 viewsduckling

Just remember to factor in:

Recovery time(playes play better when in form obviously)
Moral
Opposition
Positioning(like Hernandez playing more central than he usually did)

To me the jury is still out for this stuff(THe Swans have created plenty of chances over the season, but it really is the number of goals that's the issue)
THe team still got that issue of less goals than they shouold have from the nubmer of chances created.
who has improved... on 13:37 - Mar 1 with 3579 viewsAnotherJohn

The next two home games will be crucial when it comes to assessing the extent of our improvement. We need to get behind the lads because if we don't get results it really is squeaky bum time.
who has improved... on 14:01 - Mar 1 with 3545 viewsStarsky

who has improved... on 13:25 - Mar 1 by duckling

Moral
Opposition

To me the jury is still out for this stuff(THe Swans have created plenty of chances over the season, but it really is the number of goals that's the issue)
THe team still got that issue of less goals than they shouold have from the nubmer of chances created.

I know what you mean about the lack of goals but we are missing virtual open goals at the moment. Bony is my favourite player at the moment and as immense as he was against Napoli in both legs, he's the one that should have put us through to the next round.

It's just the internet, init.

who has improved... on 14:06 - Mar 1 with 3538 viewsA_Fans_Dad

who has improved... on 13:25 - Mar 1 by duckling

Moral
Opposition

The side is still missing Michu's 22 goals in the previous season and even the 6 he scored this season.
I think the whole team (apart from Vasquez) has really improved, but JDG and Pablo are standing out with Chico the most improved of all.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024